This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Starscream Fembot Clone Named

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Starscream Fembot Clone Named

Postby i_amtrunks » Sun May 31, 2009 5:53 pm

While never officially named in the cartoon, the Transformers Animated Starscream clones all had their unique properties, whether it be Ego, Cowardice, Deceptive or Sycophant.

However one Clone never was given an outright character trait of Starscream... the female clone.

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim Sorenson has updated his blog Disciples of Boltax with the news that the name he created for the female Starscream clone for use in the soon-to-be-released transformers Animated Allspark Almanac, has been officially announced at Botcon as "Slipstream".

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:
"It all started when Bill and I were brainstorming with Derrick Wyatt about the almanac. I mentioned that we needed a name for her, since everyone else had names (I know that there hasn't been an official toy with the name Ramjet on it, but that'll be in the book too)."

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named

Postby RiddlerJ » Sun May 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Probably shoulda just named her Thrust.

Slipstream is okay but kinda random.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 31, 2009 6:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
'Bout time this was made known. I've been spreading the word of her name since here.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby MYoung23 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 pm

Probably shoulda just named her Thrust.

Nope, no potential double entendres there. :P
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Bumblebeast » Sun May 31, 2009 7:16 pm

It's too late for her. My heart bleeds in the most utterly emo fashion for the confirmed death of Transformers Animated. Now cracks a noble series. Good-night sweet prince, and flights of decepticons sing thee to thy rest.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby dabattousai » Sun May 31, 2009 7:44 pm

interesting name, but I always though of her having either Dreadwind or Darkwing because of the colors she sports are a mix between the two, so possibly Dreadwing I guess lol.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby oldskooltf » Sun May 31, 2009 8:39 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
Why they didn't use these names in the cartoon is my question.

Calling them all starscream or starscream clones (or in the case of Slipstream, calling her the starscream fembot or whatever they did) got old.

A little late now to tell us with Animated being done as a cartoon.

A little off topic... I also wish they'd plan to release Ramjet/Liar and Slipstream as toys -- maybe make them store exclusives like Sunstorm. Just a thought.
oldskooltf
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Primus1101 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 am

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
weird. in the midst of writing a script (something i thoroughly enjoy doing) i had a seeker named slipstream. then i got rid of him and other chracters and now that's the fem-scream. oh well, saves that chracter torment and cruelty.
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+

Postby Duke of Luns » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 am

Hmm, interesting reuse of a name. While it never graced an official Transformer figure(kinda odd), it is a Hasbro name, as it was the name of a Joe: http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/gi/1986/slipstream.html

The Conquest X-30 does bear a slight resemblence to Animated Starscream as well, so the reuse is somewhat fitting.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby RiddlerJ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:24 am

dabattousai wrote:interesting name, but I always though of her having either Dreadwind or Darkwing because of the colors she sports are a mix between the two, so possibly Dreadwing I guess lol.

That occured to me too, but I was thinking more about Thrust being the only seeker ignored.

Maybe they coulda named her Acid Storm since she had quite the acid tongue.

Still dissapointed there's no toy of her. Wonder if she'll be retroactivly integrated into the G1 lineup.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby noctorro » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:01 pm

On our knees to Primus (or Hasbro) for a Slipstream remold.
I love the clones, they are so funny and have great deco's!
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby BillForster » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm

We considered names such as Thrust and Dreadwing as well as a few others but disregarded them on the grounds that they didn't sound like what a female version of Starscream would be named. Slipstream sounded sleek and fit the image we thought. Besides it sounds like the name "Starscream". Plus, I believe she uses the word slipstream at one point. As for Acid Storm, As far as I'm concerned, Acid Storm is green. So that just never came up.

Originally we came up with a few names to throw at Marty and Derrick. Funny story. We were talking to Derrick in his office about whether we could name her. Marty yelled through the wall from his office, "What's her name?" and I screamed back, "SLIPSTREAM!" to which he responded, "...okay." So turns out it's that easy to name a Transformer. Marty's awesome!

By the way, I realize I am responding to this thread more than a month after the conversation. I don't spend much time on forums and I am attempting to correct that. So, Hi everyone!
BillForster
Mini-Con

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 am

Thanks for the update and more detail on the process!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Rial Vestro » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:58 am

i_amtrunks wrote:While never officially named in the cartoon, the Transformers Animated Starscream clones all had their unique properties, whether it be Ego, Cowardice, Deceptive or Sycophant.

However one Clone never was given an outright character trait of Starscream... the female clone.

Jim Sorenson has updated his blog Disciples of Boltax with the news that the name he created for the female Starscream clone for use in the soon-to-be-released transformers Animated Allspark Almanac, has been officially announced at Botcon as "Slipstream".

"It all started when Bill and I were brainstorming with Derrick Wyatt about the almanac. I mentioned that we needed a name for her, since everyone else had names (I know that there hasn't been an official toy with the name Ramjet on it, but that'll be in the book too)."

Um... for one, you're kinda late on this. Someone allready started another topic on this several weeks ago.

Secondly your post doesn't make any sence. You seem to be confuseing names and personality traits. Ego and Coward for example are not their names, thoughs are the parts of Starscream they represent. Their names are Thundercracker and Skywarp. NON of the Seekers were named in the cartoon but their color schemes make it rather obvious along with the fact their toys are actully labled as such. There is allso a "Dirge" toy even though his character never appeared in the cartoon and as far as I know there's no toy of Slipstream. It would be awsome if they made one though.
Rial Vestro
Headmaster Jr

Postby Tekka » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:12 am

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Rial Vestro wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:While never officially named in the cartoon, the Transformers Animated Starscream clones all had their unique properties, whether it be Ego, Cowardice, Deceptive or Sycophant.

Um... for one, you're kinda late on this. Someone allready started another topic on this several weeks ago.

Secondly your post doesn't make any sence. You seem to be confuseing names and personality traits. Ego and Coward for example are not their names, thoughs are the parts of Starscream they represent. Their names are Thundercracker and Skywarp. NON of the Seekers were named in the cartoon but their color schemes make it rather obvious along with the fact their toys are actully labled as such. There is allso a "Dirge" toy even though his character never appeared in the cartoon and as far as I know there's no toy of Slipstream. It would be awsome if they made one though.

You should check the date of the post.

Secondly, your half assed pedantry is epic.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Rial Vestro wrote:

i know you get this alot, but CHECK YOUR FACTS FIRST! post from May 31.

Fail, as per norm
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Rial Vestro » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:33 am

Name_Violation wrote:
Rial Vestro wrote:

Fail, as per norm

NM the rant I missread something.

Anyway. Yeah the post date does say May 31 but I check this site every day and I replyed to another topic about the name Slipstream weeks before I ever saw this one. So either the post date is wrong or posts have been removed and they're the same topic. I'm betting there are missing posts. There seems to be a rather large gap between June and July. (like the whole months worth.)
Rial Vestro
Headmaster Jr

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:42 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Rial Vestro wrote:Anyway. Yeah the post date does say May 31 but I check this site every day and I replyed to another topic about the name Slipstream weeks before I ever saw this one. So either the post date is wrong or posts have been removed and they're the same topic. I'm betting there are missing posts. There seems to be a rather large gap between June and July. (like the whole months worth.)

Do you have a point or are you just wasting bandwidth?

Keep it on topic people.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:57 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Rial Vestro wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
Rial Vestro wrote:

Fail, as per norm

NM the rant I missread something.

Anyway. Yeah the post date does say May 31 but I check this site every day and I replyed to another topic about the name Slipstream weeks before I ever saw this one. So either the post date is wrong or posts have been removed and they're the same topic. I'm betting there are missing posts. There seems to be a rather large gap between June and July. (like the whole months worth.)

Dude, you do realize this was the original news article when the name was made public? And you do realize this was necrobumbed thuss creating the huge gap of almost a month?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers BEAST WARS ANNUAL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220440 (CA) Miller"
Transformers BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MANTA RAY Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
MANTA RAY Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Walmart vtg reissue Hasbro 2021 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars McDonald's Happy Meal Premium 1998 230609A"
BLACKARACHNIA Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RHINO Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 1996 230609"
RHINO Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RETRAX Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1997 230609A"
RETRAX Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers G1 Mini-Bot complete Hasbro 1986 240109A"
NEW!
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200537 12B (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER + FLIGHT-PACK Transformers G1 Action Masters complete 1990 240109A"
BLASTER + FLIGHT-P ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON