This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Help, who's in the movie?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Help, who's in the movie?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Blurrz wrote:Sigh....

Deluxe:
-Stalker Scorponok, repaint of Deluxe Scorponok, in the movie

Voyager:
-Optimus Prime, the Long Nose truck, repaint of Voyager Prime, in the movie
-Ironhide, repaint/remold of Voyager Ironhide, the GM Topkick in the movie
-Desert Tracker Ratchet, repaint of Voyager Ratchet, in the movie
-Megatron, the Green-ish tank, in the movie
So what you're saying is that all these characters appear in the movie in these color schemes?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby roll out » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 pm

wtf all the constructicons are in the movie duh
Transform and roll out-pattented by optimus Prime
roll out
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:29 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Of course not. Hasbro repainted them so that they could look 'different' than the originals, as the saying is 'to sell toys'. In fact, figures like Voyager Optimus Prime and Ratchet were deco'd differently, subsequently becoming less movie-accurate than their originals. Megatron is movie-accurate in his sculpt, however the 'Green' colour that he has on himself is quite odd, definitely not movie-accurate from what we can all see.

I can't exactly reveal Scorponok, his presence is a bit of a spoiler, just wait till Wednesday!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby atleast1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Audi is part of volkswagen, that company has a long-standing opposition to having their products involved in a "war". That's why it's a "euro car".
atleast1
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:17 am

Blurrz wrote:Of course not. Hasbro repainted them so that they could look 'different' than the originals, as the saying is 'to sell toys'. In fact, figures like Voyager Optimus Prime and Ratchet were deco'd differently, subsequently becoming less movie-accurate than their originals. Megatron is movie-accurate in his sculpt, however the 'Green' colour that he has on himself is quite odd, definitely not movie-accurate from what we can all see.

I can't exactly reveal Scorponok, his presence is a bit of a spoiler, just wait till Wednesday!
That's what I figured, but the bit about Scorponock sounds interesting.

As for Grindor, are you sure it's him? Cuz I've heard that a nameless helicoptor that looks like Blackout/Grindor appears, but he isn't actually confirmed to be Grindor.

Plus, here's something. Why do all of Grindors pic from the game (as well as ll the pic of this nameless guy) show the bot to be colored light blue like the fist Blackout toy (the non-Premium one), wheras all of Grindor's toy are more towards a tan color?

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:32 am

I'm pretty much in the blue as much as you are. I'm not sure why that's the case. I'm guessing Grindor appears to be white so he can be 'different' from the original Movie Blackout. Like I said before, 'to sell toys'. Since he never does have a speaking role in the movie(or so sources tell me), there isn't confirmation through there. I guess our best bet is to ask them through Hasbro's monthly Q&A sessions.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby leokearon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Grindor is in the movie, so is Bonecrusher.
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby christo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:27 am

Motto: "im like optimus, but more holy like!"
Weapon: Light Cannon
wait, wasnt arcee pink?
i maybe a young fan/minibot , but i was one of the few people to hold unto G1 when my friends loved the bay version. and i freaking love stan bush :)
Hearing that is about the closest to a "warm-fuzzy" feeling as I could possibly get. There's hope for this generation yet.
Stick to your guns! You have good taste.:P
-/me talking to T-Macksimus
christo
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 3

Postby ACIDSTORM » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:51 am

They have a good reason fo making the voyager constructicons not combine.The constructicons that form devastator do not turn into individual bots in the film.There are many clones of the constructicons that do transform but they do not form devastator.
Also it's definately not blackout he doesn't get resurected so i think we should just presume his name is grindor.
The film was awesome guys,if anyone wants any other info message me.
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby christo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 am

Motto: "im like optimus, but more holy like!"
Weapon: Light Cannon
ACIDSTORM wrote:They have a good reason fo making the voyager constructicons not combine.The constructicons that form devastator do not turn into individual bots in the film.There are many clones of the constructicons that do transform but they do not form devastator.
Also it's definately not blackout he doesn't get resurected so i think we should just presume his name is grindor.
The film was awesome guys,if anyone wants any other info message me.
no there was no clones it was just the same.
i maybe a young fan/minibot , but i was one of the few people to hold unto G1 when my friends loved the bay version. and i freaking love stan bush :)
Hearing that is about the closest to a "warm-fuzzy" feeling as I could possibly get. There's hope for this generation yet.
Stick to your guns! You have good taste.:P
-/me talking to T-Macksimus
christo
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Skill: 3

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 am

Please add something that identifies *Spoilers* in your posts if you're going post something that reveals anything in the movie. Remember that this is a toy forum, and not a movie forum. Some visitors may not appreciate it.

Anyways, on topic of Spoilers

There are clones. They are not the same. The red individual forming Devastator is not Demolisher. Demolisher gets killed by Prime. The yellow construticon forming Devastator is not Rampage, Bumblebee kills Rampage.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Mykltron » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:46 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
That list is very good but not complete. He has missed out the legends and scout class which I know a lot of us are in to. He's also missed out FABs all the other kiddy bots. As many of us like the legends and scouts here is a list:

Legends Class

Wave 1

* Bumblebee
* Jetfire
* Optimus Prime
* Autobot Springer (not in the film)

Wave 2

* Starscream
* Sideswipe
* Megatron
* Autobot Ratchet

Wave 3

* Enforcer Ironhide
* Mudflap
* Grindor
* The Fallen

Future waves

* Arcee
* The Fallen
* Sideswipe
* Tankor (not in the film)
* Autobot Skids
* Recon Bumblebee
* Jolt
* Autobot Wheelie
* Soundwave

Scout Class

Wave 1

* Dead End (not in the film)
* Dirt Boss (not in the film)
* Knock Out (not in the film)
* Rollbar (not in the film)

Wave 2

* Ransack (not in the film)
* Depthcharge (not in the film)

Wave 3

* Dune Runner (not in the film)
* Reverb (not in the film)
* Scalpel in the film but I don't think he is shown to transform)
* Ejector (possibly in the kitchen scene but it's hard to see what's going on)

I don't know what the next four are so I can't say anything about them.
* Nightbeat
* Brakedown
* Scattorshot
* Skystalker

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby ACIDSTORM » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:34 am

Mykltron wrote:That list is very good but not complete. He has missed out the legends and scout class which I know a lot of us are in to. He's also missed out FABs all the other kiddy bots. As many of us like the legends and scouts here is a list:

Legends Class

Wave 1

* Bumblebee
* Jetfire
* Optimus Prime
* Autobot Springer (not in the film)

Wave 2

* Starscream
* Sideswipe
* Megatron
* Autobot Ratchet

Wave 3

* Enforcer Ironhide
* Mudflap
* Grindor
* The Fallen

Future waves

* Arcee
* The Fallen
* Sideswipe
* Tankor (not in the film)
* Autobot Skids
* Recon Bumblebee
* Jolt
* Autobot Wheelie
* Soundwave

Scout Class

Wave 1

* Dead End (not in the film)
* Dirt Boss (not in the film)
* Knock Out (not in the film)
* Rollbar (not in the film)

Wave 2

* Ransack (not in the film)
* Depthcharge (not in the film)

Wave 3

* Dune Runner (not in the film)
* Reverb (not in the film)
* Scalpel in the film but I don't think he is shown to transform)
* Ejector (possibly in the kitchen scene but it's hard to see what's going on)

I don't know what the next four are so I can't say anything about them.
* Nightbeat
* Brakedown
* Scattorshot
* Skystalker

scalpel does transform
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby DMSL » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:59 am

Ravage is not a panther, he's a jaguar.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Diem » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:05 am

DMSL wrote:Ravage is not a panther, he's a jaguar.

No, he's a cyclopean alien cat-like spined robot.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:25 am

atleast1 wrote:Audi is part of volkswagen, that company has a long-standing opposition to having their products involved in a "war". That's why it's a "euro car".

While, yes, Volkwagen has had a history as to such, to use the car in the film they would have been required to get a license, especialy to make toys, and they didn't remove his logos or alter him in any way. He's an Audi R8, very clearly, and I think that Volkswagen has very little to do with this list calling him a European Car.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Diem » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 am

NuclearConvoy wrote:
atleast1 wrote:Audi is part of volkswagen, that company has a long-standing opposition to having their products involved in a "war". That's why it's a "euro car".

While, yes, Volkwagen has had a history as to such, to use the car in the film they would have been required to get a license, especialy to make toys, and they didn't remove his logos or alter him in any way. He's an Audi R8, very clearly, and I think that Volkswagen has very little to do with this list calling him a European Car.

On the other hand, the toy is clearly not licensed.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby dragons » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:31 am

i missed some the toaster deccepticon scraple, & megatron & fallen of course.

the other constructicons coming out in 2010 im soory for saying this but ill believe it when i see more information on it so far hasbro hasnt givin us the other constructions for devastator that froms his arms which is odd.

maybe its just where i live but the revenge of the fallens figures havnt been seling to well where i live & i live in the city theres not one empty space on the shelves anywhere toysrus, walmart, target this series is starting to become shelf warmers here yeah there are a few missing figures from the shelves last time i went to tyosrus but not as much figures when the first film of toys came out.

either samll kids couldnt transform them or poepel didint want to buy the same figure or something i dont know & i find it hard it to belive that the toys will start selling more after the movie comes out but i still could be surprised by the outcome to see what happens
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Swiftpaw » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:15 am

NuclearConvoy wrote:Why is Sideways listed as 'European Car"?
He is CLEARLY an Audi R8.

Some of the toy version of characters are genericed away from their actual named vehicle so Hasbro doesn't have to pay more licening fees. Notice Sideways' toy doesn't have any of the Audi's company logos or such on it, and even the packaging just calls him a 'sports car'.

With the way the economy is, they're only licensed the 'big names' for their vehicles, namely the Autobots. And Barricade. Sideswipe got licensing, but it was probably cheap because he's only a concept car (then again, so was the new Camero before Bumblebee came....)
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Swiftpaw wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Why is Sideways listed as 'European Car"?
He is CLEARLY an Audi R8.

Some of the toy version of characters are genericed away from their actual named vehicle so Hasbro doesn't have to pay more licening fees. Notice Sideways' toy doesn't have any of the Audi's company logos or such on it, and even the packaging just calls him a 'sports car'.

With the way the economy is, they're only licensed the 'big names' for their vehicles, namely the Autobots. And Barricade. Sideswipe got licensing, but it was probably cheap because he's only a concept car (then again, so was the new Camero before Bumblebee came....)

AH, okay.
I havent had an opportunity to heavily investigate the Sideways toy, because I don't much want it at the moment. Didn't notice the lack of logos.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby xxx55dogan55xxx » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:54 pm

oh yeaaah but ı dont get starscream leader class is this real or not please answer this i need to know
xxx55dogan55xxx
Mini-Con

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:57 pm

xxx55dogan55xxx wrote:oh yeaaah but ı dont get starscream leader class is this real or not please answer this i need to know

Leader RotF Starscream was confirmed to be in production at Botcon. Expect it in 2010.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby JayDee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:45 pm

This is great info, guys!
I can't wait to see the movie... now, you've talked about available (and future) character figures that are part of the movie and all the info fits great for us collectors' shopping needs, but I have a question: are there any movie characters that DO NOT HAVE as of now a toy representation? For example, if you watch the theatrical trailer at minute 1:46, in the scene where there's a battle at the desert, you can spot two decepticons that seem to be twins and that look a lot like the first movie version of Megatron, but they are definitely not him nor The Fallen... who are they? Skywarp and Thundercracker, or what? Will they have a toy version? Again, thanks for the info Blurzz!
Check out my studio's new multimedia website:
Protoform Studio.
Now in english, too!
JayDee
Micromaster

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 pm

JayDee wrote: are there any movie characters that DO NOT HAVE as of now a toy representation? For example, if you watch the theatrical trailer at minute 1:46, in the scene where there's a battle at the desert, you can spot two decepticons that seem to be twins and that look a lot like the first movie version of Megatron, but they are definitely not him nor The Fallen... who are they? Skywarp and Thundercracker, or what?

Actually I'm pretty sure they are just Megatron... and the Fallen. XD
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Blurrz wrote:
JayDee wrote: are there any movie characters that DO NOT HAVE as of now a toy representation? For example, if you watch the theatrical trailer at minute 1:46, in the scene where there's a battle at the desert, you can spot two decepticons that seem to be twins and that look a lot like the first movie version of Megatron, but they are definitely not him nor The Fallen... who are they? Skywarp and Thundercracker, or what?

Actually I'm pretty sure they are just Megatron... and the Fallen. XD
I've heard that there are a bunch of nameless protoform Decepticons in the film. I'd suspect that these ones would qualify as "non-toy movie characters".
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Lio Convoy 2023 New"
NEMESIS LEO PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON