This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Spotlight Metroplex 5 page preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Spotlight Metroplex 5 page preview

Postby i_amtrunks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:57 pm

With Spotlight Metroplex due for release next week, on Wednesday the 1st of July, Comics Continuum have posted a five page (technically three page) preview to tide us over the next 6 days.

Included in the preview are both covers, the wrap around and the standard.

To check out the full preview, please click here, and make sure to head down to your local comic store on the 1st of July to nab your copy.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Spotlight Metroplex 5 page preview

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Wow, that was actually old-school IDW, just what I missed.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby bluecatcinema » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:05 pm

I wonder, are they gonna go with the old "Goldbug was once Bumblebee" thing, or they gonna make him a seperate character, like they did with Galvatron?
bluecatcinema
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby MYoung23 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Im definitely getting this.

Ive always liked Metroplex and IDW Sixshot is my favorite Decepticon.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby justynnbailey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Hm...Goldbug must be Bumblebee cuz he mentions the events of...Devastation I think? And as far as I noticed Goldbug wasnt there...heh
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Chaoslock wrote:Wow, that was actually old-school IDW, just what I missed.

Better than that, it was straight up G1 old-school. Goldbug in Bumblebees G1 Alt mode, the "Soundwave" alt. style roadway lamps. That was just too cool. All the fun of the cartoon but with better graphics and no crappy acting. I loved seeing the Cybertronian alt modes of the other Throttlebots. I like 'em better than the Earth modes. I'm going to have to get this one.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Devastron » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
Hopefully it picks up after these first few pages. I was never a fan of the Throttlebots and being able to go 'oh neat, Soundwave lampposts!' has been done before in IDW comics.
Devastron
Godmaster

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, thank you so very much for singularly pissing on someone elses enthusiasm like you did.
Ever freaking occur to you that someone else may not have seen that particular item pop up before or
were you just actively trolling around for someone to drop your derisive comment on for no good reason?
If you aren't interested in the comic...fine. Say so and move on but there was no call for you to be such an ass
towards me with no provocation and in such a public display. I would have PM'ed you or a mod but since you obviously
aren't hiding your opinion NEITHER AM I!! :-x
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby MYoung23 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:23 am

Has it been established when this Spotlight takes place? We know it takes place after Revelation but if it happens before AHM wouldnt the Autobots have need a city sized Autobot while they were getting their tails kicked across the galaxy.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Jeysie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
bluecatcinema wrote:I wonder, are they gonna go with the old "Goldbug was once Bumblebee" thing, or they gonna make him a seperate character, like they did with Galvatron?

Separate character: http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopi ... 199#124199

Devastron wrote:Hopefully it picks up after these first few pages. I was never a fan of the Throttlebots and being able to go 'oh neat, Soundwave lampposts!' has been done before in IDW comics.

I consider both of those things a plus, personally. I enjoy seeing the lesser-known characters get some screen time, and I like little background nods to things as long as they don't take too much spotlight.

Heck, there's even signs that Schmidt might have remembered that Searchlight is Optimus' aide-de-camp in the IDWverse. On top of that, it's good to see Sixshot back in action, and I agree that it blissfully reads more like old-school IDW than the current AHM style. It's also nice to see that the issue being made up of the two-page spreads might prove to be an interesting aesthetic choice without sacrificing too much story.

So... you can be disappointed so far if you like. Me, I think it's nice to find myself thinking an upcoming IDW G1 issue might actually be fun after all the disappointment so far. (Well, the upcoming G1 miniseries that Nick Roche will be writing has also got me excited.)
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0723DC019 137D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Besch"
BATMAN #137 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #2 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC018 2D (CA) Schmidt"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #668 Superman DC Comics 1991 (CA) Jurgens + McLeod 230228A"
ACTION COMICS #668 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PENGUIN TRIUMPHANT #1 DC Comics 1992 (CA) Stelfreeze (W) Ostrander 230915A"
PENGUIN TRIUMPHANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #8 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Doherty 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #8 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1069 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 DEC222974 1069E (CA) Williams"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #798 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0323DC221 798C (W) Adams (CA) Young"
FLASH #798 Cvr C D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 DEC222885 1C (CA) Colón (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 1 ORIGIN (NEW 52) tpb DC Comics OCT127119 (A/CA) Lee (W)Johns"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 JAN233265 133C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #133 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #10 DC Comics 2000 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Nolan + Guice 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 JAN233227 2D (W) Williamson (CA) Meyers"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1067 Cvr B DC Comics 2022 OCT223310 1067B (CA) Lee + More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON