This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Clear look on the Tokyo Toy 2009 Edition Vog Optimus Prime Toy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Clear look on the Tokyo Toy 2009 Edition Vog Optimus Prime Toy

Postby Mach » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Japanese blogger posted a series of images for the ROTF Vog Prime - Tokyo Toy Show 2009 edition.

http://tagoal.blog4.fc2.com/blog-entry-243.html#more
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Clear look on the Tokyo Toy 2009 Edition Vog Optimus Prime Toy

Postby skywarp-2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 am

Great Find again!

I think that that mold has been played out... I don't see how anyone could or would buy it, unless they missed out on it before, or they want to customize it.. but the new ROTF Leader class Prime, now that is hot stuff!!
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
A few weeks back, TakaraTomy updated their website with a special edition Voyager Optimus Prime that was to become available and be exclusive to the 2009 Tokyo Toy show by e-Hobby.

The picture made it unclear how this toy was different than the voyager ROTF retail release of Optimus Prime to this point.

Real Devastator has found a gallery of the toy so you can see the differences for yourself! Check it out here! Go ahead compare it to the U.S. ROTF voyager Optimus Prime release.

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby gingermoney » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:05 am

wow the difference is so blatantly obvious now .......... theres a sticker on the box
gingermoney
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby First-Aid » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:21 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
i would like to make a motion to rename the Voyager Prime mold as "Dead Horse"...

There are more repaints of this guy than there are Seeker repaints!
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Valandar » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:31 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
So... WHY are his windows gold?
Valandar
Gestalt
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:42 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Only difference I can see is the lack of Chinese symbols.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby ashe5k » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 am

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
still prefer the 1st film's Voyager Prime to this version.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Dagon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:56 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I so wish eHobby would concentrate on making repaints of good toys again and forget this movie trash.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Firepower: 10

Postby Alex Jones » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am

For me the Leader class Optimus Prime is worth the purchase if only if they came out with a more accurate Leader Megatron (like with wings). As to date, the Voyager Megatron seems a lot more screen accurate (sans color scheme) than the Leader version, in regards to its alt mode.
Alex Jones
Vehicon

Postby Warbreaker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Bah, what's so exclusive about a lack of the Shanghai characters? Anyone could easily acetone the characters off any ROTF voyager Prime and try to pass him off as a loose exclusive on eBay.

Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:For me the Leader class Optimus Prime is worth the purchase if only if they came out with a more accurate Leader Megatron (like with wings).

Baaaad idea. Leader-class Megatron may not be that popular, but Leader-class Optimus Prime is hands-down one of the shiniest gems of the ROTF line. Get gim, GET HIM NOW!!!!! Alternatively, you could wait for the Buster Prime so conveniently displayed long after many (including me) have gotten non-buster Prime. Thinking about it still pisses me off.
Last edited by Warbreaker on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Dagon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:46 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Warbreaker wrote:Bah, what's so exclusive about a lack of the Shanghai characters? Anyone could easily acetone the characters off any ROTF voyager Prime and try to pass him off as a loose exclusive on eBay.

Cha-CHING!!!
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Firepower: 10

Postby Warbreaker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:49 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Dagon wrote:
Warbreaker wrote:Bah, what's so exclusive about a lack of the Shanghai characters? Anyone could easily acetone the characters off any ROTF voyager Prime and try to pass him off as a loose exclusive on eBay.

Cha-CHING!!!

Exactly. Though personally, methinks that even if someone went ahead and did it the drab things would be largely ignored since there's hardly any 'exclusive' feel to them.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby starfish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:49 pm

So what's the difference between this and the regular Japanese version (seen here)?: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-hyper-hobby-magazine-scans/16410/
starfish
Combiner

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
starfish wrote:So what's the difference between this and the regular Japanese version (seen here)?: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-hyper-hobby-magazine-scans/16410/

There is no regular version. Our RotF Voyager Prime (sans Chinese) is an exclusive in Japan, period. Same goes for Swerve and Interrogator Barricade.

Thing is guys, as far as I can tell, the Japanese don't like repaints or re-releases unless it's exclusive to a store or site. Also, you're forgetting this is only the second use of the mold in Japan as both Robo-Vision and First Strike were never released there; those two had to be imported.

With that said, this is geared more towards Japanese collectors than us so they don't have to pay import prices.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
starfish wrote:So what's the difference between this and the regular Japanese version (seen here)?: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-hyper-hobby-magazine-scans/16410/

There is no regular version. Our RotF Voyager Prime (sans Chinese) is an exclusive in Japan, period. Same goes for Swerve and Interrogator Barricade.

Thing is guys, as far as I can tell, the Japanese don't like repaints or re-releases unless it's exclusive to a store or site. Also, you're forgetting this is only the second use of the mold in Japan as both Robo-Vision and First Strike were never released there; those two had to be imported.

With that said, this is geared more towards Japanese collectors than us so they don't have to pay import prices.

That's the reason why they don't have Universe Blades, Blaster, Dropshot... At least WE get something that they don't.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby starfish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 pm

So, the question is... how do I get one?

The Tokyo Toy fair has already finished, yes? So why aren't there any on ebay?

I know there'll probably be a few more floating around once e-hobby sell their share, but you'd think there'd be at least one copy on ebay, surely?

There's never a scalper around when you need one...
starfish
Combiner

Postby gingermoney » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:24 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

i may just have misunderstood but swerve and interrogator aren't japan exclusives
swerve has been spotted for sale in the u.s. and i know where i can buy interrogator barricade in u.s. packaging over the internet.
gingermoney
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
gingermoney wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

i may just have misunderstood but swerve and interrogator aren't japan exclusives
swerve has been spotted for sale in the u.s. and i know where i can buy interrogator barricade in u.s. packaging over the internet.
They're not exclusives TO Japan, they're exclusives IN Japan.

The U.S. has them available as regulars, while Japan has them available as exclusives. They both get them, but the U.S. gets a wide release of them, while Japan gets a limited release of them.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7

Postby Kibble » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Who's dumber, the jackass that comes up with the idea to "repaint" a figure with this little of a difference or the person that actually buys both versions?

On a side note, I can't wait for ROTF voyager class Green Eyes Optimus Prime to come out!
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby starfish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:09 am

Kibble wrote:Who's dumber, the jackass that comes up with the idea to "repaint" a figure with this little of a difference or the person that actually buys both versions?

On a side note, I can't wait for ROTF voyager class Green Eyes Optimus Prime to come out!

As someone who has all five versions of this mould thus far (and wants this one as well), I can safely say that, yes, it's we the completists who are by far the dumbest!

However, I like the idea of just buying a duplicate US toy and getting rid of the chinese writing with acetone or whatever. However, the writing on the hood overlaps the flames, and as far as I can tell there's no way of getting the writing off the hood without botching-up the painted-on flames.
starfish
Combiner

Postby Kibble » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm

I feel sorry for completists when they do crap like this. If I were a completists, toys like this would drive me nuts. As it is, it slightly annoys me, but I can take comfort in the fact that it's about the easiest pass there is. The only time it sucks is when it's not much different, but the latter one is the better of the two and you already purchased the first.

It's crap like this where I almost don't blame the jerks that return an old version in the new one's package
Kibble
City Commander

Postby starfish » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Kibble wrote:I feel sorry for completists when they do crap like this. If I were a completists, toys like this would drive me nuts. As it is, it slightly annoys me, but I can take comfort in the fact that it's about the easiest pass there is. The only time it sucks is when it's not much different, but the latter one is the better of the two and you already purchased the first.

It's crap like this where I almost don't blame the jerks that return an old version in the new one's package

Ha-ha! I know where you're coming from. The worst thing ever is when they package new repaints with figures I already own. I hate the fact that I have to buy an extra Rampage, Longarm and Breakaway just to get that box-set with the battle-damaged Sideways in it. Grrr!

To be fair though, Voyager Prime is a good mould. It may not be ultra-accurate to the movie, and it has that big backpack, but taken on its own merits, Voyager Prime is ultra poseable, has pretty good proportions, a fun transformation and some cool weapons. I don't mind it half as much if I'm buying a mould I actually like.

The problem comes when it's a mould I absolutely hate. It's going to be hard buying a third Fast Action Battler Starscream, that's for sure.
starfish
Combiner

Postby Kibble » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:07 pm

starfish wrote:To be fair though, Voyager Prime is a good mould. It may not be ultra-accurate to the movie, and it has that big backpack, but taken on its own merits, Voyager Prime is ultra poseable, has pretty good proportions, a fun transformation and some cool weapons. I don't mind it half as much if I'm buying a mould I actually like.

I like the fig, but have no use for most of the repaints. First Strike is understandable for the most part, but the rest a total waste. Maybe a Nemesis Prime repaint would be worth getting...
Kibble
City Commander

Postby starfish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 am

Kibble wrote:
starfish wrote:To be fair though, Voyager Prime is a good mould. It may not be ultra-accurate to the movie, and it has that big backpack, but taken on its own merits, Voyager Prime is ultra poseable, has pretty good proportions, a fun transformation and some cool weapons. I don't mind it half as much if I'm buying a mould I actually like.

I like the fig, but have no use for most of the repaints. First Strike is understandable for the most part, but the rest a total waste. Maybe a Nemesis Prime repaint would be worth getting...

Now that would be cool.

In other news, I finally bagged myself one of these Tokyo Primes from ebay. It came to about 30 GBP plus postage, which isn't bad considering a standard Voyager here in the UK retails for about 25 GBP. According to the description, the seller apparently queued up to buy it for himself, but then decided to sell it before even opening the box, because he thought it was identical to his US edition. He obviously didn't look hard enough, because his photo clearly shows it's the Japanese version.

It's great these Japanese exclusives are so easy to get - the only one I really had any trouble with was the metallic Legend Bumblebee from the first film.
starfish
Combiner

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "G2 JAZZ Transformers Legacy Evolution Walmart Universe Autobot Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
G2 JAZZ Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON