This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

WST Shockwave Out of the package pictures

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

WST Shockwave Out of the package pictures

Postby Torneira » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:24 am

Hi,

I have received World's Smallest Transformers Operations Commander Shockwave today and would like to share these pictures of him with you all.

Use caution when transforming. He transforms just like the original.

Very detailed character, but only flaw is that the balljoint of his right arm (the one with the hand attached) came pretty loose.

Other then that he is a great addition to the collection.

You open Bruticus'fist by pulling his thumb that is held by 2 pins, (easily detached when use excessive force) and put him in place and click it back.

I noticed that his trigger can be pushed down just a bit like the big one did.

Well that's about everything I can say about this figure.

Regards,

Torneira
Attachments
BILD0240.JPG
BILD0248.JPG
LoL, I had to make Bruticus out of spare parts :)
BILD0247.JPG
BILD0246.JPG
BILD0245.JPG
BILD0243.JPG
BILD0253.JPG
BILD0252.JPG
BILD0250.JPG
BILD0241.JPG
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

WST Shockwave Out of package pictures

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seibertron.com member Torneira has received JustyToys Operations Commander, or in otherwise known as WST Shockwave. Being a cool person Torneira shared some pictures of this cool little toy and a bit of a review:
Hi,

I have received World's Smallest Transformers Operations Commander Shockwave today and would like to share these pictures of him with you all.

Use caution when transforming. He transforms just like the original.

Very detailed character, but only flaw is that the balljoint of his right arm (the one with the hand attached) came pretty loose.

Other then that he is a great addition to the collection.

You open Bruticus'fist by pulling his thumb that is held by 2 pins, (easily detached when use excessive force) and put him in place and click it back.

I noticed that his trigger can be pushed down just a bit like the big one did.

Well that's about everything I can say about this figure.

Regards,

Torneira

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: WST Shockwave Out of the package pictures

Postby Duke of Luns » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

The inclusion of a hand for Bruticus is just awesome 8) . Great homage, and it looks natural. So natural I didn't even realize it was a new hand at first, thought it was a peg on the bottom of him or something.
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Pascal » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:34 am

Looks pretty.

Now please enlighten me: has Bruticus ever used Shockwave as a gun in the show? I can't remember.
Pascal
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Postby DTR69 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:37 am

3rd parties really are picking up where Takar left off. I'd love to see all the wsts together with there well made brother KOs and the just blatent KOs ie all the minature combiners.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:50 am

Pascal wrote:Looks pretty.

Now please enlighten me: has Bruticus ever used Shockwave as a gun in the show? I can't remember.

Yes:

Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby joevill » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:21 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Amazing!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:59 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I received my WST Shockwave yesterday too, and I can safely report that not all of them share the same problem with loose ball joints, if anyone's worried. The ones on mine are quite tight.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:02 am

Hopefully he can be held by the upcoming FP Bruticus kit. If the hands can at least wrap around it invisible elastics can do the rest.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Starscream6 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 am

Weapon: Photon Cannon
mine too had the loose right arm. i found that the 2 pieces that make up the arm are not securely held together, i fixed this by adding a SMALL drop of super glue to the posts on the one side (after taking apart) then squeezing the 2 halves back together again. make sure you put the fist in before this.

now the arm is tight as it shouldve been and works great. kinda sux we have to do this but nothing too different from minute fixes we do for has/tak figures.

all in all a very impressive piece :APPLAUSE:
Starscream6
Vehicon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby toiletries » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 am

i bought two shockwaves and two blasters....very happy with both. but both arm joints on both shockwaves are very loose. as in, they cannot even be postioned at all, they just flop down. even in gun mode, when both arms are together combined by the barrel, they cannot support their own weight.

outside of that, the figures are great. it should be noted, however, that there are no autobot or decepticon symbols found anywhere on the pieces or the boxes.
toiletries
Mini-Con

Postby Naked Magnus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 am

I received mine last week and have not noticed any problems. It looks sweet.
Formerly known as "revengeofstarscream"
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:10 pm

I got one and I'm happy with it. The shoulders are a little loose, but not so loose that the arms are floppy. I can still pose his arms pretty well. Overall, considering how tiny he is, I'm impressed with the quality. I think it would be asking too much to expect it to have perfectly tight joints.

My biggest problem is that his legs are so tightly connected to the "axle" that they're on, it takes quite a bit of wiggling to slide the legs apart when you're transforming it to robot mode.

I have to admit, though: this is my first WST so I don't know how it compares to other WST figures in terms of quality. To those who have bought them: are the WST Dinobots better, worse, or about the same in quality?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby toiletries » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:37 pm

"I have to admit, though: this is my first WST so I don't know how it compares to other WST figures in terms of quality. To those who have bought them: are the WST Dinobots better, worse, or about the same in quality?"

ive been collecting them for the past year or two....i have megatron, optimus prime, all the dinobots, skywarp, devastator, red alert, thrust, and now shockwave and blaster. out of all those, i would say shockwave has the loosest joints by far. the mold looks great tho, but quality wise, i would say he's the weakest.

the dinobots are a mixed fair....grimlock and swoop were the best in my opinion, and the other three were just good.
toiletries
Mini-Con

Postby Liftgate » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Nifty. But I'd rather just have the Shackwave in the photo, he's pretty awesome lookin, obscene trigger placement aside. Or perhaps that just makes him more bad and evil? Hmm. Whatever, but they really should write him into a story and make him canon. And call him Radiowave, that sounds better.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Rated X » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Nice, but they should have just made him a normal size. How many people are really dying to re-enact a 1 minute scene where Bruticus blows awaty a few sentinals and shoots Shockwave into space ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby GuyIncognito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Rated X wrote:Nice, but they should have just made him a normal size. How many people are really dying to re-enact a 1 minute scene where Bruticus blows awaty a few sentinals and shoots Shockwave into space ???

I didn't know even such a scene ever happened. I bought it because it's a miniature version of a favorite childhood toy. I don't even care if it ever happened in the cartoon, and I'm a little too old to be re-enacting cartoons with toys. I just collect them for what they are: awesome action figures.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
GuyIncognito wrote:I have to admit, though: this is my first WST so I don't know how it compares to other WST figures in terms of quality. To those who have bought them: are the WST Dinobots better, worse, or about the same in quality?

The Dinobots are about the same, as they're made by the same company, Justitoys. Although I have not heard any complaints of loose joints on the Dinobots, it could be due to the fact that they use no ball joints. The actual legit Takara WSTs could probably be considered higher quality material-wise, but they are also far less detailed than Justitoys'.
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby GuyIncognito » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:40 am

OK, last night I played with this guy a little bit, and both shoulder joints are nice and tight. The elbows are a little looser, but I can pose his arms however I want and he'll hold the pose.

Because the ball joints are so small, even a minuscule difference in the manufaturing can make the difference between a loose joint and a tight one, so I suspect there's a lot of variation from one figure to the next.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander

Postby Swiftpaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Love how he comes with a hand for being held by Bruticus, just like the one episode.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #55 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 NOV220292 55D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #37 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 FEB220269 37D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM325 86A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0224IM326 86B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210586 8G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #57 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 DEC220315 57C (CA) Manapul"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr Q 1:11 Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT218221 7Q (CA) Biggs"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "I HATE FAIRYLAND #10 Cvr D Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 2023 0823IM390 10D"
I HATE FAIRYLAND # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210642 9A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHILDREN OF THE PLAGUE #1 One Shot Dark Horse Comics 2021 JUL210357 (CA) Love"
CHILDREN OF THE PL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #193 1st ptg Farm House Image Comics 2019 (CA) Adlard + Stewart"
WALKING DEAD #193 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM395 78B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #66 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230292 66B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON