This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Toy Galleries: Shadow Command Megatron, Black Optimus Prime and Stealth Bumblebee

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Toy Galleries: Shadow Command Megatron, Black Optimus Prime and Stealth Bumblebee

Postby Blurrz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I see a red door and I want it painted black

Who knew the lyrics from the Rolling Stones' 1966 'Paint It, Black' would be applicable to Transformers toys for decades to come. Ever since the creation of Transformers in 1984, black repaints have been a reoccurring, dominant, and very popular scheme for our favourite toys. Notables throughout the eras are black repaints of Optimus Prime, usually ending up as Nemesis Prime or Scourge. The Beast era included a couple of black repaints of Cheetor as Ravage, while there are countless more among the many toylines.

Fast forward a couple decades and the black repaint fever has yet to die down. The newest additions to the gargantuan toy galleries of Seibertron.com are three black repaints.

The first is Shadow Command Megatron, a repaint of Revenge of the Fallen Leader Class Megatron. The second addition is an exclusive of sorts. Released in December and on the same date as the Japanese release of the Revenge of the Fallen DVD, this toy was exclusive to Amazon Japan. Black Optimus Prime turned heads when we first saw the figure, and you'll be drooling over the figure once you check out his gallery. He's a repaint of Leader Class Optimus Prime. Last but certainly not least is a black repaint of Revenge of the Fallen Legends Class Bumblebee. Also a Japanese DVD exclusive, the figure has been dubbed the name 'Stealth Bumblebee'.

You can check out each figure's gallery out in the links and teaser pictures below. Be warned though, you might get a sudden addiction to paint all your Transfomers figures black!

Shadow Command Megatron

Black Optimus Prime

Stealth Bumblebee

As always, keep it at Seibertron.com for more galleries and the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Toy Galleries: Shadow Command Megatron, Black Optimus Prime and Stealth Bumblebee

Postby Archanubis » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
What's with the tiny little arm on Megatron?
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Re: New Toy Galleries: Shadow Command Megatron, Black Optimus Prime and Stealth Bumblebee

Postby Megazarak » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
That Megatron looks amazing, except for two details, no poseability on his cannon arm, and his little arm, which just really seems out of place. All they had to do was add an elbow joint to the cannon arm and mold a new, slightly bigger arm. Well, I guess it's easier said than done, considering the sheer bulk of his cannon arm which likely couldn't fit any joint anywhere on it, but the left arm wouldn't really be hard. It would have been a great way to make those who bought the first Leader Megs want this one too.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby mechabooks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Whoa. The Black Prime looks amazing! Sorta like Nemesis. I think I need one.
mechabooks
Fuzor
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 4
Skill: 4

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
That Optimus repaint is definately going to be my Movie Nemisis Prime! All Im going to do is paint the gold flames red.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby ang3l3s » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:57 pm

where's the teal and red on optimus??? i still like megs even with the gimp arm but would have preferred more black like his treads and other arm for instance.

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Blurrz wrote:Notables throughout the eras are black repaints of Optimus Prime, usually ending up as Nemesis Prime or Scourge.
Or Optimus's Black Body upgrade. :wink:

Why there's even been a Nemesis Prime release that was an Autobot.

And what's more, one of the latest Black repaints of Optimus/Convoy (MP-01B) was neither him nor an evil doppleganger, but actually a drone controlled by Daniel Witwicky. :o)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Ungie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Blurrz wrote:Last but certainly not least is a black repaint of Revenge of the Fallen Legends Class Bumblebee.

Hehehe... not that your wrong Blurrz (In fact, your always right), but it is certainly least, Jap exclusive or not. It's Bumble, for Primus sake. Im fine with it, Blurrz, if you wrote the article. Perfectly fine with it. :BANG_HEAD:
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: ???
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I'm really liking the black version of Megatron. Amazing what different paint apps will do because I wasn't really liking the leader Megatron in his original colours. I wonder if he runs faster?
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby mechabooks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Motto: "Me, Grimlock, no bozo. Me king!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Any shots of the Cheetor/Ravage repaint? I'd be interested in seeing that. :CON:
mechabooks
Fuzor
Intelligence: 4
Skill: 4

Postby UltraPrimal » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
AAARRRGGHHH!!! I hate you!
=P~ Must. Have. Black. Repaints. :x
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby PrivatePoop » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:44 am

Those gold flames on the black Prime remind me of the Trans-Am from Smokey And The Bandit. Anyone else think this?
PrivatePoop
Mini-Con

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
The Prime looks great. I am assuming he's well beyond what I consider a reasonable price though. Buster Prime tests those limits well enough.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby freaky777 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 am

Flux Convoy wrote:The Prime looks great. I am assuming he's well beyond what I consider a reasonable price though. Buster Prime tests those limits well enough.
:BOT:

Even for me who is in Asia it costs almost 3 times more than Buster Prime.
freaky777
Pretender
News Credits: 4

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:12 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
mechabooks wrote:Any shots of the Cheetor/Ravage repaint? I'd be interested in seeing that. :CON:

Shadow Panther (not Ravage at first)

X-9 Metals Jaguar (first actual Ravage BW figure)

Tripredacus Agent (considered to be Ravage)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 437
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:22 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Ungie wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Last but certainly not least is a black repaint of Revenge of the Fallen Legends Class Bumblebee.

Hehehe... not that your wrong Blurrz (In fact, your always right), but it is certainly least, Jap exclusive or not. It's Bumble, for Primus sake. Im fine with it, Blurrz, if you wrote the article. Perfectly fine with it. :BANG_HEAD:

Actually my dear, for the movie and Animated lines TakaraTomy uses the American names. So no Convoy or Bumble, just Optimus Prime or Bumblebee.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Ungie » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Ungie wrote:

Actually my dear, for the movie and Animated lines TakaraTomy uses the American names. So no Convoy or Bumble, just Optimus Prime or Bumblebee.

So sorry about that! By Bumble, I meant the short form of BumbleBee, Not the japanese names. I see the confusion though
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Intelligence: ???
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Black Optimus Prime is such a beauty. I know I'll end up getting the figure somehow.. regardless of the price!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200530 1RIA"
TRANSFORMERS BACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Machines Fast Food Premium 2000 230313A"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers UNICRON #6 Cvr B 1st Printing IDW Comic 2018 AUG180713 6B (CA) Raiz"
Transformers UNICR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWIN TWIST Transformers G1 Jumpstarters complete + instructions 1985 220807A"
TWIN TWIST Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON + GUM variant Transformers G2 Go-Bots Gobots Takara 1995 New 210112"
MEGATRON + GUM var ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Oversized SWINDLE guns Transformers G1 KO (Korean Destronger?) unknown 200118A"
Oversized SWINDLE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G1 JUMBO COLLECTORS CASE Hasbro Tara Toy 1984 Great Condition"
NEW!
Transformers G1 JU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOMBSHELL Transformers G1 Insecticons complete Hasbro 1985 221122A"
NEW!
BOMBSHELL Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON