This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Celebration IV - Star Wars Transformers

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Celebration IV - Star Wars Transformers

Postby Darth Decepticonus » Fri May 25, 2007 7:59 am

Darth Decepticonus
Micromaster
News Credits: 6

Postby tentagil » Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 am

Has anyone seen pics of the bot mode of the Snowspeeder or the Turbo tank yet.
tentagil
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Dagon » Fri May 25, 2007 9:13 am

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
tentagil wrote:Has anyone seen pics of the bot mode of the Snowspeeder or the Turbo tank yet.

Pah! After all this time, this is the first picture I've seen of the Death Star!
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Exulted Unicron » Fri May 25, 2007 9:33 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
the deluxe death star kicks all amounts of unholy ass and will perhaps be the jewel in SWTFs crown
Exulted Unicron
Headmaster
Watch Exulted Unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Asderiphel » Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 am

tentagil wrote:Has anyone seen pics of the bot mode of the Snowspeeder or the Turbo tank yet.

I know Seibs had some pics of the Turbo Tank somewhere, but here's a link to a Jedi Insider gallery. First pic is commander cody/turbo tank.

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=10037

EDIT: Upon further review, if you click the view all link, they show a picture of the snowspeeder in bot mode as well.

And apparently, they sent the same broken AT-AT from Toy Fair to the SW celebration. I've seen absolutely no pics of that guy in bot form.
Asderiphel
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby zodconvoy » Fri May 25, 2007 9:48 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
From the Snowspeeder at his feet I can tell he's huge but does the Darth Star come close to Unicron and Primus? Of course, my girlfriends going to kill me for buying another Transformers Volley Ball...
Attachments
IMG_0155.jpg
See the Snow Speeder way down in the corner?
IMG_0155.jpg (99.59 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby jaws » Fri May 25, 2007 9:55 am

The tag says deluxe but I'd would the Death Star/Darth Vader is most likely a Supreme Class since the price is $49.99.
jaws
Targetmaster

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:05 am

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Geez, come on. The Jedi Starfighter and the Tie Advanced are from two different eras!
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri May 25, 2007 10:05 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Exulted Unicron wrote:the deluxe death star kicks all amounts of unholy ass and will perhaps be the jewel in SWTFs crown

No, it won't. It'll end up following in the wake of Supreme Cheetor, Air Attack Optimus Primal, Unicron, Cybertron Starscream and Primus as being the biggest shelf warmer in the history of Transformers.

Why?

Because it'll sell at $75 a head. And no fan in his right mind is gonna buy it at that price. Which means that six months down the line the genius will finally lower its price to a more managable level, by which time nobody'll care anymore.

What? You think I'm wrong? OK, then. Go into the nearest toy store and count how many Primus and Starscream figures there are, then get back to me.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 25, 2007 10:09 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Exulted Unicron wrote:the deluxe death star kicks all amounts of unholy ass and will perhaps be the jewel in SWTFs crown

No, it won't. It'll end up following in the wake of Supreme Cheetor, Air Attack Optimus Primal, Unicron, Cybertron Starscream and Primus as being the biggest shelf warmer in the history of Transformers.

Why?

Because it'll sell at $75 a head. And no fan in his right mind is gonna buy it at that price. Which means that six months down the line the genius will finally lower its price to a more managable level, by which time nobody'll care anymore.

What? You think I'm wrong? OK, then. Go into the nearest toy store and count how many Primus and Starscream figures there are, then get back to me.

I disagree. The figure looks awesome! I also think you're being a little harsh with your stats. Maybe Transformers just don't sell that well in your area.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Exulted Unicron » Fri May 25, 2007 10:12 am

Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I think Hasbro will have learned from their mistakes, hell even the SWTF Millenium Falcon isn't that expensive
Exulted Unicron
Headmaster
Watch Exulted Unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: tank
Strength: 9
Firepower: 10+

Postby zodconvoy » Fri May 25, 2007 10:15 am

Seibertron wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Why?

I disagree. The figure looks awesome! I also think you're being a little harsh with your stats. Maybe Transformers just don't sell that well in your area.

Agreed. Near me there haven't been any Primus' since last summer or Starscreams since Christmas. If you are a collector and you won't shell out the money, do you think a herd of random moms are going to?

And the tag on it says $49.99, genius.
zodconvoy
City Commander

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri May 25, 2007 10:28 am

Seibertron wrote:I also think you're being a little harsh with your stats.

Maybe so, but I'm just going on the information I see. And what I saw was every single one of those figures costing in the upwards of the high sixties when they were first released, only dropping down to the thirties and forties when they were on the shelf for months and didn't sell.

I always saw Unicron at Zellers for nearly $80, but found a whole shelf full of them a year later for less than $25. You would think that they would have moved at that price. Well, maybe they would have, if they had been released at that price to start off with.

It's the same for Starscream and Primus. Whenever I first saw them, they were exactly like Unicron: a big hunk of plastic going for more than it really should. (This sort of thing is more annoying since they released the smaller version in a two pack with Vector Prime months later, it in itself annoying since it had the ever irksome "Exclusive" word tacked onto it.) Of course, they marked it down later on, but it didn't really seem to work all that well. Prime and Megs/Galvatron suffer this, too, costing in the upwards of sixty bucks a pop. (I won't even tell you how much the 20th Anniversary Prime rerelease was.)

zodconvoy wrote:If you are a collector and you won't shell out the money, do you think a herd of random moms are going to?

Never underestimate the power of a child to coerce their parents into getting them something they want.

zodconvoy wrote:And the tag on it says $49.99, genius.

Um, I have no clue where you live, but I live in Canada, a country that regularly overinflates its prices for no good reason. So if it costs less down there, you can bet it'll cost more up here.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri May 25, 2007 10:47 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
An AT-AT? Thats awsome. Even if the bot mode looks like crap im getting it. I think commander Cody is one of the best ones. Both the bot ant alt mode kick ass. Anyone have any idea when these are coming out?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri May 25, 2007 10:55 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:An AT-AT? Thats awsome. Even if the bot mode looks like crap im getting it. I think commander Cody is one of the best ones. Both the bot ant alt mode kick ass. Anyone have any idea when these are coming out?

http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4transformers/image7.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/c4/c4transformers/image9.asp
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Asderiphel » Fri May 25, 2007 11:29 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:An AT-AT? Thats awsome. Even if the bot mode looks like crap im getting it. I think commander Cody is one of the best ones. Both the bot ant alt mode kick ass. Anyone have any idea when these are coming out?

The Vader Death Star says October 07, so probably around then.

My only wish for the AT-AT is that they'd produce it a little more in scale.
Asderiphel
Minibot

Postby Methusalen » Fri May 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Motto: ""Not good enough for G1!""
I think the Darth Vader Death Star might be the only figure I buy from this line... Just to go up with Primus & Unicron.
Methusalen out...
Methusalen
Combiner
News Credits: 38

Postby zodconvoy » Fri May 25, 2007 12:03 pm

My only wish for the AT-AT is that they'd produce it a little more in scale.

How about a Snowspeeder/Luke Minicon and the AT-ATs port is in the bottom of the foot? :D

Oh, and Bombshell, I live in Philadelphia, where the Transformers sell very well and at affordable prices. But there's no Dr. Who on TV so pros and cons I guess.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri May 25, 2007 12:06 pm

zodconvoy wrote:Oh, and Bombshell, I live in Philadelphia, where the Transformers sell very well and at affordable prices. But there's no Dr. Who on TV so pros and cons I guess.

Well, that explains it. Usually stuff in America costs less than it does up here.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby dj_funk_gut » Fri May 25, 2007 12:35 pm

dartn vader death star looks like they used Primus' basic design.
dj_funk_gut
Micromaster

Postby Fireblast » Fri May 25, 2007 12:55 pm

No I agree with Darth Bombshell. Know what's sad? I live in the states. In my area they order a crap load of stuff nobody buys. Well actually they sell but they have a huge surplus left over. I'll give you an example, the Toys R Us in my area ordered 100+ copies of Mario Hoops 3-On-3 for the Nintendo DS which isn't even selling. Plus nobody buys Star Wars Transformers here. Plus the stores in this area still have Cybertron toys from wave 1. They keep restocking on crap and I still have yet to see a Classics Jetfire. Freakin' ridiculous.
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby tacogrande » Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 pm

I thought it was general knowledge that all supremes get clearanced at some point? I got unicron for $7, primus for $15, omega supreme for $20, etc...

Hell the nail in the coffin is the han solo chewy swtf 2 pack that got clearanced at all the stores here too.

I also know this is nationwide since threads always pop up saying I scored so and so at this price and the posts soon follow. I live in an area (close to seibs actually) where tfs sell well, but supremes always rot on shelves.

This will be no different, not matter how "cool". People just don't want $50 transformers. Kids can't handle them well, they take up too much space, and they're expensive.
tacogrande
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby Wheeljack35 » Fri May 25, 2007 12:59 pm

Damn they still haven't bought a transformed Imperial Walker
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Asderiphel » Fri May 25, 2007 1:33 pm

Wheeljack35 wrote:Damn they still haven't bought a transformed Imperial Walker

Or they haven't fixed it yet. It sure doesn't scream 'quality production' when the first time it shows up (Toy Fair, February) it can't be TF'd cause it's broken...and 3 months later, nobody seems to have fixed their one display model.

Hope it's a problem with the display crew laziness, and not a problem with the mold itself.
Asderiphel
Minibot

Postby Senor Hugo » Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 pm

I can't wait to see Cody on shelves. Finally a SWTF with both a decent Bot and Alt mode.
Senor Hugo
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #32 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #46 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #25 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Infestation 2 TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2012 1B (CA) Ramondelli 230124"
Infestation 2 TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot LCSD IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #12 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 12B (CA) Zama JUN190702"
TRANSFORMERS #12 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 230915A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #1 Cvr A IDW Comics JAN200696 1A Fullerton 221222A"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915G"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #38 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210582 36RI (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS #36 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON