This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Transformers 2" Rolls Out with 2,000 Sold Out Midnight Shows

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

"Transformers 2" Rolls Out with 2,000 Sold Out Midnight Shows

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen enjoyed a spectacular debut on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, according to Fandango, the nation’s leading movie ticketing destination. Among the stats:

• Last night Fandango sold out more than 2,000 midnight and late night/early morning show times nationwide.

• Fandango has been selling more than 8 Transformers tickets per second during peak periods, prior to opening day. That number could rise today.

• Transformers 2 currently represents 94% of all ticket sales on Fandango (as of 9:00 a.m. PT today).

• Transformers 2 now ranks as Fandango’s biggest pre-sales title of the year to date.

• Transformers 2 is selling twice as many tickets as Iron Man sold on Fandango at the same point in that film’s sales cycle.

• Midnight showtimes of Transformers 2 were sold out across the country, from Abingdon, Maryland to Yuba City, CA. One theater in Las Vegas sold out as many as ten midnight showtimes.

• Theater owners are continually adding new show times throughout the day to accommodate the fan demand.

“The film’s success proves that fans are ready for the summer and looking for an escape,” says Rick Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Fandango. “Moviegoers should certainly buy their tickets in advance before heading to the theater, as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen may end up enjoying one of the top-selling opening days for a weekday in the history of our company.”

About Fandango

One of the Web’s top movie and entertainment destinations, Fandango sells tickets to more than 16,000 screens. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. Fandango is available at http://www.fandango.com, 1-800-FANDANGO and via your wireless mobile device at mobile.fandango.com. Fandango is a unit of Comcast Interactive Media.

Fandango theater partners include the nation’s leading exhibitors: AMC Theatres, Carmike Cinemas, Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres, Edwards Theatres, Regal Cinemas and United Artists Theatres, as well as American Cinematheque, Brenden Theatres, CineArts Theatres, Cinebarre, Cobb Theatres, Hollywood Theatres, IMAX, Kerasotes Theatres, Majestic Crest Theatre, Premiere Theatres, R/C Theatres, Wehrenberg Theatres and Winchester Theatres.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: "Transformers 2" Rolls Out with 2,000 Sold Out Midnight Shows

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:33 pm

And to think, I walked right into the theater at 9:30 this morning with no pre-purchased ticket, no line and picked out a sweet seat for the 10:00 a.m. showing.

But seriously, was there any doubt that the midnight shows would sell out like that? I KNEW they would all sell out just like I know that all previous records are going to be blown away by this movie. In fact this isn't just a movie, it's an event!
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby nemesis-prime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:09 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:And to think, I walked right into the theater at 9:30 this morning with no pre-purchased ticket, no line and picked out a sweet seat for the 10:00 a.m. showing.

But seriously, was there any doubt that the midnight shows would sell out like that? I KNEW they would all sell out just like I know that all previous records are going to be blown away by this movie. In fact this isn't just a movie, it's an event!

I saw the IMAX at 12:30pm today every Imax show was sold out dunno about the regular showings. I wont give any spoilers but it was awsome!!
:APPLAUSE:
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby Flare » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Motto: "If you're going to be bad, make sure you're the best at it!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
nemesis-prime wrote:
I saw the IMAX at 12:30pm today every Imax show was sold out dunno about the regular showings. I wont give any spoilers but it was awesome!!
** Spoilers ** ** Spoilers **

I want to see it on IMAX! Image But I did get into the Midnight showing that was completely sold out here. We didn't get out of that theater until well after 3am. The movie was AWESOME! And it is an event and I loved seeing a Gestalt at last known as Devastator. Megatron made to be summonsed and bow down? Thats the only thing I didn't agree with. I think I loved Soundwave more then Megatron and Starscream in this one. And Wheelie, he's a cutie. But what happened to him toward the end? :-( I want to see more Wheelie. He reminded me a lot of G1's "Rumble" who I adored as a young girl. Many older fans like myself constantly want to see classic personalities, voices and behavior from the Transformers we loved as kids. But with the introduction of the Cube in the first movie I think we need to expect and live with the major changes to the Transformer's Universe once again. But I loved the movie and have to definitely see it at our IMAX theater soon.

Flare
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby nemesis-prime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Flare wrote:
nemesis-prime wrote:
I saw the IMAX at 12:30pm today every Imax show was sold out dunno about the regular showings. I wont give any spoilers but it was awesome!!
** Spoilers ** ** Spoilers **

I want to see it on IMAX! Image But I did get into the Midnight showing that was completely sold out here. We didn't get out of that theater until well after 3am. The movie was AWESOME! And it is an event and I loved seeing a Gestalt at last known as Devastator. Megatron made to be summonsed and bow down? Thats the only thing I didn't agree with. I think I loved Soundwave more then Megatron and Starscream in this one. And Wheelie, he's a cutie. But what happened to him toward the end? :-( I want to see more Wheelie. He reminded me a lot of G1's "Rumble" who I adored as a young girl. Many older fans like myself constantly want to see classic personalities, voices and behavior from the Transformers we loved as kids. But with the introduction of the Cube in the first movie I think we need to expect and live with the major changes to the Transformer's Universe once again. But I loved the movie and have to definitely see it at our IMAX theater soon.

Damn! I only paid 9.50 for IMAX. :P
nemesis-prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 12

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I hope every movie critic will eat the page his/her bad review was printed on. Not that I care. I just happened to notice Roger Moore (Orlando Sentinel) write a 1 star review and completely missing the facts of the movie and the story and managing to sound like a complete ignorant ass at the same time. The only things he got right was that Mikaela is showing more T&A this time around and that the story is passable at best.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Heavy B » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:02 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
i figured as much. the thearter i went to was PACKED.
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTATE Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS25 TRANSMUTA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON