This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Postby Mkall » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Amazon.com and Random House Publishing have put up preorders for a new Hardcover Transformers book, Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron.

Very little is known at this point; but it is a large book, with 352 pages. This will most likely tie into the release of Transformers: War for Cybertron game and will most likely be the canon that goes into the game and any Gneration-1 related stories from this point onward.

The book is set to release June 22nd. You may preorder it now from Amazon.com or Random House Publishing

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm addicted to art books now... this is now on my radar!
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Re: New Hardcover Book: Transformers: Exodus: The Official History of the War for Cybertron

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby IceWilly » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:13 am

hardcover and 350 pages of art for 18$... yea thats going to be a purchase
IceWilly
Fuzor

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Where does it say it's an art book? :???: It could very well be a novel.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:36 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

If I were to guess; I'd say the most comprehensive history of Cybertron we've ever seen.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6

Postby Abraxsis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 am

If it's an art book, I'll def have to pass on it. If it's a novel, or a fake history type book like there was for star wars, then that'll be a must see.
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby Doctor McGrath » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
352 page art book? i highly doubt that. I'd say its a novel and i'll be picking it up. I wish it came out before the game though..
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hairball178 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:48 am

At first I assumed it was gonna be an art book like the one that came with my Final Fantasy XII strategy guid preorder a couple years ago. Right now it does look likely it's a novel, so it'll probably be something rooted in video game-continuity like the Halo novels.
Hairball178
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby ponycorn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 pm

The answer is right in the title, "The official History of the War for Cybertron."

It will be a reference book, with both art and facts. I imagine there will be canon-building history, plus profiles for major characters, and also some of the most gorgeous pics of the planet Cybertron we've ever seen.

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Mechabreaker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Now THIS is something that I absolutely cannot wait for! *Does best Grimlock impersonation* ME WANT, AND ME WANT NOW!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby lowman_x » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Motto: "It's all about perspective."
Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
I'll have to keep my optics peeled for this when it comes out. At 352 pages I'm thinking it's going to be damn comprehensive. Awesome!
"I've got better things to do tonight than die."
lowman_x
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Spacecraft
Strength: 5
Speed: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Stormer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Motto: "I just want to teleport in, destroy some monsters, damage some property and teleport out."
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
ponycorn wrote:The answer is right in the title, "The official History of the War for Cybertron."

It will be a reference book, with both art and facts. I imagine there will be canon-building history, plus profiles for major characters, and also some of the most gorgeous pics of the planet Cybertron we've ever seen.

My biggest hope: Detailed geographic and political maps for Cybertron.

Ponycorn, my hope is that you're right - a referance book with all that great history stuff!

Hairball178 wrote:At first I assumed it was gonna be an art book like the one that came with my Final Fantasy XII strategy guid preorder a couple years ago. Right now it does look likely it's a novel, so it'll probably be something rooted in video game-continuity like the Halo novels.

And that's what my gutt is telling me, too.

I keep going to Amazon.com to see if any new details have been posted, but I think they're gonna keep us in suspense a little longer.
Stormer
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Just re-reading this thread... for some reason, I was thinking it was an artbook.

It would be cool if it were in the style of World War Z.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Mkall wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:352 pages for a video game?! I wonder what's in this book.

If I were to guess; I'd say the most comprehensive history of Cybertron we've ever seen.

I'll preorder it as soon as I know some more details

Well, of this version of Cybertron, I'm guessing.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON