This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Nato-bot re-releasing classics Roadbuster upgrade?!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Nato-bot re-releasing classics Roadbuster upgrade?!

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Well seems I am getting one! Just got the confirmation e-mail from Nato-bot a few minutes ago! If anyone would like to, e-mail and see if you can get a pre-order in if you are interested and missed this 3rd party add-on kit the first time around!

*******************************************************************************************************

Nato Bot
to me

show details 12:07 AM (3 minutes ago)

Follow up message
Hi,
Thank you for sending the payment. Once we receive the payment and have shipped the order we will notify you by email.

--
Thank you,

Staff
http://www.natobot.com
*******************************************************************************************************
Last edited by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seibertron trading feedback:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=20397
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster
News Credits: 1

Re: Nato-bot re-releasing classics Roadbuster upgrade?!

Postby Mkall » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Seibertron.com member OPTIMUS MAGNUS has just received an invoice for a preoder for Nto-Bot's Upgrade of Universe Roadbuster, which contains a new head-sculpt, a handgun and a shoulder cannon. This lead to the question; Is there another run of these kits?

Here is a response to this query from Nato-Bot
Due to an overwhelming response to our waiting list, we decided to do another production run of our NWS-02RB set. So some of the waiting list orders we were able to process due to left overs from our original production run and the rest from our second run. We are glad you liked the set.

So it seems that if you have been on the waiting list for this set, you shall be receiving invoices soon.

For more details on this set, including a full gallery, click here. For a review of this set, click here.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Lol, awesome dude. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Guess I was just stoked I am getting one. I thought these were long gone.
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Weapon: Sword
A few weeks ago I got an invoice for one too, even though I already have one. I just told him it was a duplicate and he apologized. Apparently he is or was selling them again.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???
Skill: 10+

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:23 am

I hope he does another run...
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:41 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I hear the quality is pretty **** and you have to clean the set and sandpaper it down before it looks good.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Electron » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 am

got mine ages ago, left ear feel off cause there wasnt enough glue to hold it on, and i snapped a bit of plastic on his gun (not the big one) overall pretty cool and lovin it

Sledge wrote:Electron's the kind of guy who, when he realises the waiter is waiting for a tip, would whisper in his ear "Never eat yellow snow."
Electron
Gestalt
News Credits: 8

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah, I can't wait to get it. I have heard good reviews for the set as well. Besides, I love Roadbuster and I really want a G1-esqe Universe version. The set changes the figure so well IMO.
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster

Postby Mkall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
It's been confirmed and news'd.

Thanks!

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Sweet! Thanks Mkall....broke my news reporting cherry :oops: :lol:
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 pm

Weapon: Sword
Dead Metal wrote:I hear the quality is pretty **** and you have to clean the set and sandpaper it down before it looks good.

I wouldn't call it ****, but the plastic is a bit rough. It does not have the luster of a factory produced piece but I didn't expect that either. I put mine on and did not sand it. I really did not notice it much until you brought it up. Yes it could be better quality, but it is still a lot better than having a straight repaint with the old head sculpt.

p.s. The plastic does look better (shiner) in the photo than in person.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:05 pm

Dang, didn't Hot Shot have enough fire power on this mold?

He's got missiles on his legs for crying out loud! Not to mention an extra arm dagger/sword. lol
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby --B-- » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I sent them an email yesterday afternoon to make certain I was on the waiting list. Not only did they respond overnight, they verified the date that I sent the email asking to be on the waiting list. It was 03/03/09, well after they had "sold out" the pre-orders, and they said they hope to send me and invoice by next week.

So if you got yourself on the waiting list, you are probably good to go.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Jenus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:29 am

Motto: ""Advice is a privilege not a right.""
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Dead Metal wrote:I hear the quality is pretty **** and you have to clean the set and sandpaper it down before it looks good.

Yes, this set is a pretty poopy set. I was sent the set back in may and I opened up the package to see both the gun and top head piece was broken. I let the Natobot know about the issue and they sent me another one earlier this month and the gun was fine but the top head piece was broken again. I told them it had happened again and they said sorry we can't do anything so I had to glue the head together which it looks a little crappy now. Another thing is the particle cannon you have to glue it together so it will stay together.

I was planning on buying the Animated Prime Axe, but if this is their quality forget it.
"Credit goes to Samsonator for this awesome sig"
Jenus
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Buy from Jenus on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Kenny28 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 am

Man, along with lack of money at the time, I didn't pick up Roadbuster because of his head....and here we go!
Kenny28
Minibot

Postby Nightwalker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

Somehow he reminds me of Rhinox.... :-?
Nightwalker
Minibot

Postby nato-bot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:45 am

Jenus wrote:

Yes, this set is a pretty poopy set. I was sent the set back in may and I opened up the package to see both the gun and top head piece was broken. I let the Natobot know about the issue and they sent me another one earlier this month and the gun was fine but the top head piece was broken again. I told them it had happened again and they said sorry we can't do anything so I had to glue the head together which it looks a little crappy now. Another thing is the particle cannon you have to glue it together so it will stay together.
it.

I wonder who you contacted about replacing the second head. I don't recall ever denying anyone replacement parts.

I have made some major improvements to the molds since the first few sets came out. No, the parts aren't perfect, there are tool marks that make the surface a little rough. But I have always advertised these as "garage grade kits". Which to most collectors who know about model kits would know means they will probably need at least a little work done on them to make them look prefect. I have a set, unaltered, on my Roadbuster right now. The pictures on the website were of an unaltered set, and there was no photoshopping done to the images. The roughness of the texture is barely perceivable (especial if all you're going to do is put it on a shelf somewhere and look at it from 5 feet away). If you don't like it it can be sanded. I've sold hundreds of these things and you're the first two that I've heard of expressing dissatisfaction.

I'm sorry if your disappointed. If something came broken, I'll replace it. But really that's what shipping insurance is for, it leaves my hands unbroken, packed in two layers of bubble rap, in a sturdy USPS Priority box (a method proven hundreds of times to be an adequate conveyance). If the item comes to you broken and you haven't payed for the insurance then it really isn't my fault, but still I ship new parts no questions asked (as I said, I don't recall ever not doing so). What more do you want?

Nate
Last edited by nato-bot on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nato-bot
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:56 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
nato-bot wrote:Snip.

Would you be able to tell us the size of the second production run and approximately how many more sets you will have available?

Thank you!
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby nato-bot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Counterpunch wrote:

Would you be able to tell us the size of the second production run and approximately how many more sets you will have available?

Thank you!

Sorry for being snippy. I've tried to be as honest as I can be about my products. I've never said they were going to be Hasbro quality. It's a little upsetting to see people call something "****" when I've put literally thousands of hours of my own time and tens-of-thousands of my own dollars into it, and even if you remove the money I've spent from the equation I still won't be making minimum wage on the time I've spent producing it (if you do enter the money I've spent, I've actually lost a lot of money). I know it's not any of your fault for this, but I wrote it so you might understand my snippyness. Again I apologize.

I'll be making about another 200 units.
nato-bot
Mini-Con

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
nato-bot wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Thank you!

Sorry for being snippy. I've tried to be as honest as I can be about my products. I've never said they were going to be Hasbro quality. It's a little upsetting to see people call something "****" when I've put literally thousands of hours of my own time and tens-of-thousands of my own dollars into it, and even if you remove the money I've spent from the equation I still won't be making minimum wage on the time I've spent producing it (if you do enter the money I've spent, I've actually lost a lot of money). I know it's not any of your fault for this, but I wrote it so you might understand my snippyness. Again I apologize.

I'll be making about another 200 units.

Actually, I heard good things about the set and was sorry I didn't pre-order earlier...

::Hopes to make one of the 200..::
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:35 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
nato-bot wrote:
Jenus wrote:

it.

I wonder who you contacted about replacing the second head. I don't recall ever denying anyone replacement parts.

I have made some major improvements to the molds since the first few sets came out. No, the parts aren't perfect, there are tool marks that make the surface a little rough. But I have always advertised these as "garage grade kits". Which to most collectors who know about model kits would know means they will probably need at least a little work done on them to make them look prefect. I have a set, unaltered, on my Roadbuster right now. The pictures on the website were of an unaltered set, and there was no photoshopping done to the images. The roughness of the texture is barely perceivable (especial if all you're going to do is put it on a shelf somewhere and look at it from 5 feet away). If you don't like it it can be sanded. I've sold hundreds of these things and you're the first two that I've heard of expressing dissatisfaction.

I'm sorry if your disappointed. If something came broken, I'll replace it. But really that's what shipping insurance is for, it leaves my hands unbroken, packed in two layers of bubble rap, in a sturdy USPS Priority box (a method proven hundreds of times to be an adequate conveyance). If the item comes to you broken and you haven't payed for the insurance then it really isn't my fault, but still I ship new parts no questions asked (as I said, I don't recall ever not doing so). What more do you want?

Nate

I don't have your set, that's why I stated that I heard it was ****. That's what I read on tfw, some dude posted photos of it stating he had to sand it down to get the detail right and then a couple of others stated that it was bad. But I don't care for the set anyway as I don't have the toy but I do like your Animated Prime axe which I hope you make more of.
And I know how hard it is making this set, I've tried making an alternate head for Universe Blaster and stopped as I thought it was too much work for something that looked sup-par.
That you even made such an upgrade with such awesome weapons is rather cool.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby nato-bot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 pm

I meant no personal offense to anyone. I'm sorry. If anyone has problems with their kit, let me know and I'll do my best to help.
nato-bot
Mini-Con

Postby OPTIMUS MAGNUS » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:07 am

Well I cant WAIT to get my set. From the pictures it looks pretty damn awesome for a 3rd party kit made and produced by one dude. Nato should have my money now so I am excited about receiving it and transforming a failed Universe Roadbuster into a WIN universe Roadbuster!
OPTIMUS MAGNUS
Targetmaster

Postby Jenus » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 am

Motto: ""Advice is a privilege not a right.""
Weapon: Neptune Sword
nato-bot wrote:
Jenus wrote:Yes, this set is a pretty poopy set. I was sent the set back in may and I opened up the package to see both the gun and top head piece was broken. I let the Natobot know about the issue and they sent me another one earlier this month and the gun was fine but the top head piece was broken again. I told them it had happened again and they said sorry we can't do anything so I had to glue the head together which it looks a little crappy now. Another thing is the particle cannon you have to glue it together so it will stay together.
it.

Nate

Sorry for what I said, but I did not know this was a garage grade kit. I know that I did not add insurance on the package and I'm sure it is USPS fault and did not mean to blame you I was just frustrated with what was going on. I'm sure you are the one I contacted when asking about another head piece. I am not going to worry about it now because the issue of it most likely not being your fault I just have to ament to myself that it is my own for not adding insurance. Again sorry. :oops:
"Credit goes to Samsonator for this awesome sig"
Jenus
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Buy from Jenus on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Sid Burn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:54 am

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
Dead Metal wrote:That you even made such an upgrade with such awesome weapons is rather cool.

This I will agree with, I ordered two sets from the original run of these so my roadbuster could be a dual wielding maxed out bad ass. I was quite happy with the set, makes roadbuster look like a worthwhile addition to the classics line up rather than a repainted BC springer.

Ratcheting action on the big rifles is very cool

side note, Dead Metal, I am begging you to change your avatar pic. Not sure if it is you or someone else but I am tired of looking at that screaming head in every thread. no offense intended.
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ZE 1:15 Foil Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249147 3ZE Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZH 1:15 FOC foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN247378 2ZH (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #1 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics JUL231104 1C Rodriguez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240106 2B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics FEB230375 3B (CA)Balboni"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe MASTERVERSE #4 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics MAR230301 4B MOTU Lopez"
Masters Universe M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240189 3B (CA) Parrillo (W) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr N 1:15 action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240201 3N"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr K FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230214 1K (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr J Blank Authentix (White) Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230212 1J"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr G FOIL Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230210 1G (CA) Nakayama"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr L FOIL virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230215 1L (CA) Parrillo"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr C Dark Horse Comics OCT231207 4C (CA)Ossio"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr W 1:50 FOIL VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230226 1W (CA) Tao"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON