This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO Answers Your Questions From July

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: HASBRO Answers Your Questions From July

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Those questions were lame. I could have answered them all without ever being a Hasbro exec...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Mkall wrote:
joevill wrote:
1)"...the Japansese and the U.S. markets each have their own individual needs, thus requiring the development of specific product to meet these needs.

So they are basically saying the Japanese market have a need better product than the US market?

Not quite. Here in N America. Transformers are seen only as a toy by 98% of the population, and thus that is what they get. Very few people would shell out 50 bucks for a transforming 2GB USB stick that turns into Ravage while they could get a 16 GB stick for 20 bucks. Thus transformers are sold to kids at prices their parents might pay. If they have to sacrifice some quality for that price point, then so be it.

Japan sees Transformers more like a collector's item, and such they are aimed at an older audiance with higher standards and more expendible money

Oh I get it. So the Japanese market DO need a better product than the US market.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Kibble » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
So are the questions from the other sites going to be posted or linked to in this thread?
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
NuclearConvoy wrote:Those questions were lame. I could have answered them all without ever being a Hasbro exec...

No you couldn't.

Swindle and several other figures from the first movie game were given figures. With at least the first question, the final answer to whether or not the second game characters would have figures was answered.

That was a clear and entirely new answer.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Convotron » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'm just happy to see some of the answers we're getting. While you never can guarantee things will go as planned, hearing certain things like the confirmation of the end of the Universe line saves me from futile hoping while the statement of:

"...the design intentions behind the Universe line, such as reimagining our heritage characters, will continue in some form or fashion in the future."

makes me happy to know that continued plans for homages are still in the works.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Those questions were lame. I could have answered them all without ever being a Hasbro exec...

No you couldn't.

Swindle and several other figures from the first movie game were given figures. With at least the first question, the final answer to whether or not the second game characters would have figures was answered.

That was a clear and entirely new answer.

To be fair, when I posted my answer it was directly from the front page about the August answers and I didn't know it related directly back to this thread.
I was expecting video game characters as well, this go around.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Nemesis Rodimus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:29 pm

Motto: ""I will do for Optimus Primal what Optimus Primal cannot do for himself.""
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
That's it. I must know! When will the new show come out?!? Next Q&A session, I am asking this question, along with a question about Animated, Universe, and future plans. I'm sick of Hasbro only saying things about their precious ROTF! I'm not upset at them, I mean, it is the current line, but I want to know about the future! The movie is over, so let's move on and get the new channel and cartoon on the air. Channel 101 on my TV, I believe. I have meorized it so that the very instant we find out anything about the show, I can know where to turn when it airs. I want airdates, characters, images, amounts of seasons, and episodes in seasons. All in good time, of course. :grin:
My fanfics:
Undercover: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58744
Invasion: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59170
Prison Break: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Battlefield Tactics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Nemesis Rodimus
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby DMSL » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Please tell Hasbro that i want the following figures:

Movie Leader Class Blackout
Movie Voyager Class Scrapper
Movie Voyager Class High Tower

Classic Deluxe Class Blitzwing
Classic Deluxe Class Brawn
Classic Deluxe Class Huffer
Classic Deluxe Class Jazz
Classic Deluxe Class Powerglide
Classic Deluxe Class Scourge
Classic Deluxe Class Wheeljack
Classic Voyager Class Galvatron

I'd be very happy if these saw the light of day.

:grin:
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Mkall » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Next set of questions will be sent in sometime in october, so hold your horses kiddies. We'll be putting up a thread when the time draws nearer

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:23 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Convotron wrote:I'm just happy to see some of the answers we're getting. While you never can guarantee things will go as planned, hearing certain things like the confirmation of the end of the Universe line saves me from futile hoping while the statement of:

"...the design intentions behind the Universe line, such as reimagining our heritage characters, will continue in some form or fashion in the future."

I believe that this means, like the GI JOE line, they will have all movie product on the shelf, but will repaint figures from older series into G1 selves or other homages, like Crasher, Crackcase, etc. Even though they are in the movie line, they would basically be considered classics/universe figures. These will be few and far between and probably limited to store exclusives, but still there.

Another example would be ROTF Superion, and Bruticus. G1 coloring and names (mostly), but ROTF line.

It's always so nice to have the support of posters on the site when you try to do something for them. Really you could answer the Human Alliance question from HASBRO's POV for sure? I don't think so. You can tell us if HASBRO might put some of the TakaraTomy items for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com, I'm impressed! And you knew they would tell us nothing about Universe/Classics 3.0 even though that is all people are clamoring to hear more about (see posts below). :-B Save me some trouble, start a thread and have people ask you the questions... I'll spend my time elsewhere.

I will be looking for your name and questions at the end of September, make them good ones... :wink:
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Firepower: 8

Postby tyranus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 pm

asking hasbro questions at this point, isn't going to help anyway.
it all boils down to, all hasbro is going to do is churn out more and more re-paints, retools, and old figures, in ROTF packages. new figures cost money to make, and hasbro would rather cut cost, then give us what we want.
tyranus
Mini-Con

Postby Heckfire » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
*coughcoughCOPOUTcough*
Sorry, allergies...
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:29 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
tyranus wrote:asking hasbro questions at this point, isn't going to help anyway.
it all boils down to, all hasbro is going to do is churn out more and more re-paints, retools, and old figures, in ROTF packages. new figures cost money to make, and hasbro would rather cut cost, then give us what we want.

You didn't see the figs they showed off at SDCC did you?

All new figs and molds there.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8

Postby skywarp-2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:02 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:
Convotron wrote:I'm just happy to see some of the answers we're getting. While you never can guarantee things will go as planned, hearing certain things like the confirmation of the end of the Universe line saves me from futile hoping while the statement of:

I believe that this means, like the GI JOE line, they will have all movie product on the shelf, but will repaint figures from older series into G1 selves or other homages, like Crasher, Crackcase, etc. Even though they are in the movie line, they would basically be considered classics/universe figures. These will be few and far between and probably limited to store exclusives, but still there.

Another example would be ROTF Superion, and Bruticus. G1 coloring and names (mostly), but ROTF line.

It's always so nice to have the support of posters on the site when you try to do something for them. Really you could answer the Human Alliance question from HASBRO's POV for sure? I don't think so. You can tell us if HASBRO might put some of the TakaraTomy items for sale on Hasbrotoyshop.com, I'm impressed! And you knew they would tell us nothing about Universe/Classics 3.0 even though that is all people are clamoring to hear more about (see posts below). :-B Save me some trouble, start a thread and have people ask you the questions... I'll spend my time elsewhere.

I will be looking for your name and questions at the end of September, make them good ones... :wink:

don't worry about the Negatives...

sure the July questions sucked.. but hey we are all human, and we don't always make good decisions, even in mass...so in mass submissions we all failed..

but these August answers and questions are great...they answer what we wanted to know to some degree.. and I for one am glad to know that the classics/Universe is dead..why? because I now know that they will still strive to release updated G-1 and such figures in their future lines..

so great Job on both July and August! :APPLAUSE:

we just need to ask better questions as a community and let what we can readily answer become a seibertron.com thread or sticky..
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
http://capitalcomicsstudios.deviantart.com/
http://time-lord-rassilon.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/vi ... 27&t=56030
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
News Credits: 5

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 am

tigertracks 24 wrote:

They're the same answers we've gotten before, or they are answers that really don't take much effort to think through from a business perspective. Hasbro has been, since at least 2004, very reticent to bring over product developed exclusively for the Japanese market by Takara (see Robot Masters, Music Label, Sports Label). Any new product, like Human Alliance, needs to be guaged as to popularity and success before they would even think about moving it further than the mega-marketing push that is RotF (and the same answer would likely be given for GravityBots as well, though I don't see anybody caring much for them at all) and Hasbro has pretty much blatantly said before that Classics/Universe would be dead during the foreseable future while the movie line is running and that they like the idea and might bring it back in some way in the future (which they pretty much said at the time of the first film as well), and have been reluctant to say anything more than "its dead, but we will always return to making new toys based on our 'heritage characters'". Furthermore, ever sin ce the movie line kicked up, Hasbro has become even more tight lipped and unwilling to share information, which makes their lawyer approved statements all the more predictable. Sure the fandom and the message boards are clamouring for answers to certain questions, but that doesn't mean that those answers aren't going to be predictable or, frankly, already answered in some form beforehand.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby skywarp-2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 pm

these were the questions on tfw2005.. I didn't know about the new communications deal.. the way they answered our questions seemed vague..

1. When will we hear about the new line / cartoon coming out after Revenge of the Fallen?

As you can imagine, TRANSFORMERS is a very important brand for Hasbro and we continue to look for new ways to bring the story to our fan base. Hasbro is looking forward to delivering exciting new content to kids and fans through our recently announced joint venture with Discovery Communications. We're excited to share this news with you and look forward to doing so when we have more specifics to share but it is still very early in the process to discuss what direction the entertainment will take. Stay tuned for future announcements.

2. Would Hasbro be willing to sell Takara-Tomy Transformer products such as Henkei/encore figures to the collector's market in the United States similar to what Takara does with their "USA Edition" figures such as Universe powerglide/Masterpiece Starscream?

As we have done in the past, we make sure to release those Takara-Tomy developed products that make sense for the U.S. market.

3. The large sized Robot Heroes toys (The Fallen, Demolishor, Devastator) in giftsets are a big success. Any plans on giving us G1-style large Robot Heroes (Unicron and Devastator were mentioned in last years Botcon) in 2010?

We do not have any plans to do any G1-style large Robot Heroes at this point in time.

so what do you guys think?? I think they don't know what they are going to do for a new series past ROTF...
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I think they want to suck us all dry before we see what's new and stop buying ROTF in favor of saving for the new.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Firepower: 8

Postby skywarp-2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:I think they want to suck us all dry before we see what's new and stop buying ROTF in favor of saving for the new.

QFT
skywarp-2
Faction Commander

Postby Kibble » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
skywarp-2 wrote:these were the questions on tfw2005.. I didn't know about the new communications deal.. the way they answered our questions seemed vague..

1. When will we hear about the new line / cartoon coming out after Revenge of the Fallen?

As you can imagine, TRANSFORMERS is a very important brand for Hasbro and we continue to look for new ways to bring the story to our fan base. Hasbro is looking forward to delivering exciting new content to kids and fans through our recently announced joint venture with Discovery Communications. We're excited to share this news with you and look forward to doing so when we have more specifics to share but it is still very early in the process to discuss what direction the entertainment will take. Stay tuned for future announcements.

2. Would Hasbro be willing to sell Takara-Tomy Transformer products such as Henkei/encore figures to the collector's market in the United States similar to what Takara does with their "USA Edition" figures such as Universe powerglide/Masterpiece Starscream?

As we have done in the past, we make sure to release those Takara-Tomy developed products that make sense for the U.S. market.

3. The large sized Robot Heroes toys (The Fallen, Demolishor, Devastator) in giftsets are a big success. Any plans on giving us G1-style large Robot Heroes (Unicron and Devastator were mentioned in last years Botcon) in 2010?

We do not have any plans to do any G1-style large Robot Heroes at this point in time.

so what do you guys think?? I think they don't know what they are going to do for a new series past ROTF...

And "we" thought "our" questions we just so-so...either that or the answers were just really bland.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #304 Cvr B Image Comics 1223IM281 304B (CA) Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #53 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010O"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #68 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A/CA) Turner 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010L"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #282 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210449 282B Williams II"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 302B 1023IM318 (CA)Kubert"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 231010H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON