This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Drrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Drrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu May 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Derrick J. Wyatt, the Lead Character Designer for the Transformers Animated Series, has been interviewed by coolshite.net.

While the interview itself covers similar ground to previous Wyatt interviews, regarding character selection, and the desing process, it does offer up four full character designs: Ramjet, Autorooper, Steeljaw and Bumper, as well as a head design for BWII Star Upper.

To check out the interview, and character designs, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Drrick J. Wyatt divulges new Animated Character Designs

Postby Technically weird » Thu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Motto: "Cut a hole in the box!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
I really want to se a whole sketch of just Tracks like he is in the show.
Technically weird
Minibot
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 4
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Archanubis » Thu May 14, 2009 5:46 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I think Steeljaw was in "This is Why I Hate Machines."
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby CrabHeart » Thu May 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Motto: "so much research!"
Weapon: Electro Magnetizer
PLEASE dont tell me that autotrooper isnt based from kissplayers autorooper.... that would be... sooooooo mest up.. if it is someone message me instantly.
parts im looking for = g1/g2/ko dinobot weapons.
wilder/fangry head guns and wings.
pretender bumblebee weapons.
g2 lazerrod lasersword.
diaclon eminifig/spike witwiki
CrabHeart
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu May 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Will someone PLEASE tell Derrick we don't want to see anymore stupid G1 cameos in Animated? It's getting freakin' annoying.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby JesWal » Thu May 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Motto: "I aim to misbehave."
Weapon: Electro-Magnetic Rocket Launcher
Darth Bombshell wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell Derrick we don't want to see anymore stupid G1 cameos in Animated? It's getting freakin' annoying.

Wow, calm down man. He's a fan just like us. If you were in Wyatt's position, you would do what you wanted (as far as you could) right? It's his thing. Plus, he's an artist, he draws all the time, and when one needs something to draw, one draws what one likes. Derrick likes G1, so he draws characters from G1. Besides, some cameos shouldn't bother you that much. They're not major characters or anything...
JesWal
Fuzor
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby TFBuyer » Thu May 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
JesWal wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell Derrick we don't want to see anymore stupid G1 cameos in Animated? It's getting freakin' annoying.

Wow, calm down man. He's a fan just like us. If you were in Wyatt's position, you would do what you wanted (as far as you could) right? It's his thing. Plus, he's an artist, he draws all the time, and when one needs something to draw, one draws what one likes. Derrick likes G1, so he draws characters from G1. Besides, some cameos shouldn't bother you that much. They're not major characters or anything...

Yeah, no doubt, man. Calm down. I suppose you want some "cool" characters to make it into Animated instead? Like what, some obscure European G2 release?

Recent TF Purchases--Transformers Power of the Primes!
TFBuyer
Headmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby CrabHeart » Thu May 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Motto: "so much research!"
Weapon: Electro Magnetizer
i love all the camios.. its fun to spot them.
parts im looking for = g1/g2/ko dinobot weapons.
wilder/fangry head guns and wings.
pretender bumblebee weapons.
g2 lazerrod lasersword.
diaclon eminifig/spike witwiki
CrabHeart
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu May 14, 2009 11:43 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
STEELJAW!!!!! Damn it, if the show was still around we would've had a new Steeljaw figure.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby heltskelt » Fri May 15, 2009 6:15 am

I understand the feeling of annoyance. It is fun to spot cameos, ask my TiVo . The annoyance... maybe sadness in my case, comes from knowing we will not get figures for all those awesome designs. Hell, i'm still crossing my fingers for Arcee!
heltskelt
Minibot

Postby T-Macksimus » Tue May 19, 2009 12:12 pm

I could see where the cameos may get annoying for some folks, especially for the under late-20's crowd. Personally, I think they are loads of fun. I sit and watch the show with my kids and there have been several times where I have had to explain the little "inside jokes" to them, so it gives me an oppurtunity to introduce more of the G1 world to the both of them. Once in awhile we even jump on the 'Net after watching an episode just so I can further explain the significance of the cameo or hidden joke. My kids have almost as much fun watching me watch the show as they do watching the show itself.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby mitchsantona » Tue May 19, 2009 7:48 pm

Weapon: Crossbow
Cameos are great. I find myself scowering the web to find out who some of these guys are too. I never knew what the aitch an autotrooper was. Now I do. The cameos and homages from Animated got me back into watching all of the old series. It's because of Animated and DW that I started collecting again. Now I can't get enough.
mitchsantona
Minibot
News Credits: 12
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JETFIRE Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
JETFIRE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SEA MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2003 231209A"
SEA MINI-CON TEAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energon Blade parts for LASERBEAK / BUZZSAW Transformers Botcon 2006 230427B"
Energon Blade part ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKID-Z Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821A"
SKID-Z Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOW CAT Transformers Energon Combat Class complete + instructions 2004 230427A"
SNOW CAT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #1 FCBD Dreamwave Comics 2003 Free Comic Book Day (CA) Raiz"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON