This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

LSOTW #2 and BB#3 delayed?

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

LSOTW #2 and BB#3 delayed?

Postby Prowl Pants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:12 pm

My usual comic stores in NJ didn't get copies of Last Stand and Bumblebee yesterday - has anyone else experienced this problem?

Both stores said the books weren't on their shipping list; one said they got no IDW titles at all.

:BOT:
Prowl Pants
Mini-Con

Re: LSOTW #2 and BB#3 delayed?

Postby Blurrz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Prowl Pants wrote:My usual comic stores in NJ didn't get copies of Last Stand and Bumblebee yesterday - has anyone else experienced this problem?

Both stores said the books weren't on their shipping list; one said they got no IDW titles at all.

:BOT:

Hi Prowl_Pants,

Unfortunately.. from a handful of updates from Chris Ryall's twitter..

To comics shops in the northeast, the reason why IDW books aren't in your hands today is a horrific accident involving the truck w/our books The books were all destroyed, the drivers severely injured. The TPBs will be in stores on 2/24, this week's comics on 3/1...

...this is to clear up the various fallacies I've seen online that we have no books out this week. It's actually a very big week for us. The damaged comics are regrettable but my thoughts are with the truck drivers. Very grim situation.

Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
This has also affected GOlden Age Comics in Vancouver, most likely others too

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby mechabooks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Bummer. I had heard about a Diamond truck accident and that it would affect the N.E. shops. The only thing missing from my comic list was the Transformer titles. I hope the drivers pull through.
mechabooks
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby Prowl Pants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:07 pm

That's terrible. My thoughts are with those drivers.
Prowl Pants
Mini-Con

Postby Hairball178 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 pm

It must've affected more than the northeast, because I'm here in central Illinois & my comic shop didn't get either one. I was miffed that the books were out & I didn't have them (and I didn't hear about why at the time), but people's lives take precedence over something like a couple of comics.
Hairball178
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Mkall wrote:This has also affected GOlden Age Comics in Vancouver, most likely others too

The TF books (and, I'm guessing, the entire IDW crop) were never on this week's list to begin with. At least now we know why.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby 3.8TransAM » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Same deal for me at Tenth Planet in Schererville, IN.

No new IDW that I saw and I knew it was supposed to be out
Watching since episode 1 aired in 84
Reading since #4 released in 84
GM for life.
If it's not G1 it's not canon
Da Bears
3.8TransAM
Combiner

Postby Autobot032 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I hope the drivers will be alright. What a horrible way to start the new year. :(

I give Ryall credit though, he at least didn't leave the people hangin'. He came out and let everyone know what was going on.

Other companies would've said nothing.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:19 am

ALL the comics were destroyed? Not that I care about the books, but jeez, to actually waste the entire shipment must've taken one hell of a wreck, likely involving all the fuel igniting. Did multiple trucks pile up? I imagine the drivers are lucky to be alive. Here's wishing them a full recovery.

I was puzzled by the shops in SE Michigan not having new TF stuff, so I'm glad I didn't start bugging their owners about it before putting any minor annoyance into perspective here.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Bumblevivisector wrote:ALL the comics were destroyed? Not that I care about the books, but jeez, to actually waste the entire shipment must've taken one hell of a wreck, likely involving all the fuel igniting. Did multiple trucks pile up? I imagine the drivers are lucky to be alive. Here's wishing them a full recovery.

I was puzzled by the shops in SE Michigan not having new TF stuff, so I'm glad I didn't start bugging their owners about it before putting any minor annoyance into perspective here.

I'm assuming the accident was caused by the weather. This season has caused several pile ups so far. If that's the case, then yes, it's safe to assume fuel was ignited which in turn caused the destruction.

However, until we hear the full story (and I can't blame them for not wanting to tell it) we have no real answer as to what happened.

I'm just glad they survived. I hope that continues to be the case.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIPPY DIPPY DISC Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays CD discman 2020"
SKIPPY DIPPY DISC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIZZKICK Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
FIZZKICK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRITICALLY COMPLAINED Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
CRITICALLY COMPLAI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOTZEL Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades pretzel 2019"
KNOTZEL Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXCESSORY Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers purse backpack handbag 2019"
EXCESSORY Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COFFEEMUS PRIME Transformers BotBots Con Crew Fantastic Fuelers coffee cup 2019"
COFFEEMUS PRIME Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOGUS POCUS Transformers BotBots Series 2 Backpack Bunch Hasbro 2019 magic book"
BOGUS POCUS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2014 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIC CHEEK Transformers BotBots Series 2 Swag Stylers 2019 Cheeks makeup brush"
CHIC CHEEK Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WADDLEPOP Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Penguin"
WADDLEPOP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REBUGNANT Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 insect bug spray bottle"
REBUGNANT Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON