This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon 2009 ROTF Q&A Session Coverage

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Botcon 2009 ROTF Q&A Session Coverage

Postby First Gen » Fri May 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Seibertron.com was present for the Botcon 2009 Transformers Revenge of the Fallen question and answer session held with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Like usual the session wasn't a ground breaking spoiler-thon, but some bits of info were noteworthy.

The first part of the session was covering the writers strike and all the work that was done beforehand. Orci and Kurtzman came up with a 20 page outline of the sequel literally just before the deadline. The writers claim that they were locked in a hotel room and had to script ready for filming four months after the strike concluded.

The second part was mainly question and answer with alot of questions that did and did not have to do with ROTF. We learned that Shia LaBeouf's bandaged hand will not appear in the film until the third act. The writers stated that the scene which was done to create the reason for the bandaged hand was very hard to do.

The writers stated that they would not rule out the use of Unicron or Primus in a future installement of the movie franchise. When asked about the Matrix of Leadership, they responded with "That's a very good question" followed by laughter. The gestalts and combiners will appear unexpectedly, there was no build up to the appearance of the two.

Also mentioned were the twins, Skids and Mudflap, as an ice cream truck. It was said that they are basically comic relief and that the ice cream truck itself plays a key plot point in the movie.

In regards to HASBRO, the writers said they were allowed to do what they wanted to in the film and that the representatives of HASBRO gave only a few suggestions as to the characters and how the film would play out. HASBRO did give the duo an abundance of information including a session of "Transformers school" similiar to what Director Michael Bay went through before taking on the role of directing the film. The writers did state that they were familiar with the Transformers franchise from childhood but the info that was given by HASBRO gave them key character development points and helped with the direction of the film.

Alot of the characters you'll see in the film are ones that Orci and Kurtzman wanted in the original film that didn't make it.

When asked whether they liked Transformers or Star Trek better, the response was "Well you have to wait for Transformers 3: Megatron Vs. The Enterprise" again followed by laughter.

More details and pictures from the panel to come. Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Botcon 2009 ROTF Q&A Session Coverage

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
But what about the whole Demolishor/Scavenger name issue?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Ironhide63 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 pm

i think it was confirmed he was Demolishor, and scavenger was just homage to G1 counterpart...oh well...another thing, on Sideways' box it says he likes to hide behind 'the big constructicon, Demolishor'. So Im pretty sure that means is Demolishor.
When are we gonna start bustin' Deceptichops?
Ironhide63
Mini-Con

Postby oldskooltf » Fri May 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:But what about the whole Demolishor/Scavenger name issue?

Ironhide63 wrote:i think it was confirmed he was Demolishor, and scavenger was just homage to G1 counterpart...oh well...another thing, on Sideways' box it says he likes to hide behind 'the big constructicon, Demolishor'. So Im pretty sure that means is Demolishor.

I read on another site that the writers said "Demolishor & Scavenger is not an accident, there is a reason for being two names." I don't know if that's a direct quote from their Q & A, but it's what another site had written from it.

Well... for the sake of the average Joe watching the film... I still don't quite get why they chose to do this name-change thing -- it easily could lead to confusion to the average Joe watching it. (Heck, the average Joe couldn't distinguish between Starscream and Megatron during fight scenes in the first movie -- especially when Sam was at the top of the building with the AllSpark.)

As a hardcore fan, I'm glad that at least it's not a screw-up and will interested to see how the story makes Demolisher become Scavenger or however it plays out.
oldskooltf
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby It Is Him » Fri May 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Good post :D
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Ddave » Sat May 30, 2009 12:50 am

oldskooltf wrote:

Ironhide63 wrote:i think it was confirmed he was Demolishor, and scavenger was just homage to G1 counterpart...oh well...another thing, on Sideways' box it says he likes to hide behind 'the big constructicon, Demolishor'. So Im pretty sure that means is Demolishor.

I read on another site that the writers said "Demolishor & Scavenger is not an accident, there is a reason for being two names." I don't know if that's a direct quote from their Q & A, but it's what another site had written from it.

Well... for the sake of the average Joe watching the film... I still don't quite get why they chose to do this name-change thing -- it easily could lead to confusion to the average Joe watching it. (Heck, the average Joe couldn't distinguish between Starscream and Megatron during fight scenes in the first movie -- especially when Sam was at the top of the building with the AllSpark.)

As a hardcore fan, I'm glad that at least it's not a screw-up and will interested to see how the story makes Demolisher become Scavenger or however it plays out.

I think I can clear something up.

It seems as if there are two bots with the exact same alt. mode. Prime actually kills the first one in japan. Not sure if this is Demolisher or Scavenger, but it seems like they use the same alt mode.

Thats the best I can understand it, might be different, who knows!
Ddave
Micromaster

Postby chrisxc » Sat May 30, 2009 7:43 am

I don't care what the box on the toy says he will always be scavenger to me. B-)
chrisxc
Mini-Con

Postby Falkorich » Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 am

Motto: "Till All are One!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon

The panel said (and I'm paraphrasing a little): it's not a mistake, there is a reason, but you'll have to watch the movie to find out.

********* POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW *****************

I watched one of the Activison staff playing the XBOX video game. I watched him beat Demolisher (awesome fight) and saw the cutscene. The custscene shows Prime doing a headshot at Demolishor after Prime took down Demolishor. I believe the fight was in Shanghai.
Till all are one.

Falkorich
Mini-Con
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Falkorich » Sun May 31, 2009 3:35 am

Motto: "Till All are One!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Couple of my favorite comments the panels said:

Orci and Kurtzman would like to have the Dinobots in the third movie.

Hasbro is considering bringing the Takara legends Devastator combiner to the US, perhaps as some sort of exclusive. I hope they will decide a YES.
Till all are one.

Falkorich
Mini-Con
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby OptimusPrime352 » Sun May 31, 2009 4:02 am

Weapon: Dual Impact Maces
****************SPOILERS*****************************

The book states that its Demolisher that gets killed by Prime and Ironhide in Shanghai. Though that doesnt mean much. It also shows Mudflap(to my knowledge)getting sucked into Devastator in the trailors, though in the book they call him Skids.
"I'll take you all on."

"What is the meaning of this? You dare point a gun at me! You want a piece of me? I will tear you apart."
OptimusPrime352
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
NEW!
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
NEW!
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTERSHOT Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Betatron 2016 230903A"
SCATTERSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ELITA-1 Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Orthia 2018 230903A"
ELITA-1 Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
NEW!
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON