This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Robot size comparison of ROTF Constructicons

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Robot size comparison of ROTF Constructicons

Postby Mach » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
TFG2 posted some robot size comparison for all ROTF constructicons. See attached
Attachments
53_71646_37f907a5a4f220a.jpg
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Robot size comparison of ROTF Constructicons

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
TFG2 gives us an interesting size comparison of the components that make up Devastator, in this 'Devastator Vehicle and Clarification Chart'

Devastator's seven components are; Scavenger, Long Haul, Hightower, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Rampage and Overload.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest RotF news and updates!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby jaws » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 pm

It looks like the EZ Collection Devastator might be the most accurately sized; the chart really clarifies size issues. The Scavenger vehicle is just huge.

Does anyone know how big voyager Long Haul's dump truck mode is when compared to deluxe Rampage,
voyagers Mixmaster and Demolisher?
jaws
Targetmaster

Postby Down_Shift » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Meh' I'm not all that impressed by it. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Mirage22 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Sweet. But it seems weird how Long Haul is that small in alt mode and he gets that big when transformed :???: And what does W.I.P mean? Probably somethin' obvious, but i'm just missin' it. :P
Mirage22
Minibot

Postby Smokescreen85 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Motto: ""A look can be deceiving; a touch can be lethal.""
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Mirage22 wrote:Sweet. But it seems weird how Long Haul is that small in alt mode and he gets that big when transformed :???: And what does W.I.P mean? Probably somethin' obvious, but i'm just missin' it. :P

It means Work In Progress.
Smokescreen85
RPG Moderator
Alt Mode: Nissan Z Proto
Strength: 4
Speed: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Mirage22 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 pm

Smokescreen GT wrote:
Mirage22 wrote:Sweet. But it seems weird how Long Haul is that small in alt mode and he gets that big when transformed :???: And what does W.I.P mean? Probably somethin' obvious, but i'm just missin' it. :P

It means Work In Progress.

Right. Thank you. lol. Stupid me 8-}
Mirage22
Minibot

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Weapon: Sword
I have the figure so if anyone needs to know something about it just ask or pm me.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Mach » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I have the figure so if anyone needs to know something about it just ask or pm me.

U have which figure? Overload?
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I don't think that's very accurate, look at the size difference between Long Haul's alt and robot modes, and Rampage to Devastators leg.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby LordBludgeon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Motto: ""Fools! To a master of Metallikato, your clumsy attack is almost slow motion!""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Thank you for the amazing post!
LordBludgeon
Minibot
Alt Mode: Pretender
Speed: 2
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
I don't think we've seen much of the robot modes for the 2 in the middle. I think all we've seen is crappy pics of the Legends class toys. I really like the looks of those 2.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Starscream » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:42 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
No mass-shifting my ass! ! god damn this movie
Starscream
Targetmaster
News Credits: 16
Watch Starscream on YouTube
Buy from Starscream on eBay
Speed: 10
Endurance: 4

Postby tarZen » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I don't get the point of this chart. Is it supposed to illustrate the mass change? Just compare LongHaul's tyres in vehicle and robot mode. Does he pump them up with air as he transforms? Maybe all them are just full of air in robot mode.
tarZen
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
WHY is Demolishor's vehicle mode shown instead of Scavenger's? He didn't form part of Devastator, Scavenger did. Demolishor is white and Scavenger is red. Are they trying to confuse us even more?

Not to mention that they've got Overload and Rampage incorrectly colored yellow instead of red.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437

Postby bowerprime73 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:WHY is Demolishor's vehicle mode shown instead of Scavenger's? He didn't form part of Devastator, Scavenger did. Demolishor is white and Scavenger is red. Are they trying to confuse us even more?

Not to mention that they've got Overload and Rampage incorrectly colored yellow instead of red.

If you actually take notice, that excavator's color is mostly red...which would make it Scavenger, although we never see him in robot mode.

I agree that Overload is colored wrong, but the Rampage component on Devastator was yellow. The actual character Rampage that fought 'Bee was red, probably so it was easier for the moviegoers to distinguish between him and 'Bee.
bowerprime73
Mini-Con

Postby bowerprime73 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

bowerprime73 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:WHY is Demolishor's vehicle mode shown instead of Scavenger's? He didn't form part of Devastator, Scavenger did. Demolishor is white and Scavenger is red. Are they trying to confuse us even more?

If you actually take notice, that excavator's color is mostly red...which would make it Scavenger, although we never see him in robot mode.

I agree that Overload is colored wrong, but the Rampage component on Devastator was yellow. The actual character Rampage that fought 'Bee was red, probably so it was easier for the moviegoers to distinguish between him and 'Bee.

Okay, that's my mistake on the excavator. Now that I've looked closer (I'm a dumbass), the alternate mode in the picture is white, but the robot mode is red.

I believe I am still correct about the Rampage component.
bowerprime73
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
bowerprime73 wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:

Okay, that's my mistake on the excavator. Now that I've looked closer (I'm a dumbass), the alternate mode in the picture is white, but the robot mode is red.

The vehicle mode pic is Demolishor's, but the robot mode pic is Scanveger's.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437

Postby Jesterhead » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Motto: "We'll die just as we lived: In midnight clad. Ave dominus nox."
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
I think the alt-mode to Devastator scale is dead on, but the alt-mode to robot are waaaaay off.
Jesterhead
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch Jesterhead on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 1

Postby Bumblebeast » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Nah, they couldn't give us a decent devastator, they can't make it up now with charts and graphics.

My Devastator was a cool machine. Cool like Terminator, huge as King Kong. Not cool as King Kong and huge like Terminator. They got it all wrong.

Someone said "We need BALLS to make this character work !", and they went the literal way.

Individual constructicons i will buy them, but the multicoloured abomination - i pass.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:53 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Great...
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby harvester » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:54 am

Sabrblade wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:
bowerprime73 wrote:

The vehicle mode pic is Demolishor's, but the robot mode pic is Scanveger's.

The pics on the bottom are just reference photos for the artists/modelers, it has nothing to do with the movie other than they are using those vehicles for reference for the movie, not the literal vehicles that are pictured. The concept art is also temporary and just for concept. I think I agree with bowerprime73 on why they changed Rampage to red for the movie.

But yea, that change of size for Longhaul is ridiculous. If they weren't going to make a Constructicons with all 3 modes that combine, they could have at least gave us a consistent bot combo count. I really wish they would have worked Overload into the $100 gift set. I feel like I'd rather buy 3 sets of the Legends figs than the $100 big set.
harvester
Fuzor

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
The individual cons are a win (minus demolisher) but Dev is the biggest epic fail ive ever seen (no pun intended). Why did hasbro let bay and the writers screw it up so much? As far as im concerned thats not Devastator its just another scrap bot. And what ever happened to no massshifting? First the allspark and now dev. So does this mean Soundwave will be a PSP or computer in the next film?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot Firestorm » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:39 am

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
I'm not sure where the issue of mass shifting is coming from.

First of all, this chart is by no means to scale. Long Haul's alt mode is gi-freakin-normous. To put it this way....it takes 2-3 loads from an excavator that is sized at least as big as Demolishor's alt mode. So Long Haul's 'bot mode is roughly true to scale - no mass shifting. He should be one of the biggest constructicons - as reflected in the scene at the bottom of the ocean. Side note - as I recall...he isn't even a Caterpillar dump truck in the movie - possibly a Leibherr.

Secondly, this chart shows a movie accurate alt mode of Demolishor and the concept art for the Demolishor as well. Scavanger isn't even shown on this chart, and I don't recall seeing him in the movie either.

Third, Rampage is red in the movie - in alt mode and bot mode. Everything we've seen to this point (outside of the movie, that is) shows him as yellow....creating total confusion, since there is an unnamed, yellow bulldozer shown in the movie.

Finally, keep in mind that in the movie - the characters weren't even the ones that made up Devy. The constructicons in 'bot mode were searching for Sam while Devy was making his way for remodeling the pyramid with Agent Simmons following him. This is also why, IMO, we'll never see a Devy that's a true combiner with individual 'bot modes....cause that's not how he was in the movie. Excellent marketing ploy really (although I think its b%!!$#!^). :-D
War For Cybertron ID: Firestorm_Prime
Autobot Firestorm
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Jesterhead » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:06 am

Motto: "We'll die just as we lived: In midnight clad. Ave dominus nox."
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
The mass shifting issue comes from Longhauls alt-mode. They claim he is a Cat 773B. But judging by his robot modes size he seems to be something along the lines of a Cat 797B mining truck.
Jesterhead
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch Jesterhead on YouTube
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 1

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #13 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 OCT220204 13A (CA)Keane (W)Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #13 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #11 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220209 11B (A/CA) Fernandez (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #25 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230330 25B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #25 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #345 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230357 345A (CA) Mele 231222E"
SPAWN #345 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2021 JUN210027 1A (CA) Lee 230124A"
KING SPAWN #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230350 21A (CA) Mele (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #9 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220194 9B (CA) Booth"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #29 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM346 29B (CA) Fernandez (W)McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #29 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr G Image Comics 2022 OCT218159 1G Spawn (CA) Stegman (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JAN220274 8B (CA) Aguillo (W) Lewis"
KING SPAWN #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EIGHT BILLION GENIES #7 Cvr C Spawn Image Comics 2023 SEP228065 7C (CA) Browne"
EIGHT BILLION GENI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #23 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230312 23B (CA) Keane"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #30 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM261 30A (CA) Failla"
NEW!
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #14 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 NOV220275 14A (CA) Mack (W)Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #14 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON