This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shrek the Third Trailer different than the other two!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Shrek the Third Trailer different than the other two!

Postby Shinobi Rendar » Fri May 18, 2007 4:20 am

Here's the Report:

I just swung by a 10PM showing of Shrek 3 that's happening in a few very limited theaters around the US. I stuck around only to rewatch the same trailer that we posted earlier on a big screen - or so I thought! What I saw was a take on the newer “international" trailer with a much different set of scenes and plenty of changes! Given I was shocked to see so many changes I can't describe all of them, but I'll tell you the ones that stuck out in my mind.

Here's the major changes I can remember:

» It was a lot more flashy, with more quick shots of all kinds of Transformers. It cut a lot of the longer scenes in the other trailer and was much more flashy and quick.

» There was more with Blackout (the helicopter) fighting at the base and then showing Scorponok jump off his back and into the ground (part of the scene I saw at ShoWest).

» It showed a bit of Optimus Prime on the side of a building jumping off in mid-air during a fight (reminded me of Spider-Man 2).

» It had the little Transformer guy under the seat that's been in the TV spots (with that same scene).

» There was an awesome scene where Optimus Prime was driving in truck from and I guess got T-boned from the side and then the truck starts rolling on its side and coming towards the camera then you see it start to transform in mid-air as it flies into the camera.

» There was another bit from a scene at ShoWest where Optimus is at Shia's house and he has told them to hide from his parents, and his dad is walking down a hall and you can see Optimus through a window outside and right as his dad turns to look (cause he “thought" he saw something), Optimus darts away from the window out of sight. It also does have the same ending bit from the international trailer.

» The fight where Bonecrusher skates up into the bus and breaks it in half, in this new trailer, it cuts right before he event hits the bus and goes to some other scene (and doesn't show the rest of that fight). It also never shows the part where the army has captured Bumblebee on the highway and Shia is yelling at him, I think. But it does show the part where Megan Fox says “I'll drive, you shoot" and scenes with Bumblebee shooting off the back.

» There's no “Bring It!" from Tyrese Gibson anymore, and Starscream (the plane) only does his transformation in-flight once (where he does it twice in this trailer).

» The first 30 seconds are pretty much the same, the intro with Shia getting his car, but then when it gets into the montage and for the last minute it's completely different sets of scenes and new footage! I first noticed it was way different when it didn't show the fireball from space hit the stadium…

That's all the changes I remember for now. It was WAY different and definitely well worth seeing, as there was so much new stuff! I'm always intrigued when they pull something like this, it's such an expansive bit of marketing with at least three different trailers, if not more. Saw III did a stunt like this where it said “Hello" and the name of the city where you were (e.g. New York, San Francisco, or if you weren't in a big city, just “America") in its trailers.

We'll update you once a full descriptions comes through or another version pops up online, but for now you're just going to have to take one for the team and brave your way through Shrek 3 to catch this trailer, too!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/18/ ... different/

--------------------------------

Sounds awesome 8)
Click sig!
Shinobi Rendar
News Staff
News Credits: 88

Postby Mulla » Fri May 18, 2007 4:42 am

Another trailer!? Great news!

Can't wait to see it.
Mulla
Vehicon
News Credits: 12

Postby lilcarus » Fri May 18, 2007 4:52 am

interesting....i cant wait :grin:
lilcarus
Minibot

Postby jonusjaxon » Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 am

Great. There's going to be like 20 different trailers like Spider-Man 3 had.
jonusjaxon
Minibot

Postby Calenatarion » Fri May 18, 2007 6:09 am

I'm not really a Shrek fan, so I hope this trailer will be out on the net soon. I don't want to go to the cinema for this trailer.
Calenatarion
Vehicon
News Credits: 322

Postby sparkofchaos » Fri May 18, 2007 6:35 am

boy if we continue to study the trailers like this we are gonna lose alot of surprises in the movie.
sparkofchaos
Micromaster

Postby King Grimrob » Fri May 18, 2007 7:26 am

hmm... less violent edition maybe?
King Grimrob
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Roboto750 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:14 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Thank Primus Gibson's "Bring It!" is out of this trailer! I'm getting real sick of hearing that in every slaggin' trailer and TV spot! Same goes for that scene of Skorponok.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Optimus_julio » Fri May 18, 2007 12:29 pm

to bad a freaking post the link like 20 times and everybody complain about it .... you can see it in google videos !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Optimus_julio
Micromaster

Postby Optimus_julio » Fri May 18, 2007 12:30 pm

Optimus_julio
Micromaster

Postby Leonardo » Fri May 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Why do you keep posting links multiple times?
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby KoZoTo » Fri May 18, 2007 1:10 pm

Can someone clairify this?
KoZoTo
Mini-Con

Postby wtf317 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm

No...I think it's the same one we saw on Cybertron Philippines,just different subtitles
wtf317
Mini-Con

Postby KoZoTo » Fri May 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Thats not it but I think its true, because when I watched the new hd trailer, its said "trailer 4"
KoZoTo
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1B GI JOE 1023IM260 (CA) Aja (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Baroness Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 0124IM890 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
DUKE #2 2nd ptg Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero SERPENTOR UNCOILED One-Shot IDW Comics 2021 231113"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
NEW!
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM465 6B (CA) Ward (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #301 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM857 (CA) Pansica"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 JUN230377 3C (CA) Mali (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM892 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Lord Golobulus Image Comics 1223IM856 Howard"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 SEP221682 300D (CA) McKeown"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON