This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Revenge of the Fallen fall short on Oscar

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Revenge of the Fallen fall short on Oscar

Postby Blurrz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The second Transformers live action film, Revenge of the Fallen, has fallen short on their one and only Oscar Nomination. Greg Russell, Gary Summers and Geoffrey Patterson were on the verge of winning a positive award for the film, as their hard work in sound mixing found Revenge of the Fallen among the five finalists in the category. However their hopes were felled as Revenge of the Fallen, Inglorious Bastards, Avatar, and Star Trek were all defeated by the underdog in the category - The Hurt Locker.

You can check out the official Oscar awards page here. Do you think Revenge of the Fallen deserved this award? Sound your opinion off in the Energon Pub!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Revenge of the Fallen fall short on Oscar

Postby dragons » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 am

i still say oscars are rigged only movies i seen got awards are hurt lock & avarta hurt locker didnt make in the 1 spot at box office & avatar lost to hurt locker in the best picture award i ddint find to be that intersting from the trailer it self
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Swiftknife24 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 am

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
The boffins at ILM (and Digital Domain) put hours upon hours of hard work to make spectacular visual effects, but do the people at the Academy Awards even recognise their work? Not a chance. :BANG_HEAD:

The main tool to get the Transformers alive and kickin' is CGI; you'll need damn good CGI to get them realistic too, which is exactly what Michael Bay, ILM and DD do! It's as if they didn't exist to the Award Board. :-(

It's just like back in 2006, when Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith was only nominated for Make-Up (which it undeservedly lost to that bloody Narnia :-x ).

As for Sound Mixing, the Transformers films brought new and exciting sound mixes in my opinion; sounds we really haven't heard anywhere else. Why does that get practically overlooked? It's hard work, too! :BOOM:

ILM, you always win in my books! Star Wars, Terminator, Transformers, Iron Man, etc and every time it's astounding. :APPLAUSE:

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I have to say...whoever judges this is both blind and deaf....
Last time TransFormers lost to Mr.Polar Bears with Power Ranger graphics and now..well I can't judge now as I've never seen the other movie but TF ROTF's sound was awesome....you can always hear the "CHING CHU CHING" TransFornming and stuff....ugh, I wonder if they just hate TransFormers...
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby KingEmperor » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
As I've already said before: I've lost faith in the Oscars way back when Saving Private Ryan lost to Shakespeare In Love.
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Speed: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
This was clearly rigged.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
Aye, rigged. That's pathetic. The Hurt Locker... haven't heard of it.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
ASS! I never even heard of frekn "Hurt locker" WTF? Stupid, dirty, bastards... :evil:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby KingEmperor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Hurt Locker was actually quite good. Though I don't agree with it beating out ROTF for "Best Sound".
\m/
KingEmperor
Targetmaster
Firepower: 8

Postby polystyleneman » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 pm

The Hurt Locker was the underdog in the category? Hardly, the Hurt Locker was the far superior film in the category (superior being a word that's never been associated with RotF in any way.)
polystyleneman
Mini-Con

Postby ang3l3s » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:34 pm

All awards shows award those that are deserving to the publics eyes, god society suck so much of the time.

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Postby Night Raid » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Are any of us actually surprised by this?
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 AUG230023 113A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220584 2B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #10 Cvr Q FOC Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL239367 10Q (CA) Haeser"
GARGOYLES #10 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr M 1:40 Dynamite Comics NOV220595 2M (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #1 (of 3) Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2020 1A"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2022 Disney OCT220545 1D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230257 12A (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr O 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230463 7O (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr O ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #53 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2020 JUN200771 MMPR"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 2nd ptg Boom Studios Comics 2023 JUN230415"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr J 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 APR230458 7J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr E Gatefold Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220273 1E (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230475 1C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230519 5H (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON