This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Scans of MP-01B Masterpiece Black Convoy Comic

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Scans of MP-01B Masterpiece Black Convoy Comic

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The-Arker has kindly cooked up a little preview of the comic that accompanies MP-01B Masterpiece Black Convoy. The comic is written in Japanese and English, so us folk can still follow along. Check the pages out below.

Masterpiece Black Convoy did not come with the comic in the first release, however it looks like the comic will be included with it this time around.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Scans of MP-01B Masterpiece Black Convoy Comic

Postby guardianprime » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:13 pm

havnt really been paying attention to this guy despite the fact that i would really like him.

does anyone know if were going to be seeing nemi-prime on the States side?
guardianprime
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Rated X » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nemisis Prime never should have existed. A cheezy way to seel a repaint. Then create a storyline to justify his existance. Whats next ??? A red and yellow skitzo Megatron who aligns himself with the Autobots ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
i gotta say I wouldn't mind seeing most of the cast made into masterpiece figures, a whole mess'o'minicars would be awesome and i don't need to explain how incredible MP Devistator would be with individual robot modes in scale with the rest. Looking forward to a Rodimus. And while on the subject of MPs, when is a third party group going to make a city comander suit for MP Ultra Magnus? Who wouldn't buy that?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
IDW, this is the artist you should employ!
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
What in the world is going on in this story? Is that Optimus/Convoy, or is it an Eldedroid? What's with the U.S. names? Why so many grammar errors (it's like "Engrish on crack")? Isn't this supposed to take place with the rest of the post-JG2 eHobby stories? Why does this seem to take place during the middle part of the G1 cartoon? If it's a later setting, why is Ironhide alive and present (sure he was seen in The Headmasters, but the Japanese have learned since then)? Is that Diver or Waverider? Why is Splashdown there? Who shot the black Convoy at the end? Why does this story make no sense? Why?!! WHY?!! WHY?!!

:? :? :? :? :? :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Torneira » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am

I couln't agree more with Chaoslock. This artwork is like it's supposed to be to me for a comic of G1. It really captures my imagination.

Anyhow, to me it doesn't matter if it all makes sense or not. It would be look if it did but I don't mind having a repaint of Optimus in dark colours. It just makes him look mysterious cool. Like he would have a darkside... or at least not the side of kindness we all knew he had.

For instance Bumblebee g1. He is a bit of a softy and happy coloured VW Bug . But repaint him like the colours of black convoy and change his character along with it. An alt version of him as it were.

I remember also that episode 71 in season 3 "The Killing Jar" when they all went into the vortex/blackhole and their colours changed. Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Wreck-Gar and the quintessons had all of a sudden a different paintjob, like as negatives of photo's. Don't want actually that they repeaint them in those exact colours but, it could be a nice plot to justify the story behind Nemesis Prime?
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Fearing » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 am

Rated X wrote:Nemisis Prime never should have existed. A cheezy way to seel a repaint. Then create a storyline to justify his existance. Whats next ??? A red and yellow skitzo Megatron who aligns himself with the Autobots ???

...but... that's how all the Transformers were created. They repainted (in most cases they didn't even do that much)diaclone toys and then made a story around them, then they created new toys and worked them into the show and comics to create a story around them. It rarely went the other way. Now if they were to stop making new toys and just repaint everything constantly, then, yeah, I'd probably be annoyed, but this is one of the cooler looking repaint characters around, so I can't really complain about this other than the fact that I can't afford it.
Fearing
Mini-Con

Postby speedracex » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 am

While I have yet to open my MP-01B, If im reading this correctly this comic is not included inside?" Only in the later releases? If so is E-Hobby going to make it available to the people who want one who already purchased this figure?
speedracex
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Convotron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:46 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Rated X wrote:Whats next ??? A red and yellow skitzo Megatron who aligns himself with the Autobots ???

Yes.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 am

Torneira wrote:For instance Bumblebee g1. He is a bit of a softy and happy coloured VW Bug . But repaint him like the colours of black convoy and change his character along with it. An alt version of him as it were.
You mean like this:

Or even this:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Torneira » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 pm

LoL yeah spot on! That's exactly what I mean. Especially the second pic, I want that figure!
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:50 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Interesting comic. The cliffhanger definitely hints that another MP exclusive is on the way with another comic to finish the story.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:50 am

Stormrider wrote:Interesting comic. The cliffhanger definitely hints that another MP exclusive is on the way with another comic to finish the story.
Or rather, another eHobby exclusive, MP or otherwise.

This is supposed to be following the story that came with Laser Ultra Magnus, Galvatron II, and Hybrid Style Convoy Black Version. But, this comic seems to be a bit confusing as to how it follows that story.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Mach » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
The-Arker has posted the scanned images of second & final part of the MP-01B Black Convoy comic.
This comic is comes with Japanese version MP-01B Convoy Black version, there is no comic provided in the earlier Hong Kong/Asia version.

If you wish to view the first part, check out our previous news post here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... mic/17681/

Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:05 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Rated X wrote:Nemisis Prime never should have existed. A cheezy way to seel a repaint. Then create a storyline to justify his existance. Whats next ??? A red and yellow skitzo Megatron who aligns himself with the Autobots ???

Black Primes have been with us for nearly a decade. It's been explained in older fiction as well. It was Nucleon Quest armor then. I collect Black Prime/Primal/Convoy figures so I was happy to see this. You obviously don't. Complaining about it does nothing to change the fact that this isn't going to be the last Black repaint we ever see. Oh and Shattered Glass Megatron is an Autobot in spirit if not name.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Vegitron » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Motto: "Run away! Run away!"
Does this version of MP-01B also come with the die-cast nameplate, or does the comic replace it?
Vegitron
Fuzor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Collecticon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Vegitron wrote:Does this version of MP-01B also come with the die-cast nameplate, or does the comic replace it?

This is the exact same release as the one prior, only it's via a different outlet and comes with the comic. The metal name plate is included.
Collecticon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby tarZen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:24 am

Why do Optimus and Megatron have human hands?

And damn, the Engrish is unbearable!
tarZen
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:47 am

Okay, after reading these newer pages, I can see that they acknowledge that this is not Optimus Prime. So it's gotta be an Eldedroid.

But, the story itself still doesn't make any sense.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:What's with the U.S. names? Why so many grammar errors (it's like "Engrish on crack")?

About the English names, the Japanese still spells out "Convoy" for Optimus. Also, Japanese is a difficult language to properly translate in a timely fashion. The Japanese were never experts in that to begin with.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Okay, after taking a lok over at TFWiki.net's article on this comic, some light has been shed.

First off, that's not Optimus Prime. Nor is it Nemesis Prime. It's an Eldedroid that is being controlled by a human named "Dan". And just who do we know of in the TFG1 cartoon fiction hat has that name? None other than Daniel Witwicky. Daniel slaggin' Witwicky! Though, given the time period at which this comic takes place, he would have to be at least in his 30's by now.

The presense of Ironhide and the Constructicons are a bit puzzling, give nthat Ironhide died in the G1 movie and the Constructicons (as Devastator) were destroyed in the Zone episode. However, Ironhide did show up in the Headmasters TV series, so this kind of odd occurance has happened before.

Megatron being is his G1 body is also questionable. He was last seen retreating into space in his G2 Hero tank body. Guess he liked his old form so much he rebuilt himself into it?

Also, given that this is the Japanese cartoon continuity, I'd say that that Diver instead of Wavereider who's partnered up with Splashdown (who himself might be there just for kicks, I guess).
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Collecticon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Sounds ridiculous enough to be Black Convoy to me :-)
Collecticon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Collecticon wrote:Sounds ridiculous enough to be Black Convoy to me :-)
It's called an "Eldedroid". This one's name is "Dan" (or "Dann", as it was mispelled as such here).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SS-118 OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Studio Series Leader Rise Beasts ROTB Takara"
NEW!
SS-118 OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GALVATRON Transformers Studio Series 90 Age of Extinction AOE Movie Voyager 2022"
GALVATRON Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDEWAYS Transformers Studio Series 88 Movie ROTF Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
SIDEWAYS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON