This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Toy Fair 2010: Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Toy Fair 2010: Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Postby Baha08 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:48 am

Dammit Hasbro you lazy douchebags, you might as well buy a second Chromia if that's the third bike. >:V

Also I calls em likes I sees em! I'm a Whale Biologist!
Baha08
Minibot

Re: Toy Fair 2010: Hasbro Transformers Panel Summery

Postby The_Cybertronian_Emperor » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:58 am

Kibble wrote:Any mention/clarification of the availabilty of the War for Cybertron figs...if they'd be sold individually or if it's going to be some lame deal where you have to buy some product 3 times to get them all or if they're only available with the purchase of some other crap?

"--Almost all of Activision's War for Cybertron line is proprietary, which means that Activision owns most, if not all, the products"

Makes me nervous...

No need to be nervous, all this basically means, to my understand from class that is (I'm a business major so if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me) is that while Hasbro owns the rights to the Transformers brand, Activision owns the rights to War for Cybertron because they created it. All the designs are their own. So they pretty much have creative control over the War for Cybertron line. It's not like the Transformers and Transformers Revenge of the Fallen video games that were created using the movie and toy designs, this is the toys are being based off of the video games designs that are for the most part creations of the artist and designers at Activision. Again, if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me.

As far as the rest of everything goes... kinda tired of Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, and Ravage repaints and resizes. I mean come on, just how many versions of Bumblebee and Optimus do we have already??? :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

RotF: The new molds and repaints for the Scout Classes, Deluxe Classes, and Voyager Classes look great... particularly Brimestone, Jetblade, Hailstorm, and Sea Spray, who I still think is more deserving of being in the Generations line than RotF. And Elita-1 being black? I thought the third bike clone, I'm going by the movie on that classification, was suppose to be purple? But then again, It does leave room for a... you guessed it... repaint for Flareup or even Moonracer.

Generations and Power Core:Love the Scout Class Commanders, not too sure on the Combiners. The Scout Class Commanders in the Combiners looks good, but I'm not too thrilled about Legends Class limbs. In my opinion the Legends Class lack detail. But this is just a personal preference. Glad to see were finally getting Thrust, now it's only expected with the trend in repaints that we'll probably see Thundercracker and Dirge in future waves. Drift is pure win, period, end of discussion. :APPLAUSE: Darkmount looked like a resize of RotF Bludgeon at first but I like the wheeled front end. And Blaster!!! About time... now Soundwave finally has his rival.

So far the new Generations line looks promising, RotF, I might get a few of them but I stick mainly to characters that were in the films unless the molds/repaints are just worth having.
The_Cybertronian_Emperor
Mini-Con

Postby Baha08 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:01 am

I'm hoping that's a joke slide, it just has to be, I did not wait like almost half a year (Or however long it's been since the first toys appeared) to have the third bike to be a repaint of Chromia. It's like waiting for the Super Mario Bros. movie and finding out it's terrible.
Baha08
Minibot

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:10 am

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Elita is very disapointing.
No new mold, and isn't even the right color...
Sigh... at least that new Voyager Optimus is win.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:22 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Insecticon! I WANT IT! And Straxus, I want that too. Awesome! :KREMZEEK: :CON:
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:37 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Optillamanus wrote:Is it just me, or is Elita-1 just a Chromia repaint?

I dunno... I think its a new mol... a differ... ahh damn, you're right.

but is this wg=hat we get instead of Flare-up? Or as well as Flare-up? If the former, it seems a bit lazy, I'm wondering what the combined form is going to look like. I have 2 Chromias and an Arcee so i guess i'll start fiddling with them.

Looking forward to PCC, I can't even tell you. I'll get them all! And all subsequent repaints as well!
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:49 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Mkall's thoughts on everything. I've spent so much time posting, and editing news today I haven't had much time to tell people what I think of it all.

Legends
Ravage, Long Haul and Rampage are all easy passes. They just do not work for me at all.
Sandstorm is a big yes. I love Legends Beachcomber so I'll love this guy too.

Scouts
Hubcap is a maybe. I think the robot is a little too ROTF-y for my liking. That'll most likely change as I see more.
Brimstone looks like a walking Skeleton. At first I hated it, now I'm not so sure...
Crackstart is a must buy! I think he looks a lot like RObotMasters Wrecker Hook
Backfire is a pass. I have enough of the Reverb mold thanks
Insecticon is different enough that I'll probably buy it and all the eventual repaints.
Breacher is a good solid fig, and the fact that he's been developed to work with Sea Spray is a major plus in my book.

Deluxes
Ironhide, Bumblebee, Jetblade, Sea Attack Ravage, Sidearm Sideswipe, and Elita-1 are all passes.
Drift, Darkmount and Hailstorm are great figs IMO and will be picked up on sight.
I'll have to see pics comparing Thrust to Henkei Thrust before I commit.

Voyagers
Sea Spray is a big yes
Night Ops Ratchet is a big no
Payload I'll most likely get because soon I plan to blitz-buy all the ROTF Constructicons.
Battle Blades Prime is a no.

Leaders and Others
I have no use for either Leader SS or a horribly painted Prime
I don't collect Human Alliance so I won't start with Jazz, although the weapon-to-bike is creative
Battle Ops Bumblebee is a waste of Hasbro's time IMO.

Power Core Combiners
I could say I hate this or I like that, but when it finally comes down to it, I'll probably get the entire line. Some figs are definately better than others though. It does annoy me that the Gestalt limbs don't transform, but I'll probably just treat the limbs as Energon Prime treated his limbs; as drones. Not entirely sure what the Rallybots or Destructicons are, but I'll probably get them too.

Exclusives
I have no interest in either MP Grimlock or SDCC Blaster. That means one more for one lucky fan.

These are Mkall's thoughts. He has spoken.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Oilspill » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:58 am

Straxus looks pretty damn nice. Loving that pickaxe of his.

Also interesting that Hasbro have trademarked the name Hailstorm, as far as I know, this is a new name right? I'm hoping it means a Universe Starscrem/Ramjet repaint into Hailstorm along with a Sunstorm to finish off my Decepticon airforce :)
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby freaky777 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:20 am

I have to agree on the Elita-1, really disappointing.. heres hoping Takara would give us a proper bike if Hasbro decides to not give us the proper one.. and after waiting for so long it better be purple and is able to combine.. Its the 1st and only reason I bought them (chromia & Arcee) for.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby kirbenvost » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:28 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
What, Grimlock looks exactly the same? AND he has the crown? :BANG_HEAD: Oh well, I'm just glad my Takara one was a gift.

Can't say there's much here that interests me. I wonder if Hasbro is moving away from G1 more and in a direction I'm not really interested in?

I guess time will tell.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby tarZen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:11 am

Wow, they give us that that new Optimus Prime after countless repaints of that last terrible mold.
tarZen
Mini-Con

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:45 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
i'm really looking forward to all these new molds!

darkmount may be the best!

but the new voyager prime is great too! (i thought he was a repaint!)

but am i the only one to notice that we are getting alot of characters we didnt see before
they may be great toys but who are they ?!
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Didicos » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:05 am

Motto: "...whatever..."
Weapon: Sword
Can't wait for Straxus........
Didicos
Headmaster
News Credits: 1

Postby vectorA3 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:28 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Excited for MP Grimlock -but worried about it being a TRU exclusive. 1) the price will definitely be gouged as opposed to Wally or Target, (2) this will be scalped in most areas as soon as it comes off the truck -most of us who want it fast better pray that it's available online. Much rather have it a wally exclusive -& hopefully it's not more than $70.
As a sidenote for SW collectors - The Legacy Collection Expanded Universe wave (arguably the most anticipated wave of 2010 w/TFU Shaak Ti, K'Kruhk, Jason & Jaina Solo, darktrooper etc), will not be at all retail, only TRU as an exclusive. Again, will be extremely hard to find as the TRU employees & scalpers disintegrate them before they reach the pegs. SO THIS TRU EXCLUSIVE SH*%& is REALLY PISSING me OFF!!!!!! The Grimlock may not be as bad, since it's expensive, but it won't be released in large quantities --but these SW figures, believe me, will be a mother%^^*&*er to find.
I already have Blaster from when i was little. Great condition. I just want the tapes. (Ramhorn, Steeljaw & Rewind) I doubt anyone will just want him & not the tapes, if u r that person, please PM.
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Mechastrike » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:38 am

is Darkmount a Decepticon or Autobot? i mean i'm just curious. he looks cool. Hailstorm looks like Cybertron Scattershot w/ a twist of movie Brawl but also cool.

and they said Elita-1 was gonna be cancelled. :P i keep asking when is she gonna come out and "they" said she was cancelled. anyways i need a Moonracer to my Classics Powerglide so i guess she'll do. please don't slam me. :-(
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby I want to be prime » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:41 am

Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I have had a look at these pictures and all the others and there is so much good stuff, and I don't know were to start, I either need to win the lottery or rob a bank.
I want to be prime
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 8

Postby DevastaTTor » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 am

Straxus is pretty cool. May be the only figure I get out of the line.

Interesting that the Japanese ROTF Ravage repaint is essentially being released as Sea Attack Ravage.

More interesting that the TRU MP Grimlock gets the King Grimlock crown. Guess I just have to stop rushing out and buying the Takara version of these figures. Patience appears to pay off.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Lord Onixprime » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 am

Mkall wrote:
shockmatter wrote:so unhappy that the PCC's limbs dont have robot modes :sad:

As am I. I'm very disappointed that they could make figs that turn from robot to vehicle to weapon to armor and back again, but they can't make a figure turn from a robot to a vehicle to a combiner limb.

The minicons "vehicle" modes are most likely pretty lacking. Without robot modes they look to make a basic sized figure stand as tall as a large deluxe or about a small to average voyager. If they had independent robot modes they would not be able to extend the height as much, and their proportions would look wonky.

I too worry about Grimlock being a TRU exclusive. TRU's quality has been slipping, and it seems every exclusive they get comes and goes without me ever being able to find it. Lets hope I can find one. Grimlock is my most anticipated figure for the year.
Last edited by Lord Onixprime on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Alex Jones » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:43 am

So when are these coming out in retail????
Alex Jones
Vehicon

Postby Liftgate » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:47 am

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I kinda like Jetblade's colors, sorta Starscreamish, like that mold too. Straxus rocks, but something seems a bit off in robot mode, yeah the funny ankles, and maybe too much red. MP Grimlock is nice, but looks pretty much the same as the original Grimlock I received for christmas 26 years ago! Ah well, he's still awesome.

And Hailstorm looks good, but WHY are we not seeing GI Joe Crossovers yet?! Come on Hasbro, you had a movie that was a decent hit and a perfect opportunity, would have even cross-promoted the lines to some extent.

Perhaps some time in the future...
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Firepower: 3

Postby Predaprince » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
=P~ MUST GET MP GRIMLOCK!
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby dragons » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:15 am

I have to agree on the Elita-1, really disappointing.. heres hoping Takara would give us a proper bike if Hasbro decides to not give us the proper one.. and after waiting for so long it better be purple and is able to combine.. Its the 1st and only reason I bought them (chromia & Arcee) for.

true if knew the 3rd bike would look like this i would have 2 chromias or pased on the 3 bikes all togeather big disspointing. :BANG_HEAD:

other than 3rd bike evey thing else looks good finaly a triple changer we havnt to many trpile changers in while other than animated, twins, shockwave, blitzwing .... & others
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby nemesis primus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:20 am

DAMN YOU HASBRO I WAITED 6 F**KING MONTHS TO SEE ELITA-1'S FIGURE AND YOU SHOVEL THIS CRAP IN MY FACE?!!! I HAVE CHROMIA, I LIKE CHROMIA BUT I DONT WANT TWO CHROMIA MOLD FIGURES I WANT ELITA-1 NOT THIS!!!! they had better combine as promised damn it!!!!
nemesis primus
Mini-Con

Postby YRQRM0 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 am

I guess now all that's missing is what they look like combined. I can't believe it's just a repaint..wow.
On the other hand, that voyager Prime already seems like a must-have!
YRQRM0
Gestalt Team Leader
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Endurance: 10

Postby Kibble » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:49 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:at least that new Voyager Optimus is win.

YRQRM0 wrote:On the other hand, that voyager Prime already seems like a must-have!

I would agree that it looks good, and I'd even say there's a chance I'll get it, but when is enough, enough? Ultimately these things are going to be sitting on a shelf and I don't really need 25 of the same thing all huddled together. Either that or I should just set up a display of team movie Optimus vs. team movie Bumblebee playing football or something.

I think what it really boils down to is I'm fine with them pumping out OPs & BBs when they're easy passes, but it sucks when they actually look cool and I know I'll probably cave and buy my 5th, 6th, or 7th version of that movie character. Save the cool for something else...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 OCT210018 1D Spawn (CA) McFarlane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #1 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #21 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230350 21A (CA) Mele (W) Lewis (A) Soy"
SCORCHED #21 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220302 2A (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #24 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0923IM444 24B (CA) Revolver (W) McFarlane"
SCORCHED #24 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #267 Cvr B retro Image Comics 2024 0923IM845 267B (W/A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #267 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #9 Dynamic Forces w/ cert DF Image Comics 2022 220802B (CA) Haeser"
KING SPAWN #9 Dyna ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 APR230292 343C (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr C v ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #331 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 APR220241 331B (W) McConville (A/CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #331 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #26 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM346 26A (CA) Deodato (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #26 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #351 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM320 351B (CA) Aguillo (W) McConville"
NEW!
SPAWN #351 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM408 27B (CA) Aguillo (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #27 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cvr G DC Image Comics 2022 OCT223274 1G (CA) Lee"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON