This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Upcoming galleries: Bruticus and Ruination molds

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:28 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Skowl wrote:I've read conflicting accounts on whether this set is urban-camo or arctic camo... your guess is as good as mine.

I picked arctic since it seems like it's the one most associated with this site... and it's a cool word to spell, one I don't get a chance to type very often.

EDIT: oh, and also this set kicks ass and is the best repaint of Bruticus. If I was rich and had a house, I would get one of my own.

I see your point about the camo thing.

I agree about this being the best repaint of Bruticus. I'm disappointed that I'd actually lose the weapons to these figures (the day I first bought it from Wal-Mart, no less), but I'm over it because I can use that double-barreled gun as a weapon and this guy can use the Star Saber/Energon Saber molds as weapons if I felt like setting it up that way.

PS: Keep up the great work, Ryan!
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Seibertron » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.

Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.

Arctic camo is a Target exclusive (hence the figure in the Target bag at the beginning of the gallery) and the Urban Camo is a Walmart exclusive (hence the figure in the Walmart bag at the beginning of the gallery).

Sincerely,
Information Overload Ryan
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Skowl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Updated with Ryan's galleries of the bots who started it all, the Generation 1 Combaticons!

Great job with all the photos Ryan, this must have been one tough job, taking the same photos of what is basically the same figure over, and over, and over...

... and over...
Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Postby Darksong » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 pm

Ya know what I REALLY love about G1 combiners...? ALL THE LIMBS WERE DIFFERENT!
Darksong
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:11 pm

Hey Ryan, is this the last of the variants?

Good choice if it is, you know, being the first and all.

By the way, great job keeping these galleries unique.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Seibertron wrote:
shortround wrote:Amazing I didn't know there were that many version of him.

There's actually one more version from the Japanese exclusive "Operation: Combination" series in 1992 (?) called Battle Gaia. The Autobot version was a repainted Defensor called "Guard City". Both sets are pretty expensive nowadays and I haven't decided to invest in them yet. From what I've seen, Battle Gaia and Guard City go anywhere from $700 to $1400 each. I'm not willing to spend that much on repaints just yet, even though I think they both look really cool and love their box artwork!

I know it's sacrelige, but you can score a knock off City Defender and Battle Gaia and most of the discount stores in my area.

I know your going for authentinc Has/Tak product, but for $6, you could get then just to show the collor difference, than have all your real bots kill them.

Why, every war needs casualties, and for $6, I can't even count how many City Defenders, Constructors, Supeerions(I know), and Battle Gaia's have fallen in my battles.

The only set I haven't gotten and offed yet is the Menasaur knock off. A, beacuse it's half Computron, and B, I never had MotorMaster, and I don't want a cheesey set ruining for me a Bot that I've been waiting a long time to get.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Seibertron » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:23 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:Hey Ryan, is this the last of the variants?

Good choice if it is, you know, being the first and all.

By the way, great job keeping these galleries unique.

That's the last Bruticus gallery. I've still got to launch the G1 Aerialbots later tonight or tomorrow. I've been doing spring cleaning for a while. As you can imagine from all of the galleries I've been doing, I amassed quite a pile of boxes that needed to be compacted and the insides thrown away. Sadly, to make more room I even compacted all of Takara's Beast Wars reissue boxes :( as well as some of the BW Neo and BW2 and all of the Star Wars TF boxes. This is the first time I've ever compacted Japanese packaging before. I generally keep all of their boxes so that I can put the figures back in but since I've been doing the galleries it seems the figures never go pack in their packaging anymore so what's the point when I'm running out of room?
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby metalformer » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 pm

Motto: ""Life is an Eternal War for Survival!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
These threads should be called "Operation: Overkill" because of the insane amount of picturs this have! I am barelly going through the first batch of pic from one gallery, when BAM! There six are more galleries to go to, not counting the remaining five of the first one. But I am not complaining because I just LOVE the Combaticons (and "clones") and I am willing to put throught his ordeal! ^^

I love the original set but i do agree that the arctic-camo team is just too great. I love it just because of the color scheme and the uniformity in colors. I don't mind having a shuttle on the mix with what would regularly be "odd colors" because I see it as a "special mini-shuttle designed to be launched from arctic regions". This alone can give meaning to Onslaught's base mode which can be like one of those Patriot missile launchers trucks! ^^[/b]
metalformer
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:37 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Skowl wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:
muswp1 wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Was this a stoer exclusive? I never saw this guy. Wish i did i really want him. Thats the best one since the G1 colors.

Wal-Mart exclusive about four years ago or so.

The last two were both Wal-Mart exclusive. The newest gallery was after Armada began I think (because it was one of a few figures that were still considered RID, but had Armada packaging because that was the main line when they were released).

Is it really Arctic-Camo though, or urban? I always thought arctic was blues on white, and urban was black and white on gray. I've always considered the RID gift pack Ruination to be urban-camo. Just my opinion though.

I'm still glad I passed on what I consider the Tiger Force Ruination (which was what I was talking about last time). I'm glad I got RID set though. Lost the weapons to it (except for the ramp and double-barreled gun that would be on Mega-Octane's back).

I've read conflicting accounts on whether this set is urban-camo or arctic camo... your guess is as good as mine.

I picked arctic since it seems like it's the one most associated with this site... and it's a cool word to spell, one I don't get a chance to type very often.

EDIT: oh, and also this set kicks ass and is the best repaint of Bruticus. If I was rich and had a house, I would get one of my own.

If you were in the snow would you want all white or gray,white, and black cammo? Thats urban camo. Acroding to all the new swat and military games its urban. If the gray was replaced with white then it would be the old artic camo.
The one you call urban is a desert variant.

Now i know why i never found this one. There was no target by me when this came out. Guess thats why i got the wallmart desert camo one.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:09 am

That's what's confusing about these 2 sets. There's 3 different names and no one can decide which one is which. Someone a couple of years ago corrected me when I called the tan colored one "Desert Camo" and told me that was Urban camo and that the white one, hence "snow", was "arctic" camo. To be honest, I'm really confused now because Megatron_Wolf's logic makes a great deal of sense. So is it Urban camo and Desert camo instead of Arctic Camo and Urban Camo?
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:02 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:That's what's confusing about these 2 sets. There's 3 different names and no one can decide which one is which. Someone a couple of years ago corrected me when I called the tan colored one "Desert Camo" and told me that was Urban camo and that the white one, hence "snow", was "arctic" camo. To be honest, I'm really confused now because Megatron_Wolf's logic makes a great deal of sense. So is it Urban camo and Desert camo instead of Arctic Camo and Urban Camo?

The gray,black,and white one is urban and the tan,orange,black one is Desert.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAD BOLT Transformers Universe Voyager complete + instructions 2008 230920A"
TREAD BOLT Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classics Universe Animated Legends 2008 230615A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINDSET Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2011 230920A"
MINDSET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON