This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview

Postby Blurrz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
We finally have a five-page preview via IDW Editor Denton Tipton. Check out what he shares with us below!

So here's a preview of the third installment of Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers, written by James Roberts and Nick Roche. Those with a keen artistic eye will notice that two of these pages aren't drawn by the fantabulous Nick Roche. But you'll be happy to know that fan-favorite and all-around nice guy Guido Guidi handled the pages involving Kup's team in this issue, and will be seeing some more action in #4, setting up an all-Roche grand finale in #5.

http://issuu.com/denton.tipton/docs/tf_wreckers03_final

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Last Stand of the Wreckers #3 - Five Page Preview

Postby Heckfire » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

...this book is friggin' awesome.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Mechabreaker » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Awesome, I am definitely heading down to my comic shop to pick this book up, I really like this series!

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Heckfire wrote:"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

LOL
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Oh man I'm having a feeling that Rotorstorm is the guy that'll get axed. He's the kind of character they make you love just to take him away and damn do I love him.
This series is epic and might change my view of the idw verse to go and collect it once more.

Also:
Rotorstorm wrote:"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

F++king brilliant. :lol:

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Jeysie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 am

Motto: "Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
Dead Metal wrote:This series is epic and might change my view of the idw verse to go and collect it once more.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Roche and Roberts may know what they're doing, but IDW's other current writers still don't, IMHO. Wreckers is likely to be the last IDW title I pick up until Roche and/or Roberts do another project, or they otherwise get someone on the property who understands characterization, continuity, and plot progression even half as well. (On the plus side, it does free me up to possibly afford to stay subbed at the TFCC, where the writers have actually been putting out fun writing fairly consistently lately...)

Anyhoo, on to cheerier topics! If Rotorstorm dies, I'm gonna be sad... he's been my fave from issue one. *sniffle* And I have a feeling that "Wreckers: Combine!" is going to be a catch phrase in the fandom now...
Jeysie
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Postby justynnbailey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:38 am

"WRECKERS COMBINE!"

Probably the funniest line I've read in a Transformers book.
justynnbailey
Minibot

Postby Joetx » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Jeysie wrote:And I have a feeling that "Wreckers: Combine!" is going to be a catch phrase in the fandom now...

Good enough to displace "Wreck 'n rule"?

I love this series as well. My only problem with it is that there are a lot of characters from G1.5/G2 that many of us are unfamiliar with. Sometimes it's difficult to ascertain whether a certain robot was ever a real toy vs. a nobody destined for the scrap heap. Therefore, it would be nice if they were labeled, even if they don't have a speaking part.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby goshjosh95 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 am

Motto: "Amazing! A boobie trap that actually catches boobies. [Optimus Prime]"
That was a FANTASTIC issue... can't wait for the next one.

I like the idea of "Wreckers Combine!" catching on with our fandom. :KREMZEEK:
:CON: "Decepticons, transform and rise up!"

My feedback thread: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/goshjosh95-t65587.php
goshjosh95
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Mechabreaker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 am

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.

http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Pickup Truck
Strength: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:55 am

Mechabreaker wrote:R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:

Ditto, bt you know he's so awesome he might actually come back and laugh it off. :-(

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby ponycorn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Shockwave! I think I need to re-read the end of Max Dinobots. Did Shockwave get sent to G9 as a prisoner? However he got there, it was a treat to see Overlord interacting with someone he clearly regards as a peer. We had not seen that aspect of him yet, not even during the meeting with Megatron and the other PhaseSixers, during which he thinly veiled his contempt for the lot of them. I'm also very intrigued by Shockwave's comment that Overlord is not the first PhaseSixer to bait Megatron.

Mechabreaker wrote:R.I.P. Rotorstorm, You will be missed! :sad:
I loved that guy! What a heavy couple of pages. You could tell that him and Overlord maybe saw a little something of eachother in eachother's optics. For that brief moment they were standing on some sort of common ground, yeah, right before... #-o
In a place such as this, you are the perfect prey for a brest animal!
ponycorn
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 pm

ponycorn wrote:Shockwave! I think I need to re-read the end of Max Dinobots. Did Shockwave get sent to G9 as a prisoner? However he got there, it was a treat to see Overlord interacting with someone he clearly regards as a peer. We had not seen that aspect of him yet, not even during the meeting with Megatron and the other PhaseSixers, during which he thinly veiled his contempt for the lot of them. I'm also very intrigued by Shockwave's comment that Overlord is not the first PhaseSixer to bait Megatron.

He wasn't sent to G9 as a prisoner he just left the battle with Scorponok and the Dinobots once Soundwave had cracked the bomb codes. From what I got from that discussion with Overlord, Shockwave was sent by Megatron to infect Overlord with a virus and kill him. Lucky for Overlord that Shockwave seems to have plans for which he needs Overlord alive.

I hope Overlord gets what he deserves after doing what he did.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210547 1B (CA) Lawrence"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220488 41B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS #41 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220510 4RI (CA) Khanna"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #35 IDW Comics 2014 Days of Deception 200211b"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926L"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #30 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 FEB210480 30B (CA) Tramontano (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #30 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221750 4RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLABBERBOOK Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers diary book 2019 Hasbro"
BLABBERBOOK Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #41 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON