This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE #1 6 page preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE #1 6 page preview

Postby minimus-minor » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Motto: ""Ion blasts of death are the right of all sentient beings who oppose me." [A more accurate version of Optimus Prime's catchphrase.]"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
This hasn't been put up on the news section but there's a 6 page preview of the Bumblebee miniseries @ http://www.previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=23&s=216&ai=89837&ssd=. I don't know how to get this onto thenews section so could someone put it up? Thanks :grin:
minimus-minor
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 8

Re: TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE #1 6 page preview

Postby Blurrz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The yellow star of Transformers, Bumblebee, now has a comic series named after him. IDW kicks off Transformers - Bumblebee #1 on December 16th. Thanks to Previews and the watchful eye of Energon Pub member minimus-minor, we get a five page preview of the brand news series. You can check out the description, a cover and an excerpt below...

Publisher: IDW Publishing
(W) Zander Cannon
(A) Chee & Trevor Hutchison

In this first-ever Bumblebee miniseries written by Zander Cannon (Top Ten), it's a shakeup in Autobot leadership! Bumblebee finds himself leading a group that believes him to be unprepared for the job. An opportunity to radically improve the Autobots reputation arises. Bumblebee accepts the challenge despite his reservations, and embarks on a clandestine mission for the human military to find and disable all remaining rogue robots.

...while the rest can be seen at your own discretion here.

Keep it tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Hey look, decent faces and traditional art.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Mkall wrote:Hey look, decent faces and traditional art.

I can't believe it's IDW!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10

Postby Naked Magnus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Where can I buy this? I can't find it IDW's website to order.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby Seibertron » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
This art style has a lot of potential in my opinion. Most of the panels look beautiful, but there are a few inconsistencies. This is leaps and bounds beyond what Don Figueroa is doing in the ongoing book.

I also am very happy to see that Bumblebee has his traditional body style back. I was never a fan of the IDW body for him. I also like seeing Bumblebee with his optimistic and cheerful personality gracing the cover. Don's new art style totally throws this trait of his out the window.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Not sure who the artist is. Chee & Trevor Hutchison ... is one guy the inker and the other the penciler?

To be honest, I'm in love with this art style. For some reason, it reminds me of the "Man of Iron" two parter from the old school Marvel comics, but the art style looks nothing like it. Just looks serious without looking crazy ridiculous like Figueroa's style in Ongoing.

Heck, this artist can even draw people and not draw them like a Transformers artist drawing people if you know what I mean.

My only nitpicks with this are ...

1. Blue lighted side panels on Wheeljack please! Not orangish-red. He's an Autobot!

2. Something's not quite right with Bumblebee's face in the 1st panel on the 2nd page of this preview.

3. Something's not right with Bumblebee's face in the 5th panel on the 6th page of this preview.

I'd consider those to be small nitpicks that an Editor should've caught. Other than that, this looks great! I'm excited for this book!
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Hairball178 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:23 pm

I like the potential Decepticon antagonist in this (not gonna spoil it for others); it's fitting for Bumblebee, what with him used to being mocked & bullied.
Hairball178
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby ultra_magus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Motto: "Mercy? You want mercy?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!"
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
I'm surprised to say this, but I miss Bee's new look! Guess it grew on me. I would have liked to have seen his CLASSICS look, perhaps...
Mercy? You want MERCY?! I'M CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!!
ultra_magus
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Savage » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I'm digging this book. Characterization of Bumblebee = fantastic. Art is better than Don's work on Ongoing, though this isnt my favorite style. I prefer something with a bit more flair, if that makes any sense. Works great for this series though, reminds me of Man of Iron as well, Ryan, and also of the cover art from "Bumblebee's Last Stand"
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Darclipto » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Hot Rod looks pissed. Guess he represents the current generation of teens, since he looks jealous of Bee being the center of attention.
Darclipto
Mini-Con

Postby shadowsfm » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

i called it! i called it! i called it!
bumblebee is leader
:grin:
shadowsfm
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Ultra Magnus » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
As the lone Don supporter in this thread, I will state that this art style is really cool. In comparison with Don's designs, this is very "retro"; reminds me of the Marvel "Big Looker" books that originally furthered my interest in Transformers. With that in mind, I'd say this "Retro" style makes for a sensible alternative to those out there that feel so "Deeply and Personally Betrayed"( :roll: ) by Don's infinitely more intricate and detailed designs. I am a lot more partial to actual working transformations than the classic cartoon look, so that is the only complaint I have about this art style overall.

Anyway, this book looks to be very cool and also looks to tell an equally interesting story. I think the art style is perfect for this feature on Bumblebee. And though I never really thought I'd ever see him actually become the Leader of the Autobots, I'm down with it. Let's see where this goes!
B-)
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

What I like most about this comic is that it shows, very clearly, that as far as IDW is concerned, Don's style on the main title is the way HE draws these characters. I think, from what I can see, that the DESIGNS are congruent with those Don is using, as far as overall structure and arrangement go, but the facial and fiddly detail aesthetics are more familiar.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Down_Shift » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
I'll be honest, I think it looks brutal.

I'll still buy it because I'm hoping the story is good, but I don't care for the art. Mind you it's better then some of the past comic art. I think my problem with it is that it looks too Wildman to me. I still can't forgive him for ruining Dark Ages.

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby minimus-minor » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:38 am

Motto: ""Ion blasts of death are the right of all sentient beings who oppose me." [A more accurate version of Optimus Prime's catchphrase.]"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Seibertron wrote:Not sure who the artist is. Chee & Trevor Hutchison ... is one guy the inker and the other the penciler?

In response, here's the complete creative team: Written by Zander Cannon, Art by Chee, Colors by Moose Baumann, covers by Chee and Guido Guidi. Not sure of the letterer, looks like Neil Uyetake.
"Ion blasts of death are the right of all sentient beings who oppose me." [A more accurate version of Optimus Prime's catchphrase.]
minimus-minor
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1

Postby Starscream6 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:47 am

Weapon: Photon Cannon
ugh! ill buy the series for the story but im not a fan of the artwork, at all.

IMO, dons new work is light years ahead of this....and im not even completely sold on it yet!

this just looks sooooo amateur.
Starscream6
Vehicon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
I've always hated Bumblebee's G1 toon body I much preferred the cool idw one EJ Sue designed.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby dragons » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:19 pm

i like where the series is going buti dont like the faces its something i can get used in the animated series but for comics its doesnt macth up this time line anymore feels to me im reading the orginal 80s comics all over again with updated art, & new story to humanized faces to me robotic faces looked better they looked more robtic like this looks like gijoe who transfrom.

i like g1 comics but they need to do something differnt ill get this series but make it more to fit in the 2000 not 80's
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Hard Hacker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Urgh, Bumblebee. I don't know who I'm more sick of hearing about, him or Susan Boyle.
Hard Hacker
Headmaster Jr

Postby Ravage Eject » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Posted by Ultra Magnus on December 14th, 2009 @ 8:15pm CST

As the lone Don supporter in this thread, I will state that this art style is really cool.

hey hey hey now I have been supporting Don for a while now...lol I love the new look and direction, I just got tired of arguing to those who don't like anything but classic G1 desgins. :) Different strokes for different folks.....this series look ok, but bumblebee is my least fave autobot, and bee as a leader, epic fail for me. The only incarnation of BB I really got into was TFA bumblebee...
Ravage Eject
Mini-Con

Postby JazZeke » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:20 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
The artwork is just okay, I really have no complaints about the retro aesthetic of it. I just wish the editors cared enough to make sure artists draw characters with the same consistent body when two comics are set in the same time frame. Otherwise it's a HUGE continuity gaffe that exists only because of an artist's personal preference. Say what you will about preference, I just want consistency. And that's my biggest beef with IDW right now.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6

Postby Random » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

In context with the issue:

www.freewebs.com/fourth_heir/artwork/bbprime.jpg

Curious to see where they are going with this story line. I like it thus far, nonetheless. I'm ok with the art. My thoughts are still, as long as it's readable, I'm ok with whatever the artist is trying to portray.
Random
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby MYoung23 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:04 am

Umm, Bumblebee has a lot of growing up to do or his tenure as leader is not going to end well.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Chaoslock » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
With BB getting the leadership, that reminds me: Where is the Matrix? Is it still by Megatron?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230920A"
SERGEANT KUP Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON