This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration

Postby Blurrz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
We have some news concerning Botcon, which will be held in Orlando, Florida this year. Brian Savage has posted on the Transformers Collectors' Club forums notifying us with what's going down in terms of tours and the customisation class this June.

Tours - Kennedy Space Center on Wednesday

Customisation Class - On Wednesday and Thursday, 25 people each, and one cannot sign up for both.

In terms of the Registration for Botcon, it has been delayed due trying to get the registration up alongside their new auction site. The brochure will be up very soon, however the registration's start date has yet to be determined.

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Botcon 2010 - Tour Announced and Update on Registration

Postby Mkall » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
*cue jeapordy theme song*

I'm sorry, but two months away is not a good time for "soon" :-?

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Savage » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Indeed. I predict a throng of pissed-off people who don't make it into the customizing classes. At this rate, anybody not sitting at a computer the moment registration goes online is SOL on customizing classes.

I also predict a massive server crash within the first hour of registration.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Hey.. maybe they'll get registration up by the time we get checked into our hotels.. Oh wait. XD
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby LiKwid » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Mkall wrote:*cue jeapordy theme song*

I'm sorry, but two months away is not a good time for "soon" :-?

I agree...I used to live 10 minutes away from the kennedy space center..Trust me unless your a spce buff, skip it..Go and check out Islands of Adventure or City Walk instead ...

Savage wrote:Indeed. I predict a throng of pissed-off people who don't make it into the customizing classes. At this rate, anybody not sitting at a computer the moment registration goes online is SOL on customizing classes.

I also predict a massive server crash within the first hour of registration.

AHHHH I'm looking foward to the custo class but I guess your right..I'm gonna look silly carrying around my laptop at work LoL

The crash is inevitable but I hope it doesn't happen..Especially when I hit "Submit" LOL :BANG_HEAD:

Blurrz wrote:Hey.. maybe they'll get registration up by the time we get checked into our hotels.. Oh wait. XD

I LoL'd
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Postby jynxer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:38 am

hey guys this is gonna be my first botcon (if they ever release the registration) and i'm just wondering... whats a Customisation Class
jynxer
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:28 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Hmmm? double post...
Last edited by Prime Evil on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 am

jynxer wrote:hey guys this is gonna be my first botcon (if they ever release the registration) and i'm just wondering... whats a Customisation Class

This is my first year I will "TRY" and get into the class myself. It's a class where you will get to put together a figure straight from it's plastic sprues. They pick one particular mold for the class and then take you step by step on assembly and I assume painting. Sometimes it's related to the theme of botcon, sometimes I think it's random, but it should be a unique figure nonetheless, well, except for the year they did Overkill from Clssc Grimlock. But the class's version was still different from the Special Edition that was released.

2005?
2006- Cyb Scrapmetal Metal to Inferno and another guy. Forgot who.
2007- Classic Grimlock to Overkill
2008- Club Nightbeat to SG Nightbeat
2009- Energon Rodimus to SG Thunderclash.

This is an extra fee and is NOT part of the regular registration cost. I'm putting an extra $100 aside for this class. This year, there are 2 classes. 1 on Wednesday and 1 on Thursday with 25 people in each class. It goes from 9am-3pm (est.)
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:49 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I'm aiming for Wednesday's customizing class. Here's hoping.

So will we have an announcement before registration goes live that registration will go live? I don't have time to hit F5 on the site. I need to know in advance!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Prime Evil » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:04 am

Razorclaw0000 wrote:I'm aiming for Wednesday's customizing class. Here's hoping.

So will we have an announcement before registration goes live that registration will go live? I don't have time to hit F5 on the site. I need to know in advance!

I'm shooting for Thursday, but I'll take WHATEVER day I can. Yeah, so no need to keep on refreshing until after the brochure goes up, then it's F5 all day errr day until I'm officially in. :)
facebook

Prime Evil
Godmaster

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Even though I havent seen Kennedy since I was a kid, Im scared of what I may miss if I opt this tour. Dont be surprised if something is given away free or cheap while these guys are looking at space suits. If I get bored between events or dont mix well with other attendees, youll find me at the hotel bar with a cold one !!!

But more important, since this is my first Botcon, must I remain online 24-7 to get the regular Primus package ??? (I dont want any tour add-ons because I am a Florida resident) Do the regular Primus Packages go that quick like within an hour ??? Or can I buy it within the same day or two days after registration goes online ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I don't know if I'm allowed at Kennedy any more.

Last time we were there my best friend punched one of those guys wearing the space suits in the back.

He deserved it, if you're wondering.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Savage » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:45 am

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Rated X wrote:Even though I havent seen Kennedy since I was a kid, Im scared of what I may miss if I opt this tour. Dont be surprised if something is given away free or cheap while these guys are looking at space suits. If I get bored between events or dont mix well with other attendees, youll find me at the hotel bar with a cold one !!!

But more important, since this is my first Botcon, must I remain online 24-7 to get the regular Primus package ??? (I dont want any tour add-ons because I am a Florida resident) Do the regular Primus Packages go that quick like within an hour ??? Or can I buy it within the same day or two days after registration goes online ???

Primus Packages shouldn't sell out for at least a week or two, probably longer, and it's equally likely they won't sell out at all. It's the customizing classes that are going to go at hyperspeed.
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Speed: 7

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Savage wrote:
Rated X wrote:Even though I havent seen Kennedy since I was a kid, Im scared of what I may miss if I opt this tour. Dont be surprised if something is given away free or cheap while these guys are looking at space suits. If I get bored between events or dont mix well with other attendees, youll find me at the hotel bar with a cold one !!!

Primus Packages shouldn't sell out for at least a week or two, probably longer, and it's equally likely they won't sell out at all. It's the customizing classes that are going to go at hyperspeed.

Do any of the customizing packages include any free figures or have anything to do with Transformers ??? Or are these just extra excursions designed for tourists who want to sightsee the area ???
Rated X
Banned

Postby Blurrz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Customizing class is not within any package. It's an extra event that can be signed up for. You get one free figure, Prime Evil already explained it.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers

Postby LiKwid » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Rated X wrote:
Savage wrote:

Do any of the customizing packages include any free figures or have anything to do with Transformers ??? Or are these just extra excursions designed for tourists who want to sightsee the area ???

You get to keep the figure you customize. They give it to you off of the plastic sprues and you assemble it and paint it. I for one would love the chance to be in the customize class but with my work schedule I'll be happy with the primus package..i can't remember what the guy who instructs the customizing class name is but I know he's one of the best..Well aside from Jin Saotome :P

Ahh his name is Shawn Tessman

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm

LiKwid wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Savage wrote:

You get to keep the figure you customize. They give it to you off of the plastic sprues and you assemble it and paint it. I for one would love the chance to be in the customize class but with my work schedule I'll be happy with the primus package..i can't remember what the guy who instructs the customizing class name is but I know he's one of the best..Well aside from Jin Saotome :P

Ahh his name is Shawn Tessman

Interesting. But honestly, if you are not good at painting (like me) would you consider the customizing package worth it or not ???
Rated X
Banned

Postby Mkall » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Rated X wrote:Interesting. But honestly, if you are not good at painting (like me) would you consider the customizing package worth it or not ???

If I'm fast enough I'm gonna give it a try. The chance to own a figure of which there are less than 100 made appeals to me.

Also if I do it well enough, maybe I can convince Seibs to do a gallery of it.

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby Rated X » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Interesting. But honestly, if you are not good at painting (like me) would you consider the customizing package worth it or not ???

If I'm fast enough I'm gonna give it a try. The chance to own a figure of which there are less than 100 made appeals to me.

Also if I do it well enough, maybe I can convince Seibs to do a gallery of it.

Thats not a bad idea. So if the Primus goes for about $300, whats the price on the customize package ?
Rated X
Banned

Postby Mkall » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Rated X wrote:Thats not a bad idea. So if the Primus goes for about $300, whats the price on the customize package ?

I think it's pretty cheap. 50?

Mkall
God Of Transformers

Postby LiKwid » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Mkall wrote:
Rated X wrote:Thats not a bad idea. So if the Primus goes for about $300, whats the price on the customize package ?

I think it's pretty cheap. 50?

I was looking through last years brochure and I thought the class was $85 bucks? Still seems like a fair price considering you get to asemble the figure , paint and keep it..not to mention get some helpful hints and tips from a experienced customizer..

Wish Jin would be the instructor :P

LiKwid
Gestalt
Buy from LiKwid on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0923IM458 2C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #2 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of ARCEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221657 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1B 1123IM198 (CA) Aja (W) Williamson"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915C"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RE IDW Comics 2021 Hasbro Pulse 1RE (CA) Coller"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1B 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SINS OF WRECKERS #2 IDW Comics 2015 (W/A/CA) Roche 230227"
Transformers SINS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON