This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New CGI Images of Jetfire and Optimus Combined

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

New CGI Images of Jetfire and Optimus Combined

Postby DevastaTTor » Thu May 28, 2009 6:03 am

S250 has posted some clear CGI images of how Optimus Prime and Jetfire combine in Revenge of the Fallen to the 2005 Boards. From the images, both front and back views, we can really get a feel for how the Jetfire parts wrap around Prime and really bulk him up.

S250 also posted a great CGI image of Mixmaster too.

Images below are mirrored from original post.

The images originally were posted to the fansite TFG2.com
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: New CGI Images of Jetfire and Optimus Combined

Postby Rivet Head » Thu May 28, 2009 6:13 am

Can't wait to see him action! Might be nice to see Optimus flying around and shooting up Decepticons with that new toy. Mixmaster looks pretty cool too. I was kinda worried that the combiner thing would be too clunky or awkard looking but they merged together pretty well. From a distance its almost Gundman-esque, which is awesome!
Rivet Head
Mini-Con

Postby ashe5k » Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 am

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
They look more like the concept art than CGI.

They didn't quite get Prime's combo with Jetfire right with the toy, which is a shame, cause it looks MUCH better here.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby HighPrime » Thu May 28, 2009 6:41 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Mixmaster and Jet Prime look awesome. I'm hoping the initial pics/shots of the two combined were just the usual "I don't know how this works" mistakes. We'll see...
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby MaSSiVe » Thu May 28, 2009 6:50 am

How Freaking Badass does he look! I was wondering how the Autobots would go about defeating Devastator... but just one look at Optimus and Jetfire combined in this CGI shot puts the nails in his coffin! Devastator will be PWNED!
MaSSiVe
Mini-Con

Postby Mechastrike » Thu May 28, 2009 7:23 am

BY THE SPIRIT OF PRIMUS WOW!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Solrac333 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:37 am

Badass!
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Mykltron » Thu May 28, 2009 7:44 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
After looking at Peughs video I think they toy is rather lame in comparison.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby typh0id » Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 am

Um yeah....That's pretty damn awesome...

:APPLAUSE:
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby Honorbound » Thu May 28, 2009 8:11 am

This is unbelievably awesome! I feel sorry for Megatron if he tries to take Optimus in the air now.

I can hear two songs playing while I picture this thing:
1. I Can Fly (I don't know the group) and
2. Something from the Batman Begins soundtrack.
Honorbound
Mini-Con

Postby Primus C-00 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:20 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
By Prowl's Ghost!

If the final render is even remotely like that!

:shock:
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Shapeshifter75 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 am

SOME MAJOR SPOILERS SO MOVE RIGHT ALONG IF YOU DON"T WANT TO FIND OUT ANYTHING!!

I am just about finished reading the book for this movie (2 Chapeters left) and all I can say without spoiling too much of the story is that This combo of Optimus and Jetfire is not just for aesthetic or something they did just to whoop Devastator's arse...it was done out of necessity.

Think back to the imagery of Prime battling Megatron, Starscream and that other "Blackout-esque" copter in the forest. It was 3 on 1. Now Prime is pretty badass...but even for him - that's a tall order and I'll just leave it at that;) I can't wait for 6/24!

Final things...Demolisher has NOTHING to do with Devastator's makeup! He IS a construction vehicle...but that is as far as the relationship goes. Also for the Audi lovers out there...don't get too attached to Sideways. Sideswipe makes pretty short work of him when he enters the fray!
Shapeshifter75
Mini-Con

Postby Overloaded » Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am

Imagine how heavy that would be for some little kid to lift not to mention try to keep him flying
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby syphonn » Thu May 28, 2009 9:40 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
They should have made a statue that looked exactly like that, instead of the combining toy. And yes, it does look very Gundam-esque
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Starfield » Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 am

*SPOILER*

I never really thought about it before, but Prime wearing Jetfire's corpse is pretty morbid. That is something Hannibal Lecter would do.
Starfield
Mini-Con

Postby BadFlipKC » Thu May 28, 2009 10:26 am

Kind of a bummer they cropped off the artist names, Josh Nizzi did the Prime Combo, and Ben Procter did the Mixmaster. Studs, the both of them.
BadFlipKC
Mini-Con

Postby syphonn » Thu May 28, 2009 10:32 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
That should have been Jetfire's robot mode looked like to begin with.

To the guys that read the book, can we expect more Decepticon dialogue this time?
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Speed: 9

Postby Overloaded » Thu May 28, 2009 11:38 am

Shapeshifter75 wrote:SOME MAJOR SPOILERS SO MOVE RIGHT ALONG IF YOU DON"T WANT TO FIND OUT ANYTHING!!

I am just about finished reading the book for this movie (2 Chapeters left) and all I can say without spoiling too much of the story is that This combo of Optimus and Jetfire is not just for aesthetic or something they did just to whoop Devastator's arse...it was done out of necessity.

Think back to the imagery of Prime battling Megatron, Starscream and that other "Blackout-esque" copter in the forest. It was 3 on 1. Now Prime is pretty badass...but even for him - that's a tall order and I'll just leave it at that;) I can't wait for 6/24!

Final things...Demolisher has NOTHING to do with Devastator's makeup! He IS a construction vehicle...but that is as far as the relationship goes. Also for the Audi lovers out there...don't get too attached to Sideways. Sideswipe makes pretty short work of him when he enters the fray!

Dude dont give too much information out please some of us dont want to know until we see the movie
Overloaded
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu May 28, 2009 11:41 am

ashe5k wrote:They look more like the concept art than CGI.

They didn't quite get Prime's combo with Jetfire right with the toy, which is a shame, cause it looks MUCH better here.

You have no idea how understated that is. They didn't even get CLOSE and couldn't have with the toy unless they jacked the price up to the $150.00+ range.(just for Jetfire)
Those pics are just truckloads of awsome. I hope and pray that what we see in the movie is close to this. Anything less at this point is going to be sooooo disappointing.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu May 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
syphonn wrote:
To the guys that read the book, can we expect more Decepticon dialogue this time?

Unfortunately, no. There's some interaction between Megatron and Starscream (physical and verbal) but otherwise, except for Devastator and Ravage, the Decepticons are pretty much "anonymus henchmen."
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby kirbenvost » Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I kind of remember seeing this before, a long time before it was proven that they would combine. It does indeed look much better than the toys. I wonder if perhaps the toy combinations we've seen so far were mis-transformed without instructions? Maybe that's too optimistic. :mrgreen:
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Firebird » Thu May 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
T-Macksimus wrote:You have no idea how understated that is. They didn't even get CLOSE and couldn't have with the toy unless they jacked the price up to the $150.00+ range.(just for Jetfire)

I the toy looked this good I would have gladly paid $150.

I just set the combined mode pic as my wallpaper, That picture looks nice! But it needs a better name... Power-up Prime isn't epic enough to describe it.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Primus1101 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
Would anyone pay for a Leader Prime and Leader Jetfire that don't combine... then a version of Prime that comes with Jetfire shell pieces?
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 5

Postby YRQRM0 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:18 pm

Jet and Op look great! The toy doesn't really do it justice though after seeing this. I would've liked a Jetfire part accessory kit that attatches to Prime all over.

Can't wait for the movie. I geussed that Jtfire is dead in this mode long before this, and I'm getting that vibe more now.

Honestly, I don't really like Mixmaster though.
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby skids 2.0 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
Weapon: Sword
Here is another i put in the Jetfire thread a few hours ago but havent been posted here by anyone
skids 2.0
Minibot
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOOLIGAN Transformers G2 Cyberjets complete Hasbro 1995 240109H"
HOOLIGAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAY210468 6A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Beast Wars Ultra complete Hasbro 1997 210923A Magnaboss"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210499 2B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B'BOOM Transformers Beast Wars Mega complete + box + instructions 1997 230609A"
B'BOOM Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-56 TRAILBREAKER Transformers Masterpiece G1 Takara Tomy 2022 230522A"
MP-56 TRAILBREAKER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWERVE Transformers G1 Mini-bot Legion vtg reissue Walmart 2020 New 230811A"
SWERVE Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON