News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Motto: "I'm your huckleberry."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
More news has been forwarded our way courtesy of Seibertron.com member Philister about Toy Fair 2010 from Nuremberg, Germany.

Most of the information is what we've learned from previous reports, but some new info on the Robot Powered Machine line and Power Core Combiners lines was passed on to us that fans may enjoy. Here's what was shared:

The RPMs line seems to a major success and there'll be lots of new products there. Apart from at least a dozen new RPM cars I've seen, there is a new race track / play set, titled "Bumblebee's Battle Track".

Additionally a new RPM subline called "Stealth Force" was introduced. This line consists of Voyager- and Deluxe-sized vehicles. They can't transform into robots, but they do electronically fold out weapons and other technical knick-knacks. Optimus Prime and Megatron come in Voyager-size, Bumblebee in Deluxe size.

Finally, the RPM line is rounded out by a new Bumblebee car, a remote controlled one this time. Size-wise it's somewhere between Ultimate Battle BB and Human Alliance BB.

Among the "real" Transformers we saw Leader Starscream (in the new orange packaging), Seaspray and Power Core Combiner Huffer, all old news. What I hadn't seen so far, though, were the following:
- Scout class figure Hubcap, who transforms into a red muscle car
- Scout class figure Brimstone, who transforms into a blue motorbike
- Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.


Seibertron.com will be offering full coverage of Toy Fair 2010 when it hits New York, so keep your optics locked at your Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Image
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
Posts: 4059
News Credits: 1012
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Kenosha, WI.
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Chaoslock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Pics of PCCs?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
Posts: 4294
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Philister » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen. But I guess we'll have all the pics we need in a week or so when the US Toy Fair comes around (which makes the no-photo rule in Nuremberg all the more stupid, IMHO).
Philister
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:23 am

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Bruticus and now Superion.

Cool!

I cannot wait for the NY Toy Fair where there should be some neat pics
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11110
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby mechabooks » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
This sounds promising! There may be more revealed in NY. I might just see if I can wrangle up some passes from a connection of mine.
User avatar
mechabooks
Fuzor
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:46 pm
Location: Salem, Ma
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Chaoslock » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Philister wrote:Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen.


Damn, it looks like some people doesn't want to sell their toys...

And how did the combiner look? More like the movie figures or G1/Armada/Energon/Cyb? Were there seemingly detachable parts (fists, feet) or everything transforms from the limbs?
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
Posts: 4294
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Constantine » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:11 pm

First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.[/i]


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).
Constantine
Micromaster
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:26 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby First-Aid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Constantine wrote:Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.


The Energon limbs WERE at the scout price point. And if you'll note the size of the G1 Aerialbots, they were even smaller than current Scout class. I'm going to wait for finished product to make any judgements. I suggest you do the same...give em a chance before passing judgement. :-?
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3418
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 pm

Motto: "I'm your huckleberry."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Constantine wrote:
First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.[/i]


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).



I dunno about you boss, but I own both the ROTF/ Energon Superion and Bruticus Maximus' and a G1 Superion. Size wise, they are fairly equal and the limbs on all of them are about "scout class" (even though G1 didn't have classes) and the leaders are about deluxe size, give or take, so its really nothing out of the ordinary.

I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.

Look at ROTF Supreme Devastator, I don't know about your area, but around my parts, they're collecting dust, even after a rollback at wallyworld for 68 bucks.
Image
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
Posts: 4059
News Credits: 1012
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Kenosha, WI.
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Counterpunch » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
First Gen wrote:I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.


G1 Predaking.

(had to say it)
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 11201
News Credits: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Motto: "I'm your huckleberry."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:
First Gen wrote:I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.


G1 Predaking.

(had to say it)



Yeah but Predaking was really bulky and almost look as all the Predacons were the same size. On the other hand it is a most awesome gestalt, but I don't think with todays style of TF engineering, that it could work.

Then again, I'd rather have that then another Superlink Prime. :grin:
Image
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
Posts: 4059
News Credits: 1012
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Kenosha, WI.
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Valandar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:30 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
We're getting Combaticons...
We're getting Aerialbots...

BUT ARE WE GETTING STUNTICONS!!!!! :P
Valandar
Gestalt
Posts: 2393
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 am

Man, I love Transformers fans. Hasbro are giving us affordable G1 inspired combiners and people are complaining about size. Bigger robots = higher sale price. From the shot of Bruticus we had earlier, they look to be highly detailed and a closer interpretation of the characters than the Energon combiners. I cant wait to see them and look forward to having them in my collection. Now that two of the Scramble City teams have been confirmed, I hold out hope for the Protectobots and the Stunticons.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1435
News Credits: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:40 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Philister wrote:Sorry, taking pics is strictly VERBOTEN at the Nuremberg toy fair. People have been thrown out the building for that. I've seen it happen. But I guess we'll have all the pics we need in a week or so when the US Toy Fair comes around (which makes the no-photo rule in Nuremberg all the more stupid, IMHO).

Oh I'll try to take some next year, all I need is a small enough camera which I wanted to get myself anyway.

I never know N├╝rnberg had a ToyFair with Hasbro, damn and I'm so close to that city. :BANG_HEAD:
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: News from Toy Fair 2010 Nuremberg, Germany - Power Core Combiners, RPM's & more

Postby Constantine » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:19 am

First Gen wrote:
Constantine wrote:
First Gen wrote:Power Core combiner Team "Aerialbots", consisting of a leader figure just below Deluxe size and four team members just below Scout size.[/i]


Le sigh. Such a disappointment. I mean, Aerialbots, cool and all yeah, but the sizes show that they'll be even smaller than the Energon Aerialbots and Combaticons, which frankly were too small.

I'm not going to say "why can't we get" because I know the economic reasons why not, but I'd still very much like to see a Voyager gestalt leader with full-sized Deluxe limbs (the Energon limbs, while at the Deluxe price point, were really more Scout-sized).



I dunno about you boss, but I own both the ROTF/ Energon Superion and Bruticus Maximus' and a G1 Superion. Size wise, they are fairly equal and the limbs on all of them are about "scout class" (even though G1 didn't have classes) and the leaders are about deluxe size, give or take, so its really nothing out of the ordinary.

I also don't think you could do a gestalt with a Voyager leader and deluxe limbs, maybe and Ultra leader with deluxe limbs but thats a pretty big gestalt and at an average 13 bucks per deluxe and 25 bucks for an ultra, your talking some pricey figures.

Look at ROTF Supreme Devastator, I don't know about your area, but around my parts, they're collecting dust, even after a rollback at wallyworld for 68 bucks.


Yeah, I have all the G1 gestalts too, and you're right these are roughly the same size. No disagreement there. But like Counterpunch pointed out, Predaking was one of the most awesome gestalts ever and it broke the mold in terms of limb size. That's what I'd like to see: a gestalt with larger limbs. The G1 gestalts were frankly not very good toys individually, their combining scheme really drove kids to buy them. And the same kinda holds true for today's gestalt limbs; the quality and engineering is a little better, but I wouldn't buy the Energon Aerialbots or Combaticons because I think they're decent toys in their own right.

As for the price, yes you're right there too, and that's why I mentioned it in my original comment. I know full well why we likely will never get what I'm asking for. But your reply shows that you missed the entire point of my comment. Yes, I know these new gestalts are comparable in size to the G1 gestalts. And yes, I know that pushing the gestalt limbs up to a higher price point might lead to reduced sales. But I am disappointed that it looks like this is an experiment that Hasbro will never try, because a Voyager torso with full-sized Deluxe limbs would make a really nice toy.
Constantine
Micromaster
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:26 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
Twincast / Podcast #209:
"Under Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Lost Light #1 RI-C 1:50 Megatron Variant IDW 2016 Paul Pope" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers platinum edition robots in disguise Bumblebee Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Class Night Ops Bumblebee - 1 each (New)" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag Series 2 Silver Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag  Series 2 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS SKYWARP AS SHOWN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise 1-Step Changers Bisk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Activator Combiners Sideswipe and Great Byte" on EBAY