This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon Online registration to be ready soon-ish?!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Botcon Online registration to be ready soon-ish?!

Postby LiKwid » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Just checked the Botcon 2010 site and they updated it with a small headline..

Update 3/24/10: We are still working hard on the arrangements for this year's show and our online registration system.
We will have these online as soon as they are ready. We apologize for the delay. The brochure information will be up soon!

Any news about Botcon is just beautiful..I'm psyched about the online registration this year..I heard the Fax registration was a nightmare..

http://www.botcon.com/BotCon10/
Last edited by LiKwid on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Botcon Online registration to be ready soon!

Postby --B-- » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
This will be my first time registering for Botcon, so I am hoping for online reg. I can fax too while I am at work, so it's cool either way.

I just want to get it booked to make it that much more real!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I'm terrified of them underestimating the load and I can't get registered.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Mkall » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I'm terrified of them underestimating the load and I can't get registered.

Me too. I don't know if they're ready for 2,000 people all in a couple hours

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6

Postby LiKwid » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:23 pm

LoL..You would think that they would overestimate since in the past the Fax registry thing was such a pain..

I just checked the site again and they have another update. This time it's a transportation coupon for MEARS transportation. For direct tranbsit from the Orlando International airport to your hotel..I used to live in Orlando and I highly reccomned this to those who are not familiar with the area. It can get a little confusing coming out of OIA..

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Speaking of Mears, my wife and I are probably going to stay at the Coronado (it was cheaper to do a package with our travel agent) and taxis are only about $4 from the Dolphin to the Coronado, so I'm pretty happy.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby LiKwid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:Speaking of Mears, my wife and I are probably going to stay at the Coronado (it was cheaper to do a package with our travel agent) and taxis are only about $4 from the Dolphin to the Coronado, so I'm pretty happy.

I stayed there once LoL :P Nice spot!

I got alot of freinds and family in Fla so im gonna get the whole hotel, flight rental car package but the coupon is good for those who are just goin for the con..

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby --B-- » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:40 am

LiKwid wrote:LoL..You would think that they would overestimate since in the past the Fax registry thing was such a pain..

I just checked the site again and they have another update. This time it's a transportation coupon for MEARS transportation. For direct tranbsit from the Orlando International airport to your hotel..I used to live in Orlando and I highly reccomned this to those who are not familiar with the area. It can get a little confusing coming out of OIA..

Doesn't disney already have transportation to and from the airport if you are staying on property?

We were there last year and took a bus from the airport right to our hotel (The Wilderness Lodge, freakin awesome!).
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm

I am NOT he!"
--B-- wrote:
LiKwid wrote:LoL..You would think that they would overestimate since in the past the Fax registry thing was such a pain..

Doesn't disney already have transportation to and from the airport if you are staying on property?

We were there last year and took a bus from the airport right to our hotel (The Wilderness Lodge, freakin awesome!).

Yes, but not to the Swan or Dolphin. They aren't true Disney hotels, just hotels on Disney property. They don't participate in the dining plan either, which is why we're doing another hotel.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby LiKwid » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:04 am

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
--B-- wrote:

Yes, but not to the Swan or Dolphin. They aren't true Disney hotels, just hotels on Disney property. They don't participate in the dining plan either, which is why we're doing another hotel.

Other than being so close to the convention , I really didn't see the point of sayng at the swan or dolphin..There are so many great hotels to stay at in the area that are close by ...

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby Savage » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:13 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
LiKwid wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
--B-- wrote:

Other than being so close to the convention , I really didn't see the point of sayng at the swan or dolphin..There are so many great hotels to stay at in the area that are close by ...

The main perk of staying at the con hotels is all the room-to-room trading and hanging out that happens in the evenings and during the night. Being around for that is worth staying at the con hotels, IMO. If you're staying offsite, and you leave after dinner, you miss out on a lot of social mingling with the fandom.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Energon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I agree with Savage about staying in the hotel to meet other convention goers.
The way this one is set up it will be kind of strange. I just wonder if they are stuck booking with Starwood Hotels as that would explain the weird location.
All I can say is to bring your own food and drinks because if they are anything like their Disney counterparts you are looking at $4.00 for a bottle of water.
Energon
Targetmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:24 pm

I am NOT he!"
Energon wrote:All I can say is to bring your own food and drinks because if they are anything like their Disney counterparts you are looking at $4.00 for a bottle of water.

And that's the main reason we're staying at a "real" Disney hotel. The dining plan is cheap compared to paying out of pocket.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
So, soon-ish?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby LiKwid » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Counterpunch wrote:So, soon-ish?

LoL. Their working hard? :BANG_HEAD:

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Re: Botcon Online registration to be ready soon-ish?!

Postby --B-- » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:26 am

It's getting to the point now that if they don't have registration up by the end of next week, I won"t be able to go, as I have other things to plan around it. Airfare that close to the convention is going to be way more expensive, and I am not certain where I will be flying out of. Looks more and more like this won't be my first Botcon this year after all.

--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
LoL

First the no-info on Dion's delay...now this.

Let's see how this plays out.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby kuhlio » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:14 am

I'm not gonna make it... sadly for the second year in a row :sad: Im not gonna lie though that I am a little worried that alot is gonna fall throgh the cracks for people... it seems like the registration has always been a little bit of pandamonium and making it this close to the con seems insane to me... especially the complete lack of info about guests etc.
Listen in to us on the Seibertron.com Twincast!
Check out my blog!
kuhlio
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Buy from kuhlio on eBay

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 am

I am NOT he!"
I've repeatedly defended the club and I'm getting tired of waiting. As a software developer, I do not comprehend the excuses regarding the code for registration not being ready. Did they genuinely build something from the ground up? There are several event services that could easily handle registration for a few thousand people without even blinking.

It boggles the mind.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt

Postby Axalon_Prime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:31 am

Motto: "Bringing an energon knife to a fusion canon fight is a bad idea.......unless you're a Wrecker!"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
the thing that worries me is; look at how they treat the JoeCon. Most years they reveal the next location during the current one, and they had their registration up waaay before the con this year. Oh and they already have their yearly free figure shipped, with most membaers already having them in hand. Sometimes it's like BotCon and the Collectors Club is an afterthought compared to the Joe Club.
Axalon_Prime
Mini-Con
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby It Is Him » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 am

This may be the first-timer in me talking but, you know what, I'm just not concerned. If I can't get the toy set, I don't get the toy set. I'll just get the cheaper ticket. My hotel room is already booked anyway. So I plan on showing up regardless.

Though you'd think they'd be more eager to take my money.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Seibertron » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I've repeatedly defended the club and I'm getting tired of waiting. As a software developer, I do not comprehend the excuses regarding the code for registration not being ready. Did they genuinely build something from the ground up? There are several event services that could easily handle registration for a few thousand people without even blinking.

It boggles the mind.

As a website developer with almost 10 years of experience developing ecommerce websites (several of which were event registration websites), I have to agree with you. It's ridiculous that we didn't have online registration back in 2005 and it's unfortunate that 5 years later we still don't. It doesn't take this long to build something, even from scratch, unless that person has no experience building ecommerce websites. Kind of makes me a little worried about the whole credit card bit and whether or not this will be PCI compliant.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe ... =&gs_rfai=
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Delicon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Energon wrote:All I can say is to bring your own food and drinks because if they are anything like their Disney counterparts you are looking at $4.00 for a bottle of water.

Actually the Swan and Dolphin are both billed as having free bottled water available. Of course if everything else at BotCon 2010 is as disorganized as this registration, I'll end up needing a much stronger drink than water!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:59 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Sheesh, guys! :roll: It'll be up when it's up. Just be patient.
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Delicon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:16 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
UltraPrimal wrote:Sheesh, guys! :roll: It'll be up when it's up. Just be patient.

I think those of us who have planned to go to BotCon have been in fact just that. However, when you are making a large financial investment to attend a convention such as BotCon I think you deserve a little more attention/respect than what he have gotten recently. Don't get me wrong, BotCon is an enormous endeavor and FunPub overall has done a good job but this would seem to be a very vital thing they are dropping the ball on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we were promised that we would be able to register in late February/early March as I recall and right now we're about to run out of April in a matter of hours. Wanting a real explanation and/or some action is not being selfish on our part.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Firepower: 2

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
NEW!
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-GS13 HUBCAP Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUN-GURRR Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager 2018 230903A"
HUN-GURRR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
NEW!
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
NEW!
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Lancer ENAMEL PIN SDCC 2019 Transformers Generations Selects EE Hasbro NEW"
Lancer ENAMEL PIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
NEW!
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
NEW!
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON