This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

A Veteran's Guide to Botcon

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

A Veteran's Guide to Botcon

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 12:37 am

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon

Hello, everyone. The staff here at Seibertron.com realized that with BotCon rapidly approaching, some of you (especially the first-timers) might have a few questions about the event. So without further adieu, allow me to present "A Veteran's Guide to BotCon."

On to the hotel! - Okay, so the big time has arrived, you've flown out of your local airport and are now in California. Whichever airport you fly into (most people are using LAX or Burbank), or whatever hotel you have booked a room with are not likely to be anywhere close by. That means you'll need to find a way to your hotel. Of course, the airports will all have rental car agencies on or around the premises but not everyone will want to brave LA traffic. The good people at Fun Publications have arranged a discount if you would like to take an airport shuttle to your hotel. There is also an extensive bus system and plenty of cabs available if you prefer.

Wednesday and Thursday Activities - Each year, Fun Publications offers customizing classes and tours of the area. Unfortunately, if you haven't already signed up for those you will have to wait until next year as registration is closed and normally is well in advance of the event. If you did sign up, Botcon.com has provided the following information about when and where to show up.

Customizing Class members will meet at the Sheraton Hotel. Room location is the Colorado Room. Class times for Wed & Thurs. is 9-5 pm. No one will be seated after 9:15am.

All Tour Guests (Wednesday & Thursday) need to meet in front on the Pasadena Convention Center @ 300 E Green Street to depart for tours. This location has been changed from what was stated in the confirmation letter you received. See brochure for details on times and events for each tour.

All class and tour participants get to pick up their packages on Wednesday night @9:30 PM in the Pasadena Convention Center in front of Exhibit A.

On Thursday night, starting at 6 PM there will be registration and package pickup at the Pasadena Convention Center. When you received your confirmation letter, you should have been assigned a package pickup time. Please note that all times are using the PACIFIC time zone so please adjust accordingly. When you arrive at the Convention center, make sure to bring that letter with you, along with a photo ID. If for any reason you have lost your letter, you can still get in using your photo ID but it will slow down the process a bit. Please remember that no one can pick up your package for you. Registration is actually a lot more fun than it sounds because if you're a Primus package holder it will be the chance for you to finally pick up your box set and free attending figure. The lines will be arranged alphabetically so make sure you are in the proper line. When you get to the front of your line, the staff will generally make you inspect your set and make sure everything is okay with it. Even if they don't, please do so anyway just to ensure that there are no broken or missing pieces, scratches, etc. If you are a Primus attendee, you will get a survey to fill out. Please do so as this will be not only your chance to vote on your favorite websites (Seibertron.com) for the Saturday Night Awards at Paramount and also this will serve as you entry for a very special drawing on Sunday (more on that later.) By the way, even if you a Mini-Con or Protoform attendee you still have to go through the line and register.

ImageImage

Okay, so by now you'll have your nifty little name badge and it comes with a big perk. It gives you the right to get into the line for the Transformers Collector's Club Store. The line will likely be extremely long, but it will be worth it as this will be your chance to buy exclusive souvenir figure sets as well as many more items (I believe the ROTF toys will be available at this booth starting Thursday night which will bare a special gold foil sticker stating its authenticity of being a very first release figure). Provided the rules stay the same, you will be allowed to purchase one of each souvenir set available. They verify this by physically punching your name badge. In past years, they have generally offered 2 2-pack sets but it is rumored that there might be even more this year. Prices on these will not be actually announced until Thursday night itself and do tend to vary. Last year if you bought both sets it ran around $200 but there is no guarantee what this year's sets will cost. If this sounds ultra expensive, please note that like the boxes sets, these souvenir sets have extremely limited production numbers and will not be available at regular retail stores. Generally there are pictures of the items towards the beginning of the line. The staff will then pass out order sheets for you to fill out as you wait. This is done to expedite the process. Please not that the club store is only open until 10 PM PACIFIC.

ImageImage

Friday - The Mayhem begins

Friday’s events are definitely a perk of being pre-registered,, especially the “Private Sales Room Preview.” However, I’ll start at the start. If for whatever reason you either a) couldn’t arrive earlier or b) just simply missed the pre-registration deadline, starting early Friday morning there will be “late registration.” This works essentially the same way as it does Thursday night, except that the lines are far shorter. If you simply arrived to the convention late, just bring your photo ID and confirmation letter as mentioned before. If you haven’t registered for a package at all, now will be your chance to do so. As of right now, there are less than 60 Primus packages (with 2009 boxsets, anyway) available but if you want the 2009 set, I’d advise getting there as early as possible if you’d like one. Late registration begins officially at 9:30 am. If you simply want general admission, you’ll have to wait until Saturday to purchase that. Also on Saturday, the club store opens once again, this time at 9 AM. If you haven’t picked up the exclusives yet, now would be the time to do because they always end up selling out. If you already purchased your exclusives on Thursday and would like more, you should be able to buy one more of each, unless any rules have changed.

Between 9 AM and 12:50 PM there are a series of panels. Panels are pretty fun, they are usually essentially Q&A sessions with a featured guest or guests. Every once in a while, the guests just speak on their own without that much audience interaction, but like I said, usually fans will get their chance to ask a question or even two depending on time constraints. So, want to know how to ask a question? Depending on the audience size for the panel, you’ll either get to raise your hand or get in line to ask via microphone. Either way, as long as you line up to ask it early, your question should be addressed. Another good reason to attend panels is that you can often be privy to inside info like news on upcoming projects, toy release dates, heck, maybe even a movie spoiler or two. After a lunch break, one of the main events of BotCon begins at 2 PM and that is the “Private Sales Room Experience.” If you have that rare “must-have”, this is the time to swoop in and buy it. Don’t be afraid to ask a dealer for something you don’t see as sometimes they won’t have room to display everything initially. Last year I snagged a Huffer/Springer 2 pack for $75 from a dealer who hadn’t got it out yet when other dealers were asking about $125. I could write 30 pages just on the dealer’s room and even show you a bunch of pictures of the room from previous years but you won’t get the full experience until you’re actually inside it. The best way to sum it up is to say it’s like climbing inside a giant toybox. Meanwhile, the autograph sessions begin featuring Gregg Berger, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtman, Stan Bush and Vince Dicola. Please note that this is the only day that Orci and Kurtzman have been scheduled to sign autographs.

At 5 PM, the dealer room closes and as of now, there are no events scheduled until 8:30 when Shout! Factory presents the Transformers Film Fest. These are fan submitted short films of various types (cgi, stop motion., etc.) with prizes being awarded to the winners during the party at Paramount. At 9 pm, is the official 2009 Seibertron.com meet-up. If you are a bit late because you’re at the Film fest or somewhere else, don’t worry because we will be there for quite a while! Botcon itself has 2 more activities Friday night. At 10 PM they will hold MSTF, where Transformers fans parody all things Transformers from cartoons to the live action movie, all on the big screen. More simply put, MSTF is the Transformers version of Mystery Science Theatre 3000,l for those of you who are familiar. The night will be capped by a special preview of the “Transform Me” fan documentary.

Saturday - The Crowd Grows

The day starts off with a bang, as the dealer room opens for registered attendees at 8:30 AM. This is also the first time “general admission” tickets will be available for purchase. There are 2 pricing tiers involved with general admission. At 9 AM, the cost is $50 and is known as “Early Bird Admission.” The advantage to these tickets is that you’ll get a jump on seeing what’s in the dealer’s room as opposed to other general admission attendees but please remember people who bought registered packages already had their chance the night before. At 10 AM, the general admission price drops to $10 and will remain the same for the rest of the convention. Please note that general admission passes get you in for one day only.

ImageImage

Now, if you ‘re a Primus package attendee and have already hit the dealer room on Friday night, you’re probably wondering what your excuse is to wake up early on Saturday. Well, from 9-11 AM “Weird Al” Yankovic will be signing autographs, exclusively for Primus attendees. At 10:30 AM The great Peter Cullen will also start signing autographs for one hour only. He will also have a session from 1-2 PM but if you are serious about getting his autograph I strongly advise getting in line as soon as you can for the first session. In 2007, Cullen had 2 sessions as well but the line was so long for the first one that at the end of the session, anyone who didn’t get an autograph was given a ticket for the next session and that pretty much ate up the entire second session. If you don’t want to brave these crazy lines but would still like an autograph from a well known Transformers voice actor, David Kaye is signing from 9:30-11 am. Stan Bush, and the voice of Grimlock from G1, Gregg Berger will also be signing from 11 AM-12:30 PM.

There are plenty of other fun things going on during the rest of the day, including several panels (Transformers Animated with David Kaye and “Weird Al” Yankovic, Peter Cullen, Hasbro Review Q &A, IDW Comics, Activision Transformers Video Game and the Transformer’s Collector’s Club Roundtable) and a demonstration on “How to Draw Transformers.” Also note that there will be hourly “door prizes” awarded in the dealer’s room. To enter, just drop by the Club Store and fill out an entry blank, it’s that simple, All of the activities close at 5 PM, except for…

The Party at Paramount

To attend this party, you would have had to have been either a Primus or Mini-Con attendee and then pay an extra $50. For those who did just that, it is shaping up to be a fun event for sure. At 7:15 everyone is supposed to meet on Green Street outside the Convention Center, with the actual party starting at 8 PM. It will include a tour of the back lot, dinner on the famous New York City set and much more. The event will be held Weird Al Yankovic has been announced to appear and Stan Bush will be performing live.

It may be at this point in the evening in which the awards for Best News Site, Best Resource Site and overall Best Site will be awarded to one of the many Transformers Fan sites. Seibertron.com is a 4 time award winning site and we hope to keep that streak going with another award this year.

And if it holds true, the Script Reading may take place at this time as well. The script reading features some guest voice actors and possibly a lucky attendee or to do a custom script that is submitted by an everyday Transfan like yourself as part of one of the many contests being held during Botcon. Last years script called "Bee in the City" featured David Kaye, Bumper Johnson and Tara Strong reprising their respective roles in a Transformers Multi-verse story with help from Marty Ensberg and a couple of lucky contest winners.

ImageImage

Also of note, during the entire convention, there will be hourly “door prizes” awarded in the dealer’s room. To enter, just drop by the Club Store and fill out an entry blank, it’s that simple, All of the activities close at 5 PM, except for…

Sunday - Winding to a Close

Sunday is generally the most “laid-back” day of the convention and this year will likely be no different. However, there are still a variety of panels and autograph signings happening. Also, if you have not done so by now, please remember to turn in your survey because at 3 PM there will be a special drawing for 2 Trips to the 2010 Convention (you must be present to win) When I say 2 trips, there will actually be 2 separate winners of 1 trip each which includes airfare (up to $450, 3 nights hotel fare and a Primus package. Sunday is also a great day to pick up some last-minute deals in the dealer’s room. Dealers are often inclined to give nice discounts towards the end of the convention because it will limited the amount of things they need to bring home with them. They don’t HAVE to do this, but often do. At 3:30 PM, sadly, the festivities draw to a close. However, there is no doubt that it will be an awesome weekend filled with unforgettable memories. We look forward to seeing you this week in Pasadena California and hopefully this article helped answer some of your questions about Botcon 09!
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: A Veteran's Guide to Botcon

Postby robofreak » Mon May 25, 2009 1:25 am

Thank you very much for this article. It's been a big help in figuring out what I need to do during the convention.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Will the dealer room be open for business Saturday morning or will we be able to buy stuff then?

2. Will guests like David Kaye and Peter Cullen sign figures? I don't plan on selling them. I just want to have a BW Megatron and a ROTF Optimus signed by their voice actors.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby harvester » Mon May 25, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks for the guide!

just 2 questions from me...

1. How would you guys suggest going about the Friday night private sales room? I'm too tempted to run in there and buy first and look later. So I guess I'm asking, when you guys are going after a hard to find thing, do you usually find all the sellers that are selling it and compare prices or is it too risky and best just to know overall value and grab it the first chance you get? [Im really looking for a Tyco Transformers train set with box]

2. I'm not checking out till Monday, what's everyone doing Sunday night? =P
harvester
Fuzor

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 8:09 am

robofreak wrote:Thank you very much for this article. It's been a big help in figuring out what I need to do during the convention.

I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Will the dealer room be open for business Saturday morning or will we be able to buy stuff then?

The dealer room will be open for registered attendees by 9 AM on saturday and you can buy whatever you want. General Admission guests are the only ones that have to wait until 10AM in a ridiculously long line that they only let in a little at a time.

robofreak wrote:2. Will guests like David Kaye and Peter Cullen sign figures? I don't plan on selling them. I just want to have a BW Megatron and a ROTF Optimus signed by their voice actors.

Yes. They'll sign pretty much anything, or have so in the past. I've heard that Mr. Cullen regularly signs MP Prime boxes and such.

harvester wrote:Thanks for the guide!

just 2 questions from me...

1. How would you guys suggest going about the Friday night private sales room? I'm too tempted to run in there and buy first and look later. So I guess I'm asking, when you guys are going after a hard to find thing, do you usually find all the sellers that are selling it and compare prices or is it too risky and best just to know overall value and grab it the first chance you get? [Im really looking for a Tyco Transformers train set with box]

This is a hard one, but if you see something you know you'd have a difficult time finding under normal circumstances, such as eBay or Carbombya, then snatch it up right away. Most attendees are salivating for the PSE and are ready to dump small fortunes to get that rare figure or figures they've been wanting for so long. This doesn't mean you can't haggle with dealers. You can always ask for a lower price, the worse they can say is no.

harvester wrote:2. I'm not checking out till Monday, what's everyone doing Sunday night? =P

There are going to be a decent group of folks doing this, including Delicon, the author of this report, so don't worry about being board. And just think, if you win a free trip to Botcon 2010, you'll have all that time to reflect on how awesome next years gonna be!

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby dragons » Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 am

:sad: i cant go you lucky members.

message to everyoen whos going have fun ill be expecting pictures :mrgreen:

tfcon is my only slavation..............ah could be worse going to one convention is good enough for me
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby vectorA3 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:36 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Thanks for making this D. Overall I've been to at least 5 comic/fan conventions so far, and haven't been to a Botcon since 2000. So this is a great refresher and guide. Quick question -- what's up with Botcon T-shirts? Will they sell out superfast, the cost, will they have older shirts? etc.
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 am

vectorA3 wrote:Thanks for making this D. Overall I've been to at least 5 comic/fan conventions so far, and haven't been to a Botcon since 2000. So this is a great refresher and guide. Quick question -- what's up with Botcon T-shirts? Will they sell out superfast, the cost, will they have older shirts? etc.

Last years Botcon shirts are still available in limited sizes at the Club store, but it seemed like everyone had one last year. If you wear a size L or up, I'd suggest buying yours asap.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby magirus » Mon May 25, 2009 9:56 am

This might be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway.. will the botcon store have all of the revenge of the fallen figures(list...) or just the first wave and what will the pricing be? will they be the same as a target/kmart or hiked up like the club store? also does anybody know how long the party at paramount will be?
magirus
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby OhioBot » Mon May 25, 2009 11:20 am

First time in 6 years we can't go :(. Rule 1: have fun, rule 2: talk to people, rule 3: get in line for Mr Cullen as soon as humanly possible, I sat in my spot for almost 2 hours, but it was worth it in 2007.
Follow me on twitter:
http://twitter.com/skeeter112375

1680 bots and no end in sight!

OhioBot
Micromaster
News Credits: 4

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 12:14 pm

magirus wrote:This might be a dumb question but I'll ask anyway.. will the botcon store have all of the revenge of the fallen figures(list...) or just the first wave and what will the pricing be? will they be the same as a target/kmart or hiked up like the club store? also does anybody know how long the party at paramount will be?

The Club store will definitely have Wave 1 in stock with Gold Foil stickers attached as these are supposed to be the Official Release of ROTF figures, which will most likely sell for a higher tender as most Club items do. As to whether or not any other figures will be released is anyones guess.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby robofreak » Mon May 25, 2009 3:34 pm

I just noticed something in the pics for the club store. The pics have signs that say "cash line" and "credit line". Which moves faster?

Also, my pick up time is scheduled for 7:00 PM. WHen I pick up my packages and get inline for the souvenirs, will my order still be filled even if I'm in line until 10? I'm assuming that if I'm in line they'll let me purchase the figures.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 4:55 pm

robofreak wrote:I just noticed something in the pics for the club store. The pics have signs that say "cash line" and "credit line". Which moves faster?

Also, my pick up time is scheduled for 7:00 PM. WHen I pick up my packages and get inline for the souvenirs, will my order still be filled even if I'm in line until 10? I'm assuming that if I'm in line they'll let me purchase the figures.

Last year the TFCC only had one credit kiosk when I went to get my souvenirs, which was late Friday, so I couldn't give you and honest answer on speed of lines, but I can assume cash will move faster cause there will be a bunch of Fun Pub people running around like crazy filling orders and cash moves faster to process then credit.

And yes, you'll get your souvenir set if you're in line.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Delicon » Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
robofreak wrote:I just noticed something in the pics for the club store. The pics have signs that say "cash line" and "credit line". Which moves faster?

Cash, and it's much, much quicker (on Thursday night)

Thanks to First Gen for helping me with a lot of the editing and visual effects for this story.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Mechas8n » Mon May 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Wish I could go, but its just too far away. Here's praying for another nice Midwest location soonish.

Didnt think I would be able to go last year because of personal financial issues but I went anyway, just with very very limited funds.

I am STILL kicking myself over stuff I didn't get.

If you see it and you want it, buy it It might not be there when you get back from that panel.

Remember. Anything you buy there you don't have to pay shipping on if you take it with you.

Don't care about the expense either. You mortgage company will work with you and you CAN eat ramen for a few weeks after.

Don't give up Binaltech's and Henkei's for meat and fresh vegetables. You don't need them. Just take vitamin pills you'll be fine, and you wont have to trawl Ebay and kick yourself every few minutes for being dumb.

(And no. I dont have a stall in the dealers room, in case anyone is wondering)
Mechas8n
Micromaster

Postby Rhapsodyred99 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:31 pm

I bought two primus packages before they limited you to one. Will I be able to get two sets of add on figs or will they limit me to the one set? I got the other set for a friend that cannot go, and I would hate for him to not get the add ons.

Also putting Wierd Al and Peter Cullens Autograph sessions on top of each other is freakin cruel! I suppose I will Have to camp out in the lobby till they let us start lining up :P

Also cash lines may move faster, but frankly with the ammount of figures offered this year I am a bit against taking that much cash out of town. I hope the dealers in the dealer rooms take credit as well for that matter.

If i lose a wallet with a CC in it I can call and cancel that guy, but if I lose a wallet with a few hundred (or thousand as the case may be for botcon :P) dollars in it thats going to suck.

And since we have no idea what the attendee figures are going to cost officially there is really no way to plan for that anyway. I really do not want to carry that much cash.
Rhapsodyred99
Micromaster

Postby magirus » Mon May 25, 2009 7:55 pm

a couple more questions.. ive read in the past that there were specials when you stayed at the hotel like toys/hotel cards.. is this every year or just select years( will it be this year?) also any word on the rumors that they are showing rotf? I only have had the privalage of attending the 2004 conv which was supposed to be the last (at that point in time)

Thanks for all the info.. hope to meet everybody friday night

Magirus
magirus
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Great article but I think a few important points were left out namely:

1) Lots of people (mostly men) in a relatively small space, please shower at least once a day. Deodorant is nice too.

2) One pair of underwear can not cover you for 3-4 days.

Nothing is more important than those two points. Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Rhapsodyred99 wrote:I bought two primus packages before they limited you to one. Will I be able to get two sets of add on figs or will they limit me to the one set? I got the other set for a friend that cannot go, and I would hate for him to not get the add ons.

Also putting Wierd Al and Peter Cullens Autograph sessions on top of each other is freakin cruel! I suppose I will Have to camp out in the lobby till they let us start lining up :P

I can't honestly answer that question for you, but the folks at Fun Pub can. Go to Botcon.com and get their number. You can submit an email question but that may not get answered as by tomorrow they will begin the move to California.

If they let you get two sets, I can't see them barring you from buying the equal amount in souvenir figures.

And yes, it was very cruel of them to schedule both like that.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby First Gen » Mon May 25, 2009 8:33 pm

magirus wrote:a couple more questions.. ive read in the past that there were specials when you stayed at the hotel like toys/hotel cards.. is this every year or just select years( will it be this year?) also any word on the rumors that they are showing rotf? I only have had the privalage of attending the 2004 conv which was supposed to be the last (at that point in time)

Thanks for all the info.. hope to meet everybody friday night

Magirus

This year has been extremely hush hush form the Transformers club. Last year we knew pretty much everything, down to the free attendee figure officially, but this year all our data has come from unconfirmed and less than desirable sources overseas. One thing we do know is that there are supposed to be some nice bonus's for attendees as this is the 25th Anniversary of Transformers, but no confirmed word on what.

And I wouldn't count on a screening of ROTF. Its close to a month before the actual release date and the film may or may not even be fully edited for viewing.

See you Friday.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Ronynus Prime » Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Motto: ""Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it.""
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
I'm amazed we have such little news on the figures available beyond the initial boxed exclusives. Still,... now I have to find the original Thunderclash. You set up for the tours First Gen? What are the tours like? This is my secong BotCon, and my first for the tours.
"Immortality shall come to such as are fit for it."
Ronynus Prime
Minibot
Watch Ronynus Prime on YouTube
Buy from Ronynus Prime on eBay
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Tirade » Mon May 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I had one question regarding the Club Store. I noticed on the pre-registration letter that the schedule has the Club Store open on Friday. However, I did not see that mentioned in the article. So is it open on Friday? The only reason I ask is because I will not be able to make it Thursday night.

BTW, this is my first Botcon. Wanted to go for the last 10 years. Just never had the finances to go. Thank goodness it's only a few hours away this time. Actually makes me glad I moved to California last year.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Savage » Mon May 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Are you sure about the Minicons having to get in line? I seem to recall Katie's Minicon badge being in my package last year, but I could be mis-remembering.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Tirade » Mon May 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Savage wrote:Are you sure about the Minicons having to get in line? I seem to recall Katie's Minicon badge being in my package last year, but I could be mis-remembering.

That's a good question. I'd definitely like to know the answer too. My dad is coming along via the Mini-Con package. Not sure why he would have to stand in a separate line. Pretty sure his package is linked to my Primus Package.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 5

Postby lowman_x » Tue May 26, 2009 2:16 am

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
All I will say is this: you lucky bastards.

No way in hell that something as awesome as Botcon will ever happen in Australia and there's no way I could ever afford to fly to North America for one of the big TF cons.

Have fun boys and girls!
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby vectorA3 » Tue May 26, 2009 5:38 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Cullen autograph questions: Approximately how much will it cost? How many items can u have signed? I'll need at least 2. Debating whether to just get the picture, or DK complete guide to TF book, or Voltron Collectors Ed. dvd inserts (him signing Korran would be cool). Autograph pros -plmk. Fairly new to the game. Thx!

oh yeah, if I had to guess the most we'll get of ROTF is a 5 or 10 min. clip exclusive to Botcon. As Bay said in that news report he'll be tweaking and editing till the very last minute before the prints go out to theaters. I hope that time crunch doesn't affect the quality of the movie/editorial decisions. (case in point: At last year's SDCC a 5 min.+ clip of Terminator:Salvation was shown and a 10 min clip of Clone Wars was also shown)
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220495 War's End 2B (CA) Deer"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12A (CA) Milne JUN190701"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210501 7B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2024 1G 1123IM203 Blank Sketch 240415A"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr E 1:10 Connecting Image Comics 2023 0823IM290 1E (CA)Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #12 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926I"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12B (CA) Zama JUN190702"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON