More Information on Transformers: Exodus: Official History of the War For Cybertron

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

More Information on Transformers: Exodus: Official History of the War For Cybertron

Postby Blurrz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Motto: "Ore wa Gundam"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
We recently reported that the new Transformers video game, War For Cybertron, would be getting it's own Hardcover book - Transformers: Exodus. The product page for said book has now been updated, and we've got more information about it's content. Check it out below!

For twenty-five years the colossal battle between Megatron and Optimus Prime has captivated Transformers fans around the world. Yet the full story of the conflict between the two most famous Transformers—everything that happened before Optimus and Megatron arrived on planet Earth—has always been a mystery . . . until now. Here, for the first time told in its entirety, is the thrilling saga of Optimus and Megatron before they were enemies, before they even knew each other.

“Freedom is every Cybertronian’s right!” After Megatron utters these immortal words, the caste-bound planet of Cybertron is rocked to its foundations. Megatron, an undefeated gladiator thug, gives voice to the unspoken longings of the oppressed masses—and opens the mind of an insignificant data clerk to possibilities previously unthinkable.
Long before becoming the honorable Optimus Prime, Orion Pax is a mere office underling, an unlikely candidate to answer an outlaw’s call to revolution. But Orion is determined to meet this defiant enemy of all that Cybertron stands for, no matter what he has to do, or how many laws he has to break.

What happens between Orion Pax and Megatron forever changes the destiny of all Transformers. This gripping, action-packed novel reveals all the loyalties and treacheries, trust and betrayals, deadly violence and shining ideals, as well as the pivotal roles played by other characters, including Starscream, Sentinel Prime, Omega Supreme, and one of the thirteen original Primes, the last link to Cybertron’s glorious Golden Age.

Discover how meek disciple Orion Pax becomes the fearless leader Optimus Prime; follow the tantalizing clues about the lost Matrix of Leadership and the lore surrounding it; find out why the two allies fighting a corrupt regime suddenly turn on each other, and what triggers their epic war. Transformers: Exodus provides everything fans ever wanted to know about one of the fiercest rivalries of all time.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: More Information on Transformers: Exodus: Official History of the War For Cybertron

Postby Bumblevivisector » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Yet the full story of the conflict between the two most famous Transformers—everything that happened before Optimus and Megatron arrived on planet Earth—has always been a mystery . . .

...to those of us who never read The War Within or State Games. Of course, TWW was cut short before it could reconcile Quintessons with the Marvel-centric stuff, and the mention of Sentinel Prime and Orion Pax makes me optimistic that the writers at least did all their homework, so I'll probably read this long before I play the game (since I don't have an up to date system)
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster

Re: More Information on Transformers: Exodus: Official History of the War For Cybertron

Postby Requiem Prime » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:49 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Maybe, if I like the game.
I do like how the Decepticons at least started from greater shades of grey than just a desire to conquer.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 10

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:38 am

Having read all of the War Within Comics as well as the Megatron: Origins series,(not to mention all the other versions of origin plots since the TF's first came out in '84) it may be rather difficult to sit yet another variation on the whole theme. I am, however, willing to give it a shot just to see how much homework the author(s) have done. It does sound like they have borrowed at least some from the Megatron: Origins story so this could be worth it. It's worth checking out for those of us who still enjoy print/paper.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Oh, shizz! Ive been waiting for a book like this! :CON:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Bouncy X » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:28 am

considering the recent trend of making animated companions to video game releases, surprised this wasn't a dtv movie. woulda been cool.
"Expect nothing, but want it all"
Bouncy X
Pretender

Postby Doctor McGrath » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:39 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm pretty excited about this. I'll probably check it out and read these authors take on the history of Cybertron.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers DANIEL WITWICKY Figure ONLY Exo Suit Studio Series 86 Slug" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC Buzzworthy Bumblebee & Spike" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity Bumblebee A-03 Suzuki Swift Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY