This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

Postby First Gen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Chris Mowry, of IDW Publishing, has updated his blog site, The Full Mowry, with a five page preview of the next installment of the Tales of the Fallen story arc.

Book #6, titled ARCEE, will feature work by Transformers artist Alex Milne and colors by Josh Perez. ARCEE will also feature a new Transformer, created by Chris Mowry, named FLATLINE. Here's Chris' basic profile on FLATLINE:

...He's a Decepticon medic, basically their version of Ratchet. While Ratchet may work to save lives, Flatline merely gets his soldiers operational again. Because as I'd like to think of him saying "to cease to serve, is to cease to function."

Check out the full preview by clicking here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: 5 Page Preview of Tales of the Fallen #6: ARCEE

Postby Swiftpaw » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:28 pm

... That is notibly '07 Arcee's design on the table, as she's seen with in the comics related to the first movie. Maybe this issue will give us a story to explain how she got her '09 form.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Irken17 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:38 pm

So thats how skids and mudflap ended up that way.... :?
Irken17
Mini-Con

Postby amtm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:56 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
So even Arcee hates her new look.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Heckfire » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:24 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Wow, Femmebots in Refrigerators...it REALLY sucks to be Arcee in any of the IDW universes, huh?
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Swiftpaw wrote:Maybe this issue will give us a story to explain how she got her '09 form.

The preview quite plainly shows how.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
What the f- is this? This is supposed to be one the of the cutest Transformers fembots in the Universe, not some Quintesson freak hound. I'm not questioning character placement, but w-o-w, there's just things you don't do with certain characters. Poor Arcee.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Talous » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Motto: "The problem with fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Pretty impressive. With the new naga like form(s) the change from two legs to wheels and funky spines almost make sense.

Aww hell, who am I kidding, I'd buy one.
It has begun, let the parts fall from the sky.
Talous
Fuzor
Skill: 10

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Blurrz wrote:What the f- is this? This is supposed to be one the of the cutest Transformers fembots in the Universe, not some Quintesson freak hound. I'm not questioning character placement, but w-o-w, there's just things you don't do with certain characters. Poor Arcee.

You're right, the Movie Universe JUST hates fembots (Crasher, Elita-1, Arcee and her clones(?))
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9

Postby Swiftpaw » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:21 pm

Blurrz wrote:What the f- is this? This is supposed to be one the of the cutest Transformers fembots in the Universe, not some Quintesson freak hound. I'm not questioning character placement, but w-o-w, there's just things you don't do with certain characters. Poor Arcee.

I felt the same way about the 'origin' they wrote for the Arcee Spotlight. Honestly I don't mind the idea of how some nutjob experimenting with genders created female transformers, but I'd of rathered they'd made someone up for it than have Arcee be a robo-transexual. It's just really weird that way.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
This... really does nothing to entice me to buy it. At. All. What happened to the females not getting trashed all the time in TF?
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby genozaur » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 pm

OHMYGOD this story is gonna be so.... so ....grotescue, ,,so dark and so utterly haunting and grim and gritty

just how i like it

i love a good story like that

damn this is gonna be a good beginning for a transformers style stragith up horrorsetting

can't wait
genozaur
Minibot

Postby Heckfire » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Whether it's cool or not, I'm REALLY looking forward to when we don't have that huge screaming Bayformer face on the front page...*shudder*
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7

Postby RoboticZombie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Motto: "Michael Bay is the bomb!"
I wanna know why Thundercracker has 'boobs.' He must be really cold. :P
RoboticZombie
Mini-Con

Postby cybercat » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:41 am

Swiftpaw wrote:
I felt the same way about the 'origin' they wrote for the Arcee Spotlight. Honestly I don't mind the idea of how some nutjob experimenting with genders created female transformers, but I'd of rathered they'd made someone up for it than have Arcee be a robo-transexual. It's just really weird that way.

Actually, as an actual female, I really had HUGE problems with Furman's Spotlight. Let's start with the 'femmes is crazazy' and add to that the idea that she's vicious but ONLY to the man/mech whut done her wrong? (facepalm). Add to that the idea that 'female' is somehow less than male, and that the MALE mechs are the ones who notice the pronoun shift...all somehow without explaining exactly, 'scuse me, but, WTF the whole point of creating femmes is at all?!?!

I actually liked this story (Mowry's) a lot. I liked that it ISn't pretty, that she isn't some airheaded femmebot or preschool teacher (shakes fist at TFA), but seems tough and competent and maybe, just maybe, will save her OWN goddam butt without waiting for a man to come rescue her.

(And I heart Flatline. Big time.)

I think the only thing that upsets me is that it is, I believe, the last Mowry is writing for Transformers.

HK, now if only we could stop making femmes *pink*.
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Moon Bug » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Motto: "Perfection is a myth!"
hellkitty wrote:Actually, as an actual female, I really had HUGE problems with Furman's Spotlight. Let's start with the 'femmes is crazazy' and add to that the idea that she's vicious but ONLY to the man/mech whut done her wrong? (facepalm). Add to that the idea that 'female' is somehow less than male, and that the MALE mechs are the ones who notice the pronoun shift...all somehow without explaining exactly, 'scuse me, but, WTF the whole point of creating femmes is at all?!?!

I actually liked this story (Mowry's) a lot. I liked that it ISn't pretty, that she isn't some airheaded femmebot or preschool teacher (shakes fist at TFA), but seems tough and competent and maybe, just maybe, will save her OWN goddam butt without waiting for a man to come rescue her.

(And I heart Flatline. Big time.)

I think the only thing that upsets me is that it is, I believe, the last Mowry is writing for Transformers.

HK, now if only we could stop making femmes *pink*.

I don't see the point in having all femmes have a tough and competent fighting spirit. All Transformers are different. So what I don't have a problem with TFA's Arcee when you have Black Arachnia. Plus maybe having a character like Arcee is portrayed often would help bring young girls into being fans of the franchise. What is the problem with pink femmes? There are Blue femmes too. Should they stop making Blue male TFs too? There must have been a reason for the creation of femmes in the TF universes, so this reason should reflect in their attitude, tone of voice and frame. There is a reason for everything. Everyone has TFs they don't like. You don't like Arcee but that does not mean that her attitude should be different. I think she was portrayed quite well in TFA.

It's war! Anything goes!

Although I do kind of get sick of people always wanting to torture these femmebots in their stories.
Moon Bug
Fuzor

Postby cybercat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Lunar-tic wrote:
I don't see the point in having all femmes have a tough and competent fighting spirit. All Transformers are different. So what I don't have a problem with TFA's Arcee when you have Black Arachnia.

Oh yes, I'm sorry, why should I be offended by Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Nurturing Preschool Teacher when I also have Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Skank Who Uses Her Body To Manipulate Men? I forgot I had a choice.

The face shot in this snippet is pretty ghastly: she's pretty hot later on.

HK, And I LIKE TC's spike nipples. It's COLD in that lab!
cybercat
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Moon Bug » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 am

Motto: "Perfection is a myth!"
hellkitty wrote:Oh yes, I'm sorry, why should I be offended by Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Nurturing Preschool Teacher when I also have Lame Chauvinist Stereotype of Skank Who Uses Her Body To Manipulate Men? I forgot I had a choice.

Don't you write about Arcee selling her body? :roll: :P

I do agree with you that there should be a different view of femmes. But I don't think those characters should be changed, they should have introduced new characters instead. Having a lame chauvinist stereotype of nuturing preschool teacher was right for the story that was written in my opinion. And I really like Black Arachnia, she is one of my favourite characters.

Personally I hate the new Arcee look. The intended look that she should have had in the 1st movie was much better.
Moon Bug
Fuzor

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #50 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 SEP220083 50C (CA) Lotay"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr M LTD Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210654 9M (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #64 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR230313 64B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0823IM326 75E (CA) Quesada +Isanove"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #5 Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210594 (CA) Silva (W) Ayala"
CHILDREN OF THE AT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #72 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM313 72B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 NOV210747 4D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHILDREN OF THE ATOM #1 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2021 JAN219345 (CA) Coello"
CHILDREN OF THE AT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #73 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM315 73A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #5 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2021 JUL210975 5A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210646 9E (CA) Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr O FOC Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN228340 8O Chatzoudis"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr B Boom Comics 2022 JUN220383 9B (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #9 Cvr C Bodybag Boom Comics 2022 JUN220384 9C (CA) Kieu"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON