This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

ROTF Grindor Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

ROTF Grindor Revealed

Postby Nekoman » Thu May 21, 2009 8:34 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
An auction on eBay would give us a better look at an upcoming Revenge of The Fallen Grindor figure. Grindor is a redeco of Blackout (later retooled into Evac) from the first film's toy line. To view the auction, click here.

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: ROTF Grindor Revealed

Postby Nekoman » Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I could have sworn I saw Blackout in one of the trailers... perhaps he appears in the movie?Image

This figure seems a little lazy to me, but I missed Blackout (and Evac) the first go around so I guess it's not too bad.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby harvester » Thu May 21, 2009 9:06 am

I hope the movie doesn't have many of those "looks like the same exact guy but their different, they just have the same chassis" sort of thing. For toys I guess I guess it's ok, though I'd love always love a new head. The black little Scorponok looks nice [for what it is].
harvester
Fuzor

Postby nemesis-prime » Thu May 21, 2009 9:24 am

Is that Grindor in the trailer, or is this just another repint toy i'll pass on? We saw blackout destroyed in the first movie but not scorponok.
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 21, 2009 9:53 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
harvester wrote:I hope the movie doesn't have many of those "looks like the same exact guy but their different, they just have the same chassis" sort of thing.

Yeah, like we never saw that in the cartoon in the 80's..:-P

If that's his new head sculpt, I like it.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby TheAllSpark » Thu May 21, 2009 10:14 am

Oh boy! Its the Attack of the Clones all over again :-P
TheAllSpark
Mini-Con

Postby Kibble » Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
How is this a new character? Doesn't even look like a repaint...just looks like Blackout.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu May 21, 2009 11:09 am

How can they just re-name a character in the movie like that? That's just retarded. Now the movie line is going to have two identical figures with different names. Why not package the Bumblebee figure as "Sunstreaker" then?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Covenant » Thu May 21, 2009 11:30 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
:???: Tha'fuuu???????? :???:
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Solrac333 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:42 am

The color looks nice but I don't think I'll be getting this.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Grindor = Blackout

In the movie, Blackout will be ressurected in this faded color scheme along with Megatron. That was Blackout that we saw in the trailers.

The reason for the name change is because Hasbro had wanted to keep his return a secret and so changed to the toy's name to keep the fans from being spoiled by a another ressurection.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu May 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Wait Blackouts in the movie so why is the toy named Grindor? Is he just a repaint being put out as a new bot or are they changing Blackouts name for some odd reason?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Stockade » Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 pm

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Maybe this is an Brawl/Demolishor mix up like before, Hasbro messed up again i say..

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Megatron_Wolf wrote:Wait Blackouts in the movie so why is the toy named Grindor? Is he just a repaint being put out as a new bot or are they changing Blackouts name for some odd reason?

See my previous post.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Newtilator » Thu May 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Damn!
I can't read his bio. And i must....
Can anyone help?
I am a very disgruntled Brit.

Newtilator
Fuzor

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Stockade wrote:Maybe this is an Brawl/Demolishor mix up like before, Hasbro messed up again i say..

You are entirely too optimistic. This isn't Hasbro screwing up again (well, in a way it is) this is Hasbros next attempt in a long, sad history of attempts to treat us like we are freaking idiots.
This makes me respect the companies that are producing KO's because at least some of them are actually putting effort into pulling a fast one on us. Hasbro has gotten so complacent that they aren't even trying to hide it.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Kibble » Thu May 21, 2009 2:22 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Sabrblade wrote:Grindor = Blackout

In the movie, Blackout will be ressurected in this faded color scheme along with Megatron. That was Blackout that we saw in the trailers.

The reason for the name change is because Hasbro had wanted to keep his return a secret and so changed to the toy's name to keep the fans from being spoiled by a another ressurection.

In that case, this is a DEFINITE buy! :roll:
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Blackout 101 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:00 pm

another reason this has to be blackout s because in the film u find that scorponok is hiding waiting for his master to return, he wouldn't dare serve anyone else, he's blackout's minion

lol, i luv blackout

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Blackout 101
Mini-Con

Postby Agent 007 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

why the hell are they calling him Grindor?! #-o if my old blackout breaks I might buy this one. Oh and for those that can't read the bio:
GRINDOR is a born soldier. He is both a highly talented fighter, and an instinctive strategist. Every moment of a battle is laid out in his head before the first shot is even fired. He is so talented at anticipating his enemy's moves that he is almost never surprised. Whenever he can, he ensures himself a place at the direct center of a fight so that he can bring his powerful weapons to bear on the AUTOBOTS around him, destroying as many as he can as quickly as possible.
“Ching-a-ling. Come out and get your ice cream. Any bad robot out there better get ready for an ass whoopin’.”
-Skids
remember when all else fails:
ZOMBIE DANCE!!
Agent 007
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Agent 007 wrote:why the hell are they calling him Grindor?! #-o if my old blackout breaks I might buy this one.
See my first post above.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Rijie » Thu May 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Motto: "Faith will crumble before the rage of philosophy."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Lame. At least the Evac-to-Whirl repaint will go well with my G1-Homage movie Autobots.

But I still think it is cool that Blackout is returning for the second film.
I told the fire to go **** itself, and it did.

Rijie Seeking:

Botcon 2009--Souvenir Sweeps
Botcon 2010--Souvenirs Rapido, Scorch/Shattered Glass Ravage

MISP preferred, but will consider opened NM/Complete, especially for older figures. Lots of TFs for trade! Please PM any inquiries, serious interest only!
Rijie
Brainmaster
Courage: 9

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu May 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Agent 007 wrote:why the hell are they calling him Grindor?! #-o if my old blackout breaks I might buy this one.
See my first post above.

I think what he meant was why is Hasbro doing the same, unispired recyled b.s. they are always pulling on us? Grindor is so far removed from original that it's going to give Wheelie a good rep. and it's twice the insult given that it was recycled most recently from a min-con. An undignified move against an otherwise decent mold.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 22, 2009 1:24 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
His name could easily be Grindor in the movie, not Blackout. We don't know what's official so we can't exactly assume what is right and what's wrong.

IMO, It'll be Grindor. Different Identity. Perhaps related to Blackout. Heck, maybe it is Blackout, as Galvatron is to Megatron. Who knows.

BTW, All of the movie bots have face boxart from the Movie. This one is just toy CGI.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Blackout 101 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:31 pm

its gotta be blackout cuz on all the lists of characters or on the new list for the game it says blackout
not one says grindor

:evil:
Blackout 101
Mini-Con

Postby Blurrz » Fri May 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Blackout 101 wrote:its gotta be blackout cuz on all the lists of characters or on the new list for the game it says blackout
not one says grindor

:evil:

That's a video game.

And I'm pretty sure it's Grindor in the video game.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 OCT221764 4RI (CA) Santtos"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230548 8F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #1 RI 1:100 IDW Comics JUN229279 1F RI (CA) Deodato"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220385 3C (CA) Sanches"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 1D (CA) Lee"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #1 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 JUL221655 1C (CA) Gregori"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Usagi Yojimbo LONE GOAT AND KID #6 IDW Comics 2022 APR221602 (CA) Petersen"
Usagi Yojimbo LONE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #4 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 4G GPK"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #2 RI 1:25 IDW Comics DEC221449 2RI 2D (CA) Del Mundo"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231487 4C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr G 1:75 Boom Studios Comics 111G 230906B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #117 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230121 117A"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2023 DEC221443 6D 6RI (CA) Qualano"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #25 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210465 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #25 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON