This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Rare Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Green Ramulus on eBay

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Rare Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Green Ramulus on eBay

Postby First Gen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
An auction has been started on eBay for an ultra rare Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 figure.

The rarity in question is believed to be a Green Ramulus, a Transmetals 2 figure that never saw production. This bad boy is Mint on Sealed Card, virtually unheard, and is sure to be a collectors dream addition. Thanks to eBay member tjay_27, you could have a chance at owning this one of a kind Transformer.

Seibertron.com was fortunate enough to be allowed to take an official gallery of this never released figure along with being given the background as to why the figure was never released. Here's the scoop:

Jon Hartman: "When we were working on our plans for BotCon 2001, Glen and I made a trip to Hasbro's Cincinnati office to go over color schemes for Blackarachnia and Tigatron. During our visit, Joe Mattiko showed us the green Ramulus as an idea that Hasbro had for a running change on the original color scheme, but was eventually scrapped. We know it had to have been a second version of the toy because the package had the later "Transmetals 2" sticker and didn't match the package artwork. (Package artwork traditionally shows the original version of a toy, even if other changes are made to it before released to market.) As far as we have seen, there were at least four copies of this toy because Joe had two cases in his office and they had the same assortment as the original shipment of Transmetal 2 Deluxes (2 Cheetor, 2 Dinobot, 2 Ramulus). It's possible that more than four have made it into the collector community, but we don't have any hard evidence of this.

"After seeing this new version, we decided to use it in our Wreckers comic because we thought it was different enough to be interesting. We never actually intended to release it as a BotCon exclusive because we already had other toys planned at that time. However, as the popularity of the Wreckers comic grew and we began to realize that people wanted to complete their collection of Wreckers toys, we actually worked a plot point into a later issue where Ramulus reverts to his original retail color scheme so people could have a chance at owning that character. Regardless, the green Ramulus is still something that not a lot of people have seen, so it's possible that your photos will be the first exposure that many people will have had to this variation."

Check out the full Green Ramulus gallery here.

Seibertron.com, bringing you the most complete news in the Transformers Universe so you're completely in the know. Keep your optics locked, right here at your Ultimate Transformers Resource.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Rare Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Green Ramulus on eBay

Postby Blurrz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Oh, it's beautiful. I wonder how high it's going to go!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby tom brokaw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:51 pm

it is a very nice looking figure :APPLAUSE:
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby shonenfan4 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
MOSC does not do this figure justice. Whoever wins this better open this for display. =P~
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I'm watching it, but I'll never bid on it. At least not right now. I have lower hanging fruit to pick off of my crazy rare figure list.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Convotron » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wow, very cool sculpt. Digitigrade legs that don't look either too bulky or too skinny and the head sculpt looks pretty darn cool to me!
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby shonenfan4 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:I'm watching it, but I'll never bid on it. At least not right now. I have lower hanging fruit to pick off of my crazy rare figure list.

If I know how high the reserve would be or atleast an idea, I might bid on it. How's your minicon collection working out? :-?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
shonenfan4 wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I'm watching it, but I'll never bid on it. At least not right now. I have lower hanging fruit to pick off of my crazy rare figure list.

If I know how high the reserve would be or atleast an idea, I might bid on it. How's your minicon collection working out? :-?

Slowly. I'm looking forward to BotCon (this'll be my first year). There are some figures that I should be able to get cheaper there (I hope) like the coffee pair.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10

Postby Rijie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Motto: "Faith will crumble before the rage of philosophy."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Ramulus is an underrated mold.
I told the fire to go **** itself, and it did.

Rijie Seeking:

Botcon 2009--Souvenir Sweeps
Botcon 2010--Souvenirs Rapido, Scorch/Shattered Glass Ravage

MISP preferred, but will consider opened NM/Complete, especially for older figures. Lots of TFs for trade! Please PM any inquiries, serious interest only!
Rijie
Brainmaster
Courage: 9

Postby tom brokaw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Rijie wrote:Ramulus is an underrated mold.

he looks like a great mold, sadly i dont own one.... hopefully that will change
tom brokaw
Gestalt

Postby Rijie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Motto: "Faith will crumble before the rage of philosophy."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
tom brokaw wrote:
Rijie wrote:Ramulus is an underrated mold.

he looks like a great mold, sadly i dont own one.... hopefully that will change

I wouldn't call him great, just good. Nicely sculpted with decent articulation, and a very cool ram mode.
I told the fire to go **** itself, and it did.

Rijie Seeking:

Botcon 2009--Souvenir Sweeps
Botcon 2010--Souvenirs Rapido, Scorch/Shattered Glass Ravage

MISP preferred, but will consider opened NM/Complete, especially for older figures. Lots of TFs for trade! Please PM any inquiries, serious interest only!
Rijie
Brainmaster
Courage: 9

Postby shonenfan4 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:

Slowly. I'm looking forward to BotCon (this'll be my first year). There are some figures that I should be able to get cheaper there (I hope) like the coffee pair.

Nice :APPLAUSE: I've always wanted to attend Botcon too, but never really got the chance or w/e
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Dr. GM1983 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Wow....I have a K.O. thats painted like that I got on Pearl St. in NYC except its a really bright neon green.
Dr. GM1983
Mini-Con

Postby beautypersoni » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Motto: ""Too much information is never enough."
- Rewind, Autobot Archivist"
Weapon: Adhesion Rifle
Very nice! I have the original and it's one of my favorite Beast Wars molds. The coloring on this one is very nice. The blue on that other one (Universe?) just doesn't look right for a ram.

The gold chromed ram head makes him look more... mythic; like something a human being would worship. :-P

Ramulus' sneer is just sooo Clint Eastwood. If Ramulus ever appeared in a new movie, they should get Clint to voice him. That be awesomely awesome!

Anyhoo...
beautypersoni
Mini-Con
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby tom brokaw » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:56 am

yup, that head sculpt is so badass
tom brokaw
Gestalt

Postby shonenfan4 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 am

tom brokaw wrote:yup, that head sculpt is so badass

It sure is, wonder why this repaint got scrapped though. :-?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #29 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221097 (CA) Rahzzah (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #4 Warriors Dawn Marvel Comics FEB221035 Giangiordano"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DARTH VADER #28 var Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220957 (CA) Reis (W) Pak"
Star Wars DARTH VA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HYPERSPACE STORIES #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT220401 4A Marengon"
Star Wars HYPERSPA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P 1:150 virgin Dynamite Comics 2023 NOV220598 2P (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars DOCTOR APHRA #30 var ROTJ 40th Marvel Comics JAN230986 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars DOCTOR A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR WARS #24 var Japanese creator Marvel Comics 2022 MAR221109 (CA) Yagawa"
STAR WARS #24 var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK DEFIANT #5 Cvr D 1:10 RI IDW Comics APR231581 5D 5RI (CA) Unzueta"
STAR TREK DEFIANT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars BOUNTY HUNTERS #19 Lucasfilm Marvel Comics 2021 OCT210961 (CA) Sprouse"
Star Wars BOUNTY H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I 1:15 B&W Dynamite Comics Disney DEC220627 3I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr U FOC Dynamite Comics Disney FEB238440 5U (CA) Lauricella"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr U ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STAR TREK MIRROR WAR #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220494 6RI (CA) Alvarado"
STAR TREK MIRROR W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars CRIMSON REIGN #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220993 (CA) Lopez"
Star Wars CRIMSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Star Wars HIDDEN EMPIRE #2 connecting Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220991 (CA) Cummings"
Star Wars HIDDEN E ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON