This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Hall of Fame...Time to Vote!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Which Transformers would you like to see go into the Transformers Hall of Fame?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:49 pm

G1 Grimlock
18%
G1 Jazz
10%
G1 Arcee
3%
G1 Hot Rod
5%
BW Dinobot
11%
G1 Soundwave
23%
BW Ravage
2%
G1 Shockwave
14%
G1 Devastator
9%
G1 Unicron
3%

Total votes : 342

Re: Transformers Hall of Fame...Time to Vote!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
1337W422102 wrote:Did nothing? emerald, you're forgetting his badass voice as well as his army of minions which he stores inside of him. His speech patterns and voice made him feel more (I know this will sound ironic) robot, unlike most of the other characters who spoke like humans and whatnot.
And how is that supposed to refute the claim that Soundwave didn't do much?

Seriously, G1 Soundwave is one of the most overrated characters of all time.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 435
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Sabrblade wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:Did nothing? emerald, you're forgetting his badass voice as well as his army of minions which he stores inside of him. His speech patterns and voice made him feel more (I know this will sound ironic) robot, unlike most of the other characters who spoke like humans and whatnot.
And how is that supposed to refute the claim that Soundwave didn't do much?

Seriously, G1 Soundwave is one of the most overrated characters of all time.

Commanding a subgroup is doing nothing? Overrated, maybe, but definitely memorable.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Ah man! Dinobot got 4th?! I was hoping he'd at least get 3rd. Where's the Beast Wars love?

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence." :sad:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby 1337W422102 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
UltraPrimal wrote:Ah man! Dinobot got 4th?! I was hoping he'd at least get 3rd. Where's the Beast Wars love?

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence." :sad:

I guess we'll just have to settle for the Henkei Dinobot! :P
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 pm

UltraPrimal wrote:Ah man! Dinobot got 4th?! I was hoping he'd at least get 3rd. Where's the Beast Wars love?

"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron." :BOWDOWN:

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby vectorA3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:21 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Soundwave overrated? I don't see that. The iconic voice, the spy functions he and his minions carried out. Battles with Blaster - pretty cool character. Don't understand the disparaging comments. I knew he & Grimlock were solid for the top vote getters. It's a real shame Jetfire didn't even make the preliminary top 10.

I'm not as familiar with G2, armada, BW etc., but I agree there should've been a slot for at least one non-G1 character in all fairness. They should be inducting at least 3 figs per year. At this rate, it'll be 100 years before they get to the other continuities' characters!
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 am

vectorA3 wrote:Soundwave overrated? I don't see that. The iconic voice, the spy functions he and his minions carried out.
A character should not be judged solely by their voice or gimmicks.

vectorA3 wrote:Battles with Blaster - pretty cool character.
And there were only, what, two fights between the two? Three fights, maybe? For being rivals, these two sure didn't face off one-on-one very often.

vectorA3 wrote:I'm not as familiar with G2, armada, BW etc., but I agree there should've been a slot for at least one non-G1 character in all fairness. They should be inducting at least 3 figs per year. At this rate, it'll be 100 years before they get to the other continuities' characters!
Beast Wars Dinobot got fourth place ('tis a shame, really, as he probably far more character development and personality than all the others to choose from in that list. :-( ).

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Blurrz » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Whoopsie. Looks like it's our Top 5, not our Top 3.

Welcome Jazz and Dinobot!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Blurrz wrote:Whoopsie. Looks like it's our Top 5, not our Top 3.

That's better.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Whoopsie. Looks like it's our Top 5, not our Top 3.

That's better.

Yay Dinobot!! :APPLAUSE:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby vectorA3 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
vectorA3 wrote:Soundwave overrated? I don't see that. The iconic voice, the spy functions he and his minions carried out.

And there were only, what, two fights between the two? Three fights, maybe? For being rivals, these two sure didn't face off one-on-one very often.

vectorA3 wrote:I'm not as familiar with G2, armada, BW etc., but I agree there should've been a slot for at least one non-G1 character in all fairness. They should be inducting at least 3 figs per year. At this rate, it'll be 100 years before they get to the other continuities' characters!
Beast Wars Dinobot got fourth place ('tis a shame, really, as he probably far more character development and personality than all the others to choose from in that list. :-( ).

i'm not going to sit here & defend SW --if you don't like him, you don't like him. I'm not judging him solely off his voice, but it is unique, very cool and memorable, next to Prime, Megs, & SS voices, probably the next most memorable. They really didn't give him any backstory in G1 --but that's not his fault, they didn't give many of the other decepticons any of that either.
I need to watch all of the BW, to know more about Dinobot. With the few episodes i saw, i don't remember much about him.
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby vectorA3 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:33 am

Sabrblade wrote:

i'm not going to sit here & defend SW --if you don't like him, you don't like him. I'm not judging him solely off his voice, but it is unique, very cool and memorable, next to Prime, Megs, & SS voices, probably the next most memorable. They really didn't give him any backstory in G1 --but that's not his fault, they didn't give many of the other decepticons any of that either.
I need to watch all of the BW, to know more about Dinobot. With the few episodes i saw, i don't remember much about him.
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am

vectorA3 wrote:i'm not going to sit here & defend SW --if you don't like him, you don't like him. I'm not judging him solely off his voice, but it is unique, very cool and memorable, next to Prime, Megs, & SS voices, probably the next most memorable. They really didn't give him any backstory in G1 --but that's not his fault, they didn't give many of the other decepticons any of that either.
I'm not saying I don't like Soundwave (I do like him, actually). I just think that there are plenty other better choices who would deserve such an honor more than him.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby vectorA3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:12 am

Ya, #4 is great for him. Could've went either way with Grimlock, but I can't picture him not making a collective/fans top 10 list though.
vectorA3
Brainmaster

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JAN210498 2A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr E 1:50 Quintesson Image Comics 0823IM480 5E (CA) Lee 231010Q"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS II #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221750 4RI"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ptg Image Comics 2023 0823IM821 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 231222Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 171019F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON