This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

BigBadToyStore: Devastator Pre-order Online

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

BigBadToyStore: Devastator Pre-order Online

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:54 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
BBTS- Site sponsor Bigbadtoystore.com has the soon=to-be-released Devastator Supreme Combiner Set for pre-order.

"Please Note: 50% of our order is in transit and will arrive in late June, the rest will likely arrive in July.

The ultimate DECEPTICON® weapon has arrived on Earth, and nothing will ever be the same. CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR is the biggest robot ever—towering above AUTOBOTS® and DECEPTICONS alike. As his Vortex Grinder snaps open and glows with power, all before him quake in fear, knowing their destruction is inevitable!

Combine all six detailed vehicles – including MIXMASTER vehicle with motion-activated vehicle and conversion sounds! – to create the mighty CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR figure! Lights and destruction sounds show his enemies he means business and when this CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR figure speaks, they’re sure to run in fear! Recreate exciting movie scenes right in your living room with this super-cool figure.

Includes LONGHAUL, MIXMASTER, SCAVENGER, RAMPAGE, SCRAPPER, and HIGHTOWER vehicles.
Product Number: HAS17360
Shipping Weight: 7.00 pounds"

YOu can pre-order Devastator here.

Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: BigBadToyStore: Devastator Pre-order Online

Postby tech348 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 pm

That picture just looks wrong with his legs extended like that.
tech348
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Zeds » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
tech348 wrote:That picture just looks wrong with his legs extended like that.

My thoughts exactly. His proportions are off. He looks better squatting like he is supposed to. Fugly either way but I may pick him up because he is so frackin' big!
Last edited by Zeds on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby futronimus » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Motto: "Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput."
That was seriously the best picture they had?
futronimus
Mini-Con

Postby Overcracker » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
:shock: :???: What the heck happened?

Totally not good.
How do you go form this:

To this:

This is just sad.

Even bending the legs doesn't account for how different it looks.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Giant Purple Griffin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Motto: "Beware of my hair!"
Weapon: Photon Lasers
I think the pics from BotCon and the Hasbro toy fair give a better view of how it looks.
Haslab, please make me.
Giant Purple Griffin
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 1
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Mkall » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Overcracker wrote::shock: :???: What the heck happened?

The Photoshoping was removed and we're looking at the real toys now.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Courage: 8

Postby robofreak » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Mkall wrote:
Overcracker wrote::shock: :???: What the heck happened?

The Photoshoping was removed and we're looking at the real toys now.

It's all about the lighting. It looks like the photographer used a flash that pretty much killed all the detail. The one they showed off at Botcon was the official version we'll see at retail. Don't worry guys, Devastator is going to look awesome. There's also a possibility that the pic BBTS has is of an early production sample before they started making changes to the colors and whatnot.

The guy at Target told me he'll be arriving Wedsnesday along with the long awaited Jetfire. I'll be picking him up along with Jetfire, Megatron, Stratoshphere and a slew of scouts. 20% off coupons rock!
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby First Gen » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
This guy looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better in person. That picture is horrid.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Firepower: 7

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
First Gen wrote:This guy looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better in person. That picture is horrid.

Confirmed.

The photoshop pic is closer to the real thing than that awful pic at BBTS.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby Zeds » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Counterpunch wrote:
First Gen wrote:This guy looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better in person. That picture is horrid.

Confirmed.

The photoshop pic is closer to the real thing than that awful pic at BBTS.

Thank the good Lord for small mercies.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Speed: 4

Postby nemesis-prime » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:49 pm

I'll still have to see it in person to see if I will pay $100 for it but one of those coupons will help.
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby Agamemnon » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
There's another Preorder at BBTS for the Legends version of Devastator. That's the one I'm more intrigued with anyway. I ran into Mixmaster and Megatron (Voyager) today, which was a surprise. It'll be interesting to see this Devastator later this week if my Targets actually start to carry him.
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby TylerDante69 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:31 pm

This guy looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better in person. That picture is horrid.

How tall is he compared to the Leader Classes Prime, Megatron, or Jetfire????
TylerDante69
Micromaster

Postby dabattousai » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:35 am

$100 for something that doesn't tower Fortress Maximus :/ I might have to wait for a 50% sale. The Botcon pictures made him seem he was a Supreme Class size. I can only see him being $49.99.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Narc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 am

I think they have the wrong photo. The one that they posted looks like the E-Z Devastator that's like the amalgamation of legends class vehicles. It's not the Supreme class that we're expecting.
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby IceWilly » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:53 am

at least they show proper proportions on the alt modes. The original pic may have been too misleading if they intended to get people to purchased based off it
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby Autobot Firestorm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:03 am

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
I've heard rumors that a version of Devistator is coming and the individual 'bots will transform (they don't currently).

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, any word on a Premium Series for the ROTFs?

AF
War For Cybertron ID: Firestorm_Prime
Autobot Firestorm
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Overcracker » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Autobot Firestorm wrote:I've heard rumors that a version of Devistator is coming and the individual 'bots will transform (they don't currently).

Can anyone confirm this?

Nope. There's been no confirmation about it. Its still a somewhat likely rumor at this point. But no pics or anything else about it has been said. Only that its a possibility.

Autobot Firestorm wrote:

AF

Nope. We won't be getting word of a Premium series ( if there is one) until likely December. It was one of the later things to be revealed for the last movie.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Joshua Vallse » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:29 am

Motto: "Build a Giant Robot? Sure it's safe, I mean...it's not like two Stars from a childhood tv show are going to hotwire it and take over the world....right?"
Mostly all of the toys are pretty bad. This is common throughout the Toy industry. I worked for Jakks Pacific (Another Toy company) and thanks to outsourcing it's awful how many corners are cut to save a buck.

What you saw initially was most likely an artist rendition of what Devastator looked like for the film and then referenced for Hasbro to design the toy. As for the packaging, thats what is called a Comp that was provided for the Toy Fair this past year. Most comps are never finalized in terms of art and photos, and because the packaging artist prob didn't recieve a finished picture in time for the Toy Fair, they used this artwork to make their comps which were later shipped to the Fair. 90% of the time this is the case, so I wouldn't trust all of what you've seen from the toy fairs.

As far as the toys, alot of them seem to be badly made. Megatron for example refused to be transformed to his tank mode..I finally took a scalpel to his left leg peg and cut out a groove just so it could plug in and stay. I've also viewed other posts here concerning the Fallen and others. Devastator resulting in this really doesn't surprise me sadly. And I would'nt be surprised if he does have transforming issues as well. A leg not sticking or a joint going the wrong way or something.

Then again though, I was never a fan of this design either. He reminds me of Gorilla Vehicle Voltron. :P
Josh
ImageImage
CLICK HERE: http://youtu.be/WM394EfR2hk
To see what happens to our two troublemakers. So much for my motto!

Also Visit my website for more artwork:
http://joshuavallse.blogspot.com/
http://www.wix.com/JoshuaBallze/Art-Website/
Joshua Vallse
Headmaster Jr

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am

Overcracker wrote:
Autobot Firestorm wrote:I've heard rumors that a version of Devistator is coming and the individual 'bots will transform (they don't currently).

Can anyone confirm this?

Nope. There's been no confirmation about it. Its still a somewhat likely rumor at this point. But no pics or anything else about it has been said. Only that its a possibility.

Autobot Firestorm wrote:

AF

Nope. We won't be getting word of a Premium series ( if there is one) until likely December. It was one of the later things to be revealed for the last movie.

well just because they released a premium series in December doesn't necessarily mean they will do it again in December.. they may do it in October to get a jump on the X-mas buying season, especially with the economy in the dumps, people may need time to get those presents or save to buy it before the big Santa Clause comes a rolling around..

as for the Devastator..not sure.. like Overcracker said.. just rumors..no definite confirmations..(sure would be nice)

I'm gonna pass on this figure guys.... atleast until I start seeing clearance items going up.. of course they could do what Toys-R-US and Walmart did.. hold the transformers in Back stock and resell them at the normal price points, then next time a movie pops up..

Joshua Vallse wrote:Mostly all of the toys are pretty bad. This is common throughout the Toy industry. I worked for Jakks Pacific (Another Toy company) and thanks to outsourcing it's awful how many corners are cut to save a buck.

What you saw initially was most likely an artist rendition of what Devastator looked like for the film and then referenced for Hasbro to design the toy. As for the packaging, thats what is called a Comp that was provided for the Toy Fair this past year. Most comps are never finalized in terms of art and photos, and because the packaging artist prob didn't recieve a finished picture in time for the Toy Fair, they used this artwork to make their comps which were later shipped to the Fair. 90% of the time this is the case, so I wouldn't trust all of what you've seen from the toy fairs.

As far as the toys, alot of them seem to be badly made. Megatron for example refused to be transformed to his tank mode..I finally took a scalpel to his left leg peg and cut out a groove just so it could plug in and stay. I've also viewed other posts here concerning the Fallen and others. Devastator resulting in this really doesn't surprise me sadly. And I wouldn't be surprised if he does have transforming issues as well. A leg not sticking or a joint going the wrong way or something.

Then again though, I was never a fan of this design either. He reminds me of Gorilla Vehicle Voltron. :P
Josh

Awesome Assessment! that is exactly how I feel about him.. however, if the final product is cool enough, i will get it, but at 80% off when it goes on clearance.. here in Virginia, toys on clearance are always 80% off... toys don't sell so much around here.. most kids and teens are all about the Video games..

Off Topic:
Jakks Pacific (Another Toy company) huh, nice..they had some good solid figures..
I am part owner of Capital comics studios.. and we are going to try to get some figures made in the future..

right now I am training in 3D art studio meshing so i can readily do comics with realistic environments, and preset scenes...this will make the comics easier to produce and the quality beyond the norm.. anyhow, any advice or warnings in getting into the action figure business???
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Joshua Vallse » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 am

Motto: "Build a Giant Robot? Sure it's safe, I mean...it's not like two Stars from a childhood tv show are going to hotwire it and take over the world....right?"
Skywarp....

Nice to meet you. It depends on the toy company you go to really. If it's a really high end toy company....I'd be more cautious in terms of what you sign and in terms of their sales pitch how dedicated they are into following through with what they are pitching you. Most sales pitches are more about obtaining the contract then the quality of the toy. If a Toy Company is serious about they work, they will flood you with planned ideals and perhaps even a maquette sculpture of what your figure would look like. There's more, but I feel we should keep things on topic here. But feel free to message me on any other questions you would have.

SPOILERS:

If you've seen the movie then you should know the possibility of the constructicon toys combining into Devastator are slim to none. If it does happen, I would be very surprised. But from what I gathered from the film, the Constructicons are not Devastator.....but rather vehicle clones of the constructicons are used that combine to form Devi.....

Which is weird because that was the whole appeal of Devastator. In a sense I don't think there were any robot combiners in the whole film being Jetfire doesn't merge, but turns himself for scrap in which his spare parts are salvaged into Prime. And Devi, it would seem, isn't robot transformers combining but only vehicles combining.

Sad really, the only cool aspect of Gorilla Vehicle Voltron that would have saved him and now it's gone.

Josh
ImageImage
CLICK HERE: http://youtu.be/WM394EfR2hk
To see what happens to our two troublemakers. So much for my motto!

Also Visit my website for more artwork:
http://joshuavallse.blogspot.com/
http://www.wix.com/JoshuaBallze/Art-Website/
Joshua Vallse
Headmaster Jr

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series 100 Deluxe ROTB Rise Beasts Hasbro 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT Transformers Studio Series Core Class DÍAZ Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
NOAH DIAZ EXO-SUIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON