This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:23 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
allspark- Michael Bell, the voice actor for the Generation One cartoon's Prowl and Swoop is requesting the help of the fans.

"To all my Transformer buds,

I recently directed a demo for a series of motion graphic "Transformers" comics which could be downloaded via iPhone, iTouch, and other outlets. Many talented professional actors provided the voices for the characters in the demo including myself. The plan was to present it to IDW Comics who had shown more then a passing interest in this budding new concept. With a go ahead on producing the series, I would be employing the talents of as many of the original voices from the early series as possible. I had already cleared this with my fellow "Transformers" actors, and everyone was waiting in the wings for the response from the powers at IDW comics.

After months of mulling over it, they ultimately passed on the idea, and surprise surprise, decided to produce their own graphic motion novel without the voices or even the superbly heightened animation. So, essentially what you now have the ability to download is a plain old comic book.

Nothing new there.

SOooooo, I am taking my request to the troops. To all the die hard fans who I have met over the years at Botcon conventions, or who have written to me asking about my experiences working on one of the most inventive animated series in TV history- I need your help! I am requesting that you do something for me and my fellow actors, so we can in-turn do something really cool for you.

Please contact IDW and let them know that their concept of a series of comic books based on "Transformers" WITHOUT the talents of voice actors, especially many of the original voices, just doesn't cut it.

Please ask them to contract Creative Producers Chris Folino and William Katt, and make a deal for them to produce their concept of a downloadable graphic motion comic series of "Transformers" with - Hide quoted text - professional actors, progressive animation, and lotsa sound effects.

On behalf of all those actors, animators, and studio techs that will get an opportunity to carry on a great tradition,

I thank you,
Michael "Prowl/Swoop" Bell"

You can see the original request here, and check out the sample of the IDW motion graphic novel below.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bH83gbGcCnE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bH83gbGcCnE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UPDATE 6/8/09!

Michael Bell replies back to critics, and supporters at the Allspark.

"Hey T purists,
Thanks for all the responses to the demo. To those of you that liked, loved, and used it for personal gratification, cool beans!
Those of you that thought it was limited in content or approach, remember, it was a demo..designed to show the possibilities and not for public consumption. Time constraints demanded an immediate presentable product. No time to start sifting through the best stories etc.
If IDW recants and gives us a go ahead with some scratch to do a good job, I assure you, you will be blown awayby the end result.
In expensive but classy thrills for a .99 cent download. Much MORE THEN MEETS THE EYE!
Again, thanks for the attention and cogent responses.
For those of you who took the time to write IDW, you are da bomb.
MB
"

Mr. Bell, we invite you to come to our forums and discuss this project with our community as well! There are a lot of your fans here, and there seems to be a lot of support for your project here too!-- Seibertron.com\

Be sure to check out Michael Bell's characters in the Vector Sigma Database (G1 Prowl, and Swoop) too!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Tranformers G1 Voice Actor Asking For YOUR Help

Postby Blackstreak » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Heh, they weren't spending months mulling the idea over. They were planning how to steal the idea. But I'll be more than glad to send a letter. I like the snippets of 'live-action' comics that I have seen so far and would like to see more of them.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby ashe5k » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:36 am

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
I might actually pay money for the version with the voiceovers. Not a straight comic.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Dragonslayer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:55 am

Motto: "Howdy, dammit!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Yeah, I bought the Watchmen motion comics off of iTunes and thought that was pretty cool. A Transformers motion comic would be excellent 8)
Wingz wrote:His servos bring all Naval Strikes 'Cons to the yard
Dragonslayer
Gestalt
News Credits: 7
Alt Mode: Classified
Strength: 4
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Black Bumblebee » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:39 am

Would LOVE to see more of this come to fruition. Did something like this myself with the War Within comics a year ago (and yes... I am still working on episode 2... just haven't had a lot of free time).

You can better believe that I'll send my support their way. I do, however, hope that they avoid using the "shadow" effect of object movement. A few moments of Photoshop can fill in the missing bits, after all...
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby karellan » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 am

I'm actually really surprised IDW didn't go for it. It seems to be the next big thing over at Marvel and DC (the Watchmen one is probably the most well-known, but they have lots of them). I don't understand why IDW would want to push tech that's already outdated. It's like pushing your great new laser disk movie right after DVD was invented.

Transformers: The Movie! Now available in Betamax!
karellan
Micromaster

Postby Wheeljack35 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 am

That was seet but weird to hear Michesl Bell's voice come from Skywarp
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby CrabHeart » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 am

Motto: "so much research!"
Weapon: Electro Magnetizer
REALLY REALLY REALLY o rly? REALLY REALLY!!! want to see more. go prowl go!!!
parts im looking for = g1/g2/ko dinobot weapons.
wilder/fangry head guns and wings.
pretender bumblebee weapons.
g2 lazerrod lasersword.
diaclon eminifig/spike witwiki
CrabHeart
Minibot
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Wheeljack144 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 am

That was really excellent. I would love to see that product come to fruition.
Wheeljack144
Micromaster

Postby PoweredConvoy97 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:41 am

Go on Prowl! :APPLAUSE:
Scousers rule!
PoweredConvoy97
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:56 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
What? No Welker?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby typh0id » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:07 am

Motion comics actually annoy me...Don't care for them...But that one IS at least well done and Megatron sounds awesome :D Pretty f-ed up for IDW to just jack their idea like that...Not really surprising, but still wrong...
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby CrabHeart » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:28 am

Motto: "so much research!"
Weapon: Electro Magnetizer
hey there might not be frank as megs but still. we need this. atleast i do. we need some kind of g1 animation going on..
parts im looking for = g1/g2/ko dinobot weapons.
wilder/fangry head guns and wings.
pretender bumblebee weapons.
g2 lazerrod lasersword.
diaclon eminifig/spike witwiki
CrabHeart
Minibot
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Firepower: 3

Postby -Soundwave- » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:17 am

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my Audios.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I am impressed, my letter is gettin' sent.
Amalgamated Pretense Join the WAR! Be a HERO!
-Soundwave-
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Alt Mode: Cassette Deck
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Hard Hacker » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 am

Bell's Starscream voice is pretty good. Hell, I'd say it was a far better take than Latta's iteration.

Anyway, so we'll have to download a comic over an animated feature with established talents...

I know which one I'd prefer.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Would love to see more of that. Bell is great as Starscream. Closest I've ever heard to Latta. Just seems weird to think of the voice of Prowl doing Starscream so well. His Skywarp is cool too.

Always liked his performance as Prowl. Had a certain calmness to it as befits his logical, patient tech Specs.

Really liked him as Raziel in the Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain games.

Pity TFCog couldn't get him for their fandubs.

Anyway, would be great if IDW picked up on this although I'd recast Megatron. I can do a pretty good Welker-esque Megatron myself. Be cool if Bell could persuade IDW and then Welker to do it.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wow that was awesome. His Starscream is the best ive heard in a long time. Bell is one of my favorite voice actors of all time. Not only did he do some of my favorite voices in TF but he also voiced some of my favorite video game characters as well, Raziel (Legacy of Kain) and The Fear (MGS3:Snake Eater)just to name a couple. Ill be sending out a letter next chance i get. I also think we should maybe get a petition going or some kind of mass letter that we all sign. The more we do the better chance this will become a reality.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Solrac333 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:37 pm

I want to see THAT cartoon. THAT is Transformers. :grin: :APPLAUSE:
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Firebird » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
That was awesome!

I all of a sudden care about All Hail Megatron, It's amazing what some good voice talent can do. I would gladly buy this.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Vectorshot » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:40 pm

That was awesome!!! I'd love to see more.
Vectorshot
Micromaster

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:44 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
That was pants-wetting material right there.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Elita One » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 pm

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
If this were to become a reality I'd buy it. Also nice to see more G1 VA's getting back to the TF universe. Thanks Mr Bell.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Postby InvaderJes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm really not into motion comics. I am, however, into Mikey Bell's voice coming out of any TF project! IDW, I want this to happen!!!
InvaderJes
Micromaster
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:02 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Nope, that's how much I dislike AHM.
He's one of my fave voice actors but not cos of TF but cos of being Raziel. But I just seem to hate AHM more then I love my G1 voices.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby justynnbailey » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:54 am

As far as the voice acting...I think he said that if the project was given the green light, that the original voice actors would pitch in. So maybe we would get a Welker voiced Megs (after all, he did that movie prequel thing in the TF Movie dvd in 07). Also, I found it odd that he used "Swoop/Prowl" in his signature but he left Scrapper out, which was the onlt character he originally voiced, that was in the video...shrugs...
justynnbailey
Minibot

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #30 DC Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Wagner 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #410 multi-pack DC Comics 1989 (CA) Geiger (W) Collins (A)Cockrum 230915A"
BATMAN #410 multi- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2024 0124DC004 145D (CA) Scalera (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 JAN233265 133C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #133 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0223DC019 3A (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #2 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 1023DC039 2A (CA) Mora"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN TWO-FACE STRIKES TWICE #2 DC Comics 1993 (CA) Gross (W) Barr 230915A"
BATMAN TWO-FACE ST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #1 2nd ptg Pulp Novel DC Comics 1223DC887 (CA) Aspinall"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0223DC021 3C (W) Williamson (CA) Mattina"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1023DC049 141B (W)Zdarsky (A)Jimenez (CA) Finch"
BATMAN #141 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0723DC019 137D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Besch"
BATMAN #137 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #1 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC023 1B (CA) Cheung"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 0323DC857 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #135 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr E 1:25 Superman DC Comics 0223DC032 1054E (CA) Montanez"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON