This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Preorder for HeadRobots Cobra Headmaster up @ BBTS

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Preorder for HeadRobots Cobra Headmaster up @ BBTS

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Motto: "Til All Are One."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Faster than a speeding bullet, trusted Seibertron.com sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has listed a preorder for the recently announced Cobra Headmaster replacement head.

As reported, the 3rd Party figures have a pricepoint of $17.99 USD and are scheduled for tentative release in March 2010.

Check out the preorder and bring your headless figures back to life by clicking here.
newsig by sserrano03, on Flickr

http://forallmankind.wordpress.com/

Follow me on Twitter, unlike most, I'm interesting :)

Http://twitter.com/stevenrocks5937
First Gen
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1014
Watch First Gen on YouTube
Buy from First Gen on eBay
Alt Mode: A Truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Preorder for HeadRobots Cobra Headmaster up @ BBTS

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yay, news credit... oh wait.

Thanks FG! I love these, already p-ordered two, probably will go back for a third. The reasonable price has me...
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Rated X » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Like I said before, that thing is ugly. Is it really that hard to find a used headmaster head on e-bay ???

The only headmaster I have from my childhood is Snapdragon and I took good care of all the parts including his head figure...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Rated X wrote:Like I said before, that thing is ugly. Is it really that hard to find a used headmaster head on e-bay ???

In a word: Yes.

Have you done a search on headmasters in the last 3 years? Skorponok's headmaster Black Zarak goes for about as much as a complete fig. Its insane.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:26 pm

First Gen wrote:
Rated X wrote:Like I said before, that thing is ugly. Is it really that hard to find a used headmaster head on e-bay ???

In a word: Yes.

Have you done a search on headmasters in the last 3 years? Skorponok's headmaster Black Zarak goes for about as much as a complete fig. Its insane.

WEll, the problem with that is Black Zarak in good condition is also rare, and with the Gold plastic syndrome parts breaking on some models, it's even harder to find any replacement pieces, even if you can manage to acquire the whole thing.

I think the answer to are there loose heads on ebay... sure. Are there a lot of them? No. A few tend to show up regularly, some are certainly more rare, harder to come by, so this can help replace that.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Thank god my Headmasters have their lids; they wouldn't be caught dead wearing this thing.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 pm

DevastaTTor wrote:Thank god my Headmasters have their lids; they wouldn't be caught dead wearing this thing.

I just flipped through the Ark II, and the unused designs could lead to some really fun, and interesting unproduced headmasters.

Support them I say!!!!

Maybe we'll get the two different versions of the 'Chameleon'!!!!

EDIT: Or maybe they will go as far as to make Victory's missing B-force member...Deathcobra!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:
DevastaTTor wrote:Thank god my Headmasters have their lids; they wouldn't be caught dead wearing this thing.

I just flipped through the Ark II, and the unused designs could lead to some really fun, and interesting unproduced headmasters.

Support them I say!!!!

Maybe we'll get the two different versions of the 'Chameleon'!!!!

EDIT: Or maybe they will go as far as to make Victory's missing B-force member...Deathcobra!

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I'll have to check that out.

In the meantime, Weirdwolf says no. :lol:
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby headrobots » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Hello My Friends,

Thank you for the honest feedback. Can you let us know what's so ugly about it so we can try to fix our future designs?

We tried really hard to make the best quality piece with very high attention to detail. It has details in it impossible for the original Heads from the 80s. Of course we know the old school stuff isn't everybody's cup of tea but you guys seem to really hate it and we are wondering why? :D

Thanks!

-headrobots
headrobots
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
headrobots wrote:Hello My Friends,

Thank you for the honest feedback. Can you let us know what's so ugly about it so we can try to fix our future designs?

We tried really hard to make the best quality piece with very high attention to detail. It has details in it impossible for the original Heads from the 80s. Of course we know the old school stuff isn't everybody's cup of tea but you guys seem to really hate it and we are wondering why? :D

Thanks!

-headrobots

Hey there welcome to the site!

IMO, they're not ugly. Of course that's my oppinion.

I think that in the days of modern ROTF and Universe-stylings, the G1 throwbacks seem out of place. Even though I have no headmaster figs from G1, and thus have no interest in your product, I do think it's cool that you're reviving old designs.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby headrobots » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

gotcha, thanks for the reply. we are checking out all the posts as best as we can so we can continue to make cool upgrades for fans. unlike the other companies based mainly in asia we are spread out with people in europe, japan, hk, and the us...all of us are professionals in our fields and are mainly doing this in our spare time so it's been a crazy rollercoaster.

so in a nutshell too oldschool? :)

-headrobots
headrobots
Mini-Con

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:06 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
headrobots wrote:oo in a nutshell too oldschool? :)

-headrobots

Well, I don't collect any G1, so I'm not the best to say anything definitive on the subject.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Firepower: 6

Postby First Gen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:34 pm

headrobots wrote:gotcha, thanks for the reply. we are checking out all the posts as best as we can so we can continue to make cool upgrades for fans. unlike the other companies based mainly in asia we are spread out with people in europe, japan, hk, and the us...all of us are professionals in our fields and are mainly doing this in our spare time so it's been a crazy rollercoaster.

so in a nutshell too oldschool? :)

-headrobots

I think the heads are awesome. Knowing that they are productions of unused designs makes them even more awesome. My only recommendation would be to add a little more color to differentiate. That way you can buy a bunch of heads but they are different. Heck you could make heads colored for specific headmasters.

And no, not too oldschool, there are ALOT of G1 collectors out here, like myself.

First Gen
Faction Commander

Postby headrobots » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:40 pm

thanks a lot first-gen!! we love positive and negative feedback from the community.

we chose more neutral colors so it would blend with more bodies and not look as cartoon-ish and childish like the original Japanese exclusives but it looks like people want brighter colors?

it's funny, we thought people would complain if there were re-colors so we are limiting convention and store exclusives to just 3 different recolors worldwide. but you aren't the first person who has requested more colors, we'll have to put up a survey or something.
headrobots
Mini-Con

Postby Liftgate » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:00 am

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I don't own The Ark II so I'm not familiar with this design, but if it's really an unused G1 concept then I think it's pretty cool, and I normally don't even care about 3rd party products. At first I thought it was weird that it transformers into a snake, but then again it's being attached to alligators and wolves, so I guess that's not so strange.

To the Headrobots dude: I think alot of the people that don't like it either don't understand the concept/where it's coming from, or they are forgetting G1 was full of odd designs and transformations. As far as details in it that were impossible in the 80s, don't add any more, look what they are being attached to! I think they match up pretty well as-is. As far as paint aps go, you were extremely lucky to see more than one color on a G1 face, so again, matches nicely.

I think I'll purchase at least one, good luck, hope they are successful for you.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Diem » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 am

Liftgate wrote:
To the Headrobots dude: I think alot of the people that don't like it either don't understand the concept/where it's coming from, or they are forgetting G1 was full of odd designs and transformations. As far as details in it that were impossible in the 80s, don't add any more, look what they are being attached to! I think they match up pretty well as-is. As far as paint aps go, you were extremely lucky to see more than one color on a G1 face, so again, matches nicely.

It can't be helped if these need to be accurate to a concept drawing, but the head's faces look a little too inhuman for the time period involved. The Headmasters had regular humanoid faces throughout, even though some of them had visors, mouthplates or both. Even the Japanese exclusives had humanoid faces:

These guys with their low-slung visors and their little breathing-holes look a little too...alien in my opinion.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:37 am

Diem wrote:
Liftgate wrote:

It can't be helped if these need to be accurate to a concept drawing, but the head's faces look a little too inhuman for the time period involved. The Headmasters had regular humanoid faces throughout, even though some of them had visors, mouthplates or both. Even the Japanese exclusives had humanoid faces:

These guys with their low-slung visors and their little breathing-holes look a little too...alien in my opinion.

I am on the opposite page. I understand that they are sort of inhabitants of another planet, and thus, they might have different looking faces. I actually like that part, and more than that, I like the alternate mode of the heads being an animal. Sure this is sort of an animal/tank, but again, a snake itself would be quite hard. Since the originals all looked very familiar, especially in robot mode (small), then the whole fact that there are animals, etc., allows your collection to look a bit different.

Being a G1 fan myself, and trying to collect all the original individual heads, and seeing this design created, I love it. I have 3 on pre-order, and am quite in awe of what has been done.

It seems like such a small piece, and simple to some, but I really like the idea.

Keep it up.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Liftgate » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
RE: Diem

Hmm, I can see what you're saying, that is true for the most part I think. There's afew exceptions like ::cough:: Optimus, who I always thought looked like a bit like a surgeon with his metal mask thingy. Or Brawn with his Gort-visor-type mug. Then there's G1 Bumblebee looks like.... I'm not sure what the heck he looks like. Oh, and G1 Ratchet and Ironhide who had no faces at all! Haha! Those guys were the best!
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:21 pm

The focus of my collection is animal themed g1 transformers so I'll definitely be picking this up.

I'd love to own the orginal (Japanese exclusive) animals headmaster but you can't even find them on ebay, let alone afford them. Does anyone know if there's any chance of reproductions of those? (I guess that puts me into the 'whatever' category on the reproduction g1 transformers front...)
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby The Legend » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Primacron's Little Helper wrote:I'd love to own the orginal (Japanese exclusive) animals headmaster but you can't even find them on ebay, let alone afford them. Does anyone know if there's any chance of reproductions of those?

Yes.
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 am

Liftgate wrote:RE: Diem

Hmm, I can see what you're saying, that is true for the most part I think. There's afew exceptions like ::cough:: Optimus, who I always thought looked like a bit like a surgeon with his metal mask thingy. Or Brawn with his Gort-visor-type mug. Then there's G1 Bumblebee looks like.... I'm not sure what the heck he looks like. Oh, and G1 Ratchet and Ironhide who had no faces at all! Haha! Those guys were the best!

I meant specifically the Headmasters. But more generally, most of the post-diaclone and microchange G1 figures had more humanoid faces (to clear up my definition, the faces might have face plates, visors, helmets and more, but "underneath" their eyes, mouth etc. would be in the right places.)

On these cobra heads, the visor is where the mouth and nose would be on a regular face, while the breathing holes are on the chin.

EDIT: I'm aware I may sound a little too critical here. I have no big prejudice against these heads; I don't like 'em, but that just means I won't buy 'em. But the makers asked why these heads might be considered ugly and I wanted to give my opinion on the matter.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Blurrz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:51 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
This is giving me Transformers: Blackest Night vibes...

The Blackest Night falls from the skies.
The darkness grows as all light dies.
We crave your heads and your demise.
By my cobra head, the snakes shall rise!

Er..... whoops... wrong universe..
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Skill: 5

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:03 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Ordered 2 from BBTS, I've been getting 2 of all the 3rd party stuff lately, to me, they're awesome little garage projects, well worth supporting! Don't have any Headmasters of my own, but the fact that this guy is based on unused concept work is awesome!! looking forward to the repaints and future molds(?)!!!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Neurie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 am

I quiet like it, ordered mine from kapow toys and i hope they do the other non produced heads.

I would love has/tak to reproduce the originals officially but its a pipe dream really
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STORM JET Transformers Energon Combat complete Superion Maximus 2004 230427A"
STORM JET Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST JET MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190411"
SKYBLAST JET MODE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET ACTION MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Perceptor 2002 231209A"
STREET ACTION MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Mini-Con SURESHOCK Transformers Energon complete 2004 Perceptor Street Action"
Mini-Con SURESHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAKEDOWN Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s5f3 2005 231102A"
BRAKEDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Basic complete Hasbro 2002 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON