This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official Images of Disney Label Buzz Lightyear

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official Images of Disney Label Buzz Lightyear

Postby Mach » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Thanks to Amazon Japan, we get to see the new official images of upcoming Takara Disney Label Buzz Lightyear.

This toy is scheduled to be released on 26th June 2010.

Check out original pre-order page here: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3%82 ... pd_sim_t_2
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Official Images of Disney Label Buzz Lightyear

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 am

He looks way better articulated than Mickey-Robo. Other than that, I'm not that fussed.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:34 am

Pretty spot on "bot" mode. The alt mode is a bit boring. Neat, but the DL figures are still a solid no for me.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'd like this figure more if his altmode was mode TF-like and less "Disney-only"-like.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yeah, he looks a lot better than the original pics suggested, but since he's got nothing to do with TFs, he's a no-go.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby freaky777 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:23 am

Pre-ordered him. Well only disappointment for me its that the alt mode has no references to any of the Transformers. Still getting it though.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Liftgate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Sabrblade wrote:I'd like this figure more if his altmode was mode TF-like and less "Disney-only"-like.

No kidding. At first I thought these images were a hoax since he looks exactly like the large Mattel figure from years ago. Why on earth would they make his robot mode look exactly like him????? Why on earth would a Transformer fan even want to add this to his collection since he's just a regular old statue of Buzz????? This has got to be one of the worst figures of all time, I swear, the designers have lost their minds. And he's even a Shellformer on top of that. I liked Toy Story and was looking forward to this one too, what a disappointment.

Diem wrote:He looks way better articulated than Mickey-Robo. Other than that, I'm not that fussed.

Are you crazy? "Mickey-Robo" looks that way because he's SUPPOSE TO BE A TRANSFORMER. That is the whole idea, the purpose of it's existence. If you wanted a regular looking Mickey Mouse you could just go buy one of the millions of figures that have been produced since who knows when. Same thing with Buzz.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
As a 4-year-old, I loved Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear. When I found about this, however, I was stoked, as the inner kid in me kinda came out. The robot mode doesn't even look like a robot actually! The vehicle mode is also accurate to Buzz's little spaceship-thingy, but it kinda has the colors wrong. Other than that, everyting is accurately correct. I may get this figure when it comes out :CON:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Liftgate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Thinkway, Mattel, whoever it was (see below). And no offense to anyone who preordered it, it just sucks that we're being given a crumby product that looks nothing at all like a transformer.

Liftgate
Fuzor

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
Has nothing to do with Transformers... so I will pass!

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 pm

It's a perfect rendition of Buzz Lightyear. This goes beyond TFs. Imagine Buzz was upgraded in the movie to Transform into his ship. This is what you would get. So yea, he's a definite purchase for me.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Liftgate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Yeeeeeah, he's a perfect rendition alright. Too bad a perfect rendition has been available for the past decade or more, as you can clearly see in the photo above. Have I somehow mistakenly gone to another website or slipped in to another dimension? Isn't this a transformers site? So dosn't that mean we normally enjoy toys that bare transformers traits and characteristics? Arn't robots and robot modes sort of involved in that?
Liftgate
Fuzor

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Not trying to be an ass... but if this gets frontpage news, then we might as well frontpage Power Rangers, Voltron, Robotech, and anything else that can change into alt. modes...

Just sayin'

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
Buy from DavidT on eBay

Postby Mkall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
DavidT wrote:Not trying to be an ass... but if this gets frontpage news, then we might as well frontpage Power Rangers, Voltron, Robotech, and anything else that can change into alt. modes...

Just sayin'

Small difference is that this is part of the Transformers: Disney Label line.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wow I tell you this will fly of shelves, it will f**king fly of shelves faster than the god damned Shoeformers from a while back.
Remember when Toystory first came out? You know the time where you could die visiting a toystore? You know the time people killed each other to get Buzz lightyear even though he had more toys than any other character from that movie.
Toystory 3's coming out this year and Buzz will once again be the most sought-after character and it will be worse than Concept Bumblebee from 2007.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:30 pm

Well then why do we never see STARWARS/TRANSFORMERS frontpaged? Not so sure I've seen the Marvel Cossovers either... Are they not Transformer related?

DavidT
Brainmaster
Buy from DavidT on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
DavidT wrote:Well then why do we never see STARWARS/TRANSFORMERS frontpaged? Are they not Transformer related?

Do those still exist? I thought that line got cancelled.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby DavidT » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Dead Metal wrote:
DavidT wrote:Well then why do we never see STARWARS/TRANSFORMERS frontpaged? Are they not Transformer related?

Do those still exist? I thought that line got cancelled.

You are behind buddy... Toyfair 2010 has offical images of 5 new figures for that line, as well as new Marvel Crossover figures =)

DavidT
Brainmaster
Buy from DavidT on eBay

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Liftgate wrote:Yeeeeeah, he's a perfect rendition alright. Too bad a perfect rendition has been available for the past decade or more, as you can clearly see in the photo above. Have I somehow mistakenly gone to another website or slipped in to another dimension? Isn't this a transformers site? So dosn't that mean we normally enjoy toys that bare transformers traits and characteristics? Arn't robots and robot modes sort of involved in that?

Um, apparently you didn't read my whole post. I didn't say as a figure, I said if Buzz had the ability to Transform. So show me a perfect rendition of a Buzz figure that Transforms into his ship?

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Mkall » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
DavidT wrote:Well then why do we never see STARWARS/TRANSFORMERS frontpaged? Not so sure I've seen the Marvel Cossovers either... Are they not Transformer related?

Yeah, I'll have to stay on top of those again in the future.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6

Postby Liftgate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

GetterDragun wrote:
Liftgate wrote:Yeeeeeah, he's a perfect rendition alright. Too bad a perfect rendition has been available for the past decade or more, as you can clearly see in the photo above. Have I somehow mistakenly gone to another website or slipped in to another dimension? Isn't this a transformers site? So dosn't that mean we normally enjoy toys that bare transformers traits and characteristics? Arn't robots and robot modes sort of involved in that?

Um, apparently you didn't read my whole post. I didn't say as a figure, I said if Buzz had the ability to Transform. So show me a perfect rendition of a Buzz figure that Transforms into his ship?

I did read your post. And yes, Buzz looks EXACTLY like he did in the movies, that's not up for debate, it's completely obvious, his ship pretty much too. But that's where the problem lies because this is NOT suppose to be Buzz, it's suppose to be Buzz's mech (see him in the pilot seat?), the same as the other two Disney figures, and all of the Crossovers line. With that in mind it's more than a little stupid that this figure does not have any robotic features, which have been present in every Transformer since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Buzz (and his ship) looks exactly like Buzz, which is all well and great, but the problem is this particular Buzz is suppose to be part of the transformers line, which myself and I'm sure many other fans would agree, should follow some basic TF rules. Not only that, but it dosn't match the other figures in the Disney line and would look pretty silly on the shelf with the rest of one's TF collection.

"Oh look, there's Prime and robo-Mickey and robo-Donald and Buzz Lightyear... Buzz Lightyear?" O_o

I've said all that's on my mind about this guy. I'm picking up Mickey and Donald at Botcon, but Buzz can stay in Florida.
Liftgate
Fuzor

Postby GetterDragun » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Liftgate wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

I did read your post. And yes, Buzz looks EXACTLY like he did in the movies, that's not up for debate, it's completely obvious, his ship pretty much too. But that's where the problem lies because this is NOT suppose to be Buzz, it's suppose to be Buzz's mech (see him in the pilot seat?), the same as the other two Disney figures, and all of the Crossovers line. With that in mind it's more than a little stupid that this figure does not have any robotic features, which have been present in every Transformer since the very beginning over 25 years ago. Buzz (and his ship) looks exactly like Buzz, which is all well and great, but the problem is this particular Buzz is suppose to be part of the transformers line, which myself and I'm sure many other fans would agree, should follow some basic TF rules. Not only that, but it dosn't match the other figures in the Disney line and would look pretty silly on the shelf with the rest of one's TF collection.

"Oh look, there's Prime and robo-Mickey and robo-Donald and Buzz Lightyear... Buzz Lightyear?" O_o

I've said all that's on my mind about this guy. I'm picking up Mickey and Donald at Botcon, but Buzz can stay in Florida.

There are no rules that say that. This is a new line and they can take it anyway they want too. They kept Buzz's anesthetic as a toy, which he is, for this one mold, which is great. Why make a robot toy look less realistic for the sake of style.

And no, not every Transformer had a mech characteristic. Thunderwing looks pretty non-mech to me, so does Beast Machines Nightscream, or how about Beast machines Air Attack or Blast Punch Optimus Primal and let's not bring up Energon Kicker.

Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander

Postby Diem » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Liftgate wrote:
Diem wrote:He looks way better articulated than Mickey-Robo. Other than that, I'm not that fussed.

Are you crazy? "Mickey-Robo" looks that way because he's SUPPOSE TO BE A TRANSFORMER. That is the whole idea, the purpose of it's existence. If you wanted a regular looking Mickey Mouse you could just go buy one of the millions of figures that have been produced since who knows when. Same thing with Buzz.
No, I'm not crazy. I understand that this figure rubs you up the wrong way but there's no need to rant and rave at the other posters. I can only assume that you're taking umbrage at me calling the first figure "Mickey-Robo". That is the figure's official name. All I am pointing out is that Buzz (who will probably be called Buzz-Robo) looks better articulated, which he does.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Liftgate » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Why make a robot toy look less realistic for the sake of style? Uuuuh, because there's already a million "realistic" versions of him available and ::drumroll:: he's suppose to be a Transformer?

To me he's about as much a transformer as a couch that turns into a bed, but whatever. If you like him, add him to your collection and quietly snicker knowing anyone who gazes at it will be fooled into thinking he's just an ordinary statue of Buzz Lightyear. Truly a robot in disguise.

RE: Diem

I apologize. I was just looking forward to getting this and was let down by the way it looked. At the same time was blown away that some people thought a transformer that dosn't even resemble a transformer was great. Makes me worried they might bring back Animorphs or something.
Liftgate
Fuzor

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:14 pm

GetterDragun wrote:They kept Buzz's anesthetic as a toy, which he is, for this one mold, which is great.

I think you mean "aesthetic." "Anesthetic" is what numbs pain! :lol:
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #8 Cvr C IDW Comics 2017 8C (CA) Whalen (W) Sitterson 230227"
GI JOE #8 Cvr C ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0723IM406 4A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JUL221612 298A (CA)Gallant"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 6th ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM995 (CA) Burnett (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 6th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721B"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #10 Marvel Comics 1988 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Brown 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 GI JOE 1123IM897 (CA) Fornes (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #1 3rd ptg Im ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #300 Cvr F RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2022 300F (CA) Joseph"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON