This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Postby Nekoman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Jetpower Optimus Prime, perhaps the only autobot capable of stopping the likes of Devastator or The Fallen. Jetpower Optimus Prime, is the combined form of Optimus himself and Jetfire from the latest film, though this would not be the first time Optimus Prime has had combining capabilities, as him and Jetfire were also able to merge in Armada. To view Jetpower Optimus Prime's gallery in all it's glory, click here.

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Jetpower Optimus Prime Gallery is Online

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Why doesn't Hasbro just send someone to break my legs and take my money? I mean, if they want it that badly, that's the easier way to do it.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Nekoman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
You know, when the last movie came out, I said it seemed like they were taking concepts from AEC, and I think this kind of proves it. Of course, ten guys jumped on board to call me crazy then, I'm pretty sure you can't call a parallel like this an coincident.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby Agamemnon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:21 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Anybody else have these two and have an issue combining them? The feet and waist are good for me, but the connection around the shoulders and the crotch area just don't stay put.

Can I say crotch? :shock:
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
So tempting to have.

So unrealistically expensive! And did Ryan by 2 versions of each Leader figure? O_O
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Extremely badass combo, especially with the alternate transformations, looks much better than the official one. Unfortunately I just don't like Jetfire enough to buy him for this. The head is way too ugly and I don't like the old geezer thing he's got going on. He doesn't fit in with any of the other Jetires, and I'm all about homages. Maybe if they did a recolor with a remolded head, they could do G1 Jetfire or even a Wingsaber homage and I'd be a lot more willing, but the Blackbird would probably look weird in those colors anyway.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Convotron » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Sweet gallery. :)

Nekoman wrote:You know, when the last movie came out, I said it seemed like they were taking concepts from AEC, and I think this kind of proves it. Of course, ten guys jumped on board to call me crazy then, I'm pretty sure you can't call a parallel like this an coincident.

I agree! I think the OP/JF combination is too close to the concept of Powerlinx to not think it's inspired by AEC.

Agamemnon wrote:Anybody else have these two and have an issue combining them? The feet and waist are good for me, but the connection around the shoulders and the crotch area just don't stay put.

The shoulder connection tabs are a bit tricky at first but if you secure them properly, they should stay put. I wouldn't worry too much about the dark blue plastic connector for the underside of Optimus Prime's pelvis component because if you can get the shoulders properly set, the pelvis connector should also be able to stay securely connected. Also, it's not a necessary connector because I had my Jetpower Optimus Prime set up without that part for a few weeks with no problems. I left it disconnected to allow greater leg mobility for posing.

Agamemnon wrote:Can I say crotch? :shock:

You said it twice! Twice!!!

Blurrz wrote:So tempting to have.

So unrealistically expensive! And did Ryan by 2 versions of each Leader figure? O_O

I don't think they're unreasonably expensive when you consider things like Gentei! Gentei! exclusives or Botcon repaints. These exclusives normally offer repaints at most, a relative few offer retoolings too but fairly minor more often than not.

Jetfire is certainly a bit on the expensive side since it isn't the greatest Transformer toy design, isn't jaw dropping to most, and really is bought to combine with OP. I love the character and the toy, despite its flaws, but I suppose I have odd tastes. However, RotF Leader OP is such a great toy design overall, I think it's well worth the price tag.

kirbenvost wrote:Extremely badass combo, especially with the alternate transformations, looks much better than the official one. Unfortunately I just don't like Jetfire enough to buy him for this. The head is way too ugly and I don't like the old geezer thing he's got going on. He doesn't fit in with any of the other Jetires, and I'm all about homages. Maybe if they did a recolor with a remolded head, they could do G1 Jetfire or even a Wingsaber homage and I'd be a lot more willing, but the Blackbird would probably look weird in those colors anyway.

Hmm, I don't think repainting and even some retoolings would make you like RotF Leader Jetfire because its design is centred around the old geezer character concept, which you don't like. That's the thing about the movie fiction...most characters have the names of pre-existing Transformers but aren't very recognizable aside from minor similarities. I mean, look at RotF Sideswipe. It's a robot that changes into a sports car. That's pretty much all that character and its G1 namesake have in common. Now I don't mind that but when I hear "Sideswipe" or "Jetfire", I'm expecting something a bit more recognizable from my exposure to the older toylines and cartoons.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!

Jetfire, Mudflap and Skids are three of my favorite figures from the line, though I do NOT like their characters in the movie. I have a lot of characters that I like the figure of, but not the character, and vice versa.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Convotron » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:59 pm

Seibertron wrote:I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!

I feel the same way. I love the unique look of Jetfire in robot mode and the alt mode is impressive. Sure there's underside kibble but I really can't think of a way to design the toy without implementing a shell to hide the robot kibble, which would make shell kibble and be even farther from the character model. It's a design compromise of the toy that I think is justified.

I really like the Twins/Skids and Mudflap designs too. I can't wait for HA Skids to become available in my local stores.

Now as far as the characters, the Twins were a bit over the top for me but I like Jetfire. He's such a crazy old codger.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Convotron wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I actually really like Jetfire. He's a very unique figure and I think his alt mode is beautiful. It's huge!

I feel the same way. I love the unique look of Jetfire in robot mode and the alt mode is impressive. Sure there's underside kibble but I really can't think of a way to design the toy without implementing a shell to hide the robot kibble, which would make shell kibble and be even farther from the character model. It's a design compromise of the toy that I think is justified.

I really like the Twins/Skids and Mudflap designs too. I can't wait for HA Skids to become available in my local stores.

Now as far as the characters, the Twins were a bit over the top for me but I like Jetfire. He's such a crazy old codger.

The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Seibertron wrote:Jetfire, Mudflap and Skids are three of my favorite figures from the line, though I do NOT like their characters in the movie.

Irony sucks, don't it?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Speed: 5

Postby Bumblebeast » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:10 am

I love Jetfire and i have it proudly displayed in my studio in robot mode. The SR71 Blackbird mode is so powerfully awesome that i can't stare at it for too long.
Bad-ass Prime wants YOUR face !!!
Bumblebeast
Vehicon

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 am

shonenfan4 wrote:The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.

Yeah, that's for sure seeing the general reaction from the fan community.

I don't hate them, they were just overused. I got a couple of chuckles in the beginning but by the halfway point in the movie I was like "Aha...yeah.".

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 am

Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:The Twins were for comic relief that got on some people's bad sides. I really like Jetfire, I think I might get another one to display forever in alt mode if this ever goes on a huge sale.

Yeah, that's for sure seeing the general reaction from the fan community.

I don't hate them, they were just overused. I got a couple of chuckles in the beginning but by the halfway point in the movie I was like "Aha...yeah.".

I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:22 am

shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.

It's because they're hardened thugs from the streets of Cybertron, yo.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:I personally don't know why people would be that offended by them, I mean it's a movie. There's other movie out there that those who were offended surely would've been offended more. In addition, the only part that I hate about the Twins was how the hell did they survive the Devastator attack? Goes to show that Autobots are invincible in Bayverse.

Man, they nobodies on Cybertron k?
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:59 pm

shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:

Exactly! They're trying to prove themselves. They ain't grown soft by the good life. They're 2 legit 2 quit.

Yes, that's enough of that from me, hehe.

Back on topic, the gallery is great...and I'm wishing that a Leader class The Fallen was made. I'm not a fan of the character but it would be so great to have a Leader The Fallen displayed with Jetpower OP.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:

Exactly! They're trying to prove themselves. They ain't grown soft by the good life. They're 2 legit 2 quit.

Yes, that's enough of that from me, hehe.

Back on topic, the gallery is great...and I'm wishing that a Leader class The Fallen was made. I'm not a fan of the character but it would be so great to have a Leader The Fallen displayed with Jetpower OP.

Leader The Fallen, not a bad idea, as long as they can figure out a better alt mode for him.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:46 pm

If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Convotron wrote:If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.

Maybe they'll finally decide to include his weapon staff this time.
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 pm

shonenfan4 wrote:
Convotron wrote:If there was a Leader class The Fallen made but used the more angular flying wing concept design, I would buy it for sure.

If they make another The Fallen figure, the staff should be included for sure.

Convotron
City Commander

Postby shonenfan4 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:

If they make another The Fallen figure, the staff should be included for sure.

And little humans for him to stomp on plz. :twisted:
<GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD>
Haters, you've won.
shonenfan4
Godmaster

Postby Convotron » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:35 pm

Big humans. They splat better. :BOOM:

Convotron
City Commander

Postby Mkall » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Hey shonenfan4, Convotron; since you two like talking to each other so much, perhaps it would be better to exchange IM information so we don't have entire pages devoted to just the two of you.

Thanks

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I'm probably never going to combine them. Seems like a huge hassle...

I'm lame like that.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Age Extinction Voyager complete AOE Hasbro 2014 221114AB"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 240109T"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete + more 2009 220802A"
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Target 2009 220802A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Voyager complete Hasbro 2009 221013A"
NEW!
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Revenge Fallen ROTF Leader complete + more 2009 240109Q"
NEW!
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON