This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCon update regarding Powered Commander and Alex Milne Lith

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: TFCon update regarding Powered Commander and Alex Milne Lith

Postby Blurrz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Last edited by Blurrz on Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby jaydisc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:41 pm

PLEASE don't remove this thread/topic/news item. This is the only type of event that actually gets TFCon to discuss the situation!!!

Personally, I have a few issue with their response:

1. Why don't they respond to emails. I've sent repeated emails not only to tfcon@moutaincable.com, but also to advertising@cybertron.ca (the PayPal address we all paid) and colin@tfcon.ca. Like the poster above, I also offered to pay MORE money for a tracked solution when they finally replied to me in August offering to resend. Also, like the poster above, my email was ignored.

2. Not only do they stay quiet until smoked out like this, but they try to make everyone else quiet. Posts and topics discussing it have been deleted, removed or closed. Here's an example at Cybertron.ca. Note that the thread is locked (screenshot attached for posterity). Mods at TFW2005 are reviewing a similar situation there.

3. Some topics that have been deleted have asked for one successful recipient to step forward. NONE EVER HAVE!

4. No "refunds" to Australians have been given. However, two CHARGEBACKS have been initiated and are still being processed. A shipping estimate was once posted that stated 6-8 weeks. Conveniently, that's beyond the time limit to file a PayPal dispute, so chargebacks were only available to those that funded their PayPal transaction with a credit card.

5. As mentioned a few times by others, NO ONE WANTS A REFUND!!! The chargebacks were filed due to the futility of any effort to communicate and were the choice between getting nothing and getting nothing as well as losing money! Those that filed chargebacks would instantly resend the money WITH EXTRA FUNDS for a tracked shipping method to get these lithos.

I found a site that has recently sprung up seemingly as a result of the forum silencing that's been occurring. The domain name is conveniently www.alexmilnelitho.com, aptly named to seemingly stay very relevant in Google search results. He's asking for anyone who's ordered to come and document what happened to them. Since it's outside of any forum and thus not exposed to conflicts of interest, this should end up becoming a good barometer for the scale of this situation. I'd strongly recommend to anyone (especially those successful!) that ordered to go have your voice heard there too!
Attachments
Screen shot 2009-09-20 at 12.58.18 PM.png
jaydisc
Mini-Con

Postby [JRX] » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Motto: "Kill 'em Dead!"
Blurrz wrote:Convotron, please stay out of this. You aren't representing TFCon, nor are you someone who has purchased this Lithograph, so don't act like you know everything about this situation.

Seriously, Blurrz? Should we apply that logic to the rest of the threads in the forums?

Are we gonna limit the toy forums to hastakomy representatives and Seibertronians with receipts for the discussed toys?

Give Convotron an effen break!
[JRX]
Minibot
News Credits: 2

Postby lightsyder » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 pm

I just got an email offering a refund if I still have not received the poster. Not cool. I don't want a refund, I want the poster. I can't believe two got lost in the mail.
lightsyder
Mini-Con

Postby First Gen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
lightsyder wrote:I just got an email offering a refund if I still have not received the poster. Not cool. I don't want a refund, I want the poster. I can't believe two got lost in the mail.

I understand your frustration as Im sure everyone here does as well, but TFCon is run primarily on a volunteer staff, if one person thinks another is supposed to be doing something and vice versa, things get jumbled up. TFCon was not out to hurt you or anyone else. They are by the fans for the fans. I'm sorry you won't be getting the Litho as its an amazing piece, but be happy they've acknowledged your situation and are trying to make it right.

This didn't happen on purpose.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby magnusalpha » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Motto: "Do not be afraid of the unknown. Seek it out."
Weapon: Sword
It's absurd to me that TFcon's response is about how hurt they are that their side wasn't heard, when it sounds like many people emailed them many times, over many months, and it sounds like the TFcon folks responded to only a few.

As for the "they mean well" and "they're just a couple guys" defense being mounted, that doesn't count for anything. Don't sell a product if you can't even handle responding to your email address. TFcon has stated they only check the TFcon email address when the convention is on? Completely ridiculous. If that's the email address listed as your main contact, and you're selling a product, check your damn email address.

All of that being said, I am very sure they're good people. I just have a hard time accepting that an organization consisting of a handful of people can't keep themselves coordinated, and it's amazing to me that they can put on a whole convention.
magnusalpha
Fuzor
Buy from magnusalpha on eBay

Postby Convotron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
[JRX] wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Convotron, please stay out of this. You aren't representing TFCon, nor are you someone who has purchased this Lithograph, so don't act like you know everything about this situation.

Seriously, Blurrz? Should we apply that logic to the rest of the threads in the forums?

Are we gonna limit the toy forums to hastakomy representatives and Seibertronians with receipts for the discussed toys?

Give Convotron an effen break!

Thanks for the back up, [JRX]. :)

I can only respond to the quote as the original post has been edited so I don't have proper context to judge my addressing but had someone told me to desist earlier in the thread, I would have had no problem doing so.

I did state that I didn't purchase the lithograph and that I also stated that I didn't know for a fact how many people did or didn't receive their lithos.

I do take issue with being perceived as posting in such a way that I somehow came off as knowing everything about the situation. I tried to word my posts as carefully as I could to make sure that it was clear I was being as objective about the situation as much as possible and wasn't insinuating that I, in any way, was an authority on the situation.

My main interest in this discussion is the fact that I'm Canadian and I hoped to see TFCon, the most prominent Canadian Transformers convention I'm aware of, resolve this issue in an appropriate manner.

Despite not being a TFCon staff member and not purchasing a litho, I believe my statements are in line with common expectations of service for purchased goods. I work for a company as a quality assurance manager and staff trainer and we have major contracts with telcos around North America and other areas of the world. I'm confident in saying I have more professional experience with worldwide customer service standards than the average person.

I believed I could contribute to the thread in a meaningful way despite not having either qualification of litho ownership or TFCon employment. I certainly didn't post in the thread to stir up any trouble. I actually support TFCon, otherwise, I would have stayed out of the thread rather than trying to put the situation in perspective from the information I have access to through this thread and other sources.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Blurrz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Disregard what I said earlier. Didn't mean to start anything. Don't really want to talk about it, bad day and all.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Convotron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Sure thing!

I just wanted to clear things up on my part. I love my time here at Seibertron so the last thing I wanted to do was inadvertently cause trouble. This kind of discussion can easily go the wrong way.

We've all had bad days so I totally understand. I hope everything works out.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Blurrz » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks bro. My right eye has been sore for the entire day and I have no idea why, there was an ant living in my microwave, the Oilers lost and I haven't done the amount of homework/readings I planned to do.

In regards to the topic, I have no idea why it's taken so long. Regardless of excuses, this is slightly ridiculous.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Convotron » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:43 am

Yikes, yeah, things can add up and make a bad day for sure.

I think that lightsyder's post regarding a recent offer of a refund is a step in the right direction. It's not what many want. There is definitely demand for the great artwork Alex created but a refund is a standard option for compensation.

When things get lost in the mail, it's complicated because the issue is mainly out of the item provider's hands. The delivery service who has their own procedures to go through to find the package can sometimes be great and find things quickly or take a while. I've experienced this scenario many times when I used to work for FutureShop. The headache Canada Post used to give us...

TFCon has dissatisfied customers on one side and delivery issues on the other. It's not an easy position to be in.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby lightsyder » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 am

Quick update...

I emailed them to confirm the poster was sold out and they said I can still get one, they just wanted to offer the refund. I'm going to ask if they can provide tracking info this time though. Here's hoping!
lightsyder
Mini-Con

Postby tftoyaddict » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:29 am

So, the poster is already out of stock??!? Well then what is the process we have to do to get a refund to we send a request money from that mountaincable email via paypal or do we just send them an email?

After reading thru this thread I just email back to them using that mountaincable email address. Lets hope this time they check this email more and I do get my refund. Im sick and tired of waiting for 4 non existent posters. Sure their not out to scam anyone. But the way this has been handled has clearly marred TFcons reputation , volunteers or not, the service clearly is very lacking. Ive been polite in my email to them - liegeprime@yahoo.com - yeah that me if anyone from TFCON has read my emails I have been non aggressive nor abusive in my emails but clearly being polite doesn't get results but bitching about it does?! Sad but as we can see now it is evidently and sadly TRUE.

Jaydisc has summed it up in his points reply except the part for me that differs is that I now opt for the refund. Despite the fact that the litho rocks and amazing I have had enough waiting around. I will survive without it.

So if TFCON does read this threads update now that their in the issue limelight. HEEEEYYY GUYS!!! I sent an email guys, please read it (email address using abovementioned) and do my refund whoever is in charge of doing that, Thanks!
tftoyaddict
Mini-Con

Postby lightsyder » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:16 am

Didn't read all of my post, huh? :D Whoever I was talking to said I could still get one so I'm guessing they still have some in stock. I think they took all of this backlash to mean that people wanted refunds and that was it.
lightsyder
Mini-Con

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
They already refunded me, but I'm in contact to try to "start fresh" as it were, and get a new one shipped out. I have again offered to pay extra to get a trackable delivery option, so we'll see.

I absolutley love this piece, and I can't wait to see it framed along with some other pieces of TF art I own.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Zeds » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
What have I learned from the comments posted on this thread? Innocent before proven guilty was not applied. Calm down and think twice before thinking the worst regarding a situation. The guys at TFCon are great. Been to all the shows and the last thing that they would do is take anyone for a ride. This thread is being put to rest with people getting refunds or the poster reshipped. I just felt that I should stand up for Colin and the gang for what they have done for the collecting community in Canada.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby [JRX] » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Blurrz wrote:Disregard what I said earlier. Didn't mean to start anything. Don't really want to talk about it, bad day and all.

Sorry :-(

I'm a "buy all the hot dogs" kinda guy (see 30 Rock for origin of reference).

Hope things are looking better!
[JRX]
Minibot

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Well, in an even weirder twist, I was finally in contact to get the litho reshipped, made a second offer to spend more money on a trackable shipment, and then got a curt "We've decided to no longer ship anymore lithos, thanks." email.

I'm pretty disappointed now. All I really wanted was the lithograph. I suppose I understand that they just want the mess behind them, and I did get my money back (minus PayPal fees...grrrr) so I'm not really out anything, other than an awesome lithograph.

I wish this all could have been resolved more smoothly.

:-(
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Convotron » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:45 am

That's too bad, RC! At least you received a refund, though I'm sure there's little that can make up for your desire for the litho and the fruitless wait for it.

It's unfortunate but regardless of how small a percentage of people who had issues with their litho orders, this experience is something that'll possibly mar some people's perception of TFCon's future exclusive offerings.

The litho is very nice. I would have ordered one but I was out of the loop when it was originally offered.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby lightsyder » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am

Well, just got the email about no more posters being shipped. I'm really disappointed here. after all of this time trying to get one and the rest of the stock is just going to sit somewhere? Doesn't make sense to me. I truly do not understand what went wrong here. These guys seem to have a pretty good track record from what I am seeing. I go the Alternators/Binaltech poster without any issues at all when it was offered. And this time posters go missing and emails are unanswered for weeks at a time. Kind of a shame it took a Transformers website reporting about it to get something to happen. :-(
lightsyder
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:57 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
And the moral of the story is that parking in a Metro area is difficult and probably expensive. Help out with traffic congestion by taking public transit when ever it is available.

Also, answering email is a good way to maintain faith in your business practices.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby tftoyaddict » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:24 am

Well, I havent received any refunds... yet. Thank goodness to this forum for allowing this discussion at least it has produced results (an email response - yes it's aliiiiiivvvee :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: )Received an email last Sept 22,2009 stating ...

"You should have a refund in the next few days once funds are acquired into paypal.
Thanks." - tfcon@mountaincable.net

So hopefully for me this does not mean another waiting game.... :-?

People are stating this news is already resolved... but for people who have not gotten their refunds,ehm, sorry but Ive yet to consider the issue as resolved (:|

So just a query to those refunded already

Did you guys have to send a "request money" from paypal or do they just automatically sent to you back the amount you paid them?

Im asking this coz I dont want to end up waiting endlessly when apparently it would be my fault in the end if they needed me to send a "request money".

Cheers
tftoyaddict
Mini-Con

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 am

I am NOT he!"
They just sent my refund without me having to do anything.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby [JRX] » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:48 am

I thought I would update you on my struggles with TFcon...

me to TFcon Sept 19
Please issue a refund for the Alex Milne Litho I paid for on May 15th, 2009. Paypal Transaction ID #xxx

Thank you!

TFcon to me Sept 21
You should have your refund in the next few days once funds are acquired
into paypal.
Thanks.

me to TFcon Sept 29
Hello, again!

A little over a week ago, I was told that I should have a refund within "the next few days." I'm wondering if you can provide a proper estimate of when I can expect to have my money back? Paypal Transaction ID #xxx

Thank you!

TFcon to me Oct 1
Will be coming through in the next 24 hours, just have to cross reference
with the old payment. Thanks.

me to TFcon Oct 3
I'm sorry to be a nag, but I am honestly beyond impatient. I gave you guys the benifit of the doubt, which caused me to miss the deadline for filing a dispute with PayPal.

The transaction ID is xxx, sent from xxx@gmail.com on May 15th, 2009. That should make any cross reference a simple matter.

Please issue a refund literally as soon as possible.

Thank you!

That's where it hangs. Your move, TFcon!

UPDATE: finally got a "refund." $1.47 short b/c a fee got taken out of my end, but it looks like that's what I'm gonna get.
[JRX]
Minibot

Postby tftoyaddict » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Well. The ordeal is over. Got my refund. Checked my paypal today and its there. thank goodness this is finally over...
tftoyaddict
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 SEP221681 300C (CA) Diaz"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220413 3B (CA) Murphy"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220414 3RI Meugniot"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Destro Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Howard"
DUKE #1 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 302C 1023IM319 (CA)Walker"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #303 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1123IM281 303A (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON