This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Press Release: IDW Announces Two Sold-Out Titles in One Week

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Press Release: IDW Announces Two Sold-Out Titles in One Week

Postby Seibertron » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/1001/

Monday, Feb 1st, 2010 - New comics series TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 and G.I. JOE: COBRA II #1 both going toG.I. JOE: COBRA II #1 2nd printing cover second printing

San Diego, CA (February 1, 2010) - The excitement keeps growing for IDW Publishing's TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE comics, with two new sold-out series last week. On Wednesday, January 27th, IDW released G.I. JOE: COBRA II #1, a continuation of the acclaimed COBRA series, and TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the WRECKERS #1, a new miniseries spinning out of IDW's ongoing story. Both comics flew off the shelves and are already sold-out though Diamond. Under license from Hasbro, IDW is rushing to a second printing for each, and fans can expect them in stores on February 10th.

"This is a really exciting time for fans of both TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE," said Andy Schmidt, editor of both lines of comics for IDW. "We've tried a lot of new things and had a lot of success due to the support of not only the existing fan base but also many newer fans who are discovering these comics for the first time."

TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the WRECKERS #1 2nd printing coverIn TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the WRECKERS, fan-favorite writer and artist Nick Roche helms the five-issue series, which rounds out IDW's trifecta of new TRANSFORMERS comics, including the new ongoing series and TRANSFORMERS: BUMBLEBEE. WRECKERS gives fans a taste of what's been happening off of Earth as the WRECKERS investigate a prison planet that fell to the evil DECEPTICONS three years ago. Called "a festival of awesome" by TFormers.com, the second printing of WRECKERS #1 will feature a variant cover by Roche.

"TRANSFORMERS fans braved some pretty bad Chicago weather to come out and get TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the WRECKERS#1 on Wednesday. Both old and new fans of TRANSFORMERS alike were quickly drawn to the book due to the amazing art by fan-favorite Nick Roche. And honestly, nobody can resist a Kup story," said Jimmy PS Hayes of Graham Cracker Comics in Wheaton, IL.

Written by Mike Costa and Christos Gage, G.I. JOE: COBRA II continues the danger and suspense of the acclaimed G.I. JOE: COBRA series, as the G.I. JOE team penetrates the evil COBRA organization and eventually comes face to face with COBRA COMMANDER himself. The masterful art of Antonio Fuso gives new layers to the subtle yet undeniable divide that fans have witnessed within COBRA, highlighted in the celebrated G.I. JOE: COBRA Special #1. The second printing of G.I. JOE: COBRA II #1 will offer an exclusive new variant cover treatment.

"With the recent success of the G.I. JOE comics, we were on top of this new series and made plans to bring it in. Early demand caused us to increase quantities before release and we still sold out the first week," commented Mike D'Elia of Astro-Zombies in Albuquerque, NM.

TRANSFORMERS: Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 (of 5; $3.99; 32 page; full color; 2nd printing) will be available in stores on February 10th. Diamond order code: DEC09 8305.

G.I. JOE: COBRA II #1 ($3.99, 32 pages; full color; 2nd printing) will be available in stores on February 10th. Diamond order code: DEC09 8306.

Visit IDWPublishing.com to learn more about the company and its top-selling books.

--------------------------------------------------

About IDW Publishing

IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro's The Transformers and G.I. JOE, Paramount's Star Trek; Fox's Angel; the BBC's Doctor Who; and television's #1 prime time series CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. IDW is also home to the Library of American Comics imprint, which publishes classic comic reprints; Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studios; and is the print publisher for ComicMix.

IDW's original horror series, 30 Days of Night, was launched as a major motion picture in October 2007 by Sony Pictures and was the #1 film in its first week of release. More information about the company can be found at IDWPublishing.com.

--------------------------------------------------

About Hasbro

Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Press Release: IDW Announces Two Sold-Out Titles in One Week

Postby Blurrz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Impactor! Too bad his arrival is a bit 'odd'.... heck, it even screams evil.
Last edited by Blurrz on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Awesome. I dig both of those issues!

Hopefully more people check those out.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I can't wait for the TPB version!! And we are only 1 issue in!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Totally Fresh!

My LCS in Seattle (Arcane Comics & more) has an awesome service in which they pull any title you wish, bag and board everything, and order variants and additional printings for you. Of coarse I get everything Transformers and the Gospel that is Robert Kirkman. I look forward to seeing this in my box, this cover is pretty dynamic and a nice alternate to the family portrait of issue 1! I don't have my issue infront of me but is this cover the same as the last frame of issue 1?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby mechabooks » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
I don't want to seem like I'm being horribly negative about IDW selling out of 2 titles last week but, I think it is important to keep some facts in mind. 1.) It is winter- comic sales are usually A LOT lower in the winter than any other time of year. 2.) With that in mind, comic companies tend to print less copies of books than they normally would. 3.) With points 1 and 2 it is easy for a comic to sell out. 4.) IDW is a small company when you look at the giants Marvel and DC. IDW prints a tiny fraction of books compared to the big guys. When it comes to the winter, a bad economy and retailers being able to reduce their orders down, it is real easy for a title to sell out. It is a ploy to create hype. I've seen it done time and time again. These days comics are virtually printed to order.

I'm not putting IDW or their books down,just adding my 2 cents.
mechabooks
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby Mechabreaker » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Last Stand of the Wreckers #1 was awesome! So I think it deserves to be printed for a second time. Good on IDW, I can't wait for issue #2 to hit the shelves!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I really Enjoyed #1, and I was glad to see characters that are normally forgotten among the G1 Greats have a role to play, such as Overlord, Skyquake and Impactor. I'm hoping to see more coolness in future issues.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby genozaur » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 am

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODTHATSIMPACTORTHATSIMPACTOR

SSHHHRRRIEEEEEEK
genozaur
Minibot

Postby partholon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

YES !

if this keeps up this means more wreckers goodness.

and i'd have to take issue with that retailers opinion. i dont think its nicks art thats drawing people in.

its his and james writing.

wreckers is one of the best written TF books in years, from pacing to dialogue to subplots.

lessons here for the ongoing.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Carcass » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 pm

While this is the first Transformers comic I've actually enjoyed since they axed Furman's regular run, am I the only person who thinks it's a completely chode move by IDW to not even use new artwork for the cover of this second printing? By putting the last panel of the comic on the cover, they've blown the biggest spoiler of this issue's story for those who haven't even read it yet and it's only been out a few days.
Carcass
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby morphobots » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:17 am

Carcass wrote:While this is the first Transformers comic I've actually enjoyed since they axed Furman's regular run, am I the only person who thinks it's a completely chode move by IDW to not even use new artwork for the cover of this second printing? By putting the last panel of the comic on the cover, they've blown the biggest spoiler of this issue's story for those who haven't even read it yet and it's only been out a few days.

Speaking of Simon Furman's writing, has nobody else noticed how the first issue pretty much negates what he wrote in Spotlight: Arcee and Spotlight: Sideswipe? Sorry, "re-imagines" it, as they say nowadays. From those two issues, Garrus-9 was still standing well enough after the raid to release the Monster Pretenders to allow Jetfire, Fortress Maximus, and Arcee to have a debate about gender roles, and for Optimus to drop by later and notice Arcee's personal handiwork done to several Decepticons (as well as her spark missing from detention). Note that I said FM was there in the aftermath, as well as in the later firefight against Straxus on Eart;, not languishing half-dead in some Decepticon-conquered pit. I have loved Nick's work, both writing and art, up to now, and still do, but this just seems outright sloppy to me. IDW's TF run hasn't gone on long enough like X-Men or Batman to account for this big a continuity hiccup.
morphobots
Targetmaster

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:07 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
morphobots wrote:
Carcass wrote:While this is the first Transformers comic I've actually enjoyed since they axed Furman's regular run, am I the only person who thinks it's a completely chode move by IDW to not even use new artwork for the cover of this second printing? By putting the last panel of the comic on the cover, they've blown the biggest spoiler of this issue's story for those who haven't even read it yet and it's only been out a few days.

Speaking of Simon Furman's writing, has nobody else noticed how the first issue pretty much negates what he wrote in Spotlight: Arcee and Spotlight: Sideswipe? Sorry, "re-imagines" it, as they say nowadays. From those two issues, Garrus-9 was still standing well enough after the raid to release the Monster Pretenders to allow Jetfire, Fortress Maximus, and Arcee to have a debate about gender roles, and for Optimus to drop by later and notice Arcee's personal handiwork done to several Decepticons (as well as her spark missing from detention). Note that I said FM was there in the aftermath, as well as in the later firefight against Straxus on Eart;, not languishing half-dead in some Decepticon-conquered pit. I have loved Nick's work, both writing and art, up to now, and still do, but this just seems outright sloppy to me. IDW's TF run hasn't gone on long enough like X-Men or Batman to account for this big a continuity hiccup.

Are you even surprised after reading AHM and Continuum? At least Nick's stuff is awesome in more than the art department.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #3 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2022 JUL220901 (W)Zdarsky (CA) Maleev 220928"
DAREDEVIL #3 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #22 var Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230861 (CA) Reilly (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #22 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #11 Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230954 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #11 Marve ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BLITZ #1 Marvel Comics 2022 APR220885 (CA) Asrar"
Punisher War Journ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230920 (CA) Perez (W) Rowell (A) Genolet"
SHE-HULK #15 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #8 Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221023 (CA) Ngu (W) Percy (A) Smith"
GHOST RIDER #8 Mar ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Ghost Rider Wolverine WEAPONS VENGEANCE #1 Marvel Comics JUN230947 (CA) Perez"
Ghost Rider Wolver ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #15 var Last Look Marvel Comics 2023 APR230856 (CA) Cabal (W) Percy"
GHOST RIDER #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230685 (CA) Marquez (W) Ahmed (A) Kuder"
DAREDEVIL #2 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #11 var anniversary Marvel Comics NOV220963 (CA) Campbell 230410A"
GHOST RIDER #11 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL #1 Marvel Comics 2023 JUN230889 (CA) Yu"
MOON KNIGHT ANNUAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #10 var Marvel Comics 2023 JAN230953 (CA) Hotz (W) Aaron"
PUNISHER #10 var M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL Woman Without Fear #1 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210819 (CA) Hitch"
DAREDEVIL Woman Wi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #28 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230816 (CA) Torque (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #28 va ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON