This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More G1 Knockoffs on the Horizon: Superion, Sunstreaker & Oc

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

More G1 Knockoffs on the Horizon: Superion, Sunstreaker & Oc

Postby First Gen » Wed May 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
More bad news for you G1 collectors out there. Looks like more knockoffs are being unleashed in the Transformers community. According to reports from Seibertron.com member cappellamusic, the seller of the KO Shockwave we reported on here is also planning to sell KO's of G1 twin Sunstreaker and Decepticon triple changer Octane! This may be the first time Octane has ever seen a KO release.

But that's not all. Another seller over at ioffer has posted a G1 Superion KO set in what appears to be g1 packaging. KO's of the G1 gestalts have been available almost everywhere but usually come in a generic package.

Be cautious when purchasing your G1 figs Seibertronians. When in doubt, refer to our official Identifying KO's Thread for more information on Transformers KO's.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: More G1 Knockoffs on the Horizon: Superion, Sunstreaker & Oc

Postby DMSL » Wed May 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
If Sunstreaker is of the same quality as Mirage i'm buying.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby ponycorn » Wed May 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Octane, if priced reasonably and ok quality... I'd pick that up. Only if cash and carry though where I could check it out in person, not online.

KOs are no fun if they look good out of the box but fall and break apart on the first transformation.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed May 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Since i can never get a real Sunstreaker or Octane maybe i can snag these.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+

Postby ChrisR291 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Are any of these KO's good quality? Just curious because some of the KO's are kinda expensive.

GET READY FOR IT.....
ChrisR291
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Wed May 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Bleh...wish it were a legit reissue and not more of the KOs. Kinda let down that I didn't have internet when the seacons got released, because I'd have bought those. (Dunno why, but the thought of it occurs to me seeing this news...) But if I wanted KOs, I'd wait for the gestalt sets that can be found at places like Big Lots to resurface; those aren't being passed off as actual transformers, like this set is.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby It Is Him » Wed May 20, 2009 7:51 pm

That Superion KO is too nice. Make it poopy so I won't get confused with the real gift set.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby HighPrime » Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
This seller was over-zealous with sticker applications. The autobot insignias should only be applied to Silverbolt, stock. And if the other sellers are as lasy as this one below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tansformers-SUPER ... 3001r37474

you'll have no trouble figuring out the knock-offs.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby robofreak » Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm

This is bad. At this point it's only a matter of time until Jetfire and other grails are KO'ed.

I wonder what will happen if Lio Kaiser were to get this treatment? How many pissed off collectors would there be since the average price is $600 for the set?

Hasbro and Takara need to step up the reissues. The KO market took all the fun out of buying G1 for me and now I stick to reissues because I at least know I'm getting a legit figure with a reissue.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby HighPrime » Wed May 20, 2009 10:13 pm

robofreak wrote:This is bad. At this point it's only a matter of time until Jetfire and other grails are KO'ed.

I wonder what will happen if Lio Kaiser were to get this treatment? How many pissed off collectors would there be since the average price is $600 for the set?

Hasbro and Takara need to step up the reissues. The KO market took all the fun out of buying G1 for me and now I stick to reissues because I at least know I'm getting a legit figure with a reissue.

Reissues are just as damaging to the collector market as KO's, If not, more so since you have an authentic product deluting demand for the original. I think this mainly impacts the casual collector, though. Hardcare collectors will always search out the original releases. The real damage is to Takara/Hasbro's bottom line and to the Transformers image as KOs don't meet the same quality standards. Some come close, though. MHO :grin:

As was also mentioned, buying a KO when expecting an original is certainly no fun, either.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby robofreak » Wed May 20, 2009 11:15 pm

You're correct, but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing it's legit if it's a reissue.

I'm not harcore so I don't really care about the value that much.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby kirbenvost » Thu May 21, 2009 12:40 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Damn, I was at hoping to pick up an Octane in the near future...now I dunno... I own the Mirage KO but it doesn't sit right with me, knowing it's not real.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 am

Motto: "Sex, food and rock'n'roll"
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
ChrisR291 wrote:Are any of these KO's good quality? Just curious because some of the KO's are kinda expensive.

I have Reflector, Mirage and Wheeljack and my opinion about them is that they're as good as official reissues, if not better than some cases (e.g. Jazz reissue is worse than these KOs).

If these toys were reissues from TakaraTomy or Hasbro you wouldn't see the difference.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
Megatron: Hmm... a free natural air conditioning system?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Buy from capellamusic on eBay
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 4
Skill: 9

Postby H0rdak » Thu May 21, 2009 6:48 am

capellamusic wrote:
ChrisR291 wrote:Are any of these KO's good quality? Just curious because some of the KO's are kinda expensive.

I have Reflector, Mirage and Wheeljack and my opinion about them is that they're as good as official reissues, if not better than some cases (e.g. Jazz reissue is worse than these KOs).

If these toys were reissues from TakaraTomy or Hasbro you wouldn't see the difference.

Does the Wheeljack KO have die-cast feet like the original one?
H0rdak
Mini-Con

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 6:57 am

H0rdak wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

Yes, I'd say it's 99% equal to the original. One difference it has are the metal pegs on the wheels. And unlike what some people say about KOs breaking, falling apart, etc, when transformed or whatever, that is only true for cheap KOs. Not with these, these are really good in my opinion and like I said, even better done than some official reissues like Jazz.
Optimus Prime: Great... but how are we gonna explain to capellamusic the hole on his wall?
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby HighPrime » Thu May 21, 2009 6:59 am

capellamusic wrote:

If you're refering to the damaged face of the Jazz Dreamwave release, yeah, that one wasn't too hot. The issue was rectified in the Encore release, though. Still, to your point about quality, with some of the other encore releases, quality/workmanship seems to be lacking. Omega Supreme and Optimus are fine examples.. something just seems off about them when compared to the originals and even past reissues in my experience.. hard to put a finger on it, though.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 7:09 am

HighPrime wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

If you're refering to the damaged face of the Jazz Dreamwave release, yeah, that one wasn't too hot. The issue was rectified in the Encore release, though. Still, to your point about quality, with some of the other encore releases, quality/workmanship seems to be lacking. Omega Supreme and Optimus are fine examples.. something just seems off about them when compared to the originals and even past reissues in my experience.. hard to put a finger on it, though.

I have the Encore Jazz, that's the one I'm referring to. Although better than the old reissue you've said, it still lacks in some parts. And I say without a doubt that those 3 quality KOs (Mirage, Wheeljack and reflector) are much better than any Jazz reissue I've seen, in my opinion, of course.

I've never had a vintage Omega Supreme, but the Encore seems perfect to me. The Encore Optimus Prime seems good, but not as perfect. I have a vintage Optimus Prime too.
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby H0rdak » Thu May 21, 2009 7:19 am

capellamusic wrote:
H0rdak wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

Yes, I'd say it's 99% equal to the original. One difference it has are the metal pegs on the wheels. And unlike what some people say about KOs breaking, falling apart, etc, when transformed or whatever, that is only true for cheap KOs. Not with these, these are really good in my opinion and like I said, even better done than some official reissues like Jazz.

Cool! Think I'll buy that once i get some cash together.
H0rdak
Mini-Con

Postby HighPrime » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 am

capellamusic wrote:
HighPrime wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

I have the Encore Jazz, that's the one I'm referring to. Although better than the old reissue you've said, it still lacks in some parts. And I say without a doubt that those 3 quality KOs (Mirage, Wheeljack and reflector) are much better than any Jazz reissue I've seen, in my opinion, of course.

I've never had a vintage Omega Supreme, but the Encore seems perfect to me. The Encore Optimus Prime seems good, but not as perfect. I have a vintage Optimus Prime too.

My Encore Jazz seems fine to me. That one I don't have an original, but it was much better than the Dreamwave release. For Omega and Prime and Have both an Encore and Original. Plastic/molding just doesn't feel the same on the reissue, just feels cheap for some reason, I don't know. It's not terrible, but have the 2 in your hand, you'd be able to tell the difference. The arm joints don't make the same 'pop' or ratcheting sound of the original either. Optimus feels cheaper, too.. like the mold is screaming "enough already.. I'm worn out". What little paint applications there are on the Encore series, all have been sloppy IMO. Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus, and Starscream all have paint issues. Factory stickers are applied sloppy, too. Maybe I received a bad batch. Only Jazz is fine from the ones I have.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 7:35 am

HighPrime wrote:My Encore Jazz seems fine to me. That one I don't have an original, but it was much better than the Dreamwave release. For Omega and Prime and Have both an Encore and Original. Plastic/molding just doesn't feel the same on the reissue, just feels cheap for some reason, I don't know. It's not terrible, but have the 2 in your hand, you'd be able to tell the difference. The arm joints don't make the same 'pop' or ratcheting sound of the original either. Optimus feels cheaper, too.. like the mold is screaming "enough already.. I'm worn out". What little paint applications there are on the Encore series, all have been sloppy IMO. Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus, and Starscream all have paint issues. Factory stickers are applied sloppy, too. Maybe I received a bad batch. Only Jazz is fine from the ones I have.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I don't mind it though. I pointed that about Jazz just as comparison to those 3 KOs, because I do like it! What I see bad in my Jazz is some looseness and the arms feel really cheap with bad cut, bad molded plastic and the pieces don't fit very well together. It's not too serious though, but the details are a lot better in KOs Wheeljack, Mirage and Reflector and the pieces fit well.
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 7:38 am

H0rdak wrote:Cool! Think I'll buy that once i get some cash together.

I'm really happy with mine :) , just take care about who you buy it from. Make sure it comes with all the accessories because that's something some people complain about and it happened to me, but the seller sent me the missing accessories without problems. I suggest you ask the seller to check the contents before sending because this happens with some MISB KOs.
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby H0rdak » Thu May 21, 2009 7:48 am

capellamusic wrote:

I'm really happy with mine :) , just take care about who you buy it from. Make sure it comes with all the accessories because that's something some people complain about and it happened to me, but the seller sent me the missing accessories without problems. I suggest you ask the seller to check the contents before sending because this happens with some MISB KOs.

I spontaneously bought the KO shockwave from that dude on ioffer yesterday, wich I realy hope I wont regret. If that goes well and I'm happy with it, I'll buy Wheeljack from him. Thanks for the advice on the accessories :)
H0rdak
Mini-Con

Postby HighPrime » Thu May 21, 2009 8:00 am

capellamusic wrote:
HighPrime wrote:My Encore Jazz seems fine to me. That one I don't have an original, but it was much better than the Dreamwave release. For Omega and Prime and Have both an Encore and Original. Plastic/molding just doesn't feel the same on the reissue, just feels cheap for some reason, I don't know. It's not terrible, but have the 2 in your hand, you'd be able to tell the difference. The arm joints don't make the same 'pop' or ratcheting sound of the original either. Optimus feels cheaper, too.. like the mold is screaming "enough already.. I'm worn out". What little paint applications there are on the Encore series, all have been sloppy IMO. Ironhide, Ratchet, Optimus, and Starscream all have paint issues. Factory stickers are applied sloppy, too. Maybe I received a bad batch. Only Jazz is fine from the ones I have.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I don't mind it though. I pointed that about Jazz just as comparison to those 3 KOs, because I do like it! What I see bad in my Jazz is some looseness and the arms feel really cheap with bad cut, bad molded plastic and the pieces don't fit very well together. It's not too serious though, but the details are a lot better in KOs Wheeljack, Mirage and Reflector and the pieces fit well.

Yeah, that's the other thing too.. just couldn't find the words for it.. the plastic doesn't fit will and is cut/molded poorly. Completely agree :mrgreen:
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby capellamusic » Thu May 21, 2009 8:03 am

H0rdak wrote:
capellamusic wrote:

I spontaneously bought the KO shockwave from that dude on ioffer yesterday, wich I realy hope I wont regret. If that goes well and I'm happy with it, I'll buy Wheeljack from him. Thanks for the advice on the accessories :)

You're welcome and I hope that Shockwave is as good (or better!) as Wheeljack, Mirage and Reflector :) . I want to buy it too, but I can't afford it right now, maybe I will next month, I always wanted to have Shockwave!
capellamusic
Headmaster Jr

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:42 pm

HighPrime wrote:This seller was over-zealous with sticker applications. The autobot insignias should only be applied to Silverbolt, stock. And if the other sellers are as lasy as this one below:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tansformers-SUPER ... 3001r37474

you'll have no trouble figuring out the knock-offs.

That is not at all what I remember from my G1 Superion. ALL of my G1 Aieralbots had insignia on the wings and they were all legit. The only G1 KO I ever had was a grey Shockwave. The only thing about this set that doesn't look right to me, sticker-wise, is the insignia on Skydives wings. He was the first Aerialbot I ever bought and this one seems to have a sticker placed over the wing stripes as opposed to having an Autobot logo incorporated into the striping like mine was.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10B (CA) Williams (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1223IM855 (CA) Howard"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP200475 5B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 SEP221680 300B (CA) Gallant"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A 0224IM255 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM464 6A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr A Bitterness Image Comics 2023 1023IM898 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON