This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Michael Bay is not quitting Transformers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Michael Bay is not quitting Transformers

Postby Mkall » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:11 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
shootfortheedit has posted Michael Bay's respopnse to recent rumours that he will not be doing TF3. It turns out that he isn't quitting. Michael Bay says:

"Hah, love press how they spin. Never said it - just wanted a vacation is more to the point.

And no I don't read the good or the bad reviews."

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Michael Bay is not quitting Transformers

Postby Robinson » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:52 pm

I posted that in the thread about him quitting 24 hours ago.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Mkall » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 pm

Sorry Robinson, the movie forum isn't one of my normal haunts. I've added you to the credits.

I for one, don't mind this. Like it or hate it, at least this'll ensure that TF Movies will be consistent in between one another.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6

Postby Robinson » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Mkall wrote:Sorry Robinson, the movie forum isn't one of my normal haunts. I've added you to the credits.

I for one, don't mind this. Like it or hate it, at least this'll ensure that TF Movies will be consistent in between one another.

No biggie, I just posted it so that ppl would shut up about him quitting.

Didn't work. #-o
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby OmegaConvoy117 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:30 pm

I figured, the Press was doing something BS, but i heard some rumors already about the final film, on a MTV interview with Megan Fox and Shia, Grimlock and the fellow Dinobots will make and finally( i hope so) :grin: that they will be in the final film along with Galvatron which i can see why because well... i dont want to spoil the ending for ROTF but i read the novel of the film. having those characters would be amazing espicially seeing Grimlock on the silver big screen :APPLAUSE:
OmegaConvoy117
Mini-Con

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:37 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Son of a bitch. well all there is to do now is hope the movie tanks so he gets fired. It wont happen since all summer movie drones will be feeding the fire that is this crap franchise with their money completely screwing us over once again.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Burn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Megatron Wolf wrote:Son of a bitch. well all there is to do now is hope the movie tanks so he gets fired. It wont happen since all summer movie drones will be feeding the fire that is this crap franchise with their money completely screwing us over once again.

Who is this "us" you refer to?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby DMan304 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:17 am

Like him or not, he's perfect for Transformers.

Since when has Transformers ever been about moving stories and Oscar worthy acting? It's badass cars that transform into even badderass robots that fight and beat the crap out of each other. Add in a few Baysplosions and it's prefect.

I'm glad he isn't quitting.

"I am a warrior, let the battle be joined."
DMan304
Micromaster

Postby warahi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 am

like him or not I can safely say that he isn't perfect for the job. Big explosions and robots may be what attract the general audience but Transformers has the potential to be so much more nowadays with all the material there is and all these movies seem to really care about is explosions and things that general public will be impressed with until they leave the theatre.
warahi
Mini-Con

Postby jonusjaxon » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:49 am

warahi wrote:like him or not I can safely say that he isn't perfect for the job. Big explosions and robots may be what attract the general audience but Transformers has the potential to be so much more nowadays with all the material there is and all these movies seem to really care about is explosions and things that general public will be impressed with until they leave the theatre.

You people gotta accept that it's not about pleasing the hardcore fanbase, it's not about yours or my childhood. It's about pleasing the general public. The public's opinion [and their money] is what makes movies happen. That's how sequels happen, and how even bigger sequels happen.

If Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman were to write a story that only G1 fans understood then the movie would fail. Kids wouldn't understand it because they weren't around for G1. I don't think kids like boxy robots either. The public wouldn't understand it [or like it]. No one [or not many] would spend their money watching unconvincing, emotionless, boxy robots clumsily duke it out over cubes of energon.

Face it, G1 was full of way more crap and cheese than the movies. It was really only just a toy commercial. I love G1 BTW. But I love the new movies more. The 2007 movie was unlike anything I could've imagined. Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman made Transformers into something new, unique, and almost alive. I don't think anyone could do much better.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby syphonn » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:36 am

Weapon: Gattling Gun
Asking for a coherent story doesn't necessarily translate to asking for a retelling of G1
District 9, what Transformers could have been ...
syphonn
Vehicon
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby Robinson » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:42 am

G1 was never coherent.

over the last 25 years so many things have been retconned in just to make sense.
Robinson
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:46 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Robinson wrote:G1 was never coherent.

over the last 25 years so many things have been retconned in just to make sense.
And so many things have been retconned in that make even less sense (like, how does retconning Car Robots help G1 in any way? - It doesn't).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby warahi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:04 am

....first I I never said nor implied it should be a retelling of G1, there are multiple universes in the Transformers franchise, secondly, I didn't grow up with G1 and know that it's pretty much crap after the movie was made. I'm just saying it could be so much better than they've made these live action films.
warahi
Mini-Con

Postby jonusjaxon » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:59 am

warahi wrote:....first I I never said nor implied it should be a retelling of G1, there are multiple universes in the Transformers franchise, secondly, I didn't grow up with G1 and know that it's pretty much crap after the movie was made. I'm just saying it could be so much better than they've made these live action films.

ALL movies could be better. I think my vision is better than Bay's and the writers' but I'm no professional writer or director. I respect their work on Transformers and I don't think anyone could do much better. They brought the Transformers to life and that's the most important thing to me. I can look past the overabundance of jokes or cheesy mythology about Sparks and Sam's grandfather's glasses or whatever. That kind of lameness comes with every action movie.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby warahi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:45 pm

I felt it was way too prominent in the live action movies. I'd much rather prefer something like Transwarped be made for the movies than the live action ones.
warahi
Mini-Con

Postby Night Raid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
He's pulling this stunt AGAIN?
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7

Postby warahi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Are you talking about Michael Bay, the guy I'm responding to, or me? I just joined.
warahi
Mini-Con

Postby wingdarkness » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:34 pm

Burn wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:Son of a bitch. well all there is to do now is hope the movie tanks so he gets fired. It wont happen since all summer movie drones will be feeding the fire that is this crap franchise with their money completely screwing us over once again.

Who is this "us" you refer to?

He's talking about "me"...Me and him = "us"...And "us" are quite dissapointed by Hackeal Bay's most recent mindrape...This guy is a car engine fueled by our hate...He'll always be driving on "E"...
wingdarkness
Minibot

Postby Night Raid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
warahi wrote:Are you talking about Michael Bay, the guy I'm responding to, or me? I just joined.

I meant Michael Bay. He pulled this after the first movie.
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Endurance: 10

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
DMan304 wrote:Like him or not, he's perfect for Transformers.

Since when has Transformers ever been about moving stories and Oscar worthy acting? It's badass cars that transform into even badderass robots that fight and beat the crap out of each other. Add in a few Baysplosions and it's prefect.

I'm glad he isn't quitting.

jonusjaxon wrote: You people gotta accept that it's not about pleasing the hardcore fanbase, it's not about yours or my childhood. It's about pleasing the general public. The public's opinion [and their money] is what makes movies happen. That's how sequels happen, and how even bigger sequels happen.

If Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman were to write a story that only G1 fans understood then the movie would fail. Kids wouldn't understand it because they weren't around for G1. I don't think kids like boxy robots either. The public wouldn't understand it [or like it]. No one [or not many] would spend their money watching unconvincing, emotionless, boxy robots clumsily duke it out over cubes of energon.

Face it, G1 was full of way more crap and cheese than the movies. It was really only just a toy commercial. I love G1 BTW. But I love the new movies more. The 2007 movie was unlike anything I could've imagined. Bay, Orci, and Kurtzman made Transformers into something new, unique, and almost alive. I don't think anyone could do much better.

Both, exellent posts! Agree 100%.
I think the sooner most bay haters can accept this,the sooner we can all get on with things. 8-}
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 pm

We, the fans, need to simply understand that whining about making the movies more complex is very, very selfish. If they based most of the movie on the existing mythos (which has been expanded upon through countless cartoons and comics over the course of 25 years), they would alienate the vast majority of people who aren't hardcore fans.

Not to mention that such a complicated story only truly works in a weekly cartoon or monthly comic, not a biannual movie trilogy. That's why the Watchmen movie got so much grief: they had to cram a year of intricate comics into a movie lasting two and a half hours. It simply can't be done!
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Speed: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby warahi » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:50 pm

I don't hate Bay and I still think the movies could be a lot better than how they have been done. Also, why just have a trilogy?
warahi
Mini-Con

Postby Autobobby1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:35 pm

As of now they only have a contract for a trilogy. Not that I would mind having more than just three films--in fact, I'd love to have the series extend indefinitely as long as there are interesting new stories to tell each time--it's just that I'm not assuming anything.
Mashed potatoes can be your friends!
Autobobby1
Godmaster
News Credits: 2
Speed: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby NewFoundStarscreamLuv » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:47 pm

look, as a moviemaker, Michael Bay sucks.
Sure he makes lots of money. Blockbusters. But the movie itself? Forgotten in a year. Except maybe The Rock.
His idea of action is explosions and rapid camera movements.
A love story is a hot piece of tail.
He literally writes for 13 year olds.
I dont think any of this is really arguable. He doesn't exactly make what I would call a "film", or even "I would like to rewatch it when eating cereal, hung over"

He basically ruined Transformers. Sure it sell merch. But will a whole generation fall in love with it, like the old TF? No.
People are pissed not because they wanted a G1 retelling. Heck, I like G1, but, whatever. All I wanted, and I think most people wanted, was some cool transformers, characters, and giant robots fighting. An actual plotline would help too.
But heres what we got for TF1.
Giant robots: Check.
Cool transformers: Debatable. But you can't tell what part is what, or whats going on in a fight, so I say, no.
Characters: Missed the boat. Shia is not the character I wanted to know. Megatron, Prime, and Starscream were.
Plotline: Not very engaging, but for a summer blockbuster, meh. I never really felt like I cared who got the Allspark. Did you?
Comedy: Failed again. I would hope most people don't think pee and masturbation jokes are what should constitute "entertainment" or "comedy".

In terms of selfishness, or dumb storyline: Its not selfish to want a good movie. Dumb storyline? Kids are actually pretty smart and can follow along if you explain or show things clearly. They can follow a more complex storyline if they can watch something like TF. But then again, storylines arent exactly Bays forte. And kids these days are a lot more complex. Please compare any TV show meant for the 12-15 year old set nowadays, to what they had in the 80's. If its easier,

And it looks like ROTF is more of the same tripe. Unfortunately. At least it leaves room for a real reboot, like Batman. Its not that I expect that level of film making, just someone see potential for a memorable movie AND make it their own.
Last edited by NewFoundStarscreamLuv on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv
Micromaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #24 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230245 24A (CA) Williams (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #24 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1023IM370 25A (CA) Sabbatini (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #25 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124A"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #12 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 SEP220309 12B (CA) Giangiordano (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #12 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #28 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0923IM419 28A (CA) Carlos (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #28 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM346 26A (CA) Deodato (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #26 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230329 25A (CA) Mele (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #25 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 One Shot Cvr L 1:25 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 1L (CA) Fabok"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 On ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #319 Cvr D 1:5 B&W Image Comics 2021 APR210334 319D (CA) McFarlane"
SPAWN #319 Cvr D 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWHAWK #1 Image Comics 1992 (CA) Valentino 220817A"
SHADOWHAWK #1 Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #20 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230274 20A (CA) Williams (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #20 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1223IM842 351C (A/CA) Booth (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220302 2A (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220264 6B (CA) Keane (W)McFarlane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON