This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Device Label hitting North American shores?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Device Label hitting North American shores?

Postby Blurrz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Revision3's Tekzilla gives us a hint that Takara's Device Label might just be heading stateside soon. Tekzilla reports from CES 2010, a major tech festival in Las Vegas, Nevada. Not much information is given apart from what we know about the toys, although it appears that Toshiba might be behind this. That means we might be seeing Device Label Ravage, Tigatron, Grimlock and Trypticon in retail sometime soon. Unfortunately it looks like the rumored to be cancelled Blaster is to be left out. Check out the video here, or embed in this news post below.

<embed class="rev3PlayerEmbed" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://revision3.com/player-v4306" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" allowScriptAccess="always" width="555" height="312" />

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Device Label hitting North American shores?

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
hmmm, maybe I'll get the Trypticon Mouse if I have some spending dough, but it's not high on my list. Praying for Blaster to appear.

Nice find Blurrz!

Edit: On second though, that angle of Trypticon is not flattering at all. Absolute pass

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Mkall wrote:Nice find Blurrz!

I'm better when I'm drunk.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Blurrz wrote:

That's what she said

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby Black Arachnis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:55 pm

you know, if what I think is true we might still see Blaster, there was that listing for a transformers laptop for 20 USD earlier this week, that could be Device Label Blaster.
Black Arachnis
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 pm

why are they even called trypticon and grimlock?

all they have in common is the color scheme. take that away and you'd never guess its supposed to be a transformer much less specific characters.

least blaster and ravage look like themselves.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looks like ill be holding out on Ravage until we find out if this is true or not. I hope it is, im sure they'll be alot cheaper if they are released here.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Mkall wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

That's what she said

Isn't drunk your natural state of mind? It sure is mine..:-P
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Forgotten » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
I really hope this is true I need Ravage and I think i'll get Trypticon as well. Since I gave my 3 year old a computer to do his studies and games on and he's a Grimlock fan, i'll get him Grimlock. I know he'll be happy. Now give me a US Music Label Soundwave!......And a Sports Label Megatron while i'm dreaming.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby Duke of Luns » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Blurrz wrote:Revision3's Tekzilla gives us a hint that Takara's Device Label might just be heading stateside soon. Tekzilla reports from CES 2010, a major tech festival in Las Vegas, Nevada. Not much information is given apart from what we know about the toys, although it appears that Toshiba might be behind this.

That seems very likely. I just bought a Toshiba laptop, and there was a flyer included in the box, and the device labels were in it.

Ravage and Tigertron were $40, Tryps and Grimlock were $50. I can scan it if anyone wants me to, but it'll be a day or so until I can post it.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby rpetras » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Black Arachnis wrote:you know, if what I think is true we might still see Blaster, there was that listing for a transformers laptop for 20 USD earlier this week, that could be Device Label Blaster.

I dunno.

I suspect that's one of those goofball things the looks like a laptop for 2 year olds with the Autobot logo for a lid.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 am

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Hmmm...If I buy this things, maybe they will finally release Music Label Soundwave. Ravage as USB seems like a good idea to me. Dunno why would Grimlock or Trypticon even consider becoming a mouse.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Stormrider » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Too bad about Blaster. It seemed like he got pretty far along the development chain. I wonder why the plug got pulled.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Forgotten » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:32 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Stormrider wrote:Too bad about Blaster. It seemed like he got pretty far along the development chain. I wonder why the plug got pulled.

If I had to guess I would look at it from a technical point of view, it's probably a Q.C. issue. Since the core board would have been located in the torso and the connection plugs in the legs, there were probably some issues with wire breakage caused by ongoing transformation of the figure. If you ever cut open a usb wire you'll see how flimsy the wire strands inside of it is. That's just my guess.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 am

The mouse may have been better as Overkill, another one of Soundwave's minions. But the Trypticon colour scheme is nicer so maybe that's why.

Still, wouldn't say no to a Dinobot or Overkill repaint. A Steeljaw repaint of the Ravage mold would be nice too.

Definitely picking up Tigatron. I like how this kind of puts Tigatron in the G1 universe.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby karellan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm

I like how the guy in the video refers to the different modes as "transformered" and "non-transformered." lol
karellan
Micromaster

Postby Stormrider » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Forgotten wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Too bad about Blaster. It seemed like he got pretty far along the development chain. I wonder why the plug got pulled.

If I had to guess I would look at it from a technical point of view, it's probably a Q.C. issue. Since the core board would have been located in the torso and the connection plugs in the legs, there were probably some issues with wire breakage caused by ongoing transformation of the figure. If you ever cut open a usb wire you'll see how flimsy the wire strands inside of it is. That's just my guess.

You are probably right. I would have been psyched if they released Blaster without the USB device (at a lower price).
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231010J"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM315 7C (CA) Darboe"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM892 (CA) Cižmešija"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 4t ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #61 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A)Senior (CA) Perlin 231222Y"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #11 Marvel Comics 1985 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210481 30RI (CA) Shepherd (W)Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #23 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD ERA 23B JUN200583 (CA) Baumgartner"
TRANSFORMERS #23 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 JUN221676 4D (CA) Won"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 3RI (CA) Chan"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22B APR200730 (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210492 2RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230926C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON