This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toys"R"Us Stores Offer "First Chance" to Buy ROTF toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Toys"R"Us Stores Offer "First Chance" to Buy ROTF toys

Postby Seibertron » Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Here is a new message Seibertron.com just received from the Senior PR Manager at Toys R Us ...

Hello,

On Friday, May 29, select Toys“R”Us stores will give TRANSFORMERS fans “more than meets the eye” by offering them the first chance to purchase toys based on one of the most highly anticipated movies of the summer – TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN. During a special sneak preview from 9 – 10 pm, customers can “roll out” to select Toys“R”Us stores to get a first look at the newest additions to the TRANSFORMERS universe, including:

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN VOICE MIXER HELMET from Hasbro
In 2007, BUMBLEBEE was a scene-stealer in the first TRANSFORMERS film and an instant favorite among kids and long-time TRANSFORMERS fans. Now, kids can pretend to be the fun-loving AUTOBOT with this role-play helmet, which allows wearers to mix their voice through a “radio” — just like BUMBLEBEE — and also features realistic robot battle sounds and radio tune-in phrases. Ages 5 and up; 3 “AA” batteries required (included)

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN BUMBLEBEE PLASMA CANNON from Hasbro
The TRANSFORMERS MOVIE BUMBLEBEE PLASMA CANNON allows kids pretend to defend the Earth against its evil invaders when they strap on this blaster. For added fun, the blaster can also change into a robotic hand and features electronic lights and sounds. Ages 4 and up; 3 “AAA” batteries required (included)

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN ACTION FIGURES from Hasbro
This summer, TRANSFORMERS drive out of the movie screen and into kids and collectors hands with action figures based on the film’s most popular characters. Available in three scales, DELUXE, VOYAGER and LEADER, these figures bring the adventure of Robots in Disguise to life with nearly 40 characters. The DELUXE action figures includes 24 characters, while VOYAGER action figures, a larger scale, will offer 11 characters. The ultimate TRANSFORMERS, LEADER action figures, feature lights and sounds for three different characters, including OPTIMUS PRIME and JETFIRE. Ages 5 and up; DELUXE and VOYAGER: No batteries required; LEADER: 2 “AA” batteries required (included)

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN GRAVITY BOTS from Hasbro
Designed for the youngest fans, TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN Gravity Bots change from robots to vehicles when kids turn them over. With simple transformations, kids can relive their favorite TRANSFORMERS moments with the flick of the wrist. Ages 3 and up; No batteries required

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen toys, games and more will be on display in special Transformers boutiques, filled with the largest assortment of toys, games, role play accessories, candy and more based on the upcoming film. For a complete list of stores participating in the preview, please visit Toysrus.com/Transformers.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Toys"R"Us Stores Offer "First Chance" to Buy ROTF toys

Postby Wheeljack35 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:30 am

A Walmart in my area is doing this at 5 pm that same day

It was posted here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53360
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby SJ21 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:50 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
So does that mean less stock for the day they are supposed to come out?
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Arg. I used to live 5 minutes from the only Chicago TRU that's doing this, good old Western Ave next to my old high school. Guess I'll wait until Sat. morning, unless there are more Walmarts doing the 5pm thing as seen elsewhere.

FWIW, what is TRU's pricing going to be like, do we know? From what I've seen, Target and Walmart are going to be roughly equal to each other.

EDIT- the TRU notice quoted seems to mention all the figures we know about and possibly more (24 deluxes!), including the 3 Leaders, one of which is supposed to be Wave 2 (Jetfire from what I've read). Is this just marketing amok or are they going to have 3 Leaders to choose from?
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 am

It says you'll be able to get a first LOOK and that they'll be ON DISPLAY. It doesn't say anywhere that you'll be able to BUY them early.

Edit: Oops, I just read it again, and noticed it DOES say "first chance to purchase". I guess I have plans for Friday night now!
Last edited by GuyIncognito on Wed May 27, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Diem » Wed May 27, 2009 9:20 am

GuyIncognito wrote:It says you'll be able to get a first LOOK and that they'll be ON DISPLAY. It doesn't say anywhere that you'll be able to BUY them early.

Maybe if you ask nicely you can also caress them a little.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Narc » Wed May 27, 2009 10:55 am

I'm going for the Leaders and Human Alliance figures. Everything else will have a big question mark.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby Cyberjet #7 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 am

The reference of how many figure they have listed is just in regards to how many figures are planned for the line so far. There's now way TRU is going to have something like 24 different Deluxes there that day - do you know how many cases that would equal! Hasbro doesn't work that fast - they would have to have been spending the last six months or more producing nothing but ROTF stuff. Hasbro does put out teaser style assortments, but I doubt we'll see all the movie figures before the movie even hits - that's ridiculous.

The blurb about how many figures is just an advertising piece, we're only going to see Wave 1 and possibly some Wave 2.

This is just like a Star Wars "Midnight Madness" style event. They'll put out half of what they have for the event and then reload for the next day. Every MM event people always ask if there will be more stock for people the next day and the answer always ends up being "yes". Even if for some reason, TRU sells out of a given item, this release will be huge like last time and you'll all be able to find tons of this stuff everywhere.

Just kinda sucks for Target since they'll be the last to the party. They'll still sell alittle bit of stuff that day, but if WM drops ROTF at 5:00 and then TRU drops it at 9:00, that takes out alot of potential collectors/buyers for Target.
Cyberjet #7
Headmaster Jr

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed May 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just like i predicted none of the TRUs near me are doing this. So im going to have to brave the horrid traffic on saturday and hope to god all the little kids didnt have their parents buy them every thing. Yeah this is gonna suck.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Dagon » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Arg. I used to live 5 minutes from the only Chicago TRU that's doing this, good old Western Ave next to my old high school. Guess I'll wait until Sat. morning, unless there are more Walmarts doing the 5pm thing as seen elsewhere.

FWIW, what is TRU's pricing going to be like, do we know? From what I've seen, Target and Walmart are going to be roughly equal to each other.

EDIT- the TRU notice quoted seems to mention all the figures we know about and possibly more (24 deluxes!), including the 3 Leaders, one of which is supposed to be Wave 2 (Jetfire from what I've read). Is this just marketing amok or are they going to have 3 Leaders to choose from?

Wherever you go, whatever you do, remember the honor of Lane.
A fellow alum.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby SJ21 » Thu May 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Someone please help.

My computer won't load the page where it says what stores are participating in this. I live near the TRU in Mechanicsburg/Camp Hill Pa and the TRU in Harrisburg on Paxton Street.

Are any of these doing the preview?
Check out my collection!

SJ21
Godmaster

Postby Cyberjet #7 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:10 pm

I hate to break it to you, but according to the TRU list, no stores in PA are running this.

It really sucks that they make it like a SW Midnight Madness event, but with a fourth of the TRU stores participating. I have one store in my area running it the ROTF pre-release - during the SW Clone Wars Midnight event, there were something like three or four TRUs in my hunting area I had options to hit.
Cyberjet #7
Headmaster Jr

Postby SJ21 » Fri May 29, 2009 5:56 am

Cyberjet #7 wrote:I hate to break it to you, but according to the TRU list, no stores in PA are running this.

It really sucks that they make it like a SW Midnight Madness event, but with a fourth of the TRU stores participating. I have one store in my area running it the ROTF pre-release - during the SW Clone Wars Midnight event, there were something like three or four TRUs in my hunting area I had options to hit.

Thanks for checking for me. Greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah BOOOOOO TRU!

I will probably do the Harrisburg run tonight anyway. With 3 Targets, 2 TRU, and 3 Walmarts, one of them is bound to have them out.
Check out my collection!

SJ21
Godmaster

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Fri May 29, 2009 7:05 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Did anybody go to one of these? Back when Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was aboutto come out, I went to a midnight toy release at TRU. It was pretty crowded but orderly, if a little frantic.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON