This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits $400Mil at the Domestic Box Office!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits $400Mil at the Domestic Box Office!

Postby GetterDragun » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:54 pm

According to http://www.boxofficemojo.com, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has broken the $400 Million dollar mark at the domestic Box Office with an estimated $400,437,000, one of nine movies in history to do this. World wide, the movie has made almost $830 Million dollars.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits $400Mil at the Domestic Box Office!

Postby YRQRM0 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:04 pm

BEAST!! :APPLAUSE:
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits $400Mil at the Domestic Box Office!

Postby shonenfan4 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Nice that ROTF made film history :APPLAUSE: Let's all celebrate by each fan buying 1 Wheelie to clear the pegwarmers in stores. :P
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Pontimax 01 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:04 pm

Suprising at this point considering how few theaters it's still in. But I won't argue with $$$.
Pontimax 01
Headmaster

Postby Hard Hacker » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:06 pm

As I've never learned the value of money, as evidenced by my hobby, I beseech you:

Is that a lot?
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
This calls for a celebratory figure!
Oh wait. I'm broke.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby SoooTrypticon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 am

Motto: "If it can't transform into a dinosaur, burn it with lasers."
Weapon: Laser Cannon
Actually it's one of the 68 films to have broken the 400 million mark- of which it is second to last, beating only "Lady and the Tramp." Transformers 2 still has yet to beat such box office giants as "Tootsie" and "My Fair Lady." An accomplishment to be sure- but nothing all that special. Maybe if it makes more money than those other movies, ("Back to the Future," "Batman," "Lord of the Rings...")- it'll suddenly become a better film.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
I'm not angry... I just hate most things.
SoooTrypticon
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Ravage Eject » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 am

I snagged a leader class bulkhead as my celebratopry figure....can't beat $20 for a pricetag on a leader :grin: !

"Even in death there is NO command but MINE!" -Megatron
Ravage Eject
Mini-Con

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:50 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Ravage Eject wrote:I snagged a leader class bulkhead as my celebratopry figure....can't beat $20 for a pricetag on a leader :grin: !

Ultra Magnus was 15$ at robotkingdom :grin:
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 am

SoooTrypticon wrote:Actually it's one of the 68 films to have broken the 400 million mark- of which it is second to last, beating only "Lady and the Tramp." Transformers 2 still has yet to beat such box office giants as "Tootsie" and "My Fair Lady." An accomplishment to be sure- but nothing all that special. Maybe if it makes more money than those other movies, ("Back to the Future," "Batman," "Lord of the Rings...")- it'll suddenly become a better film.

That's adjusted for inflation, not actual ticket sales.

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Buttz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:20 pm

You guys are celebrating that some awful human beings (Michael Bay and Lorenzo DiBonaventura especially) whose only loves are themselves and money have just made more money. And how do you celebrate it? By putting some of the money you've actually EARNED by performing WORK into the pockets of people with no actual skills other than being professional a**holes.
Buttz
Micromaster

Postby shonenfan4 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 pm

Buttz wrote:You guys are celebrating that some awful human beings (Michael Bay and Lorenzo DiBonaventura especially) whose only loves are themselves and money have just made more money. And how do you celebrate it? By putting some of the money you've actually EARNED by performing WORK into the pockets of people with no actual skills other than being professional a**holes.

I take it that you're not a fan of Bayverse TF movies. :-?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Lizzydown21 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:42 am

that's no wonder for Transformer is really a good movie... And knowing that the
first transformers have been hitting a big gross amount of money before...

Even though I have read a lot of reviews about the movie, I merely
don't believe on what those critics have been saying...
Lizzydown21
Mini-Con

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:56 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
GetterDragun wrote:
SoooTrypticon wrote:Actually it's one of the 68 films to have broken the 400 million mark- of which it is second to last, beating only "Lady and the Tramp." Transformers 2 still has yet to beat such box office giants as "Tootsie" and "My Fair Lady." An accomplishment to be sure- but nothing all that special. Maybe if it makes more money than those other movies, ("Back to the Future," "Batman," "Lord of the Rings...")- it'll suddenly become a better film.

That's adjusted for inflation, not actual ticket sales.

Thanks Getter, I was going to say the exact thing.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby GetterDragun » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Buttz wrote:You guys are celebrating that some awful human beings (Michael Bay and Lorenzo DiBonaventura especially) whose only loves are themselves and money have just made more money. And how do you celebrate it? By putting some of the money you've actually EARNED by performing WORK into the pockets of people with no actual skills other than being professional a**holes.

As opposed to what? We got a good story for the first one, and lots of robots battling in the second one. Seriously, how much better could it have been.

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Chaoslock » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
GetterDragun wrote:

As opposed to what? We got a good story for the first one, and lots of robots battling in the second one. Seriously, how much better could it have been.

A third movie without the American Pie-like jokes of the second movie?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Chaoslock wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

QFT.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby shonenfan4 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Chaoslock wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

Srly. What's up with Sam's parents?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:57 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."

I agree 100% about Bay and the writers and producers. (Though you mentioned no writers, I added them.) However, my love for Transformers is stronger (not by much) than my hate for those assclowns, therefore TF wins.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Paramount 2nd Highest For Summer Films, ROTF credited with 45% of the earnings

Postby First Gen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Earlier Seibertron.com reported that Transformers Revenge of the Fallen hit $400 Million USD domestically, making it the top grossing film of the summer. More news reports that the massive gross earnings taken by the hit sequel are more significant than we think.

According to a report posted on Variety, Paramount Studios claimed the second highest grossing film producer, raking in $884 Million USD for the summer of 2009 with ROTF pulling in a whopping 45% alone!

Other films such as the Star Trek revamp and GI Joe: Rise of Cobra assisted in the overall earnings, but it's plain to see the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was much bigger than anyone anticipated.

One can only imagine the budget that will be awarded the third installment of the movieverse franchise with this new revelation.

Keep your optics locked, right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 10

Postby justynnbailey » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Im not the biggest fan of the Michael Bayverse but anything that helps one aspect hopefully helps the entire franchise (Universe etc.) and I certainly wont complain about that.
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby Primus1101 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:13 am

Motto: "Remember when that little girl mistook Ironhide for the tooth fairy? I make that look like fact!"
This is definitely good, but for the third one, listen to what we want, Bay!
Primus1101
Minibot
Watch Primus1101 on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby vectorA3 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
better have made a lot!! Saw it 3 times + bought my friend a ticket the 2nd time.

FG --unfortunately a bigger budget doesn't necessarily mean a higher quality movie. You gotta have a rock solid script, and unfortunately b/c of the strike, this one didn't. I am glad though that the Academy is preparing to have 10 or 11 new technical categories so that special effects companies like ILM can take home some Oscar hardware. They truly deserve them for wowing us.
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby phoenixsword » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:58 pm

1st movie: Great story, few robots

2nd movie: LOTS of robots, no story (though it had some the best fight scenes in ANY Transformer line).

you know what they say: 3rd time's the charm.

BTW, anyone out there who sill wants the cheracters to revert to G1 (sideswipe to a Lamborghini), Get over it. It's not suppose to be G1. If you want G1, go buy the DVDs (which I have of course! :D) Also, I have inconsistancies. (and Stingway concept: AWESOME!!!!)

-I do think that Bay, Orci, Kurtzman, etc. should listen to the opinions of fans, but should not follow what they want. Remember, the movies are supposed to bring in NEW fans, as well as satisfy old ones.

-Safe bet there will be Triple Changers

-G1-based characters: Wheeljack, Shockwave, Aerialbots, Warpath?!

-I like to see an aircraft carrier Transformer Bay has talked about. (Menasor?)

So, be glad that ROTF did so well, and have some hope for #3.
phoenixsword
Mini-Con

Postby phoenixsword » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:01 pm

vectorA3 wrote:better have made a lot!! Saw it 3 times + bought my friend a ticket the 2nd time.

FG --unfortunately a bigger budget doesn't necessarily mean a higher quality movie. You gotta have a rock solid script, and unfortunately b/c of the strike, this one didn't. I am glad though that the Academy is preparing to have 10 or 11 new technical categories so that special effects companies like ILM can take home some Oscar hardware. They truly deserve them for wowing us.

I'm still shocked the first movie's Transformers lost the Oscar to a TALKING POLAR BEAR!? :MAD:
phoenixsword
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230545 8C (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230243 5A (CA) Crain"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek Deep Space Nine DOG WAR #3 Cvr B IDW Comics MAR231645 3B (CA) Bonilla"
Star Trek Deep Spa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney JUN230687 9I Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #6 Cvr D 1:10 IDW Comics MAY231389 6D (CA) Ward (W) Cantwell"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 AUG231383 13B (CA) Hochreigl (W) Kelly"
STAR TREK #13 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS HIGH REPUBLIC #11 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 211116A (CA) Duursema"
STAR WARS HIGH REP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic THE BLADE #4 var Marvel Comics NOV221040 (CA) McKone"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars High Republic TRAIL SHADOWS #4 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT211036 (CA) Ferry"
Star Wars High Rep ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #4 Knights Dawn Marvel Comics 2022 FEB221038 (CA)Rahzzah"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr K 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230553 8K (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr K ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Trek DS9 DOG WAR #5 Cvr F 1:50 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231398 5F (CA) Shalvey"
Star Trek DS9 DOG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars JABBAS PALACE #1 var connect Marvel Comics DEC220910 (CA) Garbett"
Star Wars JABBAS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #13 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 MAR210666 (CA) Dodson (W) Soule"
STAR WARS #13 var ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON