This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 Five-Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 Five-Page Preview

Postby Blurrz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
We get a preview of some high-flying action and big explosions thanks to the folks at Comic Book Resources. It's an exclusive preview of the Last Stand of the Wreckers #1. The five part series starts this Wednesday. Check out the covers, information and a little sneak peek below....

STORY BY: Nick Roche
ART BY: Nick Roche
COVER BY: Nick Roche, Trevor Hutchinson
PUBLISHER: IDW
COVER PRICE: $3.99
RELEASE DATE: Wed, January 27th, 2010

The AUTOBOT special ops crew, THE WRECKERS, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the DECEPTICONS three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who’s really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits SPRINGER there? Writer/artist Nick Roche (Maximum Dinobots) does all the dirty work.

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1-to-1 ratio.

...while the rest can be seen at your own discretion here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 Five-Page Preview

Postby Firebird » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
I think I'll actually be going to my comic shop on Wednesday instead of waiting the day or two like I've been doing recently.

Thanks for the news Blurrz!
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I love comics, I love Transformers, I love Transformers comics!! can't wait for wednesday! This looks great! I really liked the look of Maximum Dinobots, i'm stoked to see Roche do it again, the art is always exactly what the writer wants when he does it himself, this is going to be great!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Mechabreaker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
The last page was just epic! What happened to Fortress Maximus is certainly not the end I'd wish for. I can't wait for this book to hit the shelves on Wednesday! =P~

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby JediJerseyJoe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Motto: ""Through strength of arms, comes victory!""
I like almost everything about this, save a few things.

1) I don't like that they made fort max all 'normal' bot size... I kinda always liked the idea, that BEYOND omega supreme, BEYOND metroplex, the autobots had one remaining GIGANTIC ace up their sleeves.. in the form of ASSKICKING FORT MAX!

2) I would like more character development for some of the lesser known guys they seem to be killing off at an advanced rate. I guess I will have to go back and do some more G2 and JP homework, cause some of those guys I don't even recognize, and I like to know who bots are when writers are killing them off left and right...

other then that, looks BADDASSS
"The Matrix will light our Darkest Hour"

Collections complete MISB: US G1, Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines, Energon, Energon Power links, RID, Cybertron, Universe.
JediJerseyJoe
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Josh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:13 am

a lot of the bots in these preview pages here are mostly generics so

no worries about finding out who a lot of them are ;P
Josh
Micromaster
News Credits: 30

Postby Psychomud » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am

JediJerseyJoe wrote:I don't like that they made fort max all 'normal' bot size...

I think thats what we will find out. I suspect that ever since we first saw Max in one of the spotlight issues (forget whic one) - it was prior to his 'reformatting' into a bigger bot.

My money is that in the end, Max becomes his super-sized self and ends up being a 'living jail' - ala FORT MAX.

PS/sidenote - awesome colors as always Josh! And Nick is quickly going from awesome artist to awesome writer/artist!

Wonder if Simon Furman can draw? :grin:
Psychomud
Minibot

Postby partholon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 am

JediJerseyJoe wrote:I like almost everything about this, save a few things.

1) I don't like that they made fort max all 'normal' bot size... I kinda always liked the idea, that BEYOND omega supreme, BEYOND metroplex, the autobots had one remaining GIGANTIC ace up their sleeves.. in the form of ASSKICKING FORT MAX!

2) I would like more character development for some of the lesser known guys they seem to be killing off at an advanced rate. I guess I will have to go back and do some more G2 and JP homework, cause some of those guys I don't even recognize, and I like to know who bots are when writers are killing them off left and right...

other then that, looks BADDASSS

may get your wish dude.

acording to the solicits its not the last well see of max though after that scene you have to think of the word "grizly" in how he must look.

five pages of preview and not a wrecker to be seen.

FANTASTIC.

Looks like were gonna get some great build up of bad guys before springer and co turn up and thats very welcome to me. being from the same side of the atlantic as nick i get a kick out of seeing guys like snare but its important to realise most people wont have a clue who these guys are so to see em getting some character will go along way to helping the impact this series should have amongst average fans

certainly im liking how overlord is buing built up.

a good start :)
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wow, these 5 pages alone are so captivating and have so much action. I cannot wait for this to come out tomorrow. So far, this looks to be what I've been looking for in the IDW-verse. Let the body count begin!!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 am

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
:shock: SO intense... I can't even talk about it right now. I'll buy it tommorrow.
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby Mechabreaker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote::shock: SO intense... I can't even talk about it right now. I'll buy it tommorrow.

Same here, Ultra Magnus. I truly cannot wait to read this comic. The art and the story both look fan-slaggin'-tastic. I feel that Last Stand of the Wreckers is destined to be just as awesome as DC Comics' "52." :APPLAUSE:

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:49 am

:BOT: I'm loving the current ongoing though I must admit that Wreckers has way more action. In #1 alone, the body count is already high :shock:

This might sound silly but I love the idea of giving Kup a "cigar." Perfect :lol:

Great start. Digging it much more than Bumblebee. :CON:
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby lowman_x » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 am

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
Okay, this post has potential SPOILERS for anyone who hasn't read LSotW yet.

HOLY F***ING CRAP BALLS TO THE WALL AWESOME!!!!!!

Nick Roche is a fantastic writer and artist and his ability to write fast-paced and well-scripted pieces is amazing. Character introductions and characterisation in general are top-notch. I love the witty banter between everyone.

Verity as a Wrecker? I didn't see that coming and I REALLY hope they explain her being there in a more in-depth way (where's Jimmy?). It also explains Magnus' use of Earth lingo when he arrives on Earth in the ongoing.

I am REALLY digging this story so far (yeah, only 1 issue in and I'm gushing like a fanboy) and, being a reader of the UK Marvel TFs the introduction of IMPACTOR is like a veritable nerdgasm right here.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:31 am

:BOT: Which reminds me, who's Verity?

I have never heard of that character before. I thought she was created just for the book... :CON:
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:39 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Supreme Convoy wrote::BOT: Which reminds me, who's Verity?

I have never heard of that character before. I thought she was created just for the book... :CON:

She was idw's first human character way back in infiltration #0. She Jimmy and Hunter where the main Human cast you know before AHM happened and ruined what where the best human character in any TF related media, any I love them more tha G1 cartoon Spike and Sparkplug and I love those two.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Verity
So she's back, if it wheren#t for idw's thing of changing everything every now and then may consider restarting my TF comic subscription, but as it is I'll only be bothering with Nick#s stuff from now on.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Random » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 am

Supreme Convoy wrote:This might sound silly but I love the idea of giving Kup a "cigar." Perfect :lol:

You gotta check out Kup's spotlight where it explains the "cigar" deal. It's a neat story.
Random
Vehicon

Postby Prime Evil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:40 am

FINALLY!! A good Transformers read and with some very funny dialogue to boot. The banter between the characters were great, and I actually like Verity here. Whodathunkit?

From beginning to the end, this read was very enjoyable. The tone of events that happen on Garrus-9 are a complete and total opposite of what we are getting for the bots side, before they start their "suicide mission". I like that. We can see how serious this is going to be, but at the same time we aren't there yet. It's still early for these new recruits and I can forsee the tone changeing once we get into the thick of the story. Well done. I was thinking bout this book while driving into work today, analyzing why this Verity was more enjoyable to me. Then it hits me. She's treating these bots like we all do. Most of us have grown up with these bots and really do not care for the fear of them (I don't care for the fear of giant robots stuff, really.). Granted it's not real world, and yes we would fear them, but I do not live in the comic world, that's not the story I'm looking for, I have movie-verse for that. I currently do NOT care for the interactions between Spike and Prime. But the interaction with Verity and the Wreckers was great. Just another girl on a ship with commando bots. No big. Just like how we ourselves feel, because "we" are used to them. I have two favorite quotes from this book, and one was Kup's response to Verity's wit, "you, me, and an airlock kid." Bwhahahaha!! Great! :) Oh, and the other line that to me is an instant classic..."Alt modes are for wimps!"

The artwork and colors are also top notch. Always been a fan of Nick's work, especially his spotlight stuff, but Max Dino's got clutter. I like what he's done here. And Josh's colors, good job man! I noticed the difference when reading what was happening on Garrus-9 and what was different when reading the bots side of the story. Garrus-9 was a little grittier, while the bot's side was definitely cleaner and smoother. It took me a bit of staring, because I knew there was a difference, but just couldn't put my finger on what it was. Subtle.

Over all, I'm very happy that this is out. Transformers ongoing, I guess it's catered more for the general comic book readers/new TF movie fans, but for me, this is what I want. You can have Megs and Prime and all them human loving earth stories, I'll take Wreckers and Overlord and some good ole fashion autobot and decepticon carnage.
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Random wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:This might sound silly but I love the idea of giving Kup a "cigar." Perfect :lol:

You gotta check out Kup's spotlight where it explains the "cigar" deal. It's a neat story.

:BOT: It's been a long time since I've read Kup's issue. All I remember is the zombie part.

I'll have to dig that up. :CON:
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt

Postby Prime Evil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Supreme Convoy wrote:
Random wrote:

:BOT: It's been a long time since I've read Kup's issue. All I remember is the zombie part.

He means the Prowl AHM Coda story. That explains Kup's Cy-Gar.
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Prime Evil wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:
Random wrote:

Nah, it was Kup's AHM story, not his spotlight. IDW has confounded us all, I'm probably not even correct.

I did enjoy this read much more than the others. I think the art is excellent, and I think Don's is great too, minus all the weird faces.

Anyway, the use of so many more obscure (to the US anyway) is nice. NOt sure I like the direction that they seem to be going with Overlord... but it seems there just can't be a Decepticon leader who is not cranked in the head somehow.

Loved seeing Ironfist, and Pyro (and no this is not an Avengers or X-Men title). Two awesome toys finally get some time into the light.

Lots of cool action. This one is going to be a hit.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Skill: 10

Postby lowman_x » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
So, is anyone else interested in Ironfist?

Let's look here... he has a "scar" on the side of his head... he blacks out... he (as Fisitron) managed to get all this info on the Wreckers declassified and is extremely knowledgable on the outfit... can we say "mole"? May we also surmise that maybe, just maybe, he's got himself a cerebro shell stuck in that head of his?

Hmmm...?

Also, I'm assuming that this is set just before Ultra Magnus turns up on Earth so does that mean we may have Verity turn up in the on-going? What might be in store for her character? Headmaster? Powermaster? Targetmaster? Nothing like that at all? Dead during the LSotW?
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Firepower: 6

Postby Mechabreaker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 am

lowman_x wrote:So, is anyone else interested in Ironfist?

Let's look here... he has a "scar" on the side of his head... he blacks out... he (as Fisitron) managed to get all this info on the Wreckers declassified and is extremely knowledgable on the outfit... can we say "mole"? May we also surmise that maybe, just maybe, he's got himself a cerebro shell stuck in that head of his?

Hmmm...?

Also, I'm assuming that this is set just before Ultra Magnus turns up on Earth so does that mean we may have Verity turn up in the on-going? What might be in store for her character? Headmaster? Powermaster? Targetmaster? Nothing like that at all? Dead during the LSotW?

It's still too early to tell. I'm sure we'll find out in the coming months, I really liked this issue, and I have high hopes for this miniseries.

Mechabreaker
Vehicon

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:01 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ironfist may be one of the more interesting characters in the story.

Yes, he is definitely set up for being a spy.

I am interested to see if what has happened to Fort Max somehow cues his headmaster process.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Prime Evil » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:52 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:
Random wrote:

Nah, it was Kup's AHM story, not his spotlight. IDW has confounded us all, I'm probably not even correct.

LOL, ya know. You're right. And I'm still kinda confused! :D
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #3 2nd printing Image Comics 2020 DEC198444 (CA) Camuncoli"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM406 4A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM330 87C (CA) Wu"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #24 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM325 24B (CA) Ngu"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #268 Cvr B retro Image Comics 2024 0723IM806 268B (W/A/CA) Larsen"
NEW!
SAVAGE DRAGON #268 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 3B GI JOE 1223IM272 (CA) Shalvey (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1123IM342 4A (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAHA #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 MAR210196 5B (CA) Connelly (A) Walta (W) Prince"
HAHA #5 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 3D sealed Image Comics 2022 JUN220022 (CA) Valentino"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #67 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAY230298 67D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #305 Cvr A Image Comics 0124IM258 305A (CA) Kubert"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR239178 (CA) Marz (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 4C 0224IM257 (CA) Burnham + Reber"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON