This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Wal-Mart Exclusive Red Powerglide, Skyfall, Hardhead and the Fury of Fearswoop hit retail

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Wal-Mart Exclusive Red Powerglide, Skyfall, Hardhead and the Fury of Fearswoop hit retail

Postby Blurrz » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:31 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The three Universe Ultra class Wal-Mart exclusives first seen at Botcon 2009 look to be on their way to retail, as they were picked up by an Alaskan resident, theallspark's Tyson. The three exclusives include Powerglide, in a red colour scheme similar to it's Henkei release, and accurate to his Generation One persona. Skyfall is a repaint of Universe Silverbolt, in the colours of G2 Skyjack. Hardhead is a green repaint of Universe Onslaught. Lastly, we notified everyone that The Fury of Fearswoop was available at Wal-Mart's site, and it looks they will also be at retail soon.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Wal-Mart Exclusive Red Powerglide, Skyfall, Hardhead and the Fury of Fearswoop hit retail

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:39 am

Huh. The way the boxart was done on Powerglide made me think it was Prime....meh. I'll take the Henkei version. Don't care for Skyfall or Fearswoop, but I'll probably get Hardhead.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Re: Wal-Mart Exclusive Red Powerglide, Skyfall, Hardhead and the Fury of Fearswoop hit retail

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
powerglide looks cool sky and hard head are meh
(THE ONSLAUGHT TO MOLD WAS MEANT TO BE HEAVLY RETOOLED INTO ROADBUSTER :BOOM: )
i am going to get fearswoop on sight though :D
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Doubledealer93 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:26 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I WANT SKYFALL! i will pass on the others though.

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
my tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/doubledealer93
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Postby Stockade » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I guess hasbro dont wanna give us a break on anything!! Might get Powerglide, but a must buy on Hard head for sure

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Thank you Hasbro for giving us a red Powerglide !!! :D :D :D The white version should have never existed and holding out paid off !!!

I like Skyfall because my thing is Decepticon jets...He will look great next to Darkwing. Needless to say, Fearswoop is a must have too. A shame they didnt release him as an individual deluxe figure like they did with the Wal-Mart exclusives from the first movie. I really hate wasting extra money on those silly mini-figures, but I gotta have him !!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Im still not sold on Hardhead because he is basically a green Onslaught. I love the Onslaught mold, but wasn't Hardhead supposed to be a tank ? Onslaught is an armored personal carrier and his G1 version was a trailer truck mounted with rocket launchers. A little bit far off I think...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:21 am

Rated X wrote:Im still not sold on Hardhead because he is basically a green Onslaught. I love the Onslaught mold, but wasn't Hardhead supposed to be a tank ? Onslaught is an armored personal carrier and his G1 version was a trailer truck mounted with rocket launchers. A little bit far off I think...

Hardhead's Nebulan mode was a tank, but there's never been an Earth mode toy of him peviously and Uni Onslaught's alt is a pretty good match for Hardhead's Earth mode in the IDW comics.

Hopefully Asda will see these before too long. If I can grab them all at UK retail then I will, but if I end up having to import it'll probably just be Powerglide and Hardhead.
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:39 am

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
I love Fearswoop's tiger stripe motif...
I'm thinking about it.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby SJ21 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:47 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I will be buying the red Powerglide as soon as I see him. I am glad I didn't buy the white one.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:37 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
'Til All Are Mine!

Here's another $125 or so. ($30 x 3 + $25 + tax)
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:04 am

Powerglide is WHITE not red....oh wait! 8-} Will buy.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Convotron » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hmm, +3 Ultras on my hunt list. It'll probably be months before I see these on shelves so I have a chance to save up. :D
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7

Postby Stockade » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:38 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I would have like to see Fearswoop in the breakaway mold, instead of the dreadwing mold, if so that would have been a BOS (Buy On site)

And why cannot i get a haul like that.. :(

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
Courage: 10

Postby Nemesis Rodimus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:44 am

Motto: ""I will do for Optimus Primal what Optimus Primal cannot do for himself.""
Weapon: Energon Cutlass
GREAT!

I will get Hardhead and Fearswoop. P.S. Does anyone know when the next wave of Animated will be released? I want Rodimus Minor (PRIME!!), Wingblade Optimus, Fireblast Grimlock, and Ironhide is starting to grow on me (in the show). I'll be getting those four. Will they be out in time for Christmas?
My fanfics:
Undercover: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=58744
Invasion: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59170
Prison Break: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Battlefield Tactics: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60115
Nemesis Rodimus
Fuzor
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Mkall » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I'm all for Hardhead and Skyfall

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 am

Nemesis Rodimus wrote:GREAT!

I will get Hardhead and Fearswoop. P.S. Does anyone know when the next wave of Animated will be released? I want Rodimus Minor (PRIME!!), Wingblade Optimus, Fireblast Grimlock, and Ironhide is starting to grow on me (in the show). I'll be getting those four. Will they be out in time for Christmas?

Is Ironhide guaranteed? I still haven't seen anything definitive, but I am hoping!
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Convotron » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 am

Marcdachamp wrote:
Nemesis Rodimus wrote:GREAT!

Is Ironhide guaranteed? I still haven't seen anything definitive, but I am hoping!

I believe TFA Ironhide is good to go. Fugitive Waspinator didn't get a head retooling from the Deluxe Bumblebee mold because it that was given to Ironhide as a repaint and retooling of the Cybertronic TFA Deluxe Ratchet that is also slated to come out.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby TFGnome » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 am

Motto: "manipulation trumps skill"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Exclusive Red Powerglide, maybe
Skyfall, not for me
Hardhead, must have
Fury of Fearswoop, it would look cool holding my g2 hooligan...but im not paying retail for him
TFGnome
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby tom brokaw » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:10 pm

wow very nice.... its going to be an expensive month
tom brokaw
Gestalt
News Credits: 4

Postby shonenfan4 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 pm

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Skyfall and Hardhead are must gets for me, don't know about the other two though. That Powerglide looks...bad to me.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Nekoman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:54 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Any word on if the Ultras are still $25? These Wal-Mart exclusives are getting pricey.

Not that it would affect my decision to purchase one, just needing to know if I have the money. :?
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Naked Magnus » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Ok, I am sorry, but I can't help but ask the question: Does anybody actually like the Silverbolt mold? I held out and bought the Henkei version (because I love G1) and it has been one of the biggest disappointing transformers I have bought (but not as bad as universe galvatron). The figure is simply a robot with a jet glued to his back. The jet itself has only three hinges (one for the fuselage, and two for the vertical stabilizers) and that is it. The jet looks atrocious from any angle other than from directly above.

I buy repaints all of the time, but I have passed on Darkwing at Toys R Us many times.

I am seriously considering Hardhead, although I am hesitant to buy a repaint of a different faction. Part reuse within a faction is easy to believe, but cross faction is more of a stretch, at least to me it is.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Convotron wrote:I believe TFA Ironhide is good to go. Fugitive Waspinator didn't get a head retooling from the Deluxe Bumblebee mold because it that was given to Ironhide as a repaint and retooling of the Cybertronic TFA Deluxe Ratchet that is also slated to come out.

Hadn't heard of fugitive Waspinator. Interesting.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Mkall » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
revengeofstarscream wrote:Ok, I am sorry, but I can't help but ask the question: Does anybody actually like the Silverbolt mold? I held out and bought the Henkei version (because I love G1) and it has been one of the biggest disappointing transformers I have bought (but not as bad as universe galvatron). The figure is simply a robot with a jet glued to his back. The jet itself has only three hinges (one for the fuselage, and two for the vertical stabilizers) and that is it. The jet looks atrocious from any angle other than from directly above.

I'm a huge fan of the mold, it is the most G1 accurate figure to date, even the transformation is very similar. The robot is highly articulate and the paint apps suit him.

But that's just me.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Convotron » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

revengeofstarscream wrote:Ok, I am sorry, but I can't help but ask the question: Does anybody actually like the Silverbolt mold? I held out and bought the Henkei version (because I love G1) and it has been one of the biggest disappointing transformers I have bought (but not as bad as universe galvatron). The figure is simply a robot with a jet glued to his back. The jet itself has only three hinges (one for the fuselage, and two for the vertical stabilizers) and that is it. The jet looks atrocious from any angle other than from directly above.

I really like the Universe Silverbolt mold for the same reasons Mkall stated.

I mean, you can't look at it objectively in 2009 and say it's a marvel of modern Transformers toy engineering but as a homage to the G1 character and toy, it hits a home run. It's not meant to be anything but a figure that taps into G1 nostalgia, in my opinion. It succeeds on that level.

The intent in the design, as I see it, was not to make a modern toy but heavily hearken back to a G1 toy. That's how it differs from most Universe/Classics figures, which are meant to be contemporary overhauls of classic characters.

Convotron
City Commander

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2021 SEP210798 (CA) Bianchi (W) Cates (A) Ottley"
HULK #1 var 1:25 M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #183 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #37 var Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220931 (CA) McKone"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0423DC004 136D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #136 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #12 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230838 (CA) Gleason (W) Rowell (A)Genolet"
SHE-HULK #12 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #502 DC Comics 1993 (CA) Jones (W) Moench (A) Manley 230915A"
BATMAN #502 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #706 DC Comics 1997 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC068 139A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #139 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS #1 connecting Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220903 (CA) Lim"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #105 Marvel Comic 1985 Wasp 190331i"
PETER PARKER SPECT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LORDS OF EMPYRE EMPEROR HULKLING #1 Marvel Comics 2020 FEB200785 (CA) Vecchio"
LORDS OF EMPYRE EM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 0423DC050 1056C (CA) Talaski"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #14 var 1:50 Marvel Comics 2023 APR230842 (CA) Chew (W) Rowell 230711A"
SHE-HULK #14 var 1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON