This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCon update regarding Powered Commander and Alex Milne Lith

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

TFCon update regarding Powered Commander and Alex Milne Lith

Postby First Gen » Thu May 14, 2009 10:14 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Another update has been posted on the official website for TFCon regarding the recent events that occured regarding the mass release of the convention's exclusive Powered Commander set.

The convention is also offering non attendees an opportunity to get the convention lithograph Universe Divided done by artist Alex Milne.

For all the details on these new events, click here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: TFCon update regarding Powered Commander and Alex Milne Lith

Postby IceWilly » Thu May 14, 2009 10:29 am

On a somewhat related topic, do you guys who own homes and have display areas for your transformers hang up artwork or posters in that area? I think the IDW and litho pieces that have been done the past few years are incredibly cool and would be buying them to do just that?. Am I the only one who enjoys TF art so much?
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby First Gen » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

IceWilly wrote:On a somewhat related topic, do you guys who own homes and have display areas for your transformers hang up artwork or posters in that area? I think the IDW and litho pieces that have been done the past few years are incredibly cool and would be buying them to do just that?. Am I the only one who enjoys TF art so much?

Yes, I agree and no. Respectively.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Forgotten » Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
I wish I had one of these to put up but I don't think i'll be going after it(although it has made a great wallpaper for everything with a screen I own) :-B
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby zodconvoy » Thu May 14, 2009 11:13 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
That litho is AMAZING! Everything has been worked in. FP's City Commander, Nemesis and Powered Convoy armors, the Cliffjumper and Natobot Roadbuster upgrades, Music Labels Soundwave, Soundblaster, Rumble and Frenzy, G1 Laserbeak from the TRU reissue, HTS Dragstrip and Overkill, even Hotshot and Dinobot & Cheetor high up the mountain! It looks like there are two Infernos and one of them has an upgrade...? An amazing combination of Classics, Universe, Henkei and fan made items combined to make an astonishing whole. The only thing I could think to add are the unusable Botcon figures like Huffer, Dreadwind and Weirdwolf. Oh well. I'm still going to try to get this bad boy for myself!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby seanb0202 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Motto: "The Beating Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!!"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
THIS IS A SCAM!!! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, AND DISAPEAR!!! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT THESE PEOPLE FOR A MONTH AND THEY ARE IGNORING ALL OF MY EMAIL, AND THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO CONTACT THEM, NO ADDRESS, NO PHONE #, NOTHING!!!
seanb0202
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby jaydisc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:51 pm

I too, have ordered and not received it, as have many of my fellow Australian fans. I have heard that shipping from Canada to Australia can be troublesome, so I've been trying to find accounts from people who have ordered this and actually received it. That would at least restore my faith that it wasn't/isn't a complete scam.

Has anyone ordered and received this?
jaydisc
Mini-Con

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I'm in the US and haven't received this yet either. I contacted them repeatedly since I ordered it in May, and they finally responded in August and promised to reship it. Still nothing.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby First Gen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:03 pm

I've submitted an inquiry to TFCon regarding this. Hopefully they'll answer it, or I post this as news. :grin:

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
First Gen wrote:I've submitted an inquiry to TFCon regarding this. Hopefully they'll answer it, or I post this as news. :grin:

Thanks!

I'll update here if I get any info back from them. I suspect that if enough people yell loudly, they'll fix this, because they won't want anymore bad publicity (especially after the Powered Armor snafu).
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Convotron » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
The delay is one thing but the lack of prompt response from the staff at TFCon is very poor. As I understand it, TFCon is supposed to be the premier Transformers con for Canada. The way that this has been handled is not the best way for TFCon to represent itself.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Firepower: 9

TFCon 2009 Alex Milne Universe Divided Litho a No Show

Postby First Gen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Back in May of 2009, Seibertron.com reported that the Canadian Transformers Convention, TFCon, was offering non attendees a chance to own an exclusive art piece from the event. Universe Divided, done by artist Alex Milne, was a large poster done to commemerate the 25th Anniversary of the Transformers franchise.

Recently, members of Seibertron.com have been coming foward to claim that the TFCon exclusive lithograph has not been delivered despite ordering the poster. A couple members have even stated that communication between the folks over at TFCon had stopped and email inquiries were not being responded to. Seibertron.com also submitted and official inquiry to these allegations but the email was not immediately answered.

Have you ordered the TFCon 2009 Lithograph and either recieved it or not? Please let us know by clicking Discuss this topic above and help your fellow Seibertronians resolve this dilemna.

Seibertron.com, keeping you in the know, right now.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Re: TFCon 2009 Alex Milne Universe Divided Litho a No Show

Postby [JRX] » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 pm

Motto: "Kill 'em Dead!"
First Gen wrote:Have you ordered the TFCon 2009 Lithograph and either recieved it or not? Please let us know by clicking Discuss this topic above and help your fellow Seibertronians resolve this dilemma.

ooh... ME, ME!!!

I almost forgot about this... pretty much given up on getting it!

I emailed a few times to advertising@cybertron.ca after I waited what I felt was a reasonable amount of time. Didn't hear back for at least a month after emailing. Got an email from a different account. Said they'd re-send the print. Again, nothing. Tried to reslove via paypal, but waited too long or something. Gave up. The end!

*EDIT don't ask what the "different" account was. As I said, I gave up and ended up ditching the associated emails. I only know the advertising@cybertron.ca address b/c that's the address from the paypal transaction.
Last edited by [JRX] on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JRX]
Minibot

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Scam isn't the right word your looking for. I know the folks at TFCon very well and I can tell you they are all stand up people. Alex is a good guy too, if somewhat quite. (but that's how you know he's concentrating on his commissions.)

Let me talk to them this weekend at the AFX in Toronto. Maybe, much like myself, some other problems have gotten in the way. In my case, I'm giving members Swerve figures. In there case, they are selling Lithos.

Before you go lighting torches and strapping pitch forks to the barrels of shot guns let me talk to them first.

Not to sound cocky, but mine is sitting rolled up in my room. The only Litho I have out is the Mega-litho from DW all those years back and I had that one framed.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby jaydisc » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:15 am

It's GREAT to see this as a news item and getting public traction. Cybertron.ca has been deleting any posts discussing it. And TFW2005 has also had two topics discussing it deleted (Members of TFCon.ca are mods at both sites), although some other mods are investigating the issue there. The worst part about this is the constant silencing of anyone who tries to discuss it.

I ordered 3 for myself and friends. A friend in Melbourne ordered about 10 between him and other collectors. A few other AU members ordered too. NONE of us have received anything.
jaydisc
Mini-Con

Postby Convotron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:42 am

With all due respect, Down_Shift, I think it's less about lighting torches than it is people who are voicing their complaints about the delay of delivery and lack of appropriate response through normal channels of communication.

Some people have gotten the lithos but others haven't. Most people could have gotten their lithos for all I know but it still doesn't make up for the fact that some people haven't and those people have done their part in trying to get more information.

There can definitely be reasonable explanation for the delay in item delivery and communication problems but as I understand it, a lot of people have tried to get in touch with the staff who handle the litho sales with little to no effect.

If it takes the effort of someone who knows the staff personally to speak with them in person to get to the bottom of the situation, it tells me there was a significant failure in the management process.

Now I didn't order a litho but I thank you for taking it upon yourself to try to get to the bottom of this, Down_Shift. It's a stand up thing to do. I hope that there's a reasonable explanation and the people who have made purchases will be able to receive their lithos soon.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby LintHart » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 am

jaydisc wrote:. A friend in Melbourne ordered about 10 between him and other collectors.

aw thanks for the mention Jay :D

The thing that gets to me the most, is that there was communication for 2 and a half seconds until i paid my money,
only to have $300AU sit on my credit card gathering interest for 4 months cause i order so many and cant ask people to pay for what they haven't received and is likely never going to be received. Once payment was made, TFCon staff are gone like a fart in the wind.

I just want my litho :(

and i want a little more respect when i shell out $300

Its really about time this got some publicity, maybe now things will finally happen.

Thank you all, the more we speak out, the more likely we'll all win in the end
LintHart
Mini-Con

Postby tftoyaddict » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:44 am

I havent been active but as jaydisc pointed me here. I too have ordered 4 actually and its been a no show since May. I got a reply Late July IIRC, cant recall right now and cant be bothered opening my email to get exact date. But anyways, they responded saying sorry coz that email wasnt apparently being checked as it is used primarily only during convention times :?: :?: :???: . I have emailed back stating that, basically now they know that people are responding to that email address as it is the only email they provided as contact anyways!! and that they need to ship my 4 posters as I paid already , and quickly too! GAve them again, my address as they asked for it. Still doesnt explain why up til now I havent received any...... and I havent heard from any of them ever again... pardon me but bloody hell!! :-x :-x :-x :( I couldve had more use getting G1s with that $100....I even emailed the guy who was the recipient for the Paypal payment, thingking maybe if he does receive this he'll look into it and maybe some action can be done, but sheesh they take your money and then do a Houdini!! NOT ONE REPLY AFTER :-x :-x
tftoyaddict
Mini-Con

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:20 am

I am NOT he!"
I've also gotten the "this email wasn't checked when a convention wasn't going on" line.

The thing that galls me is that I even offered to pay *extra* for a trackable, insured shipping option, and was ignored.

I don't want pitch forks and torches raised. I don't want to see anything happen to one of the bigger conventions for our friends to the North. If they had a problem, like they ran out, or something similar, just let us know!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby lightsyder » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:17 am

Same story here, I ordered the poster and decided to email them in late July/early August. I was told they do not check that email very often but a new poster would be sent out. Emailed again early September and I was told a second one had been sent out. I asked for tracking info or something and never received a reply. I messaged an admin at the TFCon boards who had shut down a topic about this very subject and never received a response. Seems kind of suspicious to me. Maybe they sold more than they had?
lightsyder
Mini-Con

Postby First Gen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:46 am

Down_Shift wrote:Scam isn't the right word your looking for. I know the folks at TFCon very well and I can tell you they are all stand up people. Alex is a good guy too, if somewhat quite. (but that's how you know he's concentrating on his commissions.)

Let me talk to them this weekend at the AFX in Toronto. Maybe, much like myself, some other problems have gotten in the way. In my case, I'm giving members Swerve figures. In there case, they are selling Lithos.

Before you go lighting torches and strapping pitch forks to the barrels of shot guns let me talk to them first.

Not to sound cocky, but mine is sitting rolled up in my room. The only Litho I have out is the Mega-litho from DW all those years back and I had that one framed.

Thanks for trying to help with this situation D_S. I too believe that the guys of TFCon are stand up and believe that there must have been a serious breakdown in communication or some big error that prevented the transactions from being complete, but given the number of people that are complaining about this incident, and TFCon's lack of response to it, it was in the best interest of the aforementioned members of Seibertron.com that this topic be front paged.

Again, I don't want to bash anyone. I just want to help out the Seibertornians who were really looking forward to owning this most awesome lithograph. I haven't heard anyone state that they want a refund, they just want the goods.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Convotron » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:10 am

First Gen wrote:I just want to help out the Seibertornians who were really looking forward to owning this most awesome lithograph. I haven't heard anyone state that they want a refund, they just want the goods.

I'm sincerely happy that seibertron.com is reporting this in the interest of those who made purchases. I also think that the fact that while the purchasers aren't the happiest campers out there, they still want the litho, and this speaks volumes about the desire and appreciation for the product. People just want to have their part of the transaction fulfilled.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:03 pm

I am NOT he!"
Convotron wrote:
First Gen wrote:I just want to help out the Seibertornians who were really looking forward to owning this most awesome lithograph. I haven't heard anyone state that they want a refund, they just want the goods.

I'm sincerely happy that seibertron.com is reporting this in the interest of those who made purchases. I also think that the fact that while the purchasers aren't the happiest campers out there, they still want the litho, and this speaks volumes about the desire and appreciation for the product. People just want to have their part of the transaction fulfilled.

QFT

Alex Milne's art is spectacular.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
ok, now I know your upset, and for those who really enjoy Alexs work I would ask that this thread be laid to rest.

IDW is now questioning Alex as if this is somehow his fault. From what I am aware of there is an issue with the postal service used.

I would ask that ANYONE that is having an issue with this, please PM me and I will handle this myself.

Thanks y'all! B-)

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby First Gen » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Down_Shift wrote:ok, now I know your upset, and for those who really enjoy Alexs work I would ask that this thread be laid to rest.

IDW is now questioning Alex as if this is somehow his fault. From what I am aware of there is an issue with the postal service used.

I would ask that ANYONE that is having an issue with this, please PM me and I will handle this myself.

Thanks y'all! B-)

Why the heck would this be Alex's fault in any way? The proof that he did the litho on the front page and in this thread. All that needs to be done is reproduce it. I would think that would be TFCon's job.

Besides, I got and posted the TFCon response. I am sorry it had to come to this, I hope everything gets resolved well.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2012 2RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Milgrom 230915M"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #40 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM319 6A (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200370 2B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #35 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210494 35RI (CA) Gauntt (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #35 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 3A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON