This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Megatron holds neighbourhood in fear!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Megatron holds neighbourhood in fear!

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The Winsdor Star has an article about a 3 hour stand off with heavy police forces and a man who pointed with a G1 Megatron.

WINDSOR, Ont. -- A 25-year-old Windsor man who allegedly pointed a handgun at his neighbours was arrested on Wednesday after police officers surrounded his west end residence.

The three-hour standoff forced the lockdown of a nearby elementary school, and drew a police response that included tactical officers, body armour, submachine guns, sniper rifles, a police dog and the mobile command centre.

“We treat everything as real,” said Insp. Kirk Mason at the scene after the man had been taken into custody.

“There will be a search of the premises and hopefully we’ll come up with whatever it is that he was waving out the window at his neighbours.”

But the man’s friends accused police of overreacting, and said his supposed handgun was a toy.

“It’s a Transformer,” said William Findley, 24. “It turns into a Luger. It’s an 80s-style Transformer... He’s had a really bad day. People are treating him like crap.”

Read the full article by clickinghere.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Megatron holds neighbourhood in fear!

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
The question is why.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:17 pm

They guy cracked after having a brutal home invasion and being treated like crap.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Forgotten » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
#-o what the hell??? this is going to make it that much harder to get a G1 Megs shipped to me. I wonder if the guy knew that you could get a real handgun for the price of a G1 Megatron nowadays. :o)
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby Starfield » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Mason said charges are pending. “We’re going to be looking at some weapon offences at the very least, but we’ll have to give it some time to get to the bottom of it.”

Weapon offences? Wha? Criminal possession of Megatron?

Mason said the response level was reasonable...

Oh yes, very reasonable. Tactical officers, body armour, submachine guns, sniper rifles, a police dog and the mobile command centre.
Starfield
Mini-Con

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:23 pm

I love being a news mod at times like this. And damn do we need a "LULZ" section for news. :lol:

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby astig » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm

hmmm...it'd be a whole lot different story if the guy had G2 megatron. :-?
"BUMBLEBEE, STOP LUBRICATING THE MAN!"

http://3niteam.deviantart.com/
astig
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 pm

astig wrote:hmmm...it'd be a whole lot different story if the guy had G2 megatron. :-?

Man holds community in fear with bright green and purple tank!

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Starfield wrote:
Mason said charges are pending. “We’re going to be looking at some weapon offences at the very least, but we’ll have to give it some time to get to the bottom of it.”

Weapon offences? Wha? Criminal possession of Megatron?

Mason said the response level was reasonable...

Oh yes, very reasonable. Tactical officers, body armour, submachine guns, sniper rifles, a police dog and the mobile command centre.

Nobody knew it was a toy after the fact THREE HOURS LATER. I don't blame the police .I blame assholes like this who are the reason G1 Megatron is illegal in the first place.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby justynnbailey » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:32 pm

As a parent, I can understand people's concern about their children. As a TF fan who tends to be angry most of the time, I reckon I can understand both sides of the story a bit better. Hell I've pointed gun mode Megs at people before...course it was Classics Megs and I doubt most people would mistake it for a real gun...
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby NickRyder » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:37 pm

That's just crazy, I mean you hear these police departments constantly bitching about how "oh we're so understaffed and underfunded" but then "OH Holy crap! There's a guy waving A SINGLE GUN out the window! Quick, let's get SWAT, Snipers, Dogs, hell call out the National Guard for ONE GUY WITH A GUN!"

Puh-fraggin-leez. Okay I can understand maybe going in with a couple of cops in body armor and a shield or something, if the guy does start shooting, but whatever happened to calm negotation? Like : "Sir, please throw the gun down and lay on your belly."

They see the gun, its got a little robot face on it.

Charge the dork with maybe a misdemenor for waving a weapon in a threatening manner. But c'mon really, SWAT?

Things like that make me think we're just turning into a police state.
Nick Ryder
"It's his first car... its supposed to be like that!"
NickRyder
Mini-Con

Postby GadgetMeli9685 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Oh boy... That's not the first time this has happened. It's funny, but at the same time it's not. Soon it will be illegal to own ANY transformers because they're violent or look like weapons. Come on.... Send a small squad of police to investigate before you blow it out of proportion.
GadgetMeli9685
Mini-Con

Postby vulgar_wraith » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:40 pm

That's some funny s*** right there.
vulgar_wraith
Fuzor

Postby Editor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
GadgetMeli9685 wrote:Oh boy... That's not the first time this has happened. It's funny, but at the same time it's not. Soon it will be illegal to own ANY transformers because they're violent or look like weapons. Come on.... Send a small squad of police to investigate before you blow it out of proportion.

Sending a small squad or single patrol sounds like a good idea, but if this had been a person with a real weapon and the desire to use it, that is how you end up with dead police officers.

Does it seem like overkill? Yes, but it is the better way to respond to a call of this nature when they don't fully know the threat level they will be facing.

As far as the idea of it being G2 megs instead, I would submit if it was transmetal Beast Megs instead.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Great, this will lead to more bannings of G1 & Masterpiece Megatrons? What an idiot.

Good thing I already have my Megatrons.

Seems like the Police went a little overboard, but I suppose they can't take any chances. That's how tragedies like school shootings happen, people don't take stuff seriously.

They recently arrested a high school student here who posted threats and a 'hit list' on Facebook. They raided his home and seized a bunch of weapons, and now he's getting a psychiatric evaluation in custody. It's good that people reported him and the Police reacted as such.

On the other hand, we also have the ongoing Taser controversy surrounding the death of Robert Dziekanski, where the Police obviously used much more force than necessary.

But with this guy and his Megatron, it's not like they had to physically take him down, so they were really only being cautious in case he actually had a real weapon, as they should be.

So either this guy's a total moron, threatening people with a toy, or he was just playing with it, and has dumb paranoid neighbors who can't tell the difference between a real gun and a toy. And now there will be public outcry for stiffer regulations on toys, and collectors will lose out. :roll:
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby rpetras » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Unfortunately the police response was completely appropriate. We can Monday morning quarterback it all we want, but they didn't know the gun was not real till later.

I say unfortunately, because the knee-jerk reaction of moron politicians will be more useless laws that would not have prevented this sort of thing anyway.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby First-Aid » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
What's depressing is that, when they find Megs, he's going to rot in an evidence locker somewhere as opposed to being proudly displayed in someone's collection.

I wonder if he'll pop up at police auction somewhere?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Phenotype » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm

I really have to disagree with those of you saying the police responded appropriately. Like NickRyder said, this is the sort of thing that makes people feel like they're living in a police state. Their reaction was ridiculous, especially considering they didn't even know if he had a gun or not. This wasn't at a school or a public place, the appropriate response would have been to send a small squad and attempt negotiations over a loud speaker, that way the police are not directly engaging the man and there is no danger to them.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm

NickRyder wrote:That's just crazy, I mean you hear these police departments constantly bitching about how "oh we're so understaffed and underfunded" but then "OH Holy crap! There's a guy waving A SINGLE GUN out the window! Quick, let's get SWAT, Snipers, Dogs, hell call out the National Guard for ONE GUY WITH A GUN!"

Puh-fraggin-leez. Okay I can understand maybe going in with a couple of cops in body armor and a shield or something, if the guy does start shooting, but whatever happened to calm negotation? Like : "Sir, please throw the gun down and lay on your belly."

Charge the dork with maybe a misdemenor for waving a weapon in a threatening manner. But c'mon really, SWAT?

That percieved "single gun" in the right hands could take out anywhere from 6 to 15 people depending on type and capacity. And, from a distance and depending on wear, you CANT see a robot face. It is the job of the police to protect the safety of the community and this a**hole, from all OUTWARD appearances, was a threat and they responded appropriately.
As for negotiation, that IS part of standard procedure. They would not have taken extreme action unless negotiation failed or there were other occupants in the home they felt were in immediate mortal danger. Considering that there was a recent home invasion (and apparently brutal) and the man was upset about his treatment afterward, I'm willing to place a highly educated guess that this guy was not an upstanding member of the community. This would also offer further explanation as to the show of force. It sounds more to me like this guy was "Taxed" and instead of taking it like a man, bitched about it to the police, which in his case would have been pointless. All that combined with his "off the deep end" stunt lead me to suspect drug use, most likely Meth.
That a tweeker would tarnish the reputation of Megatron pisses me off that much more. I can't say that my guess is right but I know enough behind the scenes aspects of both sides (police and bad-guys) to say that, when and if the whole story comes out I probably won't be far off.
Still Sucks that a Transformer got caught in the middle of all this. Poor innocent pawn...
Last edited by T-Macksimus on Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Starfield » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:10 pm

He had plenty of time. He could have transformed him and put him on display and let the coppers search the place all they want.
Starfield
Mini-Con

Postby dragons » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:12 pm

it was only matter of time just not the situation i expected to happen to be in i expected some IDIOT & i use the word strongly idiot to use g1 megatron to use as weapone in store to steal money i was waiting for this sort of thing to happen when the first movie got released or before it but just not this late of the years.

im not megatron g1 fan so im not that concered about but if anyone decides to make master piece megatron illge to be shipped in the us ill be pissed i mean master piece megatron isnt even accuate to be gun at all its 3 times the size or an original real gun pistal & if poeple cant tell teh differnce between the mp megatron from a real gun then poeple are more stupid than they appear to be.

but for any megatron g1 fans here on this site sorry to here about the bad news you know the NEWS is going to make a BIG deadl about this once they hold of this information & becasue of the news they just may banned g1 megatron all togeather even mp verion in the states.

stupid news make big deal about every little dumb thing they report even old news oj simpson, m jackson, lets get everyone crazy in the year 1999 everyone stock up all the electronical devices on this plant are going down for a year its Y2K start stocking up or suffer, dont get me statred aboutthe news with there weather forcasts.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Forgotten » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
T-Macksimus wrote:
NickRyder wrote:That's just crazy, I mean you hear these police departments constantly bitching about how "oh we're so understaffed and underfunded" but then "OH Holy crap! There's a guy waving A SINGLE GUN out the window! Quick, let's get SWAT, Snipers, Dogs, hell call out the National Guard for ONE GUY WITH A GUN!"

That percieved "single gun" in the right hands could take out anywhere from 6 to 15 people depending on type and capacity. And, from a distance and depending on wear, you CANT see a robot face. It is the job of the police to protect the safety of the community and this a**hole, from all OUTWARD appearances, was a threat and they responded appropriately.
As for negotiation, that IS part of standard procedure. They would not have taken extreme action unless negotiation failed or there were other occupants in the home they felt were in immediate mortal danger. Considering that there was a recent home invasion (and apparently brutal) and the man was upset about his treatment afterward, I'm willing to place a highly educated guess that this guy was not an upstanding member of the community. This would also offer further explanation as to the show of force. It sounds more to me like this guy was "Taxed" and instead of taking it like a man, bitched about it to the police, which in his case would have been pointless. All that combined with his "off the deep end" stunt lead me to suspect drug use, most likely Meth.
That a tweeker would tarnish the reputation of Megatron pisses me off that much more. I can't say that my guess is right but I know enough behind the scenes aspects of both sides (police and bad-guys) to say that, when and if the whole story comes out I probably won't be far off.
Still Sucks that a Transformer got caught in the middle of all this. Poor innocent pawn...

I could not agree with you more about Megs being a pawn in this guy's pathetic charade. But I am a G1 Megatron fan, a gun enthusiast and I used to have a problem with Crystal Meth and I never took it out on my Transformers, this guy should be shot with Megatron pellets repeatedly. Honestly, he should be ashamed. :roll:
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby generalstratton » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Wow, so I am assuming the cops confiscated the G1 Megatron, and if every one thought it was the real thing, then the toy must have been in good condition (unlike so many of his 80’s brothers). So like really, any fines they give him for his misdemeanors for threatening with a (fake) weapon & disturbing the peace is going to be nothing compared to the cost of replacing his Megatron. :-?

Although living in Ontario, the only reason for the body armor, the shields, the snipers rifles, the submachine guns, the tanks, the satellite surveillance, and the aerial strike, etc. IT is because this kind of stuff almost never happens (with the exception of Toronto). I think the cops got the emergency info from 911, and got excited because they finally got to use their all their big toys.

Lets face it, 4 snipers at full range of their guns, each one covering 1 side of the house, plus 2 other officers in full armor & shields to negotiate with the man, and some additional officers quarantining the area for public safety was all that was needed. And just have everybody else on stand by incase it escalates. :|

Oh well boys & thier toys. :D
generalstratton
Mini-Con

Postby SentinelA » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 pm

This story pisses me off and this dumbass deserves any thing he gets! :evil:
SentinelA
Headmaster

Postby joevill » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
What an idiot!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 4RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210583 9A (CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED FCBD IDW Comics 2008 Free Comic Book Day 230227"
TRANSFORMERS ANIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 3RI (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118C"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 231010I"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 4A (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM892 (CA) Cižmešija"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #17 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221591 17A (CA) Yurcaba"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON