This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Clearer Pictures and Listing for Wonderfest The Burning Fallen Crystal Version

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Clearer Pictures and Listing for Wonderfest The Burning Fallen Crystal Version

Postby Blurrz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Thanks to Japanese online store eHobby, we get a listing for the Wonderfest Exclusive for 2010. The figure will be on sale at Wonderfest, and the rest will be available for sale at eHobby. The exclusive figure is a variant of the The Fallen that was exclusive to Target, which you can see in our galleries here. This version has clear orange plastic parts, aiming to simulate 'fire' on the figure. You can check out the pictures below.

The Crystal Fallen's product page can be found here. The Winter Wonderfest will occur in Tokyo on February 7.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Clearer Pictures and Listing for Wonderfest The Burning Fallen Crystal Version

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
((1st))

Huh, interesting. I hate the Burning repaint of The Fallen, and I don't like the green original colour of The Fallen, but I'm liking this Crystal Burning Fallen. I wish I could get my hands on one.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Clearer Pictures and Listing for Wonderfest The Burning Fallen Crystal Version

Postby starfish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:28 am

Yeah, this looks much better now we've finally got some decent pictures of this guy.

As a completist (and a madman), I was always going to get this guy anyway... but now I feel a lot better about it!
starfish
Combiner
News Credits: 2

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:02 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
starfish wrote:Yeah, this looks much better now we've finally got some decent pictures of this guy.

As a completist (and a madman), I was always going to get this guy anyway... but now I feel a lot better about it!

As a "take it or leave it" completionist, this is probably going to be a pass, unless it's on clearance at BBTS.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Requiem Prime » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Ah man! Just after I got the old burning repaint #-o I'm really liking how the clear brings home the burning look. Japan always gets better stuff :(
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby FracturedKoi » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Hmm...The Great Pumpkin does indeed look better with translucent orange plastic as opposed to safety-orange. Still...just meh :/
FracturedKoi
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from FracturedKoi on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8

Postby Megatronsdemise666 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
this is still a pass for me :?
and the clear orange parts would probably break since translucent plastic is softer than normal plastic

why couldn't Hasbro and Takara make a leader class version of the fallen instead of making battle ops bumblebee :-?
Megatronsdemise666
Fuzor
Endurance: 8
Courage: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Samsonator » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:05 am

Motto: ""Death is the only way out.""
Weapon: Sword of Fury
Clear orange plastic for a "Burning" version? It seems like such a no-brainer one must wonder why Hasbro didn't think of this from the start. I never liked the solid orange of the regular Burning Fallen, but this is pretty classy. Either way since I own no figures of the Fallen and barring a leader class release probably never will, I'm not really that enthused, but it just goes to show that someone's got their thinking caps on right this time around.

- Sam
Samsonator: I swear I'm still here! Yes, I know it's been fourteen years...
Toy reviews on YouTube? Don't mind if I do!
I build model kits on Twitch, too!
Samsonator
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch Samsonator on YouTube
Alt Mode: Tank
Speed: 4
Courage: 6

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Samsonator wrote:Clear orange plastic for a "Burning" version? It seems like such a no-brainer one must wonder why Hasbro didn't think of this from the start. I never liked the solid orange of the regular Burning Fallen, but this is pretty classy. Either way since I own no figures of the Fallen and barring a leader class release probably never will, I'm not really that enthused, but it just goes to show that someone's got their thinking caps on right this time around.

- Sam

Probably because it wouldn't pass safety standards. Translucent plastic is more fragile. But, Takara is the company that put translucent knee joints in Superlink Fire Convoy. :-(
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Samsonator wrote:Clear orange plastic for a "Burning" version? It seems like such a no-brainer one must wonder why Hasbro didn't think of this from the start. I never liked the solid orange of the regular Burning Fallen, but this is pretty classy. Either way since I own no figures of the Fallen and barring a leader class release probably never will, I'm not really that enthused, but it just goes to show that someone's got their thinking caps on right this time around.

- Sam

Probably because it wouldn't pass safety standards. Translucent plastic is more fragile. But, Takara is the company that put translucent knee joints in Superlink Fire Convoy. :-(

Translucent plastic being more fragile is just a myth. However, it is more expensive. Hasbro and expensive don't mix, remember guys? ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Skill: 5

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:This will be the same as the Target exclusive. Bet it.

Heh.

Still not sure if this is as good as sold for me. How long til wonderfest?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Speed: 7

Postby UltraPrimal » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Oh, he actually has clear orange bits. It's nice, but I think I'll stick with my Zellers exclusive version.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Elvaan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Motto: "Who the hell do you think I am?"
Weapon: Slingshot
I like the paint on the Alt. mode, and that's it. The figure w/ this color is...ugh. I'll stick with my forest green The Fallen.
STEAM: Tengen Toppa ELVAAN Lagann
PSN: Elvaangohst

Geewunner review of Michael Bay Transformers movies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwAXcR6wRuQ
Elvaan
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 8
Courage: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby starfish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Translucent plastic being more fragile is just a myth. However, it is more expensive. Hasbro and expensive don't mix, remember guys? ;)

Exactly correct. So long as the transparent plastic and the opaque plastic in question are of the same basic type (i.e. have the same chemical formula), then they will have identical brittleness.

There are a lot of clear plastics out there that are very brittle (such as those used to make the 'jewel'-type CD cases, and there are many types of opaque 'bendy' plastics out there that can take a lot of stress before eventually cracking... so it's easy to see where the misconception comes from.
starfish
Combiner

Postby starfish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Still not sure if this is as good as sold for me. How long til wonderfest?

February the 7th.
starfish
Combiner

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:13 pm

I am NOT he!"
starfish wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Translucent plastic being more fragile is just a myth. However, it is more expensive. Hasbro and expensive don't mix, remember guys? ;)

Exactly correct. So long as the transparent plastic and the opaque plastic in question are of the same basic type (i.e. have the same chemical formula), then they will have identical brittleness.

There are a lot of clear plastics out there that are very brittle (such as those used to make the 'jewel'-type CD cases, and there are many types of opaque 'bendy' plastics out there that can take a lot of stress before eventually cracking... so it's easy to see where the misconception comes from.

I do know the translucent plastic used on SL Fire Convoy is very brittle, while the regular release doesn't suffer the problem.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby starfish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:I do know the translucent plastic used on SL Fire Convoy is very brittle, while the regular release doesn't suffer the problem.

Hmm, so it looks like they're using an entirely different type of plastic for the clear parts then. As I said, clear plastic will have the same properties ONLY IF it has an identical chemical composition to the opaque stuff.

Come to think of it, I have noticed this before. Remember that Hyper Hobby Magazine mail-away clear Legends Bumblebee that came out around the time of the 2007 movie? Well I noticed a crack in the plastic near the hinge joint where the hood swings up and down to form the robot chest. Fortunately the little guy is so easy to get a hold of on ebay... looks like I'd better get a spare copy of the new version (which came free with the ROTF DVD in Japan) just in case the same thing happens again, because that one seems to be a bit trickier to get a hold of.
starfish
Combiner

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 pm

I am NOT he!"
starfish wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I do know the translucent plastic used on SL Fire Convoy is very brittle, while the regular release doesn't suffer the problem.

Hmm, so it looks like they're using an entirely different type of plastic for the clear parts then. As I said, clear plastic will have the same properties ONLY IF it has an identical chemical composition to the opaque stuff.

Come to think of it, I have noticed this before. Remember that Hyper Hobby Magazine mail-away clear Legends Bumblebee that came out around the time of the 2007 movie? Well I noticed a crack in the plastic near the hinge joint where the hood swings up and down to form the robot chest. Fortunately the little guy is so easy to get a hold of on ebay... looks like I'd better get a spare copy of the new version (which came free with the ROTF DVD in Japan) just in case the same thing happens again, because that one seems to be a bit trickier to get a hold of.

I haven't even bothered with the ROTF Tsutaya version yet. And my Hyper Hobby Scanning version is still mint in bag, in the opened box. I probably won't even bother taking it out.

The SL Fire Convoys seem to use a milky, swirly plastic, which looks sort of the same as this. The regular Superlink stuff is rock hard, but Fire Convoy is crazy brittle.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETRITUS Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Hasbro 2023 New"
DETRITUS Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD HAULER Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager Hasbro 2022 New"
ROAD HAULER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON