This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS Q/A for March 8th- Submit Questions Here.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS Q/A for March 8th- Submit Questions Here.

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That time again. To wrestle with the great minds that be and submit HASBRO questions related to our favorite toys, TRANSFORMERS.

Take a look at the HASBRO guidelines below. We only get two questions, and they are getting more specific on what should and should not be asked.

We have to submit the questions early Monday morning, so get your ideas here early on, so they can be discussed, and the best questions COULD be submitted.

Hasbro’s Transformers team greatly appreciates the collector-fan community’s continued passion and support, and is always listening to its valuable feedback – particularly with regards to the Q&A program. As we proceed into the next year of Q&A, the Transformers team wants to ensure that fans continue to get the most out of this forum by being able to provide answers to questions that are of interest to your readers. As a result, we thought it might be helpful to share some insights into what types of questions the team is able to elaborate on and what types of questions cannot be answered for various reasons.

* Unfortunately, there are some things that we cannot comment publicly on due to confidentiality, legal or competitive reasons. Examples of these types of questions are ones that relate to the upcoming TV series or movies that have not had details announced yet, “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical scenarios or “what if questions”, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.

* With that said, that leaves a lot of room for a whole host of other discussion points. Topics that are open for discussion are things like Deco Decisions, Current Design Choices, Design Process/Development, Character choices and Redeco/Retooling choices. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Lore/Storyline, Line Strategy and Marketing are open for discussion too.

The Transformers team certainly appreciates our fans’ continued passion and dedication to Transformers and we look forward to another great year of Q&A.

Have fun and submit your ideas for our community's questions about what to submit.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: HASBRO TRANSFORMERS Q/A for March 8th- Submit Questions Here.

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Only 2 questions?

That's kinda lame.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Jedi Kermit » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:42 pm

I'd like to know if/when Transformers Animated Season 3 will make a DVD release.

That is all.
Jedi Kermit
Fuzor
News Credits: 28

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Ok, here's one.

What prompted the decision for Hasbro to drop the Revenge of the Fallen logo from it's movie-styled-figures' packaging, what prevented Hasbro from merging that line into the Generations line, which so far seems to cover everything?

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Well, I have one I've been wanting to ask for a while.

About the ROTF line, why do you make new molds of non movie characters before you finish making the actual characters? An example would be the Constructicons, only half of them are actual toys. I can see why Hightower and Overload aren't made but Scrapper was at least in the movie in robot form.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby mitchsantona » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Weapon: Crossbow
Will there be any other exclusive figures we can use NEST points for?

Will there be any new Animated toys released in America or they Takara only? IE Blackout.
mitchsantona
Minibot
News Credits: 12
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm

I have a question about why HASBRO is avoiding the color red in its movies. Sideswipe, Ironhide, and Optimus Prime all are characters who have mainly red colors previously. Why not allow at least one to keep this main color scheme. Does it not film well? Does it look bad in robot mode?

Not a great question, but any theories feel free to respond.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Mechastrike » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:44 pm

1)will the Classics line continue? Classics have been one of my favorites
2)when will Animated "Jet Optimus" been released? the one with jet packs and Magnus' hammer
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby joeformer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Why not make little articulated mini figures of the human characters to go with the classics and the rotf line of deluxe and voyager size figures? Pleaseeeeee. Similair to the human alliance line but in scale with the deluxe and voyager figures.

Why not a spike and daniel in the exo suit already? There articulated, go in and out of the tranforming exo suit and in scale with g1 figures? :grin:
joeformer
Mini-Con

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Mechastrike wrote:1)will the Classics line continue? Classics have been one of my favorites

We've seen previews for the Generations line of figures, which renews the Classics style.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby allspark99 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:25 pm

is G1 STAR SABER ever going to have a western release? lio covoy/leo prime managed to get 3 western releases.
allspark99
Mini-Con

Postby BlueStreak27 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

My question:

Are you planning on making a Transformers Generations Devcon figure that is loyal to the way he looked in the G1 episode The Gambler?
BlueStreak27
Mini-Con

Postby bagofshhh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:I have a question about why HASBRO is avoiding the color red in its movies. Sideswipe, Ironhide, and Optimus Prime all are characters who have mainly red colors previously. Why not allow at least one to keep this main color scheme. Does it not film well? Does it look bad in robot mode?

Not a great question, but any theories feel free to respond.

I'm not an official source or anything, but I remember Bay saying that red cars don't "pop" on film.
Mkall wrote:Ok, here's one.

What prompted the decision for Hasbro to drop the Revenge of the Fallen logo from it's movie-styled-figures' packaging, what prevented Hasbro from merging that line into the Generations line, which so far seems to cover everything?

Again, I'm not an official source, but I read an article the said the Michael Bay gets 11% of the profits on movie themed toys (more than George Lucas gets for Star Wars toys!). I would assume that by removing the ROTF logo, they no longer legally have to pay Bay. Again, just a theory.
bagofshhh
Mini-Con

Postby Tigertrack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:47 pm

allspark99 wrote:is G1 STAR SABER ever going to have a western release? lio covoy/leo prime managed to get 3 western releases.

This question falls under the "won't talk about when X toy will be made or released?"

Mechastrike wrote:2)when will Animated "Jet Optimus" been released? the one with jet packs and Magnus' hammer

Same as above.

joeformer wrote:Why not make little articulated mini figures of the human characters to go with the classics and the rotf line of deluxe and voyager size figures? Pleaseeeeee. Similair to the human alliance line but in scale with the deluxe and voyager figures.

Why not a spike and daniel in the exo suit already? There articulated, go in and out of the tranforming exo suit and in scale with g1 figures? :grin:

Think this again, falls under their banner or not talking about a hypothetical X toy to be made.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Is Animated Arcee going to have a wide release outside of the United States or at least a repaint or retool?
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby stocky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Have you thought about the possibility of continuing the Human Alliance styled/sized figures into the Generations line? It would be awesome to get some classic characters in a larger-scale figure (somewhat of a cross between Alternators and Human Alliance), and for the "human alliance" aspect they could include classic G1 human characters, such as Spike, Sparkplug, Carly, Chip, Circuit Breaker, G.B. Blackrock, Raoul, etc...
stocky
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Could we ask if the tail end of Animated has been cancelled or if it'll be released at all? Not exactly a "when" question, but an "if". I dunno how secret it could be since they already showed the figures...
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Down_Shift » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Sonofa... I had a fantastic question to ask about a month ago and I even said it in another thread. For the life of me I can't remember it. Phaaaaaaaaaaak!

If the popularity of the Deluxe line of Generations continues, is there any chance we could see it grow or even shrink in class size to the likes of Scout, Voyager or even a single Leader or Supreme Class?

We all know that the Deluxe Generations line is going to sell like hotcakes at a homeless shelter with the exception of the Ravage repaint and the Arcee Bike repaint. Really take the hint here. I know it will all sell eventually, but profit and business wise it's always best to make the most money fast. ROTF repaints aren't going to propel that line to the minds and hearts of new fans. I know it's a filler line, but it's still a very good place to put some great figures.

That wasn't my great question BTW. :BANG_HEAD:

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 6

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Down_Shift wrote:That wasn't my great question BTW. :BANG_HEAD:

Was it this one?

What does Hasbro look for in an animation studio? What do they compare it to? Do they consider how well the Marvel DVD/Blu-Rays do, or how well G.I. Joe Resolute went over with fans when thinking about the next possible show or Direct To Video?

Previous thread here if it wasn't.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
ive got one, "Why do you continue to do store exclusives when no one but you seems to like the concept?"
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby The_Cybertronian_Emperor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:59 pm

I only have one question to submit. I'm content with waiting in anticipation for specific characters to be revealed but I'm just curious...

1). With the concept of Generations suggesting that all Transformers lines from the past are a possibility, does Hasbro plan to further explore European G1 characters or Japanese G1 Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, Victory, or Zone characters or even characters from both Dreamwave and IDW characters, point in case being Drift being a comic character, or even more obscure characters for inclusion in the Generations line or will the line continue to focus on the American Transformers continuities? Will it all be characters we know or will there possibly be a few surprises of little know to unknown characters making appearances in toy form?
The_Cybertronian_Emperor
Mini-Con

Postby Desslok » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 pm

I've got one:
We've all heard that G1 Fortress Maximus can't be re-released in the US (I still don't see why it can't if targeted for an adult collector's market), and with the Generations line supposedly covering all areas, could we possibly see a new headmaster? Or even finally doing some of the unproduced G1 combiners?
Desslok
Mini-Con

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:ive got one, "Why do you continue to do store exclusives when no one but you seems to like the concept?"

Because in some cases it's either "Store Exclusive" or "It's Not Released, Sorry."

Titanium Grimlock and Prowl was like that, as was Classics Devastator (heck, not even many WalMarts knew they were getting them). I suspect that it's the same with TFA Arcee and Ratchet, and possibly the rest of the TFA line.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Flux Convoy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Megatron Wolf wrote:ive got one, "Why do you continue to do store exclusives when no one but you seems to like the concept?"

Because the stores request them which in turn drives sales for said store. That keeps that certain outlet happy enough to contnue doing business with Hasbro. That's about as simple as I can make it sound without comin' off like a jerk. ;)
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby influence82 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Motto: "Decepticons will crush the Autobots!
---Leader Starscream"
Weapon: No Weapon
What classic character is Universe Classic Voyager Heavy Load is supposed to pay homage to?
Free commerce is the basis of peace.
See my Sell/wishlist here.
influence82
Mini-Con
Buy from influence82 on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #255 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg FEB240720 (CA) Frenz"
NEW!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AVENGERS #1 Facsimile Ed Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230608 (W) Lee (A/CA) Kirby"
AVENGERS #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #105 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC205 (CA) Infantino + Giella"
FLASH #105 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #140 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0823DC210 Riddler Mortimer"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC801 1A (CA) Timm"
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #54 Facsimile Cvr B DC Comics 2024 ptg 54B (CA) Blank Sketch"
NEW!
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "X-MEN #4 Facsimile Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230976 (A/CA) Kirby (W) Lee"
X-MEN #4 Facsimile ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNCANNY X-MEN #141 Facsimile 2023 ptg foil Marvel Comics SEP230776 (A/CA) Byrne"
UNCANNY X-MEN #141 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr B blank sketch DC Comics 2023 0923DC264"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr B foil DC Comics 2023 0923DC273 1B (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr B Foil DC Comics 2024 0324DC132 1B"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON